LEKKER

|

5/6/2018 8:43 AM

Now were talking cool
Photo

|

Ed Johnson

5/6/2018 12:00 PM

Purest form of motorcycle racing there is.

No brakes.4, guys 4, laps,race every competitor then top 8 into the semis.

Touch a rider he falls you are dq

First race in Poland where they been couped up for months.

Would love to be there with chainsaw and vodka.

|

5/6/2018 12:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 12:04 PM

And Speedway fans are frikkin rabid. At least the Euro's are.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/6/2018 12:16 PM

plowboy wrote:

And Speedway fans are frikkin rabid. At least the Euro's are.

Yeah i watched a few races from the Polish league. Some of the teams have legit ultras as fans, just like the soccer teams.

|

5/6/2018 2:13 PM

Best race of several
|

5/6/2018 2:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 3:32 PM

Me in 2013. I haven't been on a bike since 2014. I still have one bike left, i should try it out in the summer.

It's funny how i'm not scared of jumping 30m long jumps but riding a speedway turn made me scared. That was one of the main reasons why i quit.

Photo

|

5/6/2018 3:10 PM

Hopefully Doyley can defend this year.

|

5/7/2018 8:22 AM

hillbilly wrote:

Best race of several

WORTH WATCHING JUST HEAR THAT ANNOUNCER

|

SHORTER OF BREATH
ONE DAY CLOSER TO DEATH

5/7/2018 12:44 PM

Can't wait for it... the field is stacked this year!

Should be interesting to see how the old boys Greg Hancock & Nicki Pedersen do

|

5/7/2018 1:18 PM

Is there a way to watch these races in the US? My dad loves this stuff, but he hasn't been able to find it on TV for several years.

|

5/7/2018 1:30 PM

darkbelow13 wrote:

Is there a way to watch these races in the US? My dad loves this stuff, but he hasn't been able to find it on TV for several years.

I used to watch this and AX on speedtv back in the late 90s 2wheelTuesday. Loved it, haven't watched in years

|

5/7/2018 1:36 PM

darkbelow13 wrote:

early wrote:

I used to watch this and AX on speedtv back in the late 90s 2wheelTuesday. Loved it, haven't watched in years

Yeah, I think he used to watch it on the Speed channel as well but hasn't been able to find it since it went away.

|

5/7/2018 2:02 PM

Our Costa Mesa track is about to get underway. Can't start soon enough

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/7/2018 2:12 PM

hillbilly wrote:

Oh yeah

so how Is the best way to watch, and what channels might it be on.

|

victim

5/7/2018 3:14 PM

Speedwaygp.com streams it free on YouTube.

I had some issues as far as country sometimes but people throw it up.

I will post the link if it gets blacked out here.

There is a countdown clock on the site.

Nikki broke his hand last weekend,give him an excuse when he takes someone out I guess. Dude ain't right,he has a mirror in his pit to check his look.lol

|

5/7/2018 3:15 PM

|

5/7/2018 6:00 PM

hillbilly wrote:

Nikki broke his hand last weekend,give him an excuse when he takes someone out I guess. Dude ain't right,he has a mirror in his pit to check his look.lol

Thanks!

|

5/7/2018 8:19 PM

Speedway rules!
And Kelv and Nige are the best commentators out there haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

5/8/2018 7:09 AM

hillbilly wrote:

NickiP will be there ..... he is only taking a few days off haha ......... he is a wrongun for sure but pure box office! He is a born windup.... I was at a press conference for a Danish World Team Cup win years ago and he was doing everything he could to start trouble with the Brits

I'm hoping they have his bikes more up to scratch this season.... his early season results certainly suggest so

in case you dont know ....the issues with country can usually be remedied with a VPN...

|

5/8/2018 7:52 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Me in 2013. I haven't been on a bike since 2014. I still have one bike left, i should try it out in the summer.

It's funny how i'm not scared of jumping 30m long jumps but riding a speedway turn made me scared. That was one of the main reasons why i quit.

Photo

Hell yeah Finne! Great form

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/8/2018 8:20 AM

We had Speedway racing here in Ventura when I was in High School. Use to go every week.

I always watched Speedway when it was on Speed TV also. Going to try and find a way to watch these. Hopefully the You Tube feed will work. Are they archived so you can watch them anytime?

Looking forward to it.

|

5/8/2018 9:24 AM

motoman617 wrote:

We had Speedway racing here in Ventura when I was in High School. Use to go every week.

I always watched Speedway when it was on Speed TV also. Going to try and find a way to watch these. Hopefully the You Tube feed will work. Are they archived so you can watch them anytime?

Looking forward to it.

sure...

here is rd1 from last season

this was the schedule for 2017

Photo

|

5/8/2018 10:58 AM

My wife has been going nuts since the start of March waiting for the season to start.

|

5/8/2018 11:09 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Photo

I have had offers to try it, but really dont have the stones for it.. that said i will send it for fun on dirt on slicks...

|

5/8/2018 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2018 12:43 PM

philG wrote:

I have had offers to try it, but really dont have the stones for it.. that said i will send it for fun on dirt on slicks...

Yeah it is probably the most scary thing that i have ever done. I had one track that i actually was able to ride laps on with close to the full throttle open through the whole lap. It's absolutely nuts to ride a 500cc bike that weighs next to nothing and have a fence that could kill you if things go wrong(none of the tracks i rode had the air bags in the turns).

With that said. Anyone can try it. It's not dangerous when you're slow(also not fun). The riding gets dangerous when you as a beginner take the step to actually charging into the corners, those first few tries are scary as hell!

|

5/9/2018 6:59 AM

always liked the shale in Finland Motofinne ... there's not many places you get that nice grey

so this wasn't the GP's but there aren't many better races than this ... could have thrown a blanket over them

|

5/9/2018 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2018 11:02 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Photo

philG wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah it is probably the most scary thing that i have ever done. I had one track that i actually was able to ride laps on with close to the full throttle open through the whole lap. It's absolutely nuts to ride a 500cc bike that weighs next to nothing and have a fence that could kill you if things go wrong(none of the tracks i rode had the air bags in the turns).

With that said. Anyone can try it. It's not dangerous when you're slow(also not fun). The riding gets dangerous when you as a beginner take the step to actually charging into the corners, those first few tries are scary as hell!

That's cool,its certainly a buzz eh,it has to be tried if the chance is there.
I raced too,as a job for over a decade until my nasty accident.It took me all over the country for many clubs and Europe.Tough learning curve coming from MX,totally diferrent and crashing hurt you and the bike way more too!

Photo

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

5/9/2018 2:18 PM

I raced speedway for a summer when I had shoulder surgery, lots of fun but the track at IMI was a rock hard blue groove track that it was hard to get sideways.
Photo
Photo

|

Ed Johnson