North Yorkshire (UK)

Hi all,

I have recently had the idea of joining a motocross club. I live in York in North Yorkshire UK. I’m not sure which club is best to join and the benefit from a club.

Rob
|
3/16/2019 7:43am
Hi all, I have recently had the idea of joining a motocross club. I live in York in North Yorkshire UK. I’m not sure which club...
Hi all,

I have recently had the idea of joining a motocross club. I live in York in North Yorkshire UK. I’m not sure which club is best to join and the benefit from a club.

Rob
Mucktub
3/16/2019 5:35pm
There's a few clubs for you to look at, White Rose MXC and 90 Racing MXC. These clubs sometimes run meetings together.

The vast majority of the club's affiliated to the ACU in thd Yorkshire area are trials or enduro clubs. I'd say you're better off looking at MCF or ORPA affiliated clubs.

It's seems rare to find adult only race meetings nowadays, certainly in our area.
Gandorlf
3/16/2019 6:07pm
Not sure what clubs are near you. I'm in North Wales and I just joined Chester.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
3/16/2019 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2019 6:16pm
I don’t know of any motocros clubs, but I know a guy in your area who can clean you gear..Whistling

The Shop

3/17/2019 6:13am
White rose mxc are OK to race with. Never raced with 90 racing. Just be prepared for a lot of waiting around and then fairly short races depending on red flags etc. You might want to try north east motocross club. New committee this year and great to race with. Look for them on Facebook.
Mucktub
3/17/2019 6:27am
90 Racing is very similar to white rose in how it operates. I would say these clubs are more geared towards youth or family racing. I used to race in the north east alot through the early to late 2000's, made a lot of good friends and had great battles.

With the Whitby club all but fizzling out and when Scarborough stopped running mx some years ago, I don't race much further north now, mainly due to having a young family but the scene definitely changed. Plenty of tracks to ride within an hour's drive of York though and most of them are used by the club's for racing.
3/17/2019 6:52am
I'm in the Yorkshire amca which is part of the Northern area group,we are in West Yorkshire which is not too bad traveling wise as most of the races are West or South of us,this year I'm doing the vets over 50 championships whilst my son will do the expert races.You can get more info on the amca website and their various area Facebook pages.
Mucktub
3/17/2019 6:58am
Now then Ian, it's Iain. I looked at the AMCA recently for Isaac and me and I was put off by the cost of the license fee.
3/17/2019 7:22am
Mucktub wrote:
Now then Ian, it's Iain. I looked at the AMCA recently for Isaac and me and I was put off by the cost of the license...
Now then Ian, it's Iain. I looked at the AMCA recently for Isaac and me and I was put off by the cost of the license fee.
You tight twat,your definitely your dads son.I think the license is around £70 then the meetings are normally £33.50,some of the bigger meetings like Hawkstone cost a bit more to enter.I haven't smelt any weed smoking going on,though I'm sure there will be some,no rubber mat salesman and no pissed up retards fighting.
hogkiller
3/17/2019 1:30pm
Hi all, I have recently had the idea of joining a motocross club. I live in York in North Yorkshire UK. I’m not sure which club...
Hi all,

Rob
Peaky Blinders
3/17/2019 1:32pm
Hi all,

Rob
hogkiller wrote:
Peaky Blinders
Their from bloody Birmingham,that's like calling a Canadian a Yank.
3/17/2019 1:36pm
Laughing
Barrett57
3/17/2019 1:58pm
I know right, no self respecting brummie would want to be confused with a Yorkshireman.
3/17/2019 2:05pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I know right, no self respecting brummie would want to be confused with a Yorkshireman.
???? I feel your pain,you got Burger King and we got fillet steak,think your self lucky though,you could be from Lancashire.
Barrett57
3/17/2019 2:26pm
???? I feel your pain,you got Burger King and we got fillet steak,think your self lucky though,you could be from Lancashire.
Fillet steak? Your more advanced up there than I thought, you got indoor toilets yet?
3/17/2019 2:39pm
Barrett57 wrote:
Fillet steak? Your more advanced up there than I thought, you got indoor toilets yet?
Ay and tarmac roads

Post a reply to: North Yorkshire (UK)

The Latest