North Yorkshire (UK)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/16/2019 7:17 AM

Hi all,

I have recently had the idea of joining a motocross club. I live in York in North Yorkshire UK. I’m not sure which club is best to join and the benefit from a club.

Rob

|

3/16/2019 7:43 AM

Robert Sanders wrote:

Hi all,

I have recently had the idea of joining a motocross club. I live in York in North Yorkshire UK. I’m not sure which club is best to join and the benefit from a club.

Rob

https://www.acu.org.uk/centres-clubs/centres/Yorkshire/default.aspx

|

3/16/2019 5:35 PM

There's a few clubs for you to look at, White Rose MXC and 90 Racing MXC. These clubs sometimes run meetings together.

The vast majority of the club's affiliated to the ACU in thd Yorkshire area are trials or enduro clubs. I'd say you're better off looking at MCF or ORPA affiliated clubs.

It's seems rare to find adult only race meetings nowadays, certainly in our area.

|

3/16/2019 6:07 PM

Not sure what clubs are near you. I'm in North Wales and I just joined Chester.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

3/16/2019 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2019 6:16 PM

I don’t know of any motocros clubs, but I know a guy in your area who can clean you gear..

|

3/17/2019 6:13 AM

White rose mxc are OK to race with. Never raced with 90 racing. Just be prepared for a lot of waiting around and then fairly short races depending on red flags etc. You might want to try north east motocross club. New committee this year and great to race with. Look for them on Facebook.

|

3/17/2019 6:27 AM

90 Racing is very similar to white rose in how it operates. I would say these clubs are more geared towards youth or family racing. I used to race in the north east alot through the early to late 2000's, made a lot of good friends and had great battles.

With the Whitby club all but fizzling out and when Scarborough stopped running mx some years ago, I don't race much further north now, mainly due to having a young family but the scene definitely changed. Plenty of tracks to ride within an hour's drive of York though and most of them are used by the club's for racing.

|

3/17/2019 6:52 AM

I'm in the Yorkshire amca which is part of the Northern area group,we are in West Yorkshire which is not too bad traveling wise as most of the races are West or South of us,this year I'm doing the vets over 50 championships whilst my son will do the expert races.You can get more info on the amca website and their various area Facebook pages.

|

3/17/2019 6:58 AM

Now then Ian, it's Iain. I looked at the AMCA recently for Isaac and me and I was put off by the cost of the license fee.

|

3/17/2019 7:22 AM

Mucktub wrote:

Now then Ian, it's Iain. I looked at the AMCA recently for Isaac and me and I was put off by the cost of the license fee.

You tight twat,your definitely your dads son.I think the license is around £70 then the meetings are normally £33.50,some of the bigger meetings like Hawkstone cost a bit more to enter.I haven't smelt any weed smoking going on,though I'm sure there will be some,no rubber mat salesman and no pissed up retards fighting.

|

3/17/2019 1:30 PM

Robert Sanders wrote:

Hi all,

Rob

Peaky Blinders

|

3/17/2019 1:32 PM

Robert Sanders wrote:

Hi all,

Rob

hogkiller wrote:

Peaky Blinders

Their from bloody Birmingham,that's like calling a Canadian a Yank.

|

3/17/2019 1:36 PM

Ian_McGregor wrote:

|

2014 KTM 250 / Full Ohlins

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

3/17/2019 1:58 PM

Ian_McGregor wrote:

I know right, no self respecting brummie would want to be confused with a Yorkshireman.

|

I no longer regret my username.

3/17/2019 2:05 PM

hogkiller wrote:

Peaky Blinders

Ian_McGregor wrote:

Barrett57 wrote:

I know right, no self respecting brummie would want to be confused with a Yorkshireman.

???? I feel your pain,you got Burger King and we got fillet steak,think your self lucky though,you could be from Lancashire.

|

3/17/2019 2:26 PM

Ian_McGregor wrote:

???? I feel your pain,you got Burger King and we got fillet steak,think your self lucky though,you could be from Lancashire.

Fillet steak? Your more advanced up there than I thought, you got indoor toilets yet?

|

I no longer regret my username.

3/17/2019 2:39 PM

Barrett57 wrote:

Ian_McGregor wrote:

Barrett57 wrote:

Fillet steak? Your more advanced up there than I thought, you got indoor toilets yet?

Ay and tarmac roads

|