Now it's official Suzuki is leaving MXGP series

Acidreamer
10/24/2017 9:06am
Suzuki is lagging behind in every type of bike. They make solid bikes but theres no reason to buy them when literally every other brand but harley makes better bikes. I mean shit i sat on a 18 rmz450 at aimexpo and it didnt even feel smaller or thinner than my 2009 kx450. None of their bikes were remotely interesting or competed against other brands. I love my gsxr but when i buy a new bike a zook isnt even on the radar. they need to figure something out. They seem to not be interested in pioneering anything.
Motofinne
10/24/2017 9:08am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2017 9:12am
280driver wrote:
A real shame. This will hurt thier development and R&D because both of those series have historically been used to test new or next gen stuff.
We can only imagine how much they tested this season. I remember that they even admitted that the bike was far from optimal/ready at round 1 of the GPs this season. And making changes in a race environment at the highest level is the best place to develop a bike.

JGR wont be able to do anything near what the GP team could do and the team in Japan.
JMX82
10/24/2017 9:44am
I think Motofinne is right. AMA production rule effectively prevents JGR from doing any real bike development for Suzuki. I'm afraid that Suzuki is slowly running down their motocross bike production. Why else they would quit their Japanese championship team where they usually do early testing for new parts?
BobbyM
10/24/2017 10:26am
Trumps proposed economic tariffs made this an easy decision for suzuki with others soon following. Welcome to America is Great

The Shop

280driver
10/24/2017 10:43am
BobbyM wrote:
Trumps proposed economic tariffs made this an easy decision for suzuki with others soon following. Welcome to America is Great
What proposed tariffs are you referring to?
10/24/2017 11:04am
At a guess I would say making a push in MotoGP and need the $$$
You would think so right? But dont hold your breath. Suzuki aint doing shit in MotoGP but existing. They have quickly gone from a promising bike...
You would think so right? But dont hold your breath. Suzuki aint doing shit in MotoGP but existing. They have quickly gone from a promising bike when they returned to the worst bike on the grid due to their poor financial effort.

They sell more bikes worldwide than anyone yet they are relatively getting stomped by a small semi-factory outfit like Aprilia and in just ONE SEASON KTM have already surpassed Suzuki.

They could easily finance a satellite motoGP team and speed up development of their bike, but they dont. Meanwhile a company a fraction of their size like Ducati fields 8 bikes on the grid. EMBARRASSING!

This is what Suzuki does. They build great bikes. And then they pinch pennies at the race track. It sucks they are pulling out of mxGP. We shouldnt be surprised. They've all but pulled out of American SX/MX. So frustrating.
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah they had something to build on. Great turning bike but lacked the engine, funny i think i have heard that before in some other sport(mx/sx)...
Yeah they had something to build on. Great turning bike but lacked the engine, funny i think i have heard that before in some other sport(mx/sx). This season has been a complete shitshow for Suzuki in MotoGP(well the last 2 races have been good from Iannone) compared to last year.

That bike has been in a relative standstill.

While EVERY other mfg is working their asses off in development to get better.

Throw in the fact that they hired Iannone, who is as talented as they come, but whose style of riding is the complete opposite of what the Suzuki does well. A lot of media (who are sponsored by Suzuki) want to blame Iannone for the poor results this year. But who hired him? If I was Suzuki brass, I'd be firing the team manager or whomever signed off on hiring a guy that you'd have to completely change the bike for. Dumbasses.

Lorenzo's style would've fit the Suzuki perfectly and they likely are championship contenders with him on the bike. But hiring JLo wouldve required Suzuki to spend money. And now we've come full circle to the reason this thread was started. Suzuki is cheap. They arent broke. They're just notoriously cheap.
Acidreamer
10/24/2017 11:12am
BobbyM wrote:
280driver wrote:
The US tariffs have everything to do with racing in europe... ok bruh
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
10/24/2017 11:32am
BobbyM wrote:
280driver wrote:
Forget it, he's rolling . . .
10/24/2017 11:39am
Acidreamer wrote:
Suzuki is lagging behind in every type of bike. They make solid bikes but theres no reason to buy them when literally every other brand but...
Suzuki is lagging behind in every type of bike. They make solid bikes but theres no reason to buy them when literally every other brand but harley makes better bikes. I mean shit i sat on a 18 rmz450 at aimexpo and it didnt even feel smaller or thinner than my 2009 kx450. None of their bikes were remotely interesting or competed against other brands. I love my gsxr but when i buy a new bike a zook isnt even on the radar. they need to figure something out. They seem to not be interested in pioneering anything.
You got to sit on the new RMZ?! So sick. U should tell us some more about your detailed ride report,
ruy
10/24/2017 2:38pm

Acidreamer
10/25/2017 2:19am
Acidreamer wrote:
Suzuki is lagging behind in every type of bike. They make solid bikes but theres no reason to buy them when literally every other brand but...
You got to sit on the new RMZ?! So sick. U should tell us some more about your detailed ride report,
When or if suzuki has a demo day i will definitely hook you up fam. Till then the first impression wasnt enough to pull the trigger on a purchase.
kkawboy14
10/25/2017 3:21am
280driver wrote:
A real shame. This will hurt thier development and R&D because both of those series have historically been used to test new or next gen stuff.
They haven’t updated their bikes since back when kawasaki helped them.
JustMX
10/25/2017 5:53am
Why would any manafacturer be putting resources into 4 stroke engine development?

The bikes are too Damn fast now and are program able with efi.

The future in this sport is going to be electric.

The future in motorcycle sales is third world markets. Not a whole lot of r&d is required to make 400cc and under simple and stone reliable.

