Not a great start for Stark…

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/11/2022 8:25pm
Not sure if everyone noticed the price increase on the Stark. They were $12,900 for the 80HP when I ordered mine. The new price, if you order today is $16,100 ($3200 increase)

5/11/2022 10:47pm
moto839 wrote:
Look at the damage to the Earth and the cost to make just 1 Tesla battery then get back to me.

Gas is the future!!!!!!
LungButter wrote:
Please show us some more documentation of this and not just from a meme you've seen on Facebook, I've seen all those too. I'd love to...
Please show us some more documentation of this and not just from a meme you've seen on Facebook, I've seen all those too. I'd love to see some actual facts and data that back up what the memes lead folks to believe.

I'm not educated enough about it to know what is the truth and what isn't, I'm assuming since you threw this out there that you are so I'm looking forward to some education about it.
Check out this video and Volvos report comparing the CO2 emissions of their ev xc40 to their gas xc40. EV is eventually better for co2 emissions, but Volvo found the the EV created 60% more CO2 emissions to build the EV over the ICE vehicle. This is the most comparable analysis I have seen

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/11/2022 11:14pm
i wouldnt buy into anything until product is on the shelves
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
5/11/2022 11:17pm
moto839 wrote:
Look at the damage to the Earth and the cost to make just 1 Tesla battery then get back to me.

Gas is the future!!!!!!
LungButter wrote:
Please show us some more documentation of this and not just from a meme you've seen on Facebook, I've seen all those too. I'd love to...
Please show us some more documentation of this and not just from a meme you've seen on Facebook, I've seen all those too. I'd love to see some actual facts and data that back up what the memes lead folks to believe.

I'm not educated enough about it to know what is the truth and what isn't, I'm assuming since you threw this out there that you are so I'm looking forward to some education about it.
Bnagazina wrote:
Check out this video and Volvos report comparing the CO2 emissions of their ev xc40 to their gas xc40. EV is eventually better for co2 emissions...
Check out this video and Volvos report comparing the CO2 emissions of their ev xc40 to their gas xc40. EV is eventually better for co2 emissions, but Volvo found the the EV created 60% more CO2 emissions to build the EV over the ICE vehicle. This is the most comparable analysis I have seen

The Shop

Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
5/11/2022 11:18pm
Thanks to Brandon, the US is in a full blown war with Russia and Ukraine is just the meat puppet dummies. Stark took money on products...
Thanks to Brandon, the US is in a full blown war with Russia and Ukraine is just the meat puppet dummies. Stark took money on products not deliverable
You’re not very smart are you?
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/11/2022 11:30pm
moto839 wrote:

Gas is the future!!!!!!
LungButter wrote:

Bnagazina wrote:
Check out this video and Volvos report comparing the CO2 emissions of their ev xc40 to their gas xc40. EV is eventually better for co2 emissions...

this isnt surprising, theyve shown this on the prius before. the cost to mine, transport and assemble the battery, then the car parts being built all over the world and assembled produce a ton of emissions in countries that have far less restrictions than western countries means they end up producing a lot more than people realize and have a greater impact on the enviroment than just driving in a city
PJRAUS
5/12/2022 3:55am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2022 4:00am
langhammx wrote:
Not sure if everyone noticed the price increase on the Stark. They were $12,900 for the 80HP when I ordered mine. The new price, if you...
Not sure if everyone noticed the price increase on the Stark. They were $12,900 for the 80HP when I ordered mine. The new price, if you order today is $16,100 ($3200 increase)

Not sure what you have there...I just logged into their website, and the price is the same...I had to click on a button that said Australia, the price $ 16,900 and that is for the 60 hp one,after a $100 deposit , Australian dollars..nothing has changed. It jumps up to $17,900 if you selct 80 hp..Once again that is Australian dollars
Maybe check it again and make sure the price is in American dollars..

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
5/12/2022 4:01am
I second PJRAUS. Here it is still the same price 300 000 CZK (13 000 USD). The delivery date is june 23.
Bruce372
5/12/2022 4:20am
TbonesPop wrote:
Everybody knows supply chains are fucked right now. Just relax and deal with it. It will eventually pass and get back to normal.
I think the biggest issues with supply chains is all the hype, which in turn enables sellers ratchet up prices and consumers to panic buy. I was in UK a few weeks ago looking for gas when all the stations sold out. When I finally found some left, the guy in the shop said there is no shortage and it's nefarious people on Facebook local groups messaging there was a shortage. The amount of fuel in circulation was the same, just more of it in people's tanks and not left over at the pumps.

