Novik Gloves

redrider_714
Fantasy
2285th
Edited Date/Time 6/16/2020 1:07pm
What ever happened to Novik Gloves? I remember a few years ago they seemed to be pretty popular. They were involved with Derek Anderson and Tucker Saye on the Driven To Ride YouTube series. Seems like they just disappeared overnight.
|
berno929
Fantasy
2519th
2/7/2018 3:19pm
I believe one of the 2 owners passed away. The brand has been quiet since then.
tcallahan707
2/7/2018 5:30pm
berno929 wrote:
Yes, Erik passed away a couple years ago. They still sell gloves but not much going on in terms of brand building/design since. Fantastic guys, amazing product. Unfortunately, it's a tough market considering the impossibility of getting their gloves on the hands of a factory guy with a gear deal.
kkawboy14
2/7/2018 5:34pm
What happened to the owner? Noren was their main rider

The Shop

tcallahan707
2/7/2018 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 6:25pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Complications from a health condition. I don't think it's my place to really say much more.

Quick story about how great Bryan and Erik are, especially when it comes to supporting the little guys. They were cool enough to let me pit with them when I decided to ride my local national. I knew I wouldn't qualify and so did they. It didn't matter. They made room for me anyways, even though they had a top 15 guy under their tent...a guy who happened to be on Factory Honda the following weekend. After the LCQ, I cracked a beer with Bryan and Erik and we went out to watch my "teammate" finish 13th (I think) on the only bike he owned with his girlfriend at the time as his mechanic. It's guys/companies like Novik, riders like Freddie, and support systems like Amy that make this sport so amazing to be apart of and what makes it go around. If you love motocross as much as these guys all do, you've got my support. Proud to call them all my friends.

I miss you Erik.

Uncle Tony
2/7/2018 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 6:29pm
Are they located in New England?
smv ryder
Fantasy
1313th
2/7/2018 6:33pm
Praying they are still open... made a order last Friday, got an email of my order, pending charge for 3days and then the charge is gone.
They are in Silverthorne, Colorado.
Very cool company..
ps I have ordered since one of the owners died so praying it’s an inventory issue
smv ryder
Fantasy
1313th
2/7/2018 6:34pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Complications from a health condition. I don't think it's my place to really say much more. Quick story about how great Bryan and Erik are, especially...
Complications from a health condition. I don't think it's my place to really say much more.

Quick story about how great Bryan and Erik are, especially when it comes to supporting the little guys. They were cool enough to let me pit with them when I decided to ride my local national. I knew I wouldn't qualify and so did they. It didn't matter. They made room for me anyways, even though they had a top 15 guy under their tent...a guy who happened to be on Factory Honda the following weekend. After the LCQ, I cracked a beer with Bryan and Erik and we went out to watch my "teammate" finish 13th (I think) on the only bike he owned with his girlfriend at the time as his mechanic. It's guys/companies like Novik, riders like Freddie, and support systems like Amy that make this sport so amazing to be apart of and what makes it go around. If you love motocross as much as these guys all do, you've got my support. Proud to call them all my friends.

I miss you Erik.

Awesome awesome story my man!!
tcallahan707
2/7/2018 6:55pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Complications from a health condition. I don't think it's my place to really say much more. Quick story about how great Bryan and Erik are, especially...

I miss you Erik.

smv ryder wrote:
Awesome awesome story my man!!
Thank you! I was hanging out with Freddie and Amy after MXDN last year and couldn't help but think that I was only there because of Erik and Bryan. I know I'm not the only one who has a cool story about how they wouldn't be where they are today if not for these guys. They have helped so many simply for the love of the sport and the fact that they are great people.
kkawboy14
2/7/2018 7:29pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

I miss you Erik.

You didn’t really have to say more. I wasn’t sure if it was a riding accident or health. I have tried to help them as much as I can by letting people around me know about their gloves.
2/7/2018 8:59pm
I don't know what those guys are up to these days, but Noviks are the best gloves I've ever used. I used to suffer from terrible blisters but they fit so well that I very rarely get blisters now - I also use an anti-blister stick (looks like deodorant stick for your hands) and the Noviks and that stuff are great. I've also retired a pair of Noviks into mechanics duty and they're still going strong after two seasons of riding and two further years of mechanicing on bikes, trucks and yard equipment.

