Noleen/Ohlins 360 Kit

tuz371
Edited Date/Time 12/8/2014 8:54am
Anybody now about these kits? There is a used bike for sale near me. 1997 Yamaha YZ250 with the Noleen/Ohlins 360 Kit installed. Bike looks good for the age (in photos) and the guy wants $1800. Pipe has a few dings in it.

The kit came with: cylinder, head, crank, piston & rings, rod, bigger reed cage, jet kit and pipe.

Did some quick research and Noleen still has the piston kit available. However, it looks like the pipes and stampings are no longer available. Wouldn't know where to go for anything else needed for the kit parts either.

Any info. would be helpful.
|
newmann
5/7/2011 5:39am
Pretty desireable kit, would fetch a good price by itself on Evilbay.
scooter5002
5/7/2011 6:22am
Friend of mine had one. Rode it a few times back to back against my stocker. AWESOME! Buy it! If the pipe is an issue, I'm sure someone could copy it and make you a new one, but it would have to be destroyed before it's useless. If you don't want it, tell me where it is and I'll drive down and buy it!
reded
5/7/2011 6:29am
By all means give it a hard look. The 360 kitted YZ250 was the best engine ever built for a Yamaha.

The Shop

7/2/2011 1:44pm
Hi

im frome sweden öhlins home contry, I hawe a noleen/öhlin 360 cc kitt but not the noleen pipe, so if TUS371 are bying the motor bike im werry interested in the pipe cise, if the pipe are rebilding im also werry interested to bye coppys on the pipe pices.

Of course im will pay god fore this help.

regards jerker
6/27/2012 4:09am
I am in the processes of piecing together an Ohlins 360cc kit that I sourced new from the Netherlands a few years ago. It has been a long process and 100% of the parts came from ebay or trademe auctions. (I would hate to total the bill) Will post some photos of the build up as it all comes together. I had the crak balanced and am fitting the whole engine into a YZf450 frame with a retro yellow plastic kit and a Josh coppins Monster energy black look circa 2008.
Jerker. Did you get a Noleens pipe of the states? Would be keen to ebay one of you if you were successful.
6/27/2012 8:11am
contact MPS racing, the guys who do the conversions, they have been doing the 360 kitted af's in the yzf250 frame's for a while, they could get you some good info on them and could get a pipe for you
6/27/2012 8:57am
I am in the processes of piecing together an Ohlins 360cc kit that I sourced new from the Netherlands a few years ago. It has been...
I am in the processes of piecing together an Ohlins 360cc kit that I sourced new from the Netherlands a few years ago. It has been a long process and 100% of the parts came from ebay or trademe auctions. (I would hate to total the bill) Will post some photos of the build up as it all comes together. I had the crak balanced and am fitting the whole engine into a YZf450 frame with a retro yellow plastic kit and a Josh coppins Monster energy black look circa 2008.
Jerker. Did you get a Noleens pipe of the states? Would be keen to ebay one of you if you were successful.
hello

yes and no? I found a noleen related to my 96-97 yz 250 but not to my 360cc unfortunately.

but is there anyone who has a noleen ore a schletchen pipe and can make templates or measuring the pipes. Then I would be able to fix all the dimensions and radii, then anyone can make paper templates and weld their own noleen copy of the pipe ..

Regards
TeamGreen
6/27/2012 9:09am
newmann wrote:
BUY IT!

If you guys had ANY idea about the stuff Newmann builds and what he can fetch for it (At times)...well, you'd learn to pay attention when he posts something like this.

I'm jus' knowin'...
newmann
6/27/2012 12:50pm
newmann wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
BUY IT! If you guys had ANY idea about the stuff Newmann builds and what he can fetch for it (At times)...well, you'd learn to pay...
BUY IT!

If you guys had ANY idea about the stuff Newmann builds and what he can fetch for it (At times)...well, you'd learn to pay attention when he posts something like this.

I'm jus' knowin'...
Those "at times" don't come around often! You didn't happen to have seen something in particular somewhere out there did you?

I'm jus' guessin.....

Wink
TeamGreen
6/27/2012 3:02pm
newmann wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
BUY IT! If you guys had ANY idea about the stuff Newmann builds and what he can fetch for it (At times)...well, you'd learn to pay...
BUY IT!

I'm jus' knowin'...
newmann wrote:
Those "at times" don't come around often! You didn't happen to have seen something in particular somewhere out there did you?

I'm jus' guessin.....

Wink
Jus' "stories" from reliable sources.

As for what I'm seein'...?

Jus' workin' on a lil' sumthin'-sumthin' w/ a coupl'a guys I know...I'm thinkin' I'll build the bike that Jody didn't.

I just had the Motor conversation" w/ "The Guy" @ Mammoth on Monday...

Post a reply to: Noleen/Ohlins 360 Kit

The Latest