Just like toilet paper and flour at start of pandemic.
Bruce372
5/12/2022 4:26am
TbonesPop wrote:
Everybody knows supply chains are fucked right now. Just relax and deal with it. It will eventually pass and get back to normal.
But i do agree on shortage of certain items like electronics, we don't manufacture in USA anymore and obviously rely on outsourcing, created by capitalism and the average American being either ill educated for high tech jobs, or too lazy to work in a toxic sweat shop for $5 a week.
mingham97
5/12/2022 4:48am
I’m not shocked at all
May 16 the media is going to put this bike in the spotlight and pre orders will boom.
If they announce the delay after the media launch, they will upset 100,000 people with refundable preorders.
Do it this week when you’ll only upset 50,000 with a media launch next week to crank the momentum again
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/12/2022 5:10am
Anyone who pre ordered one had to expect delays any way I think. Excited to hear ride reports soon.
RealityCheck
5/12/2022 5:40am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2022 5:40am
This is only the beginning of the disappointments I’m afraid. Buckle up.
Indeed. Wait until everyone realizes that Stark's performance claims defy the laws of physics.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/12/2022 5:43am
Indeed. Wait until everyone realizes that Stark's performance claims defy the laws of physics.
Maybe. But we'll find out this weekend.
kage173
5/12/2022 6:13am
KurtJ99 wrote:
Not unique to Stark. Everything in my work and personal supply chain (dirt bikes/bicycles) was getting worse and impacted before the Ukraine war, now it's going...
Not unique to Stark. Everything in my work and personal supply chain (dirt bikes/bicycles) was getting worse and impacted before the Ukraine war, now it's going to be worse.
Im not in moto industry but We have the same issues. For us and most manufacturing it's more about the current lock downs in China, lingering supply chain impacts of COVID and inflation.

stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/12/2022 7:03am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2022 7:03am
langhammx wrote:
Not sure if everyone noticed the price increase on the Stark. They were $12,900 for the 80HP when I ordered mine. The new price, if you...

You can still order one for the same price. I'm not sure why yours shows $16,000 though.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/12/2022 7:16am
stremme12 wrote:
You can still order one for the same price. I'm not sure why yours shows $16,000 though.
Mystery solved… there was a banner on top that said click on StarkVarg USA that I didn’t notice.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
5/12/2022 7:22am
nrosso391 wrote:
How's it looking now e-children? E-bikes will never deliver on the track. It is NOT the future. Would Top Fuel dragsters go EV? HELL NO.
langhammx wrote:
I wish there was a way to block your posts. I gotta be honest, you’re a negative person and that’s something that none of us need...
I wish there was a way to block your posts. I gotta be honest, you’re a negative person and that’s something that none of us need. Get a life.
There’s a few on here…
RealityCheck
5/12/2022 8:51am
davis224 wrote:
Maybe. But we'll find out this weekend.
It's math. The performance numbers they're claiming don't jib with the battery/motor specs and current battery technology. I'm certain it's still going to be a badass bike, just not everything Stark is saying it will be.
KONG
5/12/2022 8:55am
nrosso391 wrote:
OMG! Thank you for proving my point even better. hahaha
Man, you're soooooo right.
I'm no big drag racing fan, but this electric crapster definitely takes any kind of interest and fun out of it.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/12/2022 8:58am
PJRAUS wrote:
Well I'm not concerned, I was expecting this. Stark has been working on this thing for a long time, long before the covid bullshit, long before...
Well I'm not concerned, I was expecting this. Stark has been working on this thing for a long time, long before the covid bullshit, long before the war. What are they supposed to do, just throw ther hands in the air and quit ,or forge ahead?
My personal belief is that because of the insanity reigning supreme in the world and how its continually getting worse...we are all basically fucked anyway. But what do I do, go sit in a corner and cry about it or just forge on with my life regardless, hoping that things come good eventually?
I figure the Stark people share my own personal attitude..does that make me a nut hugger? 🤔🤔
I was seriously considering buying a 22 ktm 125, but my dealer simply has not been able to get any 2 strokes after his initial meagre allotment, plus I've been reading about crank issues with them, so I went out and bought the yz instead. Yesterday I put my name down for a 23 ktm 300sx, lucky I did because my dealer doesnt expect to be able to get more than 1, thats if he can even get 1..hes just being honest.
The first shipment of 23 ktm's have already been built and crated up...lets see how they go this year getting further batches made and shipped.
From what I can gather German industry is heavily dependent on Russian oil and gas, not sure of the situation with Austria or Spain..but if the situation isnt resolved globally..how are the Austrians going to fare building 2024 model bikes?

