Northern California has left the building.....

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
7/25/2017 9:49pm
Nye, Laughridge, Blair brothers, Blevins, Arik Swan, Jeff watts, David Gassin, Halcomb, jimmy Clay, Nick Davis, jake windham.
NeedMoto
7/25/2017 10:01pm
Hooked up with Jerome Heiberger at the Hangtown national this year. He's in better shape in his 50's, then back in the day.

He's an avid mountain bike, and road bike rider. Him and his dad, who's in his 70's have biked from norcal to socal more than a few times.

He's doing well, and talks about the moto battles oftenCool

The Shop

oldblood
7/26/2017 12:46am
Rusty Holland , Scott Myers, George Holland (central \north).
RandyS
7/27/2017 7:24am
ecavaliere wrote:
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to...
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to hear all the old names, I grew racing moto with most if not all the names mentioned here. I will remind you that Mike Pascarella was also from Vacaville, he lived right up the street from me. His son, Joey, is the real deal as a road racer, and I believe they are still living in "V-town".
ocscottie wrote:
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis...
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis. Anyone remember when Mikes dad and George Matson got in a fight out at Huron? Good times! (sorta lol)
TeamGreen wrote:
George Matson, really?

Did u really just drop the "M" word?

Damn.
Old thread revival part 2. He lived around here in the 90s and early 2000s. I didn't really know the whole story but I always thought something wasn't right there. A google search will show that he's been in Tenn. I'm not going to post a link here but it's easy to find, he was even on TV. Was this common knowledge back in the 80s? Why did it go on so long?
mx_563
7/27/2017 8:04am
oldblood wrote:
Sani, Cliff Cook
I had Calculus with Cliff's brother (Chad?) at Cal Poly back in 1994. Weren't they originally from So Cal and moved up to Placerville when Cliff was already in his late teens?

To add to the current list....Michael and Josh Mosiman are from Sebastepol aren't they?

What ever happened to Steve Mertens? He was from the Sonoma area wasn't he? From a cheese making family or something like that?

MarkF
7/27/2017 8:28am
BobbyM wrote:
mckenna, schlag, kenny roberts, dick mann, alex jorgenson,
Erik McKenna was awesome. He, RS and I traveled to the races together in 83. We had some great times!
oldblood
7/27/2017 9:59am
oldblood wrote:
Sani, Cliff Cook
mx_563 wrote:
I had Calculus with Cliff's brother (Chad?) at Cal Poly back in 1994. Weren't they originally from So Cal and moved up to Placerville when Cliff...
I had Calculus with Cliff's brother (Chad?) at Cal Poly back in 1994. Weren't they originally from So Cal and moved up to Placerville when Cliff was already in his late teens?

To add to the current list....Michael and Josh Mosiman are from Sebastepol aren't they?

What ever happened to Steve Mertens? He was from the Sonoma area wasn't he? From a cheese making family or something like that?

That's true
NorCal 50+
7/27/2017 10:54am
I just moved here and it is pretty cool to read a bit about the history of moto around here. I live in Grass Valley, and lo and behold I see Maier Manufacturing is here.
I see bike in trucks all over the place around here. After 30 years on the east coast this is like fantasy land.
Wade221
7/27/2017 11:11am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I just moved here and it is pretty cool to read a bit about the history of moto around here. I live in Grass Valley, and...
I just moved here and it is pretty cool to read a bit about the history of moto around here. I live in Grass Valley, and lo and behold I see Maier Manufacturing is here.
I see bike in trucks all over the place around here. After 30 years on the east coast this is like fantasy land.
Plus, No Toil HQ is over by me in Yuba, and the "Shad Pad" has been around forever, and probably every NorCal rider has ridden there
RandyS
7/27/2017 11:33am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I just moved here and it is pretty cool to read a bit about the history of moto around here. I live in Grass Valley, and...
Never heard of it.
BigDaddyG
7/27/2017 11:58am
Don't forget Stank Dog!! He's flying the flag and is a full blown crowd favorite!
NorCal 50+
7/27/2017 12:33pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Never heard of it.
They are one of the bigger manufacturers of ATV/motorcycle plastic.
https://maier-mfg.com/?SID=bm6b2ejq35r8mmvud3mh6b25o4

I went to Sierra Motorsports- some beautiful KTMs in there, but man, are they expensive.
RandyS
7/27/2017 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2017 12:43pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Never heard of it.
NorCal 50+ wrote:

I went to Sierra Motorsports- some beautiful KTMs in there, but man, are they expensive.
I was joking about Grass Valley, Maier has been here since before I moved here. I came up a few times and met with the in the mid 80s, they were going to make some BMX stuff for me but we couldn't get the price I needed. There's a ton of stuff made up here besides pot. I can give you the rundown on riding and everything else. My wife grew up here and I've lived here 20+ years. Send me a PM or email at randy@cmdbrands.com if you want. And welcome.
NorCal 50+
7/27/2017 12:44pm
I had my first experience with a local shop- Cycle Gear.
I got a sweet pair of Tech 10s for $479. I got some FOX kneeguards for $80, but then realized they charged me $80 for each kneeguard at the register. Then they said I would have to come back in to get a refund, but I talked to a manager and they are working on it. The manager was very professional about it.
NorCal 50+
7/27/2017 12:45pm
RandyS wrote:
Never heard of it.
NorCal 50+ wrote:

