Nor Cals New Playground?

HuskyEd
|
BMSOBx2
9/18/2017 6:06pm
Ione is just a few miles from Plymouth. The original Hangtown.

The Shop

jeffro503
9/18/2017 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 6:12pm
Edit : figured it out Ed. Thanks.
Ted722
9/18/2017 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 6:34pm
Here's Keefer's Ione experience:

Saturday we had a day off as all of our races were on a Sunday, so Aden and I overruled Heather and decided to check out a new private facility called Ione sands MX Park in Ione, California which is about 40 minutes from Hangtown. The facility is ran by David Harvey (former director of pro racing at Hangtown) and the property is over 4000 acres and owned by US Mine Corp with permits for mining and industrial/commercial operations, with 24-hour security. It’s huge! The owner of the land is a racing pilot and flies in the Red Bull Reno air races, and has an interest in moto. The property is a mix of deep sand and kaolin clay with multiple lakes and white silica sand. The property has 300 foot deep pits and rolling hills with old-growth oak trees, creating an insane scenery. So, the overall plan is to have a world-class testing, training, and product development facility for moto, side by side/UTV's/ and Trophy Trucks. It will operate similar to east coast training facilities (think Club Moto and SOCool , but with world class amenities I am told. The complex will have a member lounge, with restaurant, showers, lockers, and glass viewing area of several of the tracks.

The facility will be open 7 days per week, allowing members, factory teams, and mx/racing companies to test as often as necessary. Currently there are two tracks: a pro-level outdoor track and a "vet" track. By the end of the year, there will be another pro-level outdoor track, an arenacross track, and a supercross track. Riding the sandy track Saturday made me realize how cool this place was! It wasn't just sandy, but had elevations changes and clay up on top of the hills. It was challenging and unlike anything we have in California. I met the owner and unlike other people I have met within our industry about how they are going to build this or that (which almost never happens), I know this park is going to be legit and all of you amateur riders with the fat wallets will love this place. I know i did. They will have a website up soon so be on the lookout on my social media (@kkeefer120) for all the info soon.

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/road-lorettas
JMR1976
9/18/2017 7:53pm
Heard somewhere they were thinking of alternating Hangtown and Ione every other year for the national.
NorcalVet
9/18/2017 8:03pm
Hey Ted... too bad that place is private and invite only at this point...
Or you'd be loading up all your smokers and riding some deeeep sand!!

Or you can get an invite to DT26's compound in Ione also and hit his road jump on your 1-2-5

Brappp...
Ted722
9/18/2017 8:27pm
NorcalVet wrote:
Hey Ted... too bad that place is private and invite only at this point... Or you'd be loading up all your smokers and riding some deeeep...
Hey Ted... too bad that place is private and invite only at this point...
Or you'd be loading up all your smokers and riding some deeeep sand!!

Or you can get an invite to DT26's compound in Ione also and hit his road jump on your 1-2-5

Brappp...
Bet that place is even nicer in the fall/winter. Didn't you take the 125 around Oatfield a while back? Time flies.

Post a reply to: Nor Cals New Playground?

The Latest