Nothing like getting taken out by the track crew!!!

Myrz
Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 4:05am
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/11/2018 12:45pm
Yeah, that wasn't helpful.
berno929
Fantasy
2511th
2/11/2018 1:16pm
I hope it wasn't the same guy who put a tough block near Bowers' line last week! New variable in 2018: track crew.
Johnny Depp
2/11/2018 1:54pm
So they're out to get the Kawasaki guys huh? Let's go with it. Maybe some Yamaha payola in there somewhere? Woohoo

The track guy has to be embarrassed, like he'd never been around a throttle and a clutch before. Then again, maybe Pro Circuit was running the Rekluse auto? Go with me on this since I'm with you on the other conspiracy.

The Shop

BobbyM
2/11/2018 2:01pm
berno929 wrote:
I hope it wasn't the same guy who put a tough block near Bowers' line last week! New variable in 2018: track crew.
They are out to get him, Trump being a cocksucker and all
gerg
2/11/2018 2:17pm
berno929 wrote:
And all this time I thought it was "tuft" block.

Thank you sir!
Johnny Depp
2/11/2018 2:19pm
berno929 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
They are out to get him, Trump being a cocksucker and all
2/11/2018 2:37pm
It's unfortunate that it happened but you can tell the worker was just trying to help get the bike off him as quick as he can, hindsight is always 20/20.
JustMX
2/11/2018 4:21pm
Man, why would anybody try to do anything in this sport with all the couch critics?

These guys are out there running over rough ground with 230 lb projectiles flying all around them, and the noise on the floor is deafening, even with a helmet on.

Go ahead and stretch to find something to bitch about.

Savatgy got a wee bit of knobby rash.

If he had posted a dime size pipe burn all of you yoyos would be bitching about how long it took to get the bike off of him.

Hey, bike picking up track guy, thanks for doing what you do......
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/11/2018 5:38pm
JustMX wrote:
Man, why would anybody try to do anything in this sport with all the couch critics? These guys are out there running over rough ground with...
Man, why would anybody try to do anything in this sport with all the couch critics?

These guys are out there running over rough ground with 230 lb projectiles flying all around them, and the noise on the floor is deafening, even with a helmet on.

If he had posted a dime size pipe burn all of you yoyos would be bitching about how long it took to get the bike off of him.

You have some good points, except the “wee bit of knobby rash” part !
mx332
2/11/2018 7:37pm
Maybe all track crew should be instructed to hit the kill switch before picking up any bikes? Nah that makes too much sense.
JustMX
2/11/2018 9:02pm
mx332 wrote:
Maybe all track crew should be instructed to hit the kill switch before picking up any bikes? Nah that makes too much sense.
Yeah, just wait until one of those riders is unable to restart, then it will be " can you believe that Idiot track guy didn't pull in the clutch and put it in neutral. He cost savatgy the title because he couldn't restart "

There were running bikes all around him. He didn't realize it was running in gear.

You all are assuming that he twisted the throttle.

Savatgy fell on the throttle side pretty hard. Anybody that has been around racing has seen a throttle tube get knocked up against the handle bar end and not return to idle.

I suspect that is more the case here.

slumpstone
2/12/2018 5:44am
JustMX wrote:
Yeah, just wait until one of those riders is unable to restart, then it will be " can you believe that Idiot track guy didn't pull...
Yeah, just wait until one of those riders is unable to restart, then it will be " can you believe that Idiot track guy didn't pull in the clutch and put it in neutral. He cost savatgy the title because he couldn't restart "

There were running bikes all around him. He didn't realize it was running in gear.

Savatgy fell on the throttle side pretty hard. Anybody that has been around racing has seen a throttle tube get knocked up against the handle bar end and not return to idle.

He definitely held the throttle wide open and destroyed his hand. They are instructed to turn the engine off first I believe but then again they are “volunteers” which at this level is beyond me.
Fourth_Floor
2/12/2018 8:02am
mx332 wrote:
JustMX wrote:
Yeah, just wait until one of those riders is unable to restart, then it will be " can you believe that Idiot track guy didn't pull...