Google American motorcycle sales and you will get pages of articles about harley's sales plunging.

Google third world market sales and you will find articles about ktm, jap brands, and even royal Enfield competing for slivers of market share in china and india.

Honda just announced that they have recently made their 100 millionth super cub. They aren't selling a lot of them here.
newmann
10/25/2017 6:04am
No worries, when they make the switch to 4 strokes they'll be saved.

newmann
10/25/2017 6:07am
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/23/221430/s1200_1962808_10203283534510305_1726021746_n.jpg[/img]

That bike is pure sex.
kkawboy14
10/25/2017 6:26am

Looks like Suzuki has made some really good business decisions this year!
BobbyM
10/25/2017 8:52am
JustMX wrote:
Why would any manafacturer be putting resources into 4 stroke engine development? The bikes are too Damn fast now and are program able with efi. The...
Why would any manafacturer be putting resources into 4 stroke engine development?

The future in motorcycle sales is third world markets. Not a whole lot of r&d is required to make 400cc and under simple and stone reliable.

Google American motorcycle sales and you will get pages of articles about harley's sales plunging.

Google third world market sales and you will find articles about ktm, jap brands, and even royal Enfield competing for slivers of market share in china and india.

Honda just announced that they have recently made their 100 millionth super cub. They aren't selling a lot of them here.
Solar electric my friend.. Front plate will be cells. Not good for cloudy days... But it's always sunny racing moto.
newmann
10/25/2017 12:47pm
JustMX wrote:
Why would any manafacturer be putting resources into 4 stroke engine development? The bikes are too Damn fast now and are program able with efi. The...

The future in motorcycle sales is third world markets.

Third world electric grids are ready!

JAFO92
10/25/2017 12:56pm
Does this mean my 100% NOS bikes will go up in value? Huh
10/25/2017 2:34pm
I'm not psychic but I play one on Vital.

I see a future for all outdoor motocross series that has just a KTM factory effort and a bunch of privateers on various Japanese brands. ...If we have outdoor professional motocross in 5-10 years.

BTW, this has been coming for Suzuki since their 2010 decision to let DeCoster go. Karma is a bitch.

If I were Carmichael I would be looking for a new "brand ambassador" gig too.
10/25/2017 2:47pm
JustMX wrote:

good post.

3rd world countries are where all the sales and profits are. Suzuki jumped on this from the start.
10/25/2017 2:52pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/25/221762/s1200_6B210A92_0589_4BBB_8F46_80D666E950DB.jpg[/img] Looks like Suzuki has made some really good business decisions this year!

Looks like Suzuki has made some really good business decisions this year!
Cant argue with those numbers.

But that is why I think it's so embarrassing that Suzuki penny pinches at the race track.

I dont expect them to field factory teams for R&D purposes. They simply dont need the teams for that anymore. Everything is done in Japan.

I dont expect them to field factory teams for marketing purposes either. Winning on Sunday doesnt translate to sales on Monday. Proven by the fact that Suzuki has actually won a lot in America with Carmichael and Dungey. It never lead to major sales figures.

I do expect them to want to race simply for pride. Racing is important to the Japanese. As is pride & ego.

I cannot fathom a time when KTM doesnt want to race. There was a time when that could be said for every Japanese brand as well.
10/25/2017 2:53pm
280driver wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
They dont need too. The frame has gotten constant subtle updates year after year. It's arguably the best aluminum frame out there.

Since teams change every other part anyways, it's still a very viable platform for a team like JGR.
rmgsxr
10/26/2017 8:31am
That bike has been in a relative standstill. While EVERY other mfg is working their asses off in development to get better. Throw in the fact...
That bike has been in a relative standstill.

While EVERY other mfg is working their asses off in development to get better.

Throw in the fact that they hired Iannone, who is as talented as they come, but whose style of riding is the complete opposite of what the Suzuki does well. A lot of media (who are sponsored by Suzuki) want to blame Iannone for the poor results this year. But who hired him? If I was Suzuki brass, I'd be firing the team manager or whomever signed off on hiring a guy that you'd have to completely change the bike for. Dumbasses.

Lorenzo's style would've fit the Suzuki perfectly and they likely are championship contenders with him on the bike. But hiring JLo wouldve required Suzuki to spend money. And now we've come full circle to the reason this thread was started. Suzuki is cheap. They arent broke. They're just notoriously cheap.
I've heard that their California offices still have orange shag carpeting.
kkawboy14
10/26/2017 8:37am
BobbyM wrote:
280driver wrote:
The proposed ones.....try and keep up man!
kkawboy14
10/26/2017 8:39am
JustMX wrote:

newmann wrote:
[i]The future in this sport is going to be electric.[/i] [i]The future in motorcycle sales is third world markets.[/i] Third world electric grids are ready! [img]https://c8.alamy.com/comp/AWPRJR/tangled-electrical-and-telephone-cables-in-saigon-vietnam-asia-AWPRJR.jpg[/img]

The future in motorcycle sales is third world markets.

Third world electric grids are ready!

Holy Wire Debacle BatMan!
kkawboy14
10/26/2017 8:43am
280driver wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
They dont need too. The frame has gotten constant subtle updates year after year. It's arguably the best aluminum frame out there. Since teams change every...
They dont need too. The frame has gotten constant subtle updates year after year. It's arguably the best aluminum frame out there.

Since teams change every other part anyways, it's still a very viable platform for a team like JGR.
I agree....Roczen just won a championship on one, how bad could it be?

Post a reply to: Now it's official Suzuki is leaving MXGP series

The Latest