The haters are gonna take this opportunity to bag away at Stark...go ahead...you were never going to buy one of these bikes anyway, your hater bullshit means nothing to those of us that have our orders in.
If anyone was dumb enough to pay fully in advance for their Stark....well, they must have been living under a rock and I have no sympathy for the ignorant..

So Im looking forward to riding my new 125 very soon now, looking forward to getting the 300 sx, been given no eta on that so far, but someone on here from Australia said his dealer told him November. And Im still absolutely looking forward to getting the Varg and being able to ride 300% more than I do now, because I will be able to ride it at home.
I will continue to remain hopeful, but I have no expectations. I said in my first posts on this bike that world events would be the main thing standing in the way of the bike shipping to customers..but I'm in! It cost me $100 to get on the pre order list...if the bikes get built and shipped ,I will be amongst the first to get one. If I lose my $100 then I won't be crying about it, the haters are already crying about this announcement...I struggle to understand their mentality..if you don't want one of these bikes, why do you even give a fuck? Its not like those of us with orders in are being ripped off..
Titan1 wrote:
The way you take any critique of Stark so personally is comedy…or are you on their payroll as the defender of their virtue on vital or...
The way you take any critique of Stark so personally is comedy…or are you on their payroll as the defender of their virtue on vital or something?
PJRAUS wrote:
You are a fuckwit...end of story..The real comedy is how people who don't ever want one of these bikes are getting so upset about their future...
You are a fuckwit...end of story..The real comedy is how people who don't ever want one of these bikes are getting so upset about their future existence...or non existence...can't work it out 🤔🤔
I wish I was on their payroll...would sure as fuck beat the shit outta shearing sheep for a living..
"You are a fuckwit...end of story"

You are a member with a locked account...email me...end of story

People, don't be jerks on here. It's not hard to have discussion without hurling insults and just being rude human beings. If you've stooped to that, you've lost the ability to debate and need to take a breath. Go outside, get away from the keyboard. It's really not that hard.
5/12/2022 9:41am
The main guy at Stark did an episode of Gypsy tales. On that Podcast he explained that there was a small chance of being late by 1 to 3 months. It is a very good listen if you have not listened to it yet. They are trying to make the best dirtbike that happens to be electric. And He was saying that they would only bring it to market when they had it right. That they were planning for if delays happen and have put a lot of thought and testing into every area of the bike. They ended up building a larger factory after the response they got on pre orders. I think that a 3 month delay at the beginning to address any issue or to not have to compromise and use a part that was available , but not the one they wanted. Is better than to start off on time and have that small part make the bike have issues. Like they say you only get 1 chance to make a first impression. Being a little late , but having the best bike on the market , or being ontime with a Cannondale??? Like many of pointed out there are delays and shortages with everything these days. I have many customers who had their Yamaha,KTM , Ford and other vehicles come in many moths past the delivery date. If the bike is as good as it sounds like it will be. Everybody will forget about this delay. If it rolls into more delays and the bike has issues, well then I could see the panic. Who knows , there is still a chance they end up delivering on time and they just let people know about a delay because there is a possible delay. I hope it all works out and I can not wait to start seeing them out on local tracks.
gt80rider
5/12/2022 10:20am
They are still crushing triumph.... at least stark has shown a bike....
stone881
5/12/2022 12:53pm
wvumounty wrote:
No footprints in the snow. Is it real?
Yeah, it's real, I have spoken to their team and they are very ambitious. But it's hard to plan for unforeseen circumstances like having your main supplier of raw materials, Russia, being removed from the supply chain and having all costs go up XX %.

I don't know if they will make it through the global circus we are experiencing, but I sure wish them the best! This brings the promise of urban moto tracks to reality, unlike the attempt started more than a decade ago by Zero, who was putting out a glorified eMtb.
katooom
5/13/2022 5:35am
It's math. The performance numbers they're claiming don't jib with the battery/motor specs and current battery technology. I'm certain it's still going to be a badass...
It's math. The performance numbers they're claiming don't jib with the battery/motor specs and current battery technology. I'm certain it's still going to be a badass bike, just not everything Stark is saying it will be.
This guy gets it. I'm an EV guy but the numbers just don't pencil out.

40HP is 30kW. Even at 50% duty cycle, that will require a 15kWh battery to run one hour. That is about the size of the battery in the original Chevy Volt.

Level2 charging is on the order of 6-10kW at 240V (say approx 40A at 240V). So you are looking at 1.5 hrs charge time best case. Not to mention very few generators put out that kind of juice.

This is before we even consider active cooling for both battery and motor.

I hope the Stark works and will still seriously consider one. But lets not get carried away just yet.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/13/2022 7:02am
So, does media testing start this weekend or next? We'll finally get some real world answers.

Post a reply to: Not a great start for Stark…

The Latest