North Carolina Motocross

chaseNCMX
Any one on here from the Raleigh area? Looking for people to ride with on the weekends. I'm 23, been riding for 2 years and ride a 2016 YZ125. Thanks!
|
Racer111
7/3/2018 6:25am
chaseNCMX wrote:
Any one on here from the Raleigh area? Looking for people to ride with on the weekends. I'm 23, been riding for 2 years and ride...
Any one on here from the Raleigh area? Looking for people to ride with on the weekends. I'm 23, been riding for 2 years and ride a 2016 YZ125. Thanks!
One thing I’ve learned about NC is that no one lives close to a track. lol

Seems all the tracks are in the middle of nowhere. I ride at 2 primary places. East Bend,NC and Silver Valley MX.
chaseNCMX
7/3/2018 6:30am
chaseNCMX wrote:
Any one on here from the Raleigh area? Looking for people to ride with on the weekends. I'm 23, been riding for 2 years and ride...
Racer111 wrote:
One thing I’ve learned about NC is that no one lives close to a track. lol Seems all the tracks are in the middle of nowhere...

Seems all the tracks are in the middle of nowhere. I ride at 2 primary places. East Bend,NC and Silver Valley MX.
I'm about 40-45 minutes from NCMP. Silver Valley was a little over my head when i was last there and I have yet to hit up East Bend. Looks fun though. I have hit 421MX and Center Road MX and enjoyed both. Just a little far from Raleigh for a one day trip. I usually ride NCMP, Cowbranch MX, Lake Sugar Tree, and Birch Creek.
elementmx
7/3/2018 6:51am
Racer111 wrote:
One thing I’ve learned about NC is that no one lives close to a track. lol Seems all the tracks are in the middle of nowhere...

I'm retired but where can i go to catch a local race and watch some fast guys thats not too far from charlotte?
7/3/2018 6:52am
I’m in Charlotte so I usually go north to 421MX or down to ClubMX, but my wife and I occasionally stay out with her parents in Garner and I’ll go ride NCMP or Cow Branch with her dad when we’re there. Not sure when the next time we’ll be out that way is gonna be, but I’ll shoot you a message if you wanna come out and ride with us.

The Shop

chaseNCMX
7/3/2018 7:08am
I’m in Charlotte so I usually go north to 421MX or down to ClubMX, but my wife and I occasionally stay out with her parents in...
I’m in Charlotte so I usually go north to 421MX or down to ClubMX, but my wife and I occasionally stay out with her parents in Garner and I’ll go ride NCMP or Cow Branch with her dad when we’re there. Not sure when the next time we’ll be out that way is gonna be, but I’ll shoot you a message if you wanna come out and ride with us.
For sure man, just hit me up!
7/3/2018 7:57am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 7:58am
Another Charlotte guy here.. Have about 5 local buddy's I ride with... Yea, for as many tracks as there are in the Carolina's, most of them aren't close! We ride down at ClubMX or head out to Wide Open, etc. I grew up going to TNT Motorsports in Chester SC hundreds of times.. Shame Miss Barbara passed away and all that land is just sitting there now. So many good memories growing up at TNT...

Chase, if you're that close to NCMP then you should definitely check out the Carolina Motofest going on there over Labor Day weekend. There's a thread about it on here..
7/3/2018 8:01am
Another Charlotte guy here.. Have about 5 local buddy's I ride with... Yea, for as many tracks as there are in the Carolina's, most of them...
Another Charlotte guy here.. Have about 5 local buddy's I ride with... Yea, for as many tracks as there are in the Carolina's, most of them aren't close! We ride down at ClubMX or head out to Wide Open, etc. I grew up going to TNT Motorsports in Chester SC hundreds of times.. Shame Miss Barbara passed away and all that land is just sitting there now. So many good memories growing up at TNT...

