Non-yoga pants gear

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2017 7:41 AM

So, I'm not digging all of this minimalist race wear. Everything feels like it's made out of the same material as a kids halloween costume. All the new pants look like they're made of the same material as the compression pants I wear under my knee braces. I've been buying fly pants and jerseys since about 2010. The old evolution stuff was good. I miss the big rubber patches on the thigh and knee, getting more than 4 rides out of a pair of pants, and being able to fall over and not rip a pair of pants. My favorite pair of pants was a pair of fox 360 pants from 2002. You couldn't wear them out. What are the most durable pants/jersey now days?
I'm not worried about how hot the pants and jersey are. I'm from Indiana and when it's hot, it's just hot. Wearing thin gear isn't going to help all that much in 95% humidity.

|

3/14/2017 7:51 AM

Troy lee

|

3/14/2017 7:56 AM

I'll check it out. Also, what about fasthouse?

|

3/14/2017 8:05 AM

You had me at "yoga pants"

|

United States of America

3/14/2017 8:24 AM

Axo always holds up really well

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/14/2017 8:28 AM

Fasthouse looks like it has that stretchy material on the pants.
Thor just updated their line, but their top of the line stuff has always been good to me, it was the Core but they changed everything up this year

|

3/14/2017 8:48 AM

Is Fasthouse gear made by troy lee?

|

3/14/2017 8:53 AM

All of my Alias stuff uses pretty thick material and has held up great even while wearing Mobius braces underneath. Their No Fear roots have stayed with them quality and style wise. The only downside is their stuff can get pretty hot in summer without any ventilation. I've seen some complaints about their knee areas wearing out quick but haven't seen it myself.

|

3/14/2017 9:13 AM

Seems to be a trend across most sports. Rugby is dominated by the spandex tops now. Even saw a slim fit hockey Jersey. I'm it's great if you're in shape and can show off the physique but if you're like me and 30 lbs overweight it sure ain't a good look!

|

3/14/2017 9:17 AM

X2 for Alias

|

3/14/2017 9:22 AM

Troy Lee is looks to be the toughest pants out there.

That being said, I have Fox 360 and Thor...love both.

|

3/14/2017 9:24 AM

mx617 wrote:

Seems to be a trend across most sports. Rugby is dominated by the spandex tops now. Even saw a slim fit hockey Jersey. I'm it's great if you're in shape and can show off the physique but if you're like me and 30 lbs overweight it sure ain't a good look!

yep, I remember asking my mom what husky clothes were....she said well, your legs just haven't grown with your waste lol. I'm 5'11 and 230. My ideal weight is 215. I've been 205 but couldn't push the clutch in on the tractor to prep the track.

|

3/14/2017 9:26 AM

Honestly I haven't had a problem with my Fox Flexair wearing down I wear Asterisk Braces and race offroad. Always flying through brush and trees up hear in the sierra Nevada's. Surprisingly haven't ripped a single pair for how thin they are. To be honest wish the jerseys where thicker sometimes with all these branches slapping your almost bear skin. I know this past year fox has adapted that non tear fabric to a couple of their lines no experience with it yet but just a thought!

|

CienaMedia.Co
Northern California
cienamediaco

3/14/2017 9:35 AM

Take at look at Canvas MX. I think their pants are similar to what you describe. You can pick from standard D├Ęsigns or design your own graphics. They are a site supporter, the owner is a pro rider and I'm related to him. Lol. Www.canvasmx.com

|

3/14/2017 9:41 AM

Fox 360 is a great line, super durable.

|

Go Hawks!

3/14/2017 9:47 AM

Klim!!!!!

Their Dakar and Mohave lines are as durable and comfortable as you'll get.

Their new XC line is more "modern" in the fabrics and fit...I really like it...but if you want old school fit and finish, the Dakar and Mohave lines will work perfect for you.

|

3/14/2017 10:25 AM

mx510 wrote:

Fox 360 is a great line, super durable.

Yep, Fox 360 and Thor Core...are as durable as it gets.

|

3/14/2017 10:27 AM

I ride a lot and my Alias gear holds up great

|

3/14/2017 10:47 AM

Where are the yoga pants pics?

|

3/14/2017 10:52 AM

Jimmy Jingles wrote:

Where are the yoga pants pics?

|

3/14/2017 11:08 AM

Fashouse is good but on the tight modern side of the scale, TLD is very good and also Shift, our kits take a real beating on the sidecar and doing beach races etc and for the price you really can't knock Shift.

|

3/14/2017 11:40 AM

My boy has some Fly , and its like wearing fucking Pyjamas... no inner and outer, no comfort bit and protection bit, same as gloves, try finding some with decent stone protection on the fingers and back of the hand, damn near impossible,

Yoga pants covers it

|

3/14/2017 11:55 AM

philG wrote:

My boy has some Fly , and its like wearing fucking Pyjamas... no inner and outer, no comfort bit and protection bit, same as gloves, try finding some with decent stone protection on the fingers and back of the hand, damn near impossible,

Yoga pants covers it

+1

We old boys get blasted for saying that some things aren't as good these days. But when the F did having no protection on gloves (or indeed any other gear) happen, and how, exactly, is that an improvement?

I can't say that I ever complained about my fingers being tired from having to bend that padding.

|

3/14/2017 11:57 AM

we were wearing MSR polyester jerseys in 1995, they were horrible so we switched back to the cotton jerseys which were eventually phased out around 1999. Ever since then it's been about using the lightest materials which is where this spandex shit has come from.

|

3/14/2017 12:03 PM

Thought we were gonna see some chicks asses:{

|

Now don't swig it boy! just a open your craw sows I can pour it right through.

3/14/2017 12:05 PM

philG wrote:

Yoga pants covers it

Robgvx wrote:

+1

We old boys get blasted for saying that some things aren't as good these days. But when the F did having no protection on gloves (or indeed any other gear) happen, and how, exactly, is that an improvement?

I can't say that I ever complained about my fingers being tired from having to bend that padding.

Reminds me of this;

|

3/14/2017 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2017 12:08 PM

I have 12 and 13 Fox 360 pants. I loved them so I bought a 16 one. Its pretty evident the evolution in quality its not in the way up....

Evolution doesn't equal improvement.

|

3/14/2017 12:22 PM

No Fear?
Word has it their Electron line is straight lit!

Maybe O'Neal?
Sounds like you are describing some of their gear...Style is subjective, though their stuff has been very durable and long-lasting for me.

|

If you don't crash once in a while, you're not going fast enough.

3/14/2017 12:25 PM

Call up Alias and beg them to make a pair of NoFear, best fucking brand ever

|

3/14/2017 12:27 PM

We just got some of the new Shot gear in at our dealership. I rode with it in 2010 and it was great stuff, super durable even after crashes. New stuff seems to be more of the same, good materials and double stitching everywhere

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R