Not controlling the crowd has ruined the party

JazzyJJ
Edited Date/Time 6/29/2021 2:56pm
Think letting fans right the edge of the action is a good thing? Just takes one smiling idiot to make a huge mess and injure a bunch of people
|
JazzyJJ
6/26/2021 10:34am
Carnage....what did his sign say?
I assume it says something to the effect on “I’m an idiot “ but I don’t speak French

The Shop

ZOBITO
6/26/2021 10:57am
They must be soooo proud of their granddaughter.
Woohoo
Johnny Depp
6/26/2021 11:30am
Pretty sure right now organizers are working on fencing both sides of the road from Brest to Paris, 2102 miles, 30 feet back....

All rider's may be required to wear shoulder, knee and elbow pads and carry their own spare parts, no more chase vehicles. Television coverage may be done by drone, no more motorcycles carrying camera guys.

That should stop "shit happening".
BMc914
6/26/2021 11:42am
Not moto related.
SCC
6/26/2021 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 12:15pm
Fence the track in but provide seating for every ticket sold at the gate. Imagine if nascar or nfl sold tickets and then expected every spectator to stand the entire event lol. Be nice if my young girls didn’t have to use overflowing portapotties like Millville. Not asking for much. Great track. Horrible fan experience. Again track is epic but they don’t deserve a Pro National. Literally nfg for those who pay to attend. MX sports needs to step in an fix that shit hole.
ZOBITO
6/26/2021 12:07pm
Pretty sure right now organizers are working on fencing both sides of the road from Brest to Paris, 2102 miles, 30 feet back.... All rider's may...
Pretty sure right now organizers are working on fencing both sides of the road from Brest to Paris, 2102 miles, 30 feet back....

All rider's may be required to wear shoulder, knee and elbow pads and carry their own spare parts, no more chase vehicles. Television coverage may be done by drone, no more motorcycles carrying camera guys.

That should stop "shit happening".
All riders should be required to ride this.
Laughing

mike117
6/26/2021 4:42pm
They may not be doing moto, but those guys have balls... the most painful crashes I remember were on a bicycle when I was a kid. Shorts+T-shirt+no helmet+hard pavement= OUCH!
Johnny Depp
6/26/2021 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 5:02pm
What does 'allez opi-omi' mean? The sign is a combination of two languages, French and German. "Allez" means "go" in French, according to Google Translate, while "opi" and "omi" are German terms for "grandpa" and "grandma," according to Dict.cc.

She shouldn't have been there, but it was a cardboard sign, he could have driven right through it instead of letting the bars go full lock and starting a domino. He was also trying to squeeze by (to get on TV) and tried to go 5 wide where there wasn't room. That doesn't excuse her at all.

Using this as an example of why local Moto fans should have to bring binoculars to watch races is totally missing the point.

The point being, If you can't reasonably see the event and be close to some action and have some comfort as a spectator, why go? Paying to stand all day behind a fence with rows of people 100's of feet away is not a good time.
TeamGreen
6/26/2021 5:00pm
The 1st rider to hit the the round smacked his head HARD
6/26/2021 5:04pm
SCC wrote:
Fence the track in but provide seating for every ticket sold at the gate. Imagine if nascar or nfl sold tickets and then expected every spectator...
Fence the track in but provide seating for every ticket sold at the gate. Imagine if nascar or nfl sold tickets and then expected every spectator to stand the entire event lol. Be nice if my young girls didn’t have to use overflowing portapotties like Millville. Not asking for much. Great track. Horrible fan experience. Again track is epic but they don’t deserve a Pro National. Literally nfg for those who pay to attend. MX sports needs to step in an fix that shit hole.
Millville is phenomenal. I love when people try and draw parallels between major sports like NFL and a niche sport like mx. Don't like the fan experience don't go. I'm hitting 4 Nationals this summer I'm a fan
Johnny Depp
6/26/2021 5:08pm
SCC wrote:
Fence the track in but provide seating for every ticket sold at the gate. Imagine if nascar or nfl sold tickets and then expected every spectator...
Millville is phenomenal. I love when people try and draw parallels between major sports like NFL and a niche sport like mx. Don't like the fan...
Millville is phenomenal. I love when people try and draw parallels between major sports like NFL and a niche sport like mx. Don't like the fan experience don't go. I'm hitting 4 Nationals this summer I'm a fan
Chris, to be clear, this was never about the Nationals, that is a whole different sized crowd. I'm talking local, tracks struggling to pay for equipment repairs pulling under 200 riders with parents that train with them all the time. We have flaggers, emt's, photographers and announcer's going anywhere they want, but heaven forbid letting a family stand under a tree for shade with a pit board next to the track.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
6/26/2021 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 5:57pm
I’m imagining she called her grandpa and grandma and told them to watch for her on tv with a sign.

Now, unless she’s Jason Bourne, she’s about to be the international version of Bartman.
JazzyJJ
6/26/2021 8:48pm
TeamGreen wrote:
The 1st rider to hit the the round smacked his head HARD
That was the panzerwagon aka Tony Martin. Dude got up and finished the stage
6/26/2021 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 9:05pm
What does 'allez opi-omi' mean? The sign is a combination of two languages, French and German. "Allez" means "go" in French, according to Google Translate, while...
What does 'allez opi-omi' mean? The sign is a combination of two languages, French and German. "Allez" means "go" in French, according to Google Translate, while "opi" and "omi" are German terms for "grandpa" and "grandma," according to Dict.cc.

She shouldn't have been there, but it was a cardboard sign, he could have driven right through it instead of letting the bars go full lock and starting a domino. He was also trying to squeeze by (to get on TV) and tried to go 5 wide where there wasn't room. That doesn't excuse her at all.

Using this as an example of why local Moto fans should have to bring binoculars to watch races is totally missing the point.

The point being, If you can't reasonably see the event and be close to some action and have some comfort as a spectator, why go? Paying to stand all day behind a fence with rows of people 100's of feet away is not a good time.
Given youd of handled it better than a professional cyclist and know the cures of cancer, ebv and Covid, what’re you doing with us peasants on a message board? Why aren’t you out solving the worlds problems?
Johnny Depp
6/26/2021 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 9:47pm
Given youd of handled it better than a professional cyclist and know the cures of cancer, ebv and Covid, what’re you doing with us peasants on...
Given youd of handled it better than a professional cyclist and know the cures of cancer, ebv and Covid, what’re you doing with us peasants on a message board? Why aren’t you out solving the worlds problems?
Looks like you almost paid attention. You forgot Beta. And EnduroGP.
ZOBITO
6/27/2021 2:38am
Cops are looking for the lady (who "cautiously" disappeared): the organizer is filing a claim against her.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/29/2021 6:37am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2021 6:38am
What does 'allez opi-omi' mean? The sign is a combination of two languages, French and German. "Allez" means "go" in French, according to Google Translate, while...

"it was a cardboard sign, he could have driven right through it instead of letting the bars go full lock and starting a domino"

Looks like he hit her arm pretty hard and if it spun her around and caused him to crash then maybe you don't know near as much as you like to think you do. Must be tough on you being a expert on every subject.Cool maybe he should have just driven right off the ground too and all the other riders should have just driven right over the downed riders. LaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Not controlling the crowd has ruined the party

The Latest