RandyS wrote:
I was joking about Grass Valley, Maier has been here since before I moved here. I came up a few times and met with the in...
I was joking about Grass Valley, Maier has been here since before I moved here. I came up a few times and met with the in the mid 80s, they were going to make some BMX stuff for me but we couldn't get the price I needed. There's a ton of stuff made up here besides pot. I can give you the rundown on riding and everything else. My wife grew up here and I've lived here 20+ years. Send me a PM or email at randy@cmdbrands.com if you want. And welcome.
Heh...too funny. Thanks man! I am getting my RM250 together (there is a bike build thread about it).
RandyS
7/27/2017 12:56pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:

RandyS wrote:
I was joking about Grass Valley, Maier has been here since before I moved here. I came up a few times and met with the in...
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Heh...too funny. Thanks man! I am getting my RM250 together (there is a bike build thread about it).
I saw that, I've had an 03 YZ250 project sitting in the garage for 2 1/2 years that I'm determined to get finished by the time surface of the sun season is over. I decided I'd take a year off when my son was born, he just turned 7. I've only ridden a handful of times since then but I'm determined to not let another fall/winter go by. This is not normal by the way, some years it never gets to 100 and only above the low 90s a few times. The average temp in July and Aug is 87, and the average low is mid 50s at night.
sparker245
7/27/2017 2:45pm
Tallon Vohland's son, Max, is gonna be the next big thing from NorCal. He's got it all, including great mentorship from his dad and Uncle Tyson, along with the support of his grandfather. Such a smooth rider....reminds me of the late Tim Aston from the Marysville area. Tim would have been at the top of our sport too, if it wasn't for his horrific street bike accident. As many have said, NorCal produced some great motocrossers over the years.
7/27/2017 2:52pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Never heard of it.
NorCal 50+ wrote:

The sad part is that sierra motorsports is BY FAR the cheapest you will get a brand new KTM in Northern CA. Sometimes Mach 1 has okay deals and if you to Redding or Chico, Fator's or Chico Motorsports is a pretty safe bet.
RandyS
8/2/2017 5:45am
ocscottie wrote:
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis...
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis. Anyone remember when Mikes dad and George Matson got in a fight out at Huron? Good times! (sorta lol)
TeamGreen wrote:
George Matson, really?

Did u really just drop the "M" word?

Damn.
RandyS wrote:
Old thread revival part 2. He lived around here in the 90s and early 2000s. I didn't really know the whole story but I always thought...
Old thread revival part 2. He lived around here in the 90s and early 2000s. I didn't really know the whole story but I always thought something wasn't right there. A google search will show that he's been in Tenn. I'm not going to post a link here but it's easy to find, he was even on TV. Was this common knowledge back in the 80s? Why did it go on so long?
Apparently nobody wanted to touch my George Matson question, but the timing of this being at the top of my Facebook feed a few days later is kind of funny. Guess George is back and has traded the box van for a mini van..
https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSheriff/photos/a.199586316762540.53152.1…
PTshox
8/2/2017 6:11am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 12:19pm

Well that's not making people feel warm and fuzzy
DustinB333
8/2/2017 7:07am
PTshox wrote:

Nice jab at Rick and Dean. Classy bud..
RandyS
8/2/2017 7:44am
PTshox wrote:

DustinB333 wrote:
I think that was really uncalled for and I kind of tiptoed around the subject a little on my first question about Mannys post but fuck it. I watched this guy around town for years long after Dean was out of the picture wondering WTF, is he just a really nice guy who likes to help kids or is what it looks like. Apparently a court somewhere has determined it's the latter. And my 7 year old son having more interest in baseball than his motorcycle hit home.
DustinB333
8/2/2017 11:57am
PTshox wrote:

DustinB333 wrote:
RandyS wrote:
I think that was really uncalled for and I kind of tiptoed around the subject a little on my first question about Mannys post but fuck...
I think that was really uncalled for and I kind of tiptoed around the subject a little on my first question about Mannys post but fuck it. I watched this guy around town for years long after Dean was out of the picture wondering WTF, is he just a really nice guy who likes to help kids or is what it looks like. Apparently a court somewhere has determined it's the latter. And my 7 year old son having more interest in baseball than his motorcycle hit home.
Yes I get it Fuck Him for sure.. Im happy he never tried anything with us kids as we were around him every weekend.
PTshox
8/3/2017 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 12:17pm
Not trying to upset anyone.... It was strange for sure.
oldblood
8/3/2017 12:44pm
PTshox wrote:
How about keeping the thread positive, asshole.
PTshox
8/3/2017 2:24pm
PTshox wrote:
oldblood wrote:
How about keeping the thread positive, asshole.
Very classy

Post a reply to: Northern California has left the building.....

The Latest