Now that Davi retired

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2018 8:41 AM

Will we hear official word of Barcia staying with Yamaha this week, or even some time today??

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/7/2018 8:45 AM

I think that's a given, right?

Why does there need to be an announcement of hiring someone they have already hired?

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

2/7/2018 8:45 AM

Would not be very professional to do same day, everyone knows it coming. I would hope they'd give Davi the spotlight and wait until Friday or Saturday

|

2/7/2018 9:03 AM

Barcia is taking Tickle's spot with Roger & KTM.
Stamping it.
Press Release & Announcement will happen during press day this week.

|

2/7/2018 9:06 AM

Camduhman212 wrote:

Stamping it.

In bizarro world....

That's not happening.

|

2/7/2018 9:06 AM

Again, Blair said a month ago that Barcia was secure since Davi isn't coming back.
He either had inside info or a really good hunch, or both.

|

2/7/2018 9:09 AM

Asimo wrote:

Again, Blair said a month ago that Barcia was secure since Davi isn't coming back.
He either had inside info or a really good hunch, or both.

I think we've all pretty much had that figured out, but didn't Barcia say last week on Pulp MX that they were still working a few details out before papers were signed? I think I read that in another thread

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/7/2018 9:25 AM

I think Barcia would be staying whether Davi retired or not.

|

2003 CR250R - 2006 KX250 (freessshhhh)

2/7/2018 9:28 AM

I like Davi...even with his shortcomings, seemed like a cool guy that just was never going to be any better than he was on the Suzuki a few years ago. Fast at times, but not championship fast. Sad he's gone, but it was a wise decision.

That said, Barcia will do for Yamaha what Millsaps probably wasn't going to. Hope Yamaha sees what they've got.

|

2/7/2018 9:38 AM

Davis contract was likely better than the one barcia has been on these past races. Smart move on his behalf to hold out to sign, and belief in himself

|

2/7/2018 9:40 AM

Really happy for Davi to retire this way with a good payday on the way out.

|

2/7/2018 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2018 9:45 AM

Camduhman212 wrote:

Stamping it.

I think we may start enacting a 1.5-strike Fake News limit.

You're 2/3 of the way there.

|

2/7/2018 9:52 AM

So will Barcia and Plessinger be the 450 riders next year ?

|

2/7/2018 10:06 AM

mb60 wrote:

Assuming Webb is out next year and Barcia keeps riding well I could totally see JB and AP on factory yanaha 450s

|

2/7/2018 11:36 AM

mb60 wrote:

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Assuming Webb is out next year and Barcia keeps riding well I could totally see JB and AP on factory yanaha 450s

Barcia plessinger and partymarty? Would love to see davalos get a real shot and Yamaha could use another bike on the track

|

2/7/2018 11:44 AM

They will most likely announce on Saturday at the race that Barcia is going to be permanent. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Barcia goes anywhere other than where he’s at. He’s doing better than he ever has in supercross.

|

2/7/2018 11:45 AM

Lastander wrote:

Barcia plessinger and partymarty? Would love to see davalos get a real shot and Yamaha could use another bike on the track

and the husky has not been a "real shot"?!??!??! hmmmmm.......better not tell andersonlaughing laughing laughing laughing

|

2/7/2018 11:47 AM

mauidex wrote:

and the husky has not been a "real shot"?!??!??! hmmmmm.......better not tell andersonlaughing laughing laughing laughing

In 450sx? Simmer down ya big floofer

|

2/7/2018 11:52 AM

davistld01 wrote:

I like Davi...even with his shortcomings, seemed like a cool guy that just was never going to be any better than he was on the Suzuki a few years ago. Fast at times, but not championship fast. Sad he's gone, but it was a wise decision.

That said, Barcia will do for Yamaha what Millsaps probably wasn't going to. Hope Yamaha sees what they've got.

This sums it up nicely. Bummer to go out this way, but it's a smart call.

Tons of talent, some unfortunate injuries and definitely questionable drive/motivation at times. Hopefully he finds a retirement gig that suits him.

|

2/7/2018 12:38 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I think you are massively underestimating Davi's abilities. Totally disagree. A healthy, fit, and happy Davi can run at the front of the pack.

|

2/7/2018 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2018 4:52 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

I think you are massively underestimating Davi's abilities. Totally disagree. A healthy, fit, and happy Davi can run at the front of the pack.

Ok...let's just say in the last several years he hasn't proven that to anybody.

|

2/7/2018 5:02 PM

I thought this was gonna be a “now that Davi is retired can we find out what was in his locker” thread. Not gonna lie, I’d like to get a real answer lol

|

Bobby Bonds #129

2/7/2018 6:02 PM

bondsmx wrote:

I thought this was gonna be a “now that Davi is retired can we find out what was in his locker” thread. Not gonna lie, I’d like to get a real answer lol

I was about to write this

|

2/7/2018 8:17 PM

So does he get paid much from his contract considering he never even lined up for a race with the team?

|

2/7/2018 8:18 PM

I just hope Barcia keeps it going and the results don’t slide once the contract is signed.
I personally believe there should be a base salary and then the bulk of their money would come from a results based pay system. It would keep some these guys hungry and racing hard... just my opinion and i could be totally wrong...

|

2/7/2018 10:15 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Lastander wrote:

mauidex wrote:

Davalos only had 2 or 3 weeks to get ready for outdoors on the 450, he thought he was going to be riding a 250 outdoors. But it would be cool to see him get a real shot on a 450 in SX.

|

2/7/2018 10:45 PM

Spooner wrote:

So does he get paid much from his contract considering he never even lined up for a race with the team?

Hard to know the exact terms of his deal but Yamaha probably has some 3rd party insurance on the contract, so Davi will get paid and then Yamaha will take the insurance payout. However getting insurance on a deal like this is probably not easy, given the nature of the sport and Davi's long history of injuries.

To anyone saying "he hasn't ran at the front", was he not 5th in points in 2017 SX season?

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/8/2018 2:49 AM

He is able to walk away unassisted, thats a good decision, now as good a time as any.
Good luck.

|

2/8/2018 3:16 AM

Great career and gets to enjoy his family.

Was he in a Bell helmet?

|