No worries about your racing fix,speedwaygp starts next weekend

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 3:16pm
Oh yeah
|
hillbilly
5/6/2018 12:00pm
Purest form of motorcycle racing there is.

No brakes.4, guys 4, laps,race every competitor then top 8 into the semis.

Touch a rider he falls you are dq

First race in Poland where they been couped up for months.

Would love to be there with chainsaw and vodka.

plowboy
5/6/2018 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 12:04pm
And Speedway fans are frikkin rabid. At least the Euro's are.

The Shop

Motofinne
5/6/2018 12:16pm
plowboy wrote:
And Speedway fans are frikkin rabid. At least the Euro's are.
Yeah i watched a few races from the Polish league. Some of the teams have legit ultras as fans, just like the soccer teams.
Motofinne
5/6/2018 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 3:32pm
Me in 2013. I haven't been on a bike since 2014. I still have one bike left, i should try it out in the summer.

It's funny how i'm not scared of jumping 30m long jumps but riding a speedway turn made me scared. That was one of the main reasons why i quit.

5/7/2018 1:18pm
Is there a way to watch these races in the US? My dad loves this stuff, but he hasn't been able to find it on TV for several years.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/7/2018 1:30pm
Is there a way to watch these races in the US? My dad loves this stuff, but he hasn't been able to find it on TV...
Is there a way to watch these races in the US? My dad loves this stuff, but he hasn't been able to find it on TV for several years.
I used to watch this and AX on speedtv back in the late 90s 2wheelTuesday. Loved it, haven't watched in years
5/7/2018 1:36pm
Is there a way to watch these races in the US? My dad loves this stuff, but he hasn't been able to find it on TV...
early wrote:
I used to watch this and AX on speedtv back in the late 90s 2wheelTuesday. Loved it, haven't watched in years
Yeah, I think he used to watch it on the Speed channel as well but hasn't been able to find it since it went away.
Stuntman949
5/7/2018 2:02pm
Our Costa Mesa track is about to get underway. Can't start soon enough
chuck317
5/7/2018 2:12pm
hillbilly wrote:
Oh yeah
so how Is the best way to watch, and what channels might it be on.
hillbilly
5/7/2018 3:14pm
Speedwaygp.com streams it free on YouTube.

I had some issues as far as country sometimes but people throw it up.

I will post the link if it gets blacked out here.

There is a countdown clock on the site.

Nikki broke his hand last weekend,give him an excuse when he takes someone out I guess. Dude ain't right,he has a mirror in his pit to check his look.lol
5/7/2018 6:00pm
hillbilly wrote:
Speedwaygp.com streams it free on YouTube. I had some issues as far as country sometimes but people throw it up. I will post the link if...

Nikki broke his hand last weekend,give him an excuse when he takes someone out I guess. Dude ain't right,he has a mirror in his pit to check his look.lol
Thanks!
jemcee
5/7/2018 8:19pm
Speedway rules!
And Kelv and Nige are the best commentators out there haha
5/8/2018 7:09am
hillbilly wrote:
Speedwaygp.com streams it free on YouTube. I had some issues as far as country sometimes but people throw it up. I will post the link if...

NickiP will be there ..... he is only taking a few days off haha ......... he is a wrongun for sure but pure box office! He is a born windup.... I was at a press conference for a Danish World Team Cup win years ago and he was doing everything he could to start trouble with the Brits

I'm hoping they have his bikes more up to scratch this season.... his early season results certainly suggest so

in case you dont know ....the issues with country can usually be remedied with a VPN...
Stuntman949
5/8/2018 7:52am
Motofinne wrote:
Me in 2013. I haven't been on a bike since 2014. I still have one bike left, i should try it out in the summer. It's...
Me in 2013. I haven't been on a bike since 2014. I still have one bike left, i should try it out in the summer.

It's funny how i'm not scared of jumping 30m long jumps but riding a speedway turn made me scared. That was one of the main reasons why i quit.

