North Florida tracks

Mmurphree37
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2019 7:07am
Me and some buddies are leaving out today for Florida. First time for any of us to ride Florida tracks. Planning on hitting up Waldo tomorrow and pax trax Saturday. Anyone rode these tracks? Any good?
|
1/17/2019 9:27am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 9:28am
Love them!

Here’s me at pax on a 125. Prefer like 350 Atleast..

1/17/2019 9:33am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 9:35am
My brother at Waldo about a month ago:

You’re gonna have a blast. Don’t drive by wwranch in Jacksonville without riding their. You’ll regret it! that place is awesome.
Mmurphree37
1/17/2019 10:26am
Yeah I think they are racing this weekend and we aren't really looking to race this weekend. Sounds like it should be a good time!
ramfl90
1/17/2019 10:44am
Not sure how long you'll be down or how far south you are willing to venture, but Spyder MX in Wildwood is a pretty fun spot as well. They just redid some of the course layout and have an covered arenacross track as well. Regardless, enjoy your time down here in FL! Weather is finally nice.

The Shop

Sharc
1/17/2019 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 12:09pm
Jan 19th WW Ranch has open practice - You'll want to hit that up.
Not too often that you get to ride a National track as luscious as WW.
Waldo is just down the road and good to go most every day.
Pax has a schedule they stick to.

WW Ranch

STLSharky
1/17/2019 1:09pm
Me and some buddies are leaving out today for Florida. First time for any of us to ride Florida tracks. Planning on hitting up Waldo tomorrow...
Me and some buddies are leaving out today for Florida. First time for any of us to ride Florida tracks. Planning on hitting up Waldo tomorrow and pax trax Saturday. Anyone rode these tracks? Any good?
Waldo didn't charge a few weeks ago to ride as they wee kinda wet: class act!

Pax Charged Their prerogative, no problem

and then WW was great
Sharc
1/17/2019 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 1:18pm
STL - did we meet at Pax a few weeks back?
I was parked up front in the Class A
I ride a 300 Husky
Cygrace74
1/17/2019 5:54pm
I've always loved Bostwick and old new england pro Tony Lorruso is grooming it for the winter, check out NHMX on Instagram and he's been posting some pictures
clayburns28
1/17/2019 6:01pm
Sharc wrote:
I ride a 300 Husky
Did u have the white bus we camped after Christmas in the black and grey class a?
Indy mxer
1/17/2019 7:08pm
I was just down there over Christmas, Waldo was fun. The guy that runs it seems like a nice guy. But they don't split the mini's and big bikes. Not good imo.

Rode WW too. Awesome place and the people who run it are great people. Track is well kept and I loved the way they split up the classes.
NFMX is worth a try too. I meant to get to Pax but ran out of time.
STLSharky
1/17/2019 9:48pm
Sharc wrote:
I ride a 300 Husky
Dade my son yes you did
228jeff
1/18/2019 4:59am
MP Countyline just north of Panama City is awesome. The people that run it work crazy hard to always get it in great shape. Really good dirt.
MotoMatt_928
1/18/2019 7:18am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 9:04am
Northern Florida MX is one of the main reasons why I moved down here in September. Tons of great tracks around, and you won't get bored riding them, especially since they have different dirt/sand/clay. North Florida MX is my usual go-to, but WW Ranch, Waldo, Pax, and Hardrock are also great tracks.
Mossy
1/18/2019 8:51am
Northern Florida MX is one of the main reasons why I moved down here in September. Tons of great tracks around, and you won't get bored...
Northern Florida MX is one of the main reasons why I moved down here in September. Tons of great tracks around, and you won't get bored riding them, especially since they have different dirt/sand/clay. North Florida MX is my usual go-to, but WW Ranch, Waldo, Pax, and Hardrock are also great tracks.
I might be relocating within the next year or so to Florida. If not Florida then probably South Carolina. Both have great MX tracks and facilities to choose from Cool Currently in VA
MotoMatt_928
1/18/2019 9:05am
Mossy wrote:
I might be relocating within the next year or so to Florida. If not Florida then probably South Carolina. Both have great MX tracks and facilities...
I might be relocating within the next year or so to Florida. If not Florida then probably South Carolina. Both have great MX tracks and facilities to choose from Cool Currently in VA
Right on! And I agree, both great areas!!!
Mmurphree37
1/18/2019 2:56pm
Great time today at Waldo. Pretty cool place. Hitting Pax tomorrow.
Indy mxer
1/19/2019 7:17am
Northern Florida MX is one of the main reasons why I moved down here in September. Tons of great tracks around, and you won't get bored...
When I was in Florida riding a few weeks ago, I was warned to be very careful at Hardrock. More than a few Local riders said they've been having ongoing crime problems there. And not just stolen bikes.
Needless to say I didn't go there since I had so many other choices.