Cheers
Simon
NovikGloves
2/8/2018 1:17pm
Hey everyone!
This is Bryan Oliphant from Novik. First of all; thank you all so much for the support and enthusiasm for the brand! Pumps us up to read this...thanks again. And Tristan; that was a good weekend buddy! Proud of you every lap my man-lets do it again but with more air horns this year! Ha
To settle the rumors, yes the comments about the passing of Erik Nester are correct. He had suddenly passed away as a result of complications of Cystic Fibrosis approximately 2+ years ago. Not to write a novel here, but at the time of his death, we were crankin...lots of things in the works, great support and great team of riders all over the world, and then the carpet kind of got pulled out from under us. At that time I did what every business partner in my situation would do; rolled up his sleeves and found another gear. I ignored the emotions surrounding Erik's death and kept trying to keep up with the pace. Around that time, I had some personal things go on In my life in about a 3 year period; (including death of my mother, all 4 grandparents, and finally a close friend Dylan Slusser) which took the wind out of my sails emotionally n mentally. I HAD to take care of myself and my family as I was having issues dealing with stresses involved w the situation. I took a bit of time to sort out the situation and now all is good.
To make a long story longer but get positive...we're gettin the brand back together! We have some really cool things in the works and so stoked to re-launch and get things rollin forward. Again; Personally and on behalf of all of us at Novik Gloves; HUGE Thank You to all the riders, industry, and supporters that have stuck w us over the years. Means more than you know.
rob162
2/8/2018 1:31pm
Thats a lot to have happen over a decade let alone a couple years. Best of luck to getting things back in full swing! Ill have to put in a another order soon.
Let the comeback commence!
redrider_714
Fantasy
2285th
2/8/2018 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2018 2:10pm
Hey everyone! This is Bryan Oliphant from Novik. First of all; thank you all so much for the support and enthusiasm for the brand! Pumps us...
Hey everyone!
This is Bryan Oliphant from Novik. First of all; thank you all so much for the support and enthusiasm for the brand! Pumps us up to read this...thanks again. And Tristan; that was a good weekend buddy! Proud of you every lap my man-lets do it again but with more air horns this year! Ha
To settle the rumors, yes the comments about the passing of Erik Nester are correct. He had suddenly passed away as a result of complications of Cystic Fibrosis approximately 2+ years ago. Not to write a novel here, but at the time of his death, we were crankin...lots of things in the works, great support and great team of riders all over the world, and then the carpet kind of got pulled out from under us. At that time I did what every business partner in my situation would do; rolled up his sleeves and found another gear. I ignored the emotions surrounding Erik's death and kept trying to keep up with the pace. Around that time, I had some personal things go on In my life in about a 3 year period; (including death of my mother, all 4 grandparents, and finally a close friend Dylan Slusser) which took the wind out of my sails emotionally n mentally. I HAD to take care of myself and my family as I was having issues dealing with stresses involved w the situation. I took a bit of time to sort out the situation and now all is good.
To make a long story longer but get positive...we're gettin the brand back together! We have some really cool things in the works and so stoked to re-launch and get things rollin forward. Again; Personally and on behalf of all of us at Novik Gloves; HUGE Thank You to all the riders, industry, and supporters that have stuck w us over the years. Means more than you know.
Damn Bryan, that’s a lot for one person to go through. My condolences for all your loses. I am looking forward to the seeing the new stuff. Until the I’ll keep rocking my original tye dye T.E.C. gloves!

Adam
smv ryder
Fantasy
1313th
2/8/2018 6:00pm
An update... my order arrived today
Super stoked Novik is coming out swinging in ‘18. Sorry for the all the struggles my bother but it looks like sky’s the limit
Frodaddy
2/9/2018 8:54am
Hey everyone! This is Bryan Oliphant from Novik. First of all; thank you all so much for the support and enthusiasm for the brand! Pumps us...
Hey everyone!
Yea Bryan!
so happpy to hear this!

Thank you for all the continued support! Cant wait for the future with you guys

lets do this

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
2/9/2018 10:51pm
Hey everyone!
That is rough, I'm glad you've pulled through. Any hints at what's in the works? I look forward to seeing what yall bring out.
FWYT
2/10/2018 12:16am
I'm ordering a pair after reading this because it's clear these guys dig moto and that gets my vote.
tcallahan707
2/10/2018 4:56am
Hey everyone!
Ahhh shiiiiietttt, you've joined the rabbit hole that is Vital. That's a slippery slope bud!