Hell yeah Finne! Great form
motoman617
5/8/2018 8:20am
We had Speedway racing here in Ventura when I was in High School. Use to go every week.

I always watched Speedway when it was on Speed TV also. Going to try and find a way to watch these. Hopefully the You Tube feed will work. Are they archived so you can watch them anytime?

Looking forward to it.
5/8/2018 9:24am
motoman617 wrote:
We had Speedway racing here in Ventura when I was in High School. Use to go every week. I always watched Speedway when it was on...
We had Speedway racing here in Ventura when I was in High School. Use to go every week.

I always watched Speedway when it was on Speed TV also. Going to try and find a way to watch these. Hopefully the You Tube feed will work. Are they archived so you can watch them anytime?

Looking forward to it.
sure...

here is rd1 from last season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4MSlk96VE

this was the schedule for 2017

philG
5/8/2018 10:58am
My wife has been going nuts since the start of March waiting for the season to start.
philG
5/8/2018 11:09am
Motofinne wrote:
Me in 2013. I haven't been on a bike since 2014. I still have one bike left, i should try it out in the summer. It's...

I have had offers to try it, but really dont have the stones for it.. that said i will send it for fun on dirt on slicks...
Motofinne
5/8/2018 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 12:43pm
philG wrote:
I have had offers to try it, but really dont have the stones for it.. that said i will send it for fun on dirt on...
I have had offers to try it, but really dont have the stones for it.. that said i will send it for fun on dirt on slicks...
Yeah it is probably the most scary thing that i have ever done. I had one track that i actually was able to ride laps on with close to the full throttle open through the whole lap. It's absolutely nuts to ride a 500cc bike that weighs next to nothing and have a fence that could kill you if things go wrong(none of the tracks i rode had the air bags in the turns).

With that said. Anyone can try it. It's not dangerous when you're slow(also not fun). The riding gets dangerous when you as a beginner take the step to actually charging into the corners, those first few tries are scary as hell!
PressPassP
5/9/2018 10:58am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 11:02am
philG wrote:
I have had offers to try it, but really dont have the stones for it.. that said i will send it for fun on dirt on...
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah it is probably the most scary thing that i have ever done. I had one track that i actually was able to ride laps on...
Yeah it is probably the most scary thing that i have ever done. I had one track that i actually was able to ride laps on with close to the full throttle open through the whole lap. It's absolutely nuts to ride a 500cc bike that weighs next to nothing and have a fence that could kill you if things go wrong(none of the tracks i rode had the air bags in the turns).

With that said. Anyone can try it. It's not dangerous when you're slow(also not fun). The riding gets dangerous when you as a beginner take the step to actually charging into the corners, those first few tries are scary as hell!
That's cool,its certainly a buzz eh,it has to be tried if the chance is there.
I raced too,as a job for over a decade until my nasty accident.It took me all over the country for many clubs and Europe.Tough learning curve coming from MX,totally diferrent and crashing hurt you and the bike way more too!

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/9/2018 2:18pm
I raced speedway for a summer when I had shoulder surgery, lots of fun but the track at IMI was a rock hard blue groove track that it was hard to get sideways.

hillbilly
5/9/2018 8:23pm
hillbilly wrote:

NickiP will be there ..... he is only taking a few days off haha ......... he is a wrongun for sure but pure box office! He...
NickiP will be there ..... he is only taking a few days off haha ......... he is a wrongun for sure but pure box office! He is a born windup.... I was at a press conference for a Danish World Team Cup win years ago and he was doing everything he could to start trouble with the Brits

I'm hoping they have his bikes more up to scratch this season.... his early season results certainly suggest so

in case you dont know ....the issues with country can usually be remedied with a VPN...
Vpn?

I am pretty basic,lol

Post a reply to: No worries about your racing fix,speedwaygp starts next weekend

The Latest