Not sure what to do !

Tryhard
3/19/2018 9:44pm
So basically , I pulled the trigger on a new 2018 crf250r on Saturday the 17th at Honda House of Richmond . Trying a new dealership and new brand as my old dealer burned me 1 to many times . I did not plan on buying that day but did anyways and told them I would be back to pick it up the 19th which was yesterday , Monday . They said that was absolutely fine , the bike had already been set up and was on the showroom floor . So I arrived yesterday morning to pick it and a ATV that I bought up while the atv was ready to go . I was told there was a problem by the frantic sales manager . They had taken the battery from the bike and given it to another costumer because his took a crap . Well yes that is a problem . Anyways they said they would order a new battery , later to find out none are available all back ordered .. So they proceed to not call me later in the day for a update , so I call them and ask whats up . They claim they had to order a new bike in the crate for a new battery , and it will be atleast a week . Mind you I have already paid for this bike .

What would you do in my situation , do I have ground to be upset or am I just salty with dealers because of the past?.. I feel like saying screw these guys and just going back to the ringer with my old dealer and deal with their " you need us " attitude because one thing for sure I was always served when I said I would be . Just had to pay a premium for it !
|
mxb2
3/19/2018 9:46pm
Tryhard wrote:
So basically , I pulled the trigger on a new 2018 crf250r on Saturday the 17th at Honda House of Richmond . Trying a new dealership...
So basically , I pulled the trigger on a new 2018 crf250r on Saturday the 17th at Honda House of Richmond . Trying a new dealership and new brand as my old dealer burned me 1 to many times . I did not plan on buying that day but did anyways and told them I would be back to pick it up the 19th which was yesterday , Monday . They said that was absolutely fine , the bike had already been set up and was on the showroom floor . So I arrived yesterday morning to pick it and a ATV that I bought up while the atv was ready to go . I was told there was a problem by the frantic sales manager . They had taken the battery from the bike and given it to another costumer because his took a crap . Well yes that is a problem . Anyways they said they would order a new battery , later to find out none are available all back ordered .. So they proceed to not call me later in the day for a update , so I call them and ask whats up . They claim they had to order a new bike in the crate for a new battery , and it will be atleast a week . Mind you I have already paid for this bike .

What would you do in my situation , do I have ground to be upset or am I just salty with dealers because of the past?.. I feel like saying screw these guys and just going back to the ringer with my old dealer and deal with their " you need us " attitude because one thing for sure I was always served when I said I would be . Just had to pay a premium for it !
Tell them get you another bike and deliver it to your house.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/19/2018 9:51pm
I’d give them a chance to make it right.... bummer that happened to you though
Tryhard
3/19/2018 9:53pm
Tryhard wrote:
So basically , I pulled the trigger on a new 2018 crf250r on Saturday the 17th at Honda House of Richmond . Trying a new dealership...

mxb2 wrote:
Tell them get you another bike and deliver it to your house.
I told them that the delivery wouldent work for me , because of my work schedule I never know when I will be home . So I negotiated a service manual out of it , which is 100 bucks . They claimed they ordered that not sure why they wouldent have one but okay . Anyways the more I think about it , the more pissed off I am . And I had every intention in my mind of asking for the new bike they ordered . But I didn't and im not sure why .
Tryhard
3/19/2018 9:55pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’d give them a chance to make it right.... bummer that happened to you though
yes I suppose that's what i'll do , I know there is mixed opinions on the bike mostly people who haven't even ridden one hating on the "marketing gimic dual pipes" but I was psyched to switch from Yamaha to Honda , as I haven't owned a Honda since 2003 . And loved the cr125 I had , I guess I over analyze stuff.. Worst part about it . Buddies were expecting me at the track this sunday for some funday action ... It stings becvause I haven't even ridden since I blew up my yz250f , time will tell I suppose.

