No way Mac should race...

8k4x6f
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 4:54am
I thought if race was red flagged for that rider they were out.
Im a fan of him. Btw
|
maxer
Fantasy
364th
4/13/2021 6:03pm
I cant believe he's still alive, that was gnarly
LungButter
4/13/2021 6:05pm
8k4x6f wrote:
Im a fan of him. Btw
That's kinda what I assumed too but it seems like the AMA signed off on it ?
ProKawi24
4/13/2021 6:07pm
Medical staff cleared him...let him race.

So much respect for this guy, he is a fucking badass dude. I was already a fan but now...holy shit.

And he nearly just pulled the holeshot....you sir are a gladiator.
Nairb#70
4/13/2021 6:33pm
Super bad ass mo fugger, but he does have a carreer and a life left to live.

The Shop

8k4x6f
4/13/2021 6:43pm
I mean.. wow
I thought i heard that was a “rule” in the past, was definitely wrong as they let him race.
Amazing performance by 31! Holy crap!
He had to have had a concussion though. Worst crash caught on camera?
4/13/2021 6:52pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Medical staff cleared him...let him race. So much respect for this guy, he is a fucking badass dude. I was already a fan but now...holy shit...

So much respect for this guy, he is a fucking badass dude. I was already a fan but now...holy shit.

Cleared him on the side of a very loud, shadow-ridden stadium in what 15 min? ...... yeah I don't think I would trust that its doctors approved! wow
4/13/2021 6:56pm
8k4x6f wrote:
I mean.. wow I thought i heard that was a “rule” in the past, was definitely wrong as they let him race. Amazing performance by 31...
I mean.. wow
I thought i heard that was a “rule” in the past, was definitely wrong as they let him race.
Amazing performance by 31! Holy crap!
He had to have had a concussion though. Worst crash caught on camera?
If the guy has a concussion he shouldn't be on the track at all.
C.Worthy
4/13/2021 6:58pm
erustonmi wrote:
No one is disputing that at all. You realize they aren’t allowed to race if they are concussed right?
4/13/2021 6:59pm
8k4x6f wrote:
Im a fan of him. Btw
They make exceptions, I mean hey it is called Monster Energy Supercross.... you get do-overs if you're on a monster bike.
4/13/2021 7:02pm
erustonmi wrote:
C.Worthy wrote:
No one is disputing that at all. You realize they aren’t allowed to race if they are concussed right?
you get there is not a chance they could determine in a stadium with hundreds of screaming people if someone has a concussion right? ... it's not proper protocol for the test. should have sat out of race point-blank.
C.Worthy
4/13/2021 7:07pm
erustonmi wrote:
you get there is not a chance they could determine in a stadium with hundreds of screaming people if someone has a concussion right? ... it's...
you get there is not a chance they could determine in a stadium with hundreds of screaming people if someone has a concussion right? ... it's not proper protocol for the test. should have sat out of race point-blank.
Can you please explain their protocols. Line by line. Thanks
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
4/13/2021 7:24pm
erustonmi wrote:
you get there is not a chance they could determine in a stadium with hundreds of screaming people if someone has a concussion right? ... it's...
It’s possible to fall and not get concussed. You can also hit your head and not get concussed. There is also a medical truck there where he can be inside to he checked.
DonM
4/13/2021 7:28pm
It appears Jt Moto is back....
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/13/2021 7:29pm
They should’ve at least gave him a new helmet, that one definitely did it’s job...
ProKawi24
4/13/2021 7:31pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Medical staff cleared him...let him race. So much respect for this guy, he is a fucking badass dude. I was already a fan but now...holy shit...

erustonmi wrote:
Cleared him on the side of a very loud, shadow-ridden stadium in what 15 min? ...... yeah I don't think I would trust that its doctors...
Cleared him on the side of a very loud, shadow-ridden stadium in what 15 min? ...... yeah I don't think I would trust that its doctors approved! wow
Would less shadows give them a better idea of him being able to continue riding?