I mean that's a safety issue. Who cares if the rider has a hard time starting his bike because he biffed it and the track worker killed the engine before moving the bike? I agree 100% that the track workers need to be instructed to kill the motor before attempting to move the bikes and the replay of this should be shown at future track crew meetings.
kb228
2/12/2018 9:20am
JustMX wrote:
Man, why would anybody try to do anything in this sport with all the couch critics? These guys are out there running over rough ground with...

langhammx wrote:
Yea dude knobs hurt. You ever change a tire on the floor? Lmao let alone the motor turning the tire
EddieC
2/12/2018 11:58am
JustMX wrote:

"wee bit of knobby rash" that's not what was put into the medical record. If it wasn't for the wrist brace, another rider would have been out for the season.

If you don't know how to ride or a least have experience operating a motorcycle you have you business being a "safety" person.

Rider error, mechanical error, weather related issues those are part of racing. Track crew error should not be.

slumpstone
2/12/2018 1:01pm
Thanks Eddie for saying what I wanted to. Some of these guys on here don’t have a clue.
JustMX
2/12/2018 4:20pm
Since dvr and hd have become the norm it seems like every single incident gets analyzed to exhaustion.

Is it important to try to make changes to improve safety? Absolutely.....

It is possible to get just a little carried away.

Let's require all riders involved in multi rider crashes to kill their engines just like you are asking the track worker to do so they don't do the same thing. Would it be ok if it was a rider? Let's make all the riders attend the same safety meeting that you are asking them to add for the track crew.

After this incident and roczen's perhaps it is time to consider going to a non-knobby tire?

How about enclosures around the tires to keep knobs from hitting something they shouldnt?

Maybe tether style kill switches like atv racers are required to use so the bikes are cut off when the rider crashes?

Sure, those 4 suggestions are a bit overboard. But so is calling a guy out there on the track an idiot for something he did in the heat of racing. He hauled ass over there to get the bike up. I wouldn't be surprised if from his viewpoint he thought joey was pinned under the bike.

I am glad that savatgy was able to race, (and get a 4th by the way).

Keith72
2/12/2018 5:20pm
I would've been tempted to take a couple laps.
Yup. May never get another chance to ride a factory bike.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/12/2018 8:30pm
JustMX wrote:

langhammx wrote:
kb228 wrote:
Yea dude knobs hurt. You ever change a tire on the floor? Lmao let alone the motor turning the tire
I think we are on the same page. My point was that it WASN'T just a little "knobby rash". It wasn't pretty.... I'm just glad he was able to suck it up and race. Also surprised at how well he rode/finished with the injury.
Lucifa.
2/12/2018 8:51pm
JustMX wrote:

EddieC wrote:
"wee bit of knobby rash" that's not what was put into the medical record. If it wasn't for the wrist brace, another rider would have been...
"wee bit of knobby rash" that's not what was put into the medical record. If it wasn't for the wrist brace, another rider would have been out for the season.

If you don't know how to ride or a least have experience operating a motorcycle you have you business being a "safety" person.

Rider error, mechanical error, weather related issues those are part of racing. Track crew error should not be.

Well I guess the teams knowing that the track staff have been making mistakes this season are still happy to send their riders out there? Or will there be a protest next week?
slumpstone
2/13/2018 4:05am
JustMX wrote:
Since dvr and hd have become the norm it seems like every single incident gets analyzed to exhaustion. Is it important to try to make changes...
Since dvr and hd have become the norm it seems like every single incident gets analyzed to exhaustion.

Is it important to try to make changes to improve safety? Absolutely.....

It is possible to get just a little carried away.

Let's require all riders involved in multi rider crashes to kill their engines just like you are asking the track worker to do so they don't do the same thing. Would it be ok if it was a rider? Let's make all the riders attend the same safety meeting that you are asking them to add for the track crew.

After this incident and roczen's perhaps it is time to consider going to a non-knobby tire?

How about enclosures around the tires to keep knobs from hitting something they shouldnt?

Maybe tether style kill switches like atv racers are required to use so the bikes are cut off when the rider crashes?

Sure, those 4 suggestions are a bit overboard. But so is calling a guy out there on the track an idiot for something he did in the heat of racing. He hauled ass over there to get the bike up. I wouldn't be surprised if from his viewpoint he thought joey was pinned under the bike.

I am glad that savatgy was able to race, (and get a 4th by the way).

You’re an idiot. So what happens if that bike gets traction and whiskeys into the stands off that bowl turn and takes out some spectators? Obviously you don’t even ride.

Post a reply to: Nothing like getting taken out by the track crew!!!

The Latest