The Shop

Rdubs19
3/19/2018 9:56pm
I'd be pissed at Honda more than the dealership, assuming they are telling you the truth. Only you can judge whether or not the manager is being deliberately sleazy or honestly trying to fix a bad situation. This has never happened to me with a motorcycle but it did with a mountain bike and I was pretty pissed. Took like 3 or 4 weeks longer than they said to arrive and there were never any updates from the shop. I was pissed as it was prime riding season and I had paid through the nose for the bike. There wasn't much I could do, you either get your money back and find another one to buy or just wait. You could hit them up for some freebies or a discount on the bike, but it's kind of punishing the wrong people, as it sounds like Honda put the dealer in a bind.
Tryhard
3/19/2018 10:00pm
Rdubs19 wrote:
I'd be pissed at Honda more than the dealership, assuming they are telling you the truth. Only you can judge whether or not the manager is...
I'd be pissed at Honda more than the dealership, assuming they are telling you the truth. Only you can judge whether or not the manager is being deliberately sleazy or honestly trying to fix a bad situation. This has never happened to me with a motorcycle but it did with a mountain bike and I was pretty pissed. Took like 3 or 4 weeks longer than they said to arrive and there were never any updates from the shop. I was pissed as it was prime riding season and I had paid through the nose for the bike. There wasn't much I could do, you either get your money back and find another one to buy or just wait. You could hit them up for some freebies or a discount on the bike, but it's kind of punishing the wrong people, as it sounds like Honda put the dealer in a bind.
Yes and the other side of my heart is telling me this is it , I checked online everywhere and confirmed the batteries are on back order . I was just thinking if it had been my racing days and my battery shitted on me , I ran to the dealer on race day to get one I would be so happy if they did for me what they did for the other guy. Maybe they were just trying to get ultimarte costumer satisfaction . Hoping everything turns out well and I can be riding soon . I hope there is some aftermarket alternatives for the battery if this one poops on me . I recall reading that there was 2 other batteries that could be used because it is a very weird size .
HuskyEd
3/19/2018 10:04pm
It is the dealers problem robbing a battery from a sold unit to give to another customer. I’d ask the dealership to sweeten the deal some or no deal. You should have been notified before you spent the time to drive there and pick up your bike. JMO
APLMAN99
3/19/2018 10:15pm
If they took the battery out of the bike that you'd already paid for, then they stole your battery just like any common thief. I'd threaten to call the local cops to report the theft of YOUR battery.

Let them know that charges might possibly not be pressed if you suddenly found a few new hundies in your wallet just hanging around...........

Seriously, if you'd already paid for, signed for, whatever on the bike and they removed a part for another customer, I wouldn't really understand how it couldn't be argued as theft.
Moto88
3/19/2018 10:27pm
When I bought my 18 YZ450 Simi Valley Cycles they had a mix up and the battery wasn't charged, so they gave me a battery charger for free, and I didn't even ask for it. It takes a special charger and I think sells for $125. Pretty classy. I would think your dealer could at least "borrow" another battery from another dealer as dealers trade bikes sometimes. Or at least a bunch of goodies (pipe, pegs, filters, etc) at dealer cost! Show them this post too!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/19/2018 10:41pm
Moto88 wrote:
When I bought my 18 YZ450 Simi Valley Cycles they had a mix up and the battery wasn't charged, so they gave me a battery charger...
When I bought my 18 YZ450 Simi Valley Cycles they had a mix up and the battery wasn't charged, so they gave me a battery charger for free, and I didn't even ask for it. It takes a special charger and I think sells for $125. Pretty classy. I would think your dealer could at least "borrow" another battery from another dealer as dealers trade bikes sometimes. Or at least a bunch of goodies (pipe, pegs, filters, etc) at dealer cost! Show them this post too!
I love Simi and they always take care of you. Like a big family over there. Duane and the guys are awesome.
Moto88
3/19/2018 10:50pm
Moto88 wrote:
When I bought my 18 YZ450 Simi Valley Cycles they had a mix up and the battery wasn't charged, so they gave me a battery charger...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I love Simi and they always take care of you. Like a big family over there. Duane and the guys are awesome.
You and I finally agree on something! Yes, Simi Valley Cyles is an awesome shop!
Tryhard
3/19/2018 11:14pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
If they took the battery out of the bike that you'd already paid for, then they stole your battery just like any common thief. I'd threaten...
If they took the battery out of the bike that you'd already paid for, then they stole your battery just like any common thief. I'd threaten to call the local cops to report the theft of YOUR battery.

Let them know that charges might possibly not be pressed if you suddenly found a few new hundies in your wallet just hanging around...........

Seriously, if you'd already paid for, signed for, whatever on the bike and they removed a part for another customer, I wouldn't really understand how it couldn't be argued as theft.
Well I think they battery had been taken out before I purchased the bike . And the salesman was not aware something to that extent , The sales man is one of the best in the area I know , He even showed me what they pay for the bikes , and all of the shipping and set up fees and explained to me how it worked . I got a good deal on the bike because the guy was honest and upfront about everything which his reputation is known for . I think it is a management issue to be completely honest. I think im going to call tomorrow and clear the air , let the manager know that if the bike is not ready by Friday you can call the deal as good as a blown light bulb . 1 Week is long enough to wait for something like this , if the deal isn't done , back to Yamaha I go I guess .
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/19/2018 11:32pm
Moto88 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Moto88 wrote:
You and I finally agree on something! Yes, Simi Valley Cyles is an awesome shop!
Haha have we disagreed on a lot before? Haha but ya they really are awesome. We’ll be picking up a pw50 for my son in the next week or two from them!
rongi#401
3/19/2018 11:32pm
I wouldn't trip on it. Kind of annoying still
Tryhard
3/19/2018 11:38pm
rongi#401 wrote:
I wouldn't trip on it. Kind of annoying still
No trip , I just wont stand to wait weeks for a bike I could have bought somewhere else do to poor management ... and poor negligence on Hondas part for releasing a bike with power start only and batteries on back order ... I will simply take my business else where if I find that I was not accommodated within a reasonable amount of time ...I am in no way bad mouthing the dealer itself , I am blaming the person/persons who did not notify all sales people that the bike had no battery in it before selling it to me ... im just thinking about it on the standpoint had I know I would have had to wait weeks to get a battery for the bike , I prob wouldent have even bought that specific one .
JustMX
3/20/2018 1:48am
Is this the state that our sport has gotten to?