Very loud? The attendance was about half that of a normal stadium race in a closed building...this was out in the open. So open in fact that we could all clearly hear him responding to the questions on the tv broadcast.

Anything else you wanna try?
Fourth_Floor
4/13/2021 7:37pm
erustonmi wrote:
C.Worthy wrote:
erustonmi wrote:
Well clearly who ever cleared him was right. The dude raced, didn't cause any incidents and finished on the podium. Let's be glad you don't work for the A-stars medical crew.
ca23
Fantasy
2504th
4/13/2021 7:38pm

dkurtd
4/13/2021 7:49pm
erustonmi wrote:
C.Worthy wrote:
erustonmi wrote:
Seeing how you know so much about medical protocols, please post your medical degree diploma. Vital would like to see it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/13/2021 7:51pm
C.Worthy wrote:
erustonmi wrote:
dkurtd wrote:
Seeing how you know so much about medical protocols, please post your medical degree diploma. Vital would like to see it.
Google University degree? Grinning
dkurtd
4/13/2021 7:57pm
erustonmi wrote:
dkurtd wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Google University degree? Grinning
I'm sure he's listed under the Notable Alumni here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringling_Bros._and_Barnum_%26_Bailey_Clow…
APLMAN99
4/13/2021 9:36pm
erustonmi wrote:
C.Worthy wrote:
erustonmi wrote:
And yet you are somehow able to diagnose him with a concussion from your couch......

Makes sense.
ShawdowGlen
4/13/2021 11:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2021 11:38pm
Cooper Webb/Arlington 2020 - That was a gnarly crash
Cameron Macadoo/Atlanta2 2021 - Hold my beer.

Huge respect to Wackers....what a tough son-of-a-bitch.
Even bigger fan now.

Stoop
Fantasy
912th
4/14/2021 12:23am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 12:23am
So anyone that goes down in the first corner next race should lay there like they’re hurt until the red comes out then, boom back up on your bike for the re start. Precedent set.
DAG
4/14/2021 12:38am
Concussion sure is important but what about internal bleeding that could be an issue with a hit that hard? Not a doctor or anything medical but seems he could have really done alot of potential damage that couldn't be diagnosed trackside by lining back up and hauling ass for 15min. High heart rate and internal injuries dont seem like they would mix well. I agree it looks like it was an ok call this time and impressive as hell to watch but I dont think it should become the standard.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
4/14/2021 4:32am
Stoop wrote:
So anyone that goes down in the first corner next race should lay there like they’re hurt until the red comes out then, boom back up...
So anyone that goes down in the first corner next race should lay there like they’re hurt until the red comes out then, boom back up on your bike for the re start. Precedent set.
I thought the same and I'm pretty sure there's a rule in other series. But looks like the rule in SX is that it's the race director's call. If he thinks the rider is purposely causing a red flag (by staying on the ground) he can keep him from entering the restart.
diz330
4/14/2021 4:49am
I guess at the final round if Justin cooper is somehow behind in points and gets a bad start he can pretend to crash and not be able to get up on a face of a triple then red flag the race and he can start to slowly feel better and then get up and get another chance at a hole shot.
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
4/14/2021 4:51am
diz330 wrote:
I guess at the final round if Justin cooper is somehow behind in points and gets a bad start he can pretend to crash and not...
I guess at the final round if Justin cooper is somehow behind in points and gets a bad start he can pretend to crash and not be able to get up on a face of a triple then red flag the race and he can start to slowly feel better and then get up and get another chance at a hole shot.
This. Exactly.
4/14/2021 4:54am
Stoop wrote:
So anyone that goes down in the first corner next race should lay there like they’re hurt until the red comes out then, boom back up...
Haha that’s what I thought. McAdoo is still a badass, but he literally needed 4 people to help him walk then all of a sudden red flag and he’s better and back on the starting line. Weird

Post a reply to: No way Mac should race...

The Latest