Nothing to say about the east lites kids?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2009 7:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 10:34 PM

Went back and watched houston last night and this series is gonna be good.
Metty, Pourcel, Izzy & Stroupe about what I expected.
Lemoine and Durhamn more speed than I expected.

|

2/19/2009 7:37 AM

Pourcel is going to sweep the East ...snooze fest. smile

|

2/19/2009 7:38 AM

Yeah, they all looked slow compared to the West Coast rounds.

|

2/19/2009 8:27 AM

The east series has no J-Law....

|

2/19/2009 8:32 AM

FastEddy wrote:

Pourcel is going to sweep the East ...snooze fest. smile

Not so fast Eddie, he has to finish all 8 rounds first, just saying.

|

2/19/2009 8:34 AM

Stroupe will win Atlanta...you're welcome.

|



Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

2/19/2009 8:54 AM

Stroupe probably should have been on the podium in Houston. (You pick which spot.)

One of the three riders on the podium in Houston was still panting like a dog a full five minutes after the race was over, while the other two looked like they were ready to head back out onto the track for more. (You guess which one.)

I think Pourcel tried to come in under the radar for this season, but the cat's out of the bag on his speed.

Martin Davalos is looking for more out of his results.

Brett Metcalfe was solid, and should be in the hunt for the title till the end.

|

2/19/2009 9:10 AM

I would really like to see Marteeen get up on the box a lot this season, such a nice kid.

I think the whole C.Pourcel story is phenomenal! mad respect for coming back so strong from such a devastating injury.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

2/19/2009 9:11 AM

I would guess it was Pourcel that was panting hard. Not near as much time as most others to ride/train. I would guess it was pure adrenalin that carried him those last 5 lapssmile

What do i win Gibby?

|

dont screw with me, i am old and feeling grumpy..

2/19/2009 10:10 AM

FastEddy wrote:

Pourcel is going to sweep the East ...snooze fest. smile

Joetheplummer wrote:

Not so fast Eddie, he has to finish all 8 rounds first, just saying.

Yeah, he has been injury prone in the past....
But if he keeps his body together and stays off the ground,I think he has the speed to win them all.

|

2/19/2009 10:14 AM

I read thet Josh Lichtle is going to race Atlanta ....should be interesting to see how he does

|

2/19/2009 10:15 AM

stroupe and pourcel battle for the championship all the way.

metcalfe is the East's morais. sure he'll be there every week, but just lacks the raw speed.

j-law will be in the east. playing the wild card in the 450 class.

what i'm so surprised about is how everyone is letting stewart pass his way into the lead in the first corner with such ease. fuckin learn how to block a guy! i did it all the time if i had a good start and a faster rider was right behind me. it's almost like these guys are paid to move over for him in the first corner.

|

suck it

2/19/2009 10:19 AM

What is Nicco Izzi, alex.

|

2/19/2009 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2009 10:22 AM

-eagle- wrote:

What is Nicco Izzi, alex.

I think he was just pumped about the meatball sub he had waiting back at the rig...he did super good for a fat kid.

|



Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

2/19/2009 10:24 AM

peelout719 wrote:

stroupe and pourcel battle for the championship all the way.

metcalfe is the East's morais. sure he'll be there every week, but just lacks the raw speed.

j-law will be in the east. playing the wild card in the 450 class.

what i'm so surprised about is how everyone is letting stewart pass his way into the lead in the first corner with such ease. fuckin learn how to block a guy! i did it all the time if i had a good start and a faster rider was right behind me. it's almost like these guys are paid to move over for him in the first corner.

Toys would really start flying out of Stewart's San Manuel pram if that was to happen.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

2/19/2009 10:28 AM

peelout719 wrote:

stroupe and pourcel battle for the championship all the way.

metcalfe is the East's morais. sure he'll be there every week, but just lacks the raw speed.

j-law will be in the east. playing the wild card in the 450 class.

what i'm so surprised about is how everyone is letting stewart pass his way into the lead in the first corner with such ease. fuckin learn how to block a guy! i did it all the time if i had a good start and a faster rider was right behind me. it's almost like these guys are paid to move over for him in the first corner.

Im with you there! I guess they have it in their head ah well its Stewart hes gonna pass me anyways Ill just let him by. It sucks. I wish they would try their ass of to block him just to make the race that much better. There had been plenty of time I got a great start and there were plenty of faster guys behind me and I rode as wide as Rosie O'Donnels ass to block and keep them behind me as long as I could. Granted Im not there in SX but still, put a little effort to keep him behind.

|

2/19/2009 10:38 AM

peelout719 wrote:

stroupe and pourcel battle for the championship all the way.

metcalfe is the East's morais. sure he'll be there every week, but just lacks the raw speed.

j-law will be in the east. playing the wild card in the 450 class.

what i'm so surprised about is how everyone is letting stewart pass his way into the lead in the first corner with such ease. fuckin learn how to block a guy! i did it all the time if i had a good start and a faster rider was right behind me. it's almost like these guys are paid to move over for him in the first corner.

