No more AMA nationals?

I've heard it from pingree now a couple of times and heard rumors but I want to see if anyone else has heard anything about it. Supposedly feld wants to add to the supercross series and take it global which is cool. However they plan on killing off the AMA nationals which is isn't cool at all. I've been going to the nationals since 1988 and it would be terrible if it happened. Anybody else have any truth to this rumor.
|
gnarwhip
2/17/2017 12:13pm
Lol Gels always says weird shit like that. Fuckin Gels...he's nuts bro
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/17/2017 12:32pm
This has been discussed many times...

Yes, it's true !! Make it a point to go to as many as you can in the next two years, they might be gone after 2018.
C.Worthy
2/17/2017 12:33pm
Wouldn't overseas kill off the privateer as we'll as the privateer satellite teams? If it's true it seems like the decision would benefit feld's bank account and kill off/shrink MX and put privateers at a disadvantage. Great for the sport bro! Errr I mean great for their bank account!

The Shop

mx836
2/17/2017 12:37pm
C.Worthy wrote:
Wouldn't overseas kill off the privateer as we'll as the privateer satellite teams? If it's true it seems like the decision would benefit feld's bank account...
Wouldn't overseas kill off the privateer as we'll as the privateer satellite teams? If it's true it seems like the decision would benefit feld's bank account and kill off/shrink MX and put privateers at a disadvantage. Great for the sport bro! Errr I mean great for their bank account!
Unfortunately they are the ones with all the power. How this clown shown could ruin the Nationals is sad to think about. IT'S NOT WHAT THE FANS WANT! It's because of greed. As if they aren't rich enough already.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/17/2017 12:40pm
C.Worthy wrote:
Wouldn't overseas kill off the privateer as we'll as the privateer satellite teams? If it's true it seems like the decision would benefit feld's bank account...
maybe, just maybe, all the privateer satellite teams and true privateers would so f%#@ supercross and stick with the nationals. Can you imagine how great the racing could potentially be??
Sidecar
2/17/2017 12:52pm
It sounds very similar to what's happened to the would be privateer GP riders over here, GPs have become so elite that only the top 20 or so factory supported riders can do a whole series (hence the 20ish rider gates at the fly away races) meaning championships like the Maxxis British champs and our winter arena cross series have great home based riders and teams that 20 years ago would have been GP riders but now make a living in the UK and it does provide excellent racing.
wasummer46
2/17/2017 1:00pm
Lets start an online petition to boycott this BS!!!

This is all about money, same reason they don't provide more dirt, purse money.
All greed with FELD. how are you supposed to "grow the sport"
by having Tom, Dick, and Harry buy a bike and go to their local "supercross" track?
Then have one of them get jumped over and I guarantee they never come back.

It's no wonder they have owned Wringling Bros circus since the 60's
Look what they did to supercross. sell outs
Mr. Info
2/17/2017 1:01pm
If it were to happen I hope all the tracks can sustain losing the Nationals and no close down. But do you think Feld has that kind of power. Who would be left riding them at the end of a 25 race SX series. Its not racing its gladiator fighting to the last one standing.
Titan1
2/17/2017 1:06pm
If the supercross series is any longer how many people will be injured and on the sidelines by the time the series is over...take out privateers and satellite teams (because no way they can travel over the oceans), and the last round there is two bikes on the line.

wasummer46
2/17/2017 1:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
If the supercross series is any longer how many people will be injured and on the sidelines by the time the series is over...take out privateers...
If the supercross series is any longer how many people will be injured and on the sidelines by the time the series is over...take out privateers and satellite teams (because no way they can travel over the oceans), and the last round there is two bikes on the line.

EXACLTY!!!! Look at the injury report each week. There is ALWAYS a longer list during supercross.
Now you want to add more races? and over seas? I'm sorry but the overseas part it ludacris!!!
Moto810
2/17/2017 1:15pm
I say let Feld and Mx Sports work together on SX. After that happens lets get the tracks together to put on a new grass roots Pro motocross series. I don't know how some of you feel but I would love to go out and watch 40 of the fastest privateers race! The core sport should rally around itself and move forward with their own outdoor series.
2/17/2017 1:18pm
Money talks.

I say let sx take over... but up the purse money and make it a real show. multi moto mains, dash for cash hot laps, 250 main winner vs 450 main winner head to head 2 lapper... whatever!

The bigger the circus the better...

Something will pop up to take place of nationals, maybe a regional 6 race 2stroke national etc
TeamGreen
2/17/2017 1:18pm
Last I heard...

There was an agreement out there that said...

SX runs thru certain months (Winter-Spring) and MX runs thru certain months (Summer-Fall)...so...there's always that.

This is where someone chimes in about when spring-summer ends/starts...etc. No worries...I'm using "approx." terminology.
Clutchy
2/17/2017 1:25pm
This is complete bullcrap....!!!!!

MX is core, I'm willing to sacrifice to 3 strokes but I'm MX is core. Did I mention MX is core and this is bullcrap. Glug glug glug.... Burp....... Core gad dammed it
aroark247
2/17/2017 1:26pm
Exactly. One day I was pondering that... Why doesn't the SX series visit Hawaii? I'm sure it would pull a huge crowd and be an awesome venue and it's part of the U.S.
Then I thought oh yeah travel would be a bitch with access to big rigs and such..almost no privateers could afford to do it and logistically it wouldn't make sense/ be a pain in the ass. These sound like legit reasons for why there is no Hawaii round.

Now... We won't do that, but hey guys let's go global with this shit (sarcasm) so that we can endure this headache for half the series. By the way what would make Feld believe that it would be sooo lucrative?? Because of the success of the SMX race? nope that can't be it. Is it because of the packed tiny arena's for the off season Europe races? Sense this does not make.

