No suzukis at Argentina

ajv#26
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 7:45pm
Not a single suzuki at Argentina mx2 or mxgp... sad!!
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/3/2019 10:46am
Nobody really wants to race a mildly updated 2008 bike
But man, they really are good bikes. They are a good overall package. Especially for the average guy.
3/3/2019 10:51am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
But man, they really are good bikes. They are a good overall package. Especially for the average guy.
I agree. For a guy like me I feel a 450 is a bit much and I think the Suzuki would be a really good choice since it’s not as powerful as the rest and it would be easier to ride. But at the top level I feel they need the latest & greatest. It’s crazy how Suzuki has been somewhat out of it in Europe
tek14
3/3/2019 11:14am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXGP is not for average guys thats why not any Suzukis racing there.

The Shop

RTDRacing
3/3/2019 11:59am
Suzuki doesn't care about SX. They are a multi billion dollar company with way more than just dirt bikes. Dirt bikes are a tiny market for them, why pour money into something that isn't.worth their time??
BobPA
3/3/2019 12:31pm
RTDRacing wrote:
Suzuki doesn't care about SX. They are a multi billion dollar company with way more than just dirt bikes. Dirt bikes are a tiny market for...
Suzuki doesn't care about SX. They are a multi billion dollar company with way more than just dirt bikes. Dirt bikes are a tiny market for them, why pour money into something that isn't.worth their time??
Fantastic logic...
flatout111
3/3/2019 1:07pm
It's as shame.I remember seeing Seewer's bike at an MXGP race and it was a piece of art. All the bikes are good enough for me. I choose KTM for the light feel and honestly the looks. Suzuki's as a whole are the next best looking in any paddock and sometimes the best. Presentation does matter and what they lack in some areas they make up for in others. Except they do need E start and to trim down. Those are a given.
Nuffsaid
3/3/2019 1:50pm
Suzuki should offer Big Ken and Butron a bargin basement contract, they wouldn’t score many points but just the elbow entertainment would keep the product in the limelight Cool
Mm471
3/3/2019 6:57pm
You can’t blame the riders when Suzuki pulled the funding for it all, no teams or riders want a bike with no support especially traveling the world
wfoskir
3/3/2019 9:09pm
The average guy doesn't want to kick start his bike. Hell, who really does want to kick start their bikes!?
GregDVT
3/3/2019 10:45pm
wfoskir wrote:
The average guy doesn't want to kick start his bike. Hell, who really does want to kick start their bikes!?
Don’t stall and it’s not an issue Wink
Doddy
3/4/2019 12:02am
Hey now.....

3/4/2019 12:24am
It's a bummer that they are not participating in the sport at the requisite level to have a single pro competitor in a top level event.

They truly have made some fantastic equipment over the years and advanced the competitive portions of the sport at many points. It is hard to forget that Decoster, Carmichael, Everts and more greats have strong Suzuki legacies.
3/4/2019 2:58pm
What do you call a kawi?
A better bike if your a serious racer
Hmm

Hard to make that argument seeing as a Kawasaki is a glossed over 2009 machine that uses the same base engine architecture as the 2004 Suzuki engine both OEMS started with.

It just has a far better press standing seeing how PC makes them win a lot (although not winning that much last 6-7 years until this year)

In europe - the Kawasaki 250f hasn't been all that successful - and it could be easily argued the rmz has more success in Europe than the kx (250f class)

I'd take both the rmz or the kx as my base starting package to go racing - I see them as equal.
I wouldn't pick them over a ktm or yzf by any stretch - that's a different argument.

Not to mention Dixon's kawasaki, or bud's - might as well be called a DIXON bike - it's nothing along production lines.

I never fully understood some reviews or public "opinion" on the rmz. It's "outdated". Sure - they don't change the frame paint color every year (ktm).
And sure - the engine is/was long in the tooth (kawaski too)
But the chassis is a good chassis. Why go change that? It's argued the new one is WORSE for the avg joe.

And the plastic design WAY BACK in 2009 - was SO FAR AHEAD of it's time - the other bikes are just NOW going angular and small number plates like suzuki did. I mean what's next, no plastic?

perception drives this industry - far more than reality. If suzuki COULD/WOULD put together the budget and staff they used to - they would win. But from a dollars and sense standpoint - none of these teams make any of either.

They don't sell enough mx bikes to cover the cost of these US based race programs.
3/4/2019 3:09pm
wfoskir wrote:
GregDVT wrote:
Don’t stall and it’s not an issue Wink
Hmmm saw many a Pro Supercross rider madly kicking on the weekend :-)
DonM
3/4/2019 3:13pm
RTDRacing wrote:
Suzuki doesn't care about SX. They are a multi billion dollar company with way more than just dirt bikes. Dirt bikes are a tiny market for...
And Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda aren’t....an FYI all large Japanese company’s are mult-facited and have many divisions totally unrelated to the other....automobiles, heavy industries, musical instruments...just to name a few that Japanese motorcycle companies are involved in...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/4/2019 3:14pm
What do you call a kawi?
Hmm Hard to make that argument seeing as a Kawasaki is a glossed over 2009 machine that uses the same base engine architecture as the 2004...
Hmm

Hard to make that argument seeing as a Kawasaki is a glossed over 2009 machine that uses the same base engine architecture as the 2004 Suzuki engine both OEMS started with.