Chase, if you're that close to NCMP then you should definitely check out the Carolina Motofest going on there over Labor Day weekend. There's a thread about it on here..
I was just gonna say, that Motofest event sounds like it’ll be pretty fun, might be worth the trip for us Charlotte guys.
HusqFan3
7/3/2018 8:05am
chaseNCMX wrote:
Racer111 wrote:

Pretty sure most states with exception of Cali, Florida and a few others are in the same boat. In most cases it isn’t economical to build tracks near population centers. Unfortunately i know this firsthand from living in I Seattle area and having most decent tracks 2+hr drive for me
volcomrr
7/3/2018 9:31am
chaseNCMX wrote:
I'm in Raleigh as well and about 35 minutes from NCMP. Thinking about riding Wednesday (tomorrow) and Saturday. Hit me up if you'd like to shred.
chaseNCMX
7/3/2018 9:38am
chaseNCMX wrote:
volcomrr wrote:
I'm in Raleigh as well and about 35 minutes from NCMP. Thinking about riding Wednesday (tomorrow) and Saturday. Hit me up if you'd like to shred.
Cool man, I'm going to try Saturday i think. Either NCMP or cowbranch. I've added you on here so we'll stay in contact.
defeatist45
7/3/2018 1:26pm
chaseNCMX wrote:
I'm in the process of moving back to the area and going to be buying another bike in the coming weeks. Hit me up.
7/3/2018 2:35pm
I'm considering moving to the Raleigh area myself in the near future. I haven't had a bike in almost 10 years and might pick one up if I move there. Do you guys know if there is any single track or free local riding spots in that area?
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
7/3/2018 3:30pm
If you want to make a trip come east hit me up and I'll give you a guide to this area
7/4/2018 8:09am
I moved to Charlotte a few months ago, just south of uptown. I've hit up 421MX and Clubmx so far and would be interested in finding some people to ride with, I have been hitting stuff up solo.
gavinmgrant
7/6/2018 4:08pm
I live in Goldsboro, since I am stationed here. About an hour outside Raleigh. I ride every weekend. Cowbranch is a really fun track, great people. NCMP is cool, more of the outdoor national style track. Very big but fun. Wide Open MX is really cool. Good mix of sand and sticky dirt, and Dana the owner is awesome. There is also the Jimmy Weinert Training Facility by the coast. Also look up BlackJack MX. Never been there but they are not far either.
gavinmgrant
7/6/2018 4:09pm
chaseNCMX wrote:
Racer111 wrote:

^^^^^
mxracer32
7/6/2018 7:47pm
I’m in Charlotte. We ride Silver valley, club mx, east bend, 421, center road, Daniels ridge, and on occasion dirt world.
chaseNCMX
7/9/2018 9:41am
If anyone wants to get up and ride one weekend shoot me a message on here or hit me up on instagram @chaseramsey94. As long as the weather is good i typically ride every weekend.
TJMX947
7/9/2018 11:10am
I live in Indian Trail (eastern suburb of Charlotte) and I usually ride at Club MX PF, which is always on point.

Wide Open is a crapshoot, the owner has a bad reputation (depending on who you talk to; some people love him, others hate him but he was super nice when I met him before), sometimes he preps, other times the track is "left up to mother nature" as he puts it. I love the track, and it has tons of potential, I've probably spun a thousand laps there. I have lots of friends who live in Raeford that drive 2+ hours to ride every weekend.

I think you basically nailed all of your close tracks, cow branch probably being your best bet for consistent conditions. If you ever get a chance to check out County Line MX that would be a worth while drive.
Racer111
7/9/2018 11:33am
I’m in Charlotte so I usually go north to 421MX or down to ClubMX, but my wife and I occasionally stay out with her parents in...
chaseNCMX wrote:
For sure man, just hit me up!
Racing this weekend at East Bend. Awesome promoter, track is fun. Lots of great people, good atmosphere, and runs smooth.

Post a reply to: North Carolina Motocross

The Latest