Foster576 wrote:

Im with you there! I guess they have it in their head ah well its Stewart hes gonna pass me anyways Ill just let him by. It sucks. I wish they would try their ass of to block him just to make the race that much better. There had been plenty of time I got a great start and there were plenty of faster guys behind me and I rode as wide as Rosie O'Donnels ass to block and keep them behind me as long as I could. Granted Im not there in SX but still, put a little effort to keep him behind.

Pretty much with you guys there, i notice the same things and wonder what the other team owners think about that!

It would be interesting if Jlaw really was a wild card or at least would take JS to the bales in the first turn..feathers would fly baby!

|

dont screw with me, i am old and feeling grumpy..

2/19/2009 10:53 AM

its almost as if a lot of these guys are riding for their checks. not saying they aren't trying... but for shitsakes! try and keep a guy behind you! cut under and try to hit their front wheel! brake check the sucker! ride wide and use ever inch of the track. when MA took villopoto high at phoenix and RV fell, that was the best move of the year... not dirty, not clean, motocross baby!

i agree stewart will get there anyway as he is amazing on the bike, but watching the racing makes me wonder what in the hell is going on sometimes. try and keep the fastest guy behind you for a minute, you might learn a thing or two. God knows your not gonna learn anything moving over and letting him ditch you in 2 corners... so BLOCK

|

suck it

2/19/2009 11:03 AM

raddad wrote:

I would guess it was Pourcel that was panting hard. Not near as much time as most others to ride/train. I would guess it was pure adrenalin that carried him those last 5 lapssmile

What do i win Gibby?

You win a, "Bzzzzt...next!"

|

2/19/2009 11:44 AM

i say stroupe coming out on top for ATL, and i agree that it will be them 2 to the end.

|

2/19/2009 12:00 PM

East side we've only seen one round so far. Another 2-3 races should sort out who are the haves and have nots.

|

2/19/2009 12:06 PM

Foster576 wrote:

The east series has no J-Law....

The West series has no J-Law either!
What's your pointlaughing

|

2/19/2009 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2009 12:12 PM

Don't count out Matt Lemoine either. Had very fast times in Houston, Just some bad luck.

|

Team Sakai Racing helping the young Guns achieve their goals !!



Special Thanks to Motosport.com, Race Tech Suspension, Answer, FMF,Engine Ice, 139 Designs, Nihlo, Novik Gloves,DT1 Air Filters, Mika Metals, Motoseat, Mototassinari, Braap Supply

2/19/2009 12:22 PM

raddad wrote:

I would guess it was Pourcel that was panting hard. Not near as much time as most others to ride/train. I would guess it was pure adrenalin that carried him those last 5 lapssmile

What do i win Gibby?

GuyB wrote:

You win a, "Bzzzzt...next!"

It was Izzi that looked like he had just exercised for the first time on the podium in 6 months. He looked 20 pounds heavier than last year.

|

2/19/2009 12:38 PM

Was wharton on the podium? After the race the camera showed him and he was about to pass out, and it showed on the track I thought too.

|

2/19/2009 2:40 PM

FastEddy wrote:

Pourcel is going to sweep the East ...snooze fest. smile

Joetheplummer wrote:

Not so fast Eddie, he has to finish all 8 rounds first, just saying.

FastEddy wrote:

Yeah, he has been injury prone in the past....
But if he keeps his body together and stays off the ground,I think he has the speed to win them all.

I think stroupe has his speed. No way pourcel wins them all. Metcalfe is a great rider but doesn't have the speed to contend for the title ( unless the other two get hurt). Looking foward to see how durham,wharton and clarke will do.Hopefully davalos will do well and izzi will pick it up so the rookies don't beat him.

|

2/19/2009 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2009 4:14 PM

davalos i dont think will do much, hes a good rider but he needs to get off ktm and onto a jap bike..he needs linkage to win

|

2/19/2009 4:16 PM

team suzy and kid izzi all the way....

|

2/19/2009 4:19 PM

Metcalf looked great in the qualifier. Getting old. Make it or break it career decision for him this season.

|

2/19/2009 4:29 PM

If I was betting all, Pourcel. Would like to see Izzi, Metty, Davalos but I don't see it.
Hell, I'd be happy with some good racing. Maybe RC will bring out the two smoke again here in ATL for the opening b.s.

|