Now that Eli won his SX title...

chadder44
This is a total pipe dream, but man I just want to see the best guys all race one series. I wanted Eli to win this title so he could close this chapter and then, by some miracle, shift his focus to Herlings. I wish the moto gods could figure this out. One race per year just isn't enough. For so long, I never really cared about the GPs, because I always felt like the best guy was here in the US. If someone wanted to beat RC, Stewart, Dungey, or RV, they would come here and do it. Now, I'm not quite so sure. I think Herlings and Cairoli have pushed the pace so far over there, that something just feels missing in the AMA nationals. I don't know anything about the logistics side of this (clearly), but why can't we have a GP supercross season and then a GP outdoor season? And then on off weekends some smaller american races like they do in Europe. It sucks to see a small sport split itself into smaller pieces. Imagine Herlings, Tomac, Cairoli, Roczen, Gajser, Webb, Prado, AC, Coldenhoff, Anderson etc on the same track every weekend all year long. I'm terrified Tomac will retire and we will never get to see these guys truly go head to head enough to draw any real conclusions. I also think they would push the speed to levels we have never seen.
|
FerCzD
6/22/2020 11:20am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 1:53pm
Already said it. But my dream would be that he goes and grabs this and next year's outdoors championship, back to back on SX and then win MXoN in France. After that sail, into the sunset.

How cool would it be him giving it a go at the MXGP? But now that he is a father, I believe that will no longer be a viable option.
OldPro277
6/22/2020 1:20pm
Based on his pre-race interview when he stated " this championship would be my last block to be checked off" ,and being a new Dad, I would not be surprised at all if he hangs it up after the Nationals. And as much as I love watching him ride and would like to see him climb up the all-time wins list, I wouldn't blame him at all.
agn5009
6/22/2020 1:33pm
OldPro277 wrote:
Based on his pre-race interview when he stated " this championship would be my last block to be checked off" ,and being a new Dad, I...
Based on his pre-race interview when he stated " this championship would be my last block to be checked off" ,and being a new Dad, I would not be surprised at all if he hangs it up after the Nationals. And as much as I love watching him ride and would like to see him climb up the all-time wins list, I wouldn't blame him at all.
I'd give him another full year.
budlong802
6/22/2020 1:41pm
chadder44 wrote:
This is a total pipe dream, but man I just want to see the best guys all race one series. I wanted Eli to win this...
This is a total pipe dream, but man I just want to see the best guys all race one series. I wanted Eli to win this title so he could close this chapter and then, by some miracle, shift his focus to Herlings. I wish the moto gods could figure this out. One race per year just isn't enough. For so long, I never really cared about the GPs, because I always felt like the best guy was here in the US. If someone wanted to beat RC, Stewart, Dungey, or RV, they would come here and do it. Now, I'm not quite so sure. I think Herlings and Cairoli have pushed the pace so far over there, that something just feels missing in the AMA nationals. I don't know anything about the logistics side of this (clearly), but why can't we have a GP supercross season and then a GP outdoor season? And then on off weekends some smaller american races like they do in Europe. It sucks to see a small sport split itself into smaller pieces. Imagine Herlings, Tomac, Cairoli, Roczen, Gajser, Webb, Prado, AC, Coldenhoff, Anderson etc on the same track every weekend all year long. I'm terrified Tomac will retire and we will never get to see these guys truly go head to head enough to draw any real conclusions. I also think they would push the speed to levels we have never seen.
Do things like this really terrify people?

The Shop

chadder44
6/22/2020 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 1:48pm
chadder44 wrote:
This is a total pipe dream, but man I just want to see the best guys all race one series. I wanted Eli to win this...
budlong802 wrote:
Do things like this really terrify people?
Hyperbole. Substitute "terrified" for "bummed at the prospect". In reality I feel spoiled for even having a sport to watch that I enjoy this much, lucky to see Tomac and Herling's talent on display, and hopeful at the idea of them competing at MXDN whenever possible.
6/22/2020 3:47pm
Good job E3. And everyone involved in the series. I,m sure there all bummed now, with no more 2 races a week. I,m sure everyone had fun in Utah learning how to fish and mountain biking.etc
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
6/22/2020 4:02pm
i got this...once a year...call it "the world championship"..if you show up you can race...open class.

Post a reply to: Now that Eli won his SX title...

The Latest