You can't pick up a brand new, current model bike that has been selling for six months because a common part is back ordered?

Cancel the transaction. If their story is true you are getting a bike that will sit for weeks waiting on some other widget to come in, and if it is not true then you are giving your money to a business that isn't worthy.
Motofinne
3/20/2018 1:54am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 2:02am
I would be furious if what you are writing is true, that you actually already paid for it.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/20/2018 2:00am
Anti Gravity don't have a battery to fit that bike? I'm sure they do.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
3/20/2018 2:13am
I see both sides of the situation. I would be pissed though, bike shouldn't have been sold if the battery was taken out. If they didn't offer something to make it right I would ask for my money back and drive a few hours, several dealers here in NC have them in stock. Ron Ayers and Brewers cycles just off the top of my head....
Tryhard
3/20/2018 2:52am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 2:53am
Motofinne wrote:
I would be furious if what you are writing is true, that you actually already paid for it.
I assure you 100 % this is all the truth . Sadly I wish it was not , I had high hopes for this ordeal. And I guess it really isn't the biggest deal in the world, but to me it is shady and just isn't good business . Yes I should have been notified the bike did not have a battery . Instead I feel like they used me to get rid of a bike they did and could not get a battery for. The bike has been paid for already 100% so I'm out almost 8k with no bike ...
3/20/2018 3:09am
I would be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you thought about calling honda directly and let them know what happened? Seems shady a dealership would rob peter to pay paul then charge peter for a whole bike.
You already missed one day at the track because of it you should be compentated for it.
JRT812
3/20/2018 3:25am
Why can’t they purchase an aftermarket battery?
3/20/2018 4:04am
If the battery was already out when you bought the bike and it’s an honest mistake on their part, I’d give them a chance unless you NEED the bike right now.

There are so many bad dealers nowadays, one who will take parts off a bike to help a customer out means they actually care.

You have the right to be pissed, but you shouldn't try to get out of the deal too fast.
Tryhard
3/20/2018 4:15am
JRT812 wrote:
Why can’t they purchase an aftermarket battery?
Legality issues .. they won't I tried ..
murph783
3/20/2018 4:16am
I work at a dealership, stealing batteries from one model to another is fairly commonplace, but never off a sold new unit to replace a bad one for another customer. I see that as being almost disrespectful to you. I’d say give em a chance to make it right, by whatever your standards are, and if you have issues there again, don’t go back.
Spizzy
3/20/2018 4:22am
I'm sure it sucks, but I think you found a great dealer thats willing to go the extra mile to keep a customer happy. Not many will pull parts off another floored unit to keep a happy customer. Wait a week to take possesion and explain to them ots good to know that if something similar happens to yours, you'll expect them to borrow a part to get you to the next race.
Fourth_Floor
3/20/2018 5:58am
Dealer selling incomplete bikes and manufacturer not having parts, did Honda move to China?.........Get your money back and pick a different color.
Tryhard
3/20/2018 6:01am
Yeah i get that , but who knows if what he is feeding me isnt a line? they could have blown a battery up in the back or got a bad battery on another bike and used the one from that . All in all , i was not notified from the start that there was no battery in the bike . Im going to be calling them in them after they open , to let them know if i cannot take posession by friday with the new battery . I will gladly take my business back to another brand and dealer . I get that most of this stems from honda as a company , but just because they did right to another . does not give them a right to be deceitful to me and imply that everything is great for pick up on the day scheduled only to find out from the jump they knew there was no battery .
Rosebud117
3/20/2018 6:19am
I a similar issue with my 17 CRF450. I was waiting for parts six months after I bought the bike. I spoke with American Honda who acknowledged so many parts were on back order. They offered to make it right, but after waiting months for parts, and with the 18's on the floor, the damage was already done. I sold it and switched brands. I will never have another Honda. Go online like you are going to order parts for your 18 and see how many are on back order. ESSENTIAL parts....it's a joke. Would you tolerate the same issue with a car? I would not but the Honda. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
Forty
3/20/2018 6:26am
Tryhard wrote:

The other customer should have had to order a new battery. They solved his problem and created yours. It seems strange they would canabilize a sold bike. We are missing something.

Post a reply to: Not sure what to do !

The Latest