Our factory riders have enough issues legally visa/passport wise just going to Canada
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
2/17/2017 1:38pm
My shot in the dark is that the SX series will change to start the season at Monster Cup and still have it end at the same time in May.
kkawboy14
2/17/2017 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2017 2:21pm
C.Worthy wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Unfortunately they are the ones with all the power. How this clown shown could ruin the Nationals is sad to think about. IT'S NOT WHAT THE...
Unfortunately they are the ones with all the power. How this clown shown could ruin the Nationals is sad to think about. IT'S NOT WHAT THE FANS WANT! It's because of greed. As if they aren't rich enough already.
Many pros don't care about the nationals. Unless they have it in their contract to do it, or care about a better national number, it just isn't that good for the riders.

If the outdoors want to exist they can, they would need to triple the payouts and draw the riders even if the sx's are on those weekends. They run on Saturday night, run the outdoors on Sunday close to where the sx runs.
mb60
2/17/2017 2:21pm
Bring back the Trans Am series starting in Sept through November. You could even run a couple of races in Canada as well. Get rid of the AMA period and let's get a few guys from across the pond to do battle with the best america has to offer.
elementmx
2/17/2017 2:28pm
i much prefer outdoors to supercross. supercross is cool and fun but im sick of it by the midpoint of the series. hell even the riders are over it by the end of the ridiculously long sx series.

i think there would be quite a pushback by TRUE fans and likely some riders.

I would boycott supercross entirely, and as many brands that support sx only as i could.

if some second rate outdoor series popped up id spend my money there and be fine with it. i enjoy watching a good local pro race almost as much anyways.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
2/17/2017 2:31pm
mb60 wrote:
Bring back the Trans Am series starting in Sept through November. You could even run a couple of races in Canada as well. Get rid of...
Bring back the Trans Am series starting in Sept through November. You could even run a couple of races in Canada as well. Get rid of the AMA period and let's get a few guys from across the pond to do battle with the best america has to offer.
I like the way you think! Cool
kkawboy14
2/17/2017 2:32pm
elementmx wrote:
i much prefer outdoors to supercross. supercross is cool and fun but im sick of it by the midpoint of the series. hell even the riders...
i much prefer outdoors to supercross. supercross is cool and fun but im sick of it by the midpoint of the series. hell even the riders are over it by the end of the ridiculously long sx series.

i think there would be quite a pushback by TRUE fans and likely some riders.

I would boycott supercross entirely, and as many brands that support sx only as i could.

if some second rate outdoor series popped up id spend my money there and be fine with it. i enjoy watching a good local pro race almost as much anyways.
If sx was all you had, you would boycott it for about 10 minutes
WhiteTaco
2/17/2017 2:47pm
I can't believe how quick some are to just walk away from the roots of our sport in favor of the SX circus that's going to the monster jam model. Why do they have to act as if motocross doesn't exist, never mentioning it? And I'm sorry but the twitter pics segment is embarrassing and cringe worthy. This is not a dig at the young lady hosting the segment; its a dig at the content/idea...it's dumb. Have her interview a mechanic, manager, a rider, a riders hot wife, ANYONE, just please stop.

When the time comes that they do kill mx, the only recourse we consumers who care have is not attending or tuning in to SX.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
2/17/2017 3:04pm
How could FELD ever kill motocross? They can't. They aren't bigger than the sport. Even if they expanded their Supercross series into the summer months, they can't stop the outdoor nationals. Teams and riders will have to make a choice where to go.

Even if all of the factory teams kept their rigs and riders at the Supercross, people will still show up to the nationals to race and the racing will be great. If enough people are interested in watching then they'll find a way to broadcast it. If enough people aren't interested... well then maybe that is what people should be upset about.

People whining about "greed" are hilarious. Pro racing in general is full of people doing what's in the best interest for themselves and their organizations. I don't blame them, it's what they're doing for a living. It isn't a charity event to support amateur motocross. I wish they would do things to support the casual, amateur side of the sport more but they rarely ever do.
Fat Fingers
2/17/2017 3:15pm
Remember that game you had when you were a kid and you hit a block with a hammer and another one pops up.

The same thing will happen here, Feld can kill the nationals but if mx fans want a motocross series, something else will come up in its place. It might take a year or 2 but things evolve and adapt.
mx836
2/17/2017 4:34pm
C.Worthy wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Unfortunately they are the ones with all the power. How this clown shown could ruin the Nationals is sad to think about. IT'S NOT WHAT THE...
kkawboy14 wrote:
Many pros don't care about the nationals. Unless they have it in their contract to do it, or care about a better national number, it just...
Many pros don't care about the nationals. Unless they have it in their contract to do it, or care about a better national number, it just isn't that good for the riders.

If the outdoors want to exist they can, they would need to triple the payouts and draw the riders even if the sx's are on those weekends. They run on Saturday night, run the outdoors on Sunday close to where the sx runs.
I don't care what the pros care about or any reason why somebody thinks it is a good idea to get rid of the nationals. Nationals going away would be a joke and a disgrace to the sport!
bsharkey
2/17/2017 4:39pm
no way that will happen. that would kill the sport period in every way
level
2/17/2017 4:40pm
It's not.the worst idea. It would give riders a chance to race one series or the next. It woudlnt be the ama nationals but something would pop up. It would allow more people to have a profession as a racer and the big dogs would probably stick with sx or go with the most money. I kind of like it.
zehn
2/17/2017 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2017 4:45pm
Why couldn't they have regional circuits like they do for the 250 classes? Have a North American SX circuit and a European SX circuit that is only 8 races.

I seriously doubt the American factory teams could pony up an extra couple hundred thousand $$$ to make the trip to Europe for an additional 2+ months.

Post a reply to: No more AMA nationals?

The Latest