I've been almost completely away from the moto scene for almost a year now (wind was out of my sails as well) so I've been out of the loop. You made the right decision to take care of yourself and your family first. Much love and respect brotha. Super stoked to hear that you are turning the ship in the right direction, with Novik and especially with yourself. That makes me really happy. You are definitely one of the guys I miss seeing around at the track! Plus, let's be honest, I'd just stop wearing gloves if Novik was no more (although my stash would last me awhile. I've still got some pairs from like 2013 that haven't wore out yet!).

I won't even be back in the country until right before the national so no need to worry about wasting any air horns on my slow ass. I may do the 125 race but that doesn't exclude me from joining in the shenanigans and cheering on the rest of the CO boys when the real show starts!
Tuna
2/10/2018 5:52am
berno929 wrote:
Yes, Erik passed away a couple years ago. They still sell gloves but not much going on in terms of brand building/design since. Fantastic guys, amazing...
Yes, Erik passed away a couple years ago. They still sell gloves but not much going on in terms of brand building/design since. Fantastic guys, amazing product. Unfortunately, it's a tough market considering the impossibility of getting their gloves on the hands of a factory guy with a gear deal.
Wow I never knew that. I was buying a lot of stuff from Erik. We were talking about me distributing in Canada. I bought a dozen pairs last year and was wondering where Erik was. Crappy news.
Tuna
2/10/2018 5:57am
Hey everyone!
Thanks for the update Brian. Glad you guys are keeping it together and building it up again. I will reach out to you guys and get some product in to distribute to the local riders where I live.
FWYT
4/29/2018 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 6:58pm
OK, these gloves rule. After reading this thread I wanted to try a pair. Actually, I picked up two pair as they are very reasonably priced.

I've always had sissy hands that blister easily so I'm real particular about my gloves and grips. Today I went racing for the first time in several months and was expecting to just have shredded hands like I usually do after some time off but NOOOOOOOOOOO . . . my hands felt great. I'm totally sold. New favorite glove. Stamp it!!!!

Also should mention that their customer service was top notch. I had goofed on my CC number and
they called to help get it sorted out straight away. Good people!!!

Meister
4/29/2018 7:07pm
I also switched gloves to novik this year. Honestly I mainly chose them because of a color way they offered (teal) to go with my #loveforleighton support theme (look up the hashtag, Leighton is my God daughter.)

Little did I know, I'd absolutely love the gloves. I plan to buy a couple more pair.

Good to know I'll be supporting good people.
agn5009
4/29/2018 7:28pm
Glad I opened this thread. This is the kind of company I would love to support. I'm definitely gonna be ordering a few pairs for myself and my dad.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
4/29/2018 7:28pm
Badass group of guys and a badass product who are as genuine as they come.

I was about to reply that I saw something on social media the other day about a big return, but looks like the man himself Bryan O has already dropped in here to fill everyone in.
agn5009
4/29/2018 7:36pm
Meister wrote:
I also switched gloves to novik this year. Honestly I mainly chose them because of a color way they offered (teal) to go with my #loveforleighton...
I also switched gloves to novik this year. Honestly I mainly chose them because of a color way they offered (teal) to go with my #loveforleighton support theme (look up the hashtag, Leighton is my God daughter.)

Little did I know, I'd absolutely love the gloves. I plan to buy a couple more pair.

Good to know I'll be supporting good people.
Oh man, she's adorable. The picture with her glasses down over her nose in her car seat made me smile.
Meister
4/29/2018 7:41pm
My bike for her along with my daughter.
4/30/2018 6:59am
I am going to order some now to Support Good People Smile
4/30/2018 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2018 1:41pm
Hey everyone!
You cannot find better people!! I'll be getting in touch with you Bryan. Your logo has never left our graphics!! All about respect and appreciation of our past. I look forward to talking with you in the very near future!!
Click588
6/16/2020 8:49am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2020 8:50am
Hey guys just came across this old post and was reading all the positive feedback. So awesome to see this. We are back up and running and have new gloves in stock. Plan to add more stuff really soon and keep it coming. Want to thank you all for the support and hope to see you around soon.

www.novikgloves.com

Post a reply to: Novik Gloves

The Latest