It just has a far better press standing seeing how PC makes them win a lot (although not winning that much last 6-7 years until this year)

In europe - the Kawasaki 250f hasn't been all that successful - and it could be easily argued the rmz has more success in Europe than the kx (250f class)

I'd take both the rmz or the kx as my base starting package to go racing - I see them as equal.
I wouldn't pick them over a ktm or yzf by any stretch - that's a different argument.

Not to mention Dixon's kawasaki, or bud's - might as well be called a DIXON bike - it's nothing along production lines.

I never fully understood some reviews or public "opinion" on the rmz. It's "outdated". Sure - they don't change the frame paint color every year (ktm).
But the chassis is a good chassis. Why go change that? It's argued the new one is WORSE for the avg joe.

And the plastic design WAY BACK in 2009 - was SO FAR AHEAD of it's time - the other bikes are just NOW going angular and small number plates like suzuki did. I mean what's next, no plastic?

perception drives this industry - far more than reality. If suzuki COULD/WOULD put together the budget and staff they used to - they would win. But from a dollars and sense standpoint - none of these teams make any of either.

They don't sell enough mx bikes to cover the cost of these US based race programs.
When mentioning the engines not being much different, are you referring to the 250f or 450? I like this type of info so any time I can add to my knowledge, I want to hear more.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/4/2019 3:16pm
Hmm Hard to make that argument seeing as a Kawasaki is a glossed over 2009 machine that uses the same base engine architecture as the 2004...
Hmm

mattyhamz2 wrote:
When mentioning the engines not being much different, are you referring to the 250f or 450? I like this type of info so any time I...
When mentioning the engines not being much different, are you referring to the 250f or 450? I like this type of info so any time I can add to my knowledge, I want to hear more.
He's talking about the 250.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/4/2019 3:23pm
Hmm

mattyhamz2 wrote:
When mentioning the engines not being much different, are you referring to the 250f or 450? I like this type of info so any time I...
ML512 wrote:
He's talking about the 250.
Thanks ML. Thought so, but I'd rather ask than assume Smile
Question
3/4/2019 3:24pm
They are actually fortunate Reed is their top rider and ambassador. That way it still looks ok. Just imagine how bad it would look if Reed was not yellow.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/4/2019 3:35pm
A few will drop away, you won't see the HEP team or Cole Martinez chasing outdoors...so that'll drop four.
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/4/2019 3:38pm
I wonder how much cheaper it is to run a season of 450sx vs mxgp, not including rider salaries. I bet it's pretty significant. Mxgp doesn't seem like a very good value imo. Suzuki has a MotoGP team that is bringing them motorcycle racing credibility they need around the world so no need for mxgp for them.
3/4/2019 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2019 3:53pm
early wrote:
I wonder how much cheaper it is to run a season of 450sx vs mxgp, not including rider salaries. I bet it's pretty significant. Mxgp doesn't...
I wonder how much cheaper it is to run a season of 450sx vs mxgp, not including rider salaries. I bet it's pretty significant. Mxgp doesn't seem like a very good value imo. Suzuki has a MotoGP team that is bringing them motorcycle racing credibility they need around the world so no need for mxgp for them.
I think mxgp is cheaper.

I do NOT KNOW - but I believe you pay on to a shared container for the fly away races that MXGP somewhat provides...
to get the stuff shipped.

I heard numbers all the time that seem close to one another - so must be right.
US based SX team WITHOUT rider salary but WITH team staff salary, travel, logistics, wraps, bikes, parts etc
2-4 million a year and I think that is largely contingent on how well you want to do it.
But a privateer effort that goes to all 17 rounds with an 18 wheeler - has 3 riders, the proper staff (driver, 3 mechanics, manager etc) is easily over 1 million and I think that was the old BTO team's (the BBMX hondas) price range.

I'd bet club mx is doing it for 500k or so on east coast - but how their program works isn't cut and dry.
The rider's are probably laregly responsible for most of their own side of things - and they are using the club facility "free" where as a factory team has their own tracks that is part of the budget.
How Club is accounting that I don't know. It's feasible the actual money they are "spending" is 150-200k if you don't count in a few of the other ways they are operating as expenditures.

I have helped a couple privateers - to go race all of east coast out of a sprinter required around 50k base minimum not including bike costs if I remember right.

I believe lemoine was raising like 250k-300k a year at JAB - again total guess.

Post a reply to: No suzukis at Argentina

The Latest