Noobie watches SX for 1st time

So have a guy that asks about SX and MX from time to time. This has been going on for about 4 years,
as long as we have worked together.
He is mainly a football fan, mid 30's.
So, he decides to watch for the 1st time. Saturday nights Daytona.
Wants to know what is so important about talking about Red Lobster dinner when a race has just started and not
talking about the action on the track.
Wants to know why you would bring up how someone really enjoys 4 wheeling and then say he
seems to be doing alright on 2.
Etc. etc.

|
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/9/2020 5:15pm
Because Ralph is cheesy.
BMSOBx2
3/9/2020 5:22pm
So have a guy that asks about SX and MX from time to time. This has been going on for about 4 years, as long as...
So have a guy that asks about SX and MX from time to time. This has been going on for about 4 years,
Wants to know what is so important about talking about Red Lobster dinner when a race has just started and not
Wants to know why you would bring up how someone really enjoys 4 wheeling and then say he
Etc. etc.

No wonder he was confused.
p0wn
3/9/2020 6:49pm
Yeah the commentary team has to be talking all the time and I think they are paranoid they won't have anything to say so they have large monologues about the riders. On one hand it's nice because it helps fans become more emotionally involved in the racers which is important for most fans to get into the sport. It helps to root for your favorite rider etc.

On the other hand they'll often start a monologue about a rider on screen and the truck will switch to a heated battle or tense moment in the race and the commentary won't drop what they're saying and finish later. Daniel Blair is the absolute best when it comes to this though. He will tell his story but if something exciting happens will pause and comment on what's happening and get back to his story after the drama is done. Everyone should learn from his example.
tingo
3/9/2020 7:56pm
So have a guy that asks about SX and MX from time to time. This has been going on for about 4 years, as long as...
Etc. etc.

Go home, Emig, you’re drunk.

The Shop

aeffertz
3/9/2020 8:15pm
Maybe I'm just being too cynical but I never believe these threads that go "My 5 year old said these announcers don't know what they're talking about!" or "I showed my friends SX for the first time and the only thing they talked about was how bad the announcing was."

Always just seems so perfectly timed for the flavor of the week.
TXDirt
3/9/2020 8:56pm
I think the two floor reporters Blair and William could make up every single “so I asked xyz rider..” conversation and no one even care. Maybe they do that already.

“So I asked Eli why he likes working as a custodian at the local elementary school in the off season, and he told me he really likes cottage cheese with his cantaloupe.”

Back to you.
shortshift
3/9/2020 9:40pm
I think Ricky does a good job and that Diffy fellow I thought did good. I'm sorry but Ralph just turns it into a monster truck show.
motogrady
3/9/2020 10:22pm
It’s fucking Daytona.
Like it or not it’s a ledgendary place. That we race there only adds to the credibility of moto to a lot of people.
Maybe the stick and ball guys not so much.
But to a ton of others it does.

No, on that, the producer or whoever decides what goes up, was right.

Now, u guys wanna talk mistake on content?
I’ll give u one.
James.

Since Tampa, when they let him and his 2 boys stand around all day like some hangers on, anybody heard from him? Has he done another race review off his couch since then? Did he show at The Big Oval?
Nope. And Nope.

They, in one guys opinion, should have had him, and if you want to bring in the family thing in, his boys, at least make a freakin 3 minute stop in the booth.

If it was money screw it, the guy is a legend. Pay him. Nobody pulls interest like that guy does.
Plus, it’s just cool seeing a good guy that made it living a good life.

The Daytona NASCAR tie in thing, right.
Ghosting Stew, wrong.

IMHO.
3/9/2020 11:07pm
Etc. etc.

File under things that never happened.
DoctorJD
3/10/2020 5:39am
Wait, you're telling me Ralph/RC sucks? I hadn't heard that. Tell me more...
3/10/2020 8:27pm
Etc. etc.

tingo wrote:
Haa! I'm not Emig and I don't drink.
3/10/2020 8:28pm
Etc. etc.

Uhh, yes, it did happen. He also thinks guys that ride dirt bikes are why his insurance is so high.
levimx22
Fantasy
2202nd
3/10/2020 9:04pm
Etc. etc.

Uhh, yes, it did happen. He also thinks guys that ride dirt bikes are why his insurance is so high.
that last line tells you everything you need to know..wow.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
3/11/2020 11:47pm
Etc. etc.

tingo wrote:
Haa! I'm not Emig and I don't drink.
To be fair Emig wasn’t know for drinking
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
3/12/2020 6:57am
With that thread title, I was hoping for something more like this...

Motoxdoc
3/12/2020 7:18am
I don’t get the gist of op. Is this another hammer on Ralph thread? If so, Jesus Christ enough already just enjoy the fucking broadcast for what it is and stop complaining like you don’t give a shit about the good racing you do get to see.

Post a reply to: Noobie watches SX for 1st time

The Latest