Not very interesting

First off I have a serious question, I have been racing motocross for 19 years. I like to think I'm not a goon but that's irrelevant. Anyways, I had a friend tell me he bleaches all of his gear to get it clean... I must admit that I haven't washed my own gear very many times.. I have a great mother. I mentioned this to her and she told me that's why I don't wash the gear. I tried to google it but didn't get trustworthy results to bleach my gear.. Can I get some input on the validity of the theory this guy speaks of. *hes a legit C rider, just saying. But they're usually the one with some brains.

Alright the real reason I am here isn't as important and "there's like 500 previous post about this in older threads" probably..yeah i get it (I read vital). Well I didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I'm making my own. You can shred me, I'm kind of illiterate anyways. But my proposal is this. I think i would like if the supercross series would add the opportunity to earn points in the heats. I know motocross in and out. It's all I've ever done. It would be a tough switch for a lot of people because this sport is filled with old school mentality, i am in the middle, didnt think id like the timed mains but i dont mind it, but I believe it would help the sport. Everyone is always so hype for A1, A2, and a few more. It has a diminishing marginal return.. what I mean is that, in my case, I get pretty bored with the supercross season halfway through. I still look at the results but I dont stay up late to watch it. Im in college so im usually not around a tv that is playing supercross on saturday nights. I don't really have a favorite rider but there's certain guys I would rather see win. Right now it's a points battle between 2 guys. No one really cares about the rest of the field, atleast my friends and i dont. Its boring seeing the same guy winning or not winning. The heats are fun to watch but for an outsider they dont really mean anything, they dont even know what the gate is, more or less what a gate pick is. If the riders in each 450 heat were awarded points if they finished top 4 the total points in the future might be more distributed.. It would make those races that much more interesting. Think if Tomac fell over in a turn and his clutch broke off when he was in 8th..hed probably pull off, but if he new it meant points hed jump back on.. Yeah i get it thats a dangerous example but ive ridden with a broken lever and if i can do it tomac can. I could be wrong, could be a disaster.. Im realistic, i dont think this would save the support, nor does the sport need saved, I just think it would be interesting. I did a chart of results and gave pts to the top 5 riders in the 450 class overall right now and if you award them with 4pts for 1st, 3pts for 2nd, 2pts for 3rd and 1pt for 4th in the heat races, Tomac would have a 1 point lead on Dungey.. Musquin would be 45 pts behind Dungey and so on..the results are below. Hopefully it makes sense. If you even read this far i appreciate it and i would like your feedback.

Pts standing w/o heat pts
Dungey . 276 (+4)
Tomac 272(-4)
Musquin 227(-45)
Seely . 211 (-16)
Anderson 188 (-23)
Pts standing w heat pts
Tomac 301 (+1)
Dungey . 300 (-1)
Musquin . 255 (-46)
Seely 224 (-31)
Anderson . 214 (-10)

Even if you disagree you have to be fascinated by the correlation between heat race finishes and overall finishes to the overall points standing for the top 5.
This is my first ever post but I felt after many years of standing by and reading post after post i have finally reached the age to post to vital. With age comes the time to waste a ton of time on this.
|
9grains
4/4/2017 5:35pm
For someone who claims to be "kind of " illiterate, you sure do use appropriate economic and statistical terminology quite casually, which I always welcome on a Motorsports forum.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
4/4/2017 5:37pm
Can we get the readers digest version? Too long..
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/4/2017 6:00pm
Brad460 wrote:
Can we get the readers digest version? Too long..
It's barely two paragraphs long. Real ideas and explanations need some depth and clarification...I applaud someone like him for breaking down their ideas on here.

The Shop

4/4/2017 6:04pm
I dig the idea of heat race points, but I have to say the racing has gotten a lot better heat race wise when they brought back semi's and only take 4

Post a reply to: Not very interesting

The Latest