How accurate that is? I'm not sure. Just what I was told.
JLM#144
1/19/2019 8:04am
Indy mxer wrote:
When I was in Florida riding a few weeks ago, I was warned to be very careful at Hardrock. More than a few Local riders said...
When I was in Florida riding a few weeks ago, I was warned to be very careful at Hardrock. More than a few Local riders said they've been having ongoing crime problems there. And not just stolen bikes.

Hard rock is a great track, but it is in a very bad area. So bikes do get stolen there often, and from what i hear the police dont do much to stop it since its such a sketchy part of town. Such a shame too the owners have been putting in a lot of work to the tracks lately. As far as hard packed tracks in Fl go, place is way better than spyder mx IMO.
Indy mxer
1/19/2019 8:12am
Indy mxer wrote:
When I was in Florida riding a few weeks ago, I was warned to be very careful at Hardrock. More than a few Local riders said...

JLM#144 wrote:
Hard rock is a great track, but it is in a very bad area. So bikes do get stolen there often, and from what i hear...
Hard rock is a great track, but it is in a very bad area. So bikes do get stolen there often, and from what i hear the police dont do much to stop it since its such a sketchy part of town. Such a shame too the owners have been putting in a lot of work to the tracks lately. As far as hard packed tracks in Fl go, place is way better than spyder mx IMO.
Yeah, I feel for the track owners. That's something they can't control.
When I was down there they said there was an incident involving guns just a few days earlier and the police did get involved.

JLM#144
1/19/2019 8:23am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 6:52pm
Indy mxer wrote:

JLM#144 wrote:
Hard rock is a great track, but it is in a very bad area. So bikes do get stolen there often, and from what i hear...
Indy mxer wrote:
Yeah, I feel for the track owners. That's something they can't control. When I was down there they said there was an incident involving guns just...
When I was down there they said there was an incident involving guns just a few days earlier and the police did get involved.

They were robbed at gun point and the thieves took off on the bikes. It was a guy and his daughter parked by the sand or out back track I believe.
Not sure if the thieves were ever caught.
MotoMatt_928
1/19/2019 2:14pm
JLM#144 wrote:
Indy mxer wrote:
Yeah, I feel for the track owners. That's something they can't control. When I was down there they said there was an incident involving guns just...

JLM#144 wrote:
They were robbed at gun point and the thieves took off on the bikes. It was a guy and his daughter parked by the sand or...
They were robbed at gun point and the thieves took off on the bikes. It was a guy and his daughter parked by the sand or out back track I believe.
Yes, Hardrock has had its fair share of crime, most recently the father and daughter held at gunpoint, and their bikes were stolen. From what I heard from some of the locals, was that it has gone on for awhile but law enforcement has done very little. I did not feel like it was a sketchy scenario when I was there with some friends, but I am always cautious. I lock up everything and always carry my 9mm. It's a shame, but that's the world we live in.
Wade221
1/19/2019 4:01pm
Indy mxer wrote:

JLM#144 wrote:
They were robbed at gun point and the thieves took off on the bikes. It was a guy and his daughter parked by the sand or...
Yes, Hardrock has had its fair share of crime, most recently the father and daughter held at gunpoint, and their bikes were stolen. From what I...
Yes, Hardrock has had its fair share of crime, most recently the father and daughter held at gunpoint, and their bikes were stolen. From what I heard from some of the locals, was that it has gone on for awhile but law enforcement has done very little. I did not feel like it was a sketchy scenario when I was there with some friends, but I am always cautious. I lock up everything and always carry my 9mm. It's a shame, but that's the world we live in.
Do the Knox’s still own/run Hardrock? Been a long time since I was there. I can say I was there to witness the King himself throw nac nacs over the water tower jump, circa ‘04
mx546
Fantasy
2290th
1/22/2019 5:48am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 5:50am
I live 10 minutes from WW Motocross the area I live in is basically 1 hour from .. Dirt Farm in Folkston, GA (just across the state line), North Florida Motocross (HIlliard), WW, Waldo, Hard Rock, Bostwick, Pax and a few private tracks. My house normally houses some Pro's or up and coming riders from up North down here training. Current house guest are Tyler Medaglia and Jeremy Medaglia, TJ Martin and even had good ole' Mitch Cooke this year. It is a GREAT location for tracks.

JohnnyT_983
1/23/2019 6:29am
Me and some buddies are leaving out today for Florida. First time for any of us to ride Florida tracks. Planning on hitting up Waldo tomorrow...
Murph how did you like PAX? I saw a couple of your shots on facebook or insta or something. I think I am going to do a little trip after this next baby comes and PAX was pretty high on the list with WW.
zippytech
1/23/2019 7:07am
Is Florida the only place east of the Mississippi that's not under water.. I live in Ohio and been thinking about a winter trip.

Post a reply to: North Florida tracks

The Latest