No gluten, no dairy, and only meat once a week?

IWreckALot
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2014 5:48pm
No wonder it burns guys out. That's pretty intense but it's working obviously. I'd have to guess that Chipotle's stock might have taken a hit when Roczen signed with Baker.

I'm guessing Roczen eats a lot of avocados and black beans for his protein? Fruits and vegetables seem like it wouldn't cut it with his diet. What else would be approved under this diet? And what is the reason for not allowing chicken and fish more often? Or did they mean red meat only once a week?
|
bd
7/5/2014 1:41pm
There is not a lot of protein in avocado -its a fruit. Avocado is great for "fats".

I am guessing they are getting their protein from spirulina, kale, chorella, rice, quinoa, hemp, beans etc. I'll bet money their bodies are breaking down foods far more efficient and productive than people who eat lots of red meats and processed foods. I am extremely curious about Baker's diet.
DownSouth
7/5/2014 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 1:43pm
They probably meant red meat. I would think Bakers program is chicken and fish most of the time, less fatty than the red meat.
bd
7/5/2014 1:45pm
DownSouth wrote:
They probably meant red meat. I would think Bakers program is chicken and fish most of the time, less fatty than the red meat.
I would agree - I am betting it was an error.
500guy
7/5/2014 1:51pm
I think the hardest part would be staying on the diet and traveling, You would almost need one person to follow you around and prepare what ever you eat.

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
7/5/2014 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 1:56pm
DownSouth wrote:
bd wrote:
I would agree - I am betting it was an error.
X3. Red meat takes a really long time to digest so a lot of blood gets channeled the stomach trying to digest, when it could be used for fueling muscles.
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
7/5/2014 1:59pm
If it fits your macros..
stewie94
7/5/2014 2:14pm
to me thats crazy, i can go a day without meat but eat meat only once a weak??? no sir , cant do that
hvaughn88
7/5/2014 2:21pm
stewie94 wrote:
to me thats crazy, i can go a day without meat but eat meat only once a weak??? no sir , cant do that
I used to think the same thing, then I tried going vegetarian for a few months and it was way easier than I expected. There are so many options out there. If your a "slab of steak" kind of guy like myself, portabello mushrooms can be your best friend. They can be prepared in many of the same ways as steak. By the way, I could tell a huge difference in how much better I felt all around. I still try to stay away from the red meat as much as possible.
Outsider
7/5/2014 2:34pm
I grilled a ribeye yesterday... it was fucking spectacular!!
7/5/2014 3:21pm
Outsider wrote:
this is why i wont be a national champion, i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee da steak
Jt$
7/5/2014 3:24pm
Red meat
Coyote
7/5/2014 3:35pm
bd wrote:
There is not a lot of protein in avocado -its a fruit. Avocado is great for "fats". I am guessing they are getting their protein from...
There is not a lot of protein in avocado -its a fruit. Avocado is great for "fats".

I am guessing they are getting their protein from spirulina, kale, chorella, rice, quinoa, hemp, beans etc. I'll bet money their bodies are breaking down foods far more efficient and productive than people who eat lots of red meats and processed foods. I am extremely curious about Baker's diet.
u can bet hes not the only one on this diet!! NO red meat, kale shakes in the a.m. (carrots, kale, spinach, dandelions) are a great way to start the day as its way easier for the body to absorb. NO processed foods, coconut water to drink as it has many if not all of the naturally occurring electrolytes for proper/faster hydration. Coconut water is so pure for over 60 years it has been used a a blood transfusion in areas where actual plasma is not available.
josh8811
7/5/2014 3:41pm
I was thinking the same things when I heard that. I'm pretty let serious about health, but that's a whole other lever.

Let's keep this going. Anyone with some good in site on this? I'm always looking for good ideas of ways to eat better.

Guess I need to drink some coconut water.
Bultaco
7/5/2014 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 5:00pm
Read Rich Roll's "Finding Ultra", and listen to his pod cast. Roll is 100% plant powered and an Ultra endurance guy that makes 45 min x 2 seem like a sprint. Between the podcast and his book it answers all the "protein" questions. And yes it works.
bd
7/5/2014 5:31pm
bd wrote:
There is not a lot of protein in avocado -its a fruit. Avocado is great for "fats". I am guessing they are getting their protein from...

Coyote wrote:
u can bet hes not the only one on this diet!! NO red meat, kale shakes in the a.m. (carrots, kale, spinach, dandelions) are a great...
u can bet hes not the only one on this diet!! NO red meat, kale shakes in the a.m. (carrots, kale, spinach, dandelions) are a great way to start the day as its way easier for the body to absorb. NO processed foods, coconut water to drink as it has many if not all of the naturally occurring electrolytes for proper/faster hydration. Coconut water is so pure for over 60 years it has been used a a blood transfusion in areas where actual plasma is not available.
Ohhh..... I agree. I willing to bet Tomac and Wilson are on similar diets. I know that Ryno uses superfoods. The one you speak of, raw organic coconut water mixed with spirulina is an amazing food. And you are correct about your coconut claim sir.
plowboy
7/5/2014 5:35pm
Gluten in excess (think processed food and most breads are bad shit). I can feel the difference when I load up on that delicious but nasty crap.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
7/5/2014 7:15pm
aldon pushes this pretty hard. k roc says he can really feel it working in the 2nd moto.

photo canomeat.jpg" class="img-fluid" />
IWreckALot
7/5/2014 8:17pm
Jt$ wrote:
Red meat
Thanks man. I was thinking that you'd be lacking SOMETHING if you went no meat at all. I can see chicken and fish being a regular meal. Although I imagine it's fish more than chicken. Still a pretty rigorous diet but I can see the necessity.

I gotta say that I love me a nice big hunk of steak and a nice baked potato with butter and cheese. And I like all sorts of diet. Makes you respect these guys commitment off the track as much as on the track.
7/5/2014 8:20pm
DownSouth wrote:
I don't think the goal is to cut out the fat. Fat is the best energy source you can eat. By cutting out all the carbs/sugars the body then needs the fat for energy.
plowboy
7/5/2014 8:21pm
aldon pushes this pretty hard. k roc says he can really feel it working in the 2nd moto. [img][/img]
aldon pushes this pretty hard. k roc says he can really feel it working in the 2nd moto.

photo canomeat.jpg" class="img-fluid" />
The finest guts a little bit of money can buy...lol.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
7/5/2014 8:42pm
Outsider wrote:
This. ^^

On occasion I will buy a big rib eye and grill half for lunch and the other half for dinner and then save a few pieces to fry up the next morning with eggs..
7/5/2014 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 9:01pm
I was diagnosed a Coeliac through blood testing and confirmed through a biopsy 10 years ago and all I know is it made a big difference to me. When going to restaurants in the early days and asking for GF it usually was met with a WTFYTAW look, very limited choice, getting dosed and sick for up to 2 weeks and not going out at all. As the years have gone by the public education got a lot better and so have the foods available and that was a great relieve. But now there is this new fad crap and people who resent that choice (for some) and so now a GF food order is met with a "uhh ohhh, GF fuckwit look!". It's enough to give anyone the shits!
c_dub
7/7/2014 2:21am
See Gary Taubes book "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It". Wheat Belly is another good one.

Sounds like Aldon is prescribing some variation of the paleo/low carb diet. IMO, good for him. I'd love to give that diet a serious attempt at some point, but I love me some gluten and dairy. I'm at a healthy weight and in relatively good shape (I think I lucked out in the gene dept. That I had was a very active child which set a tone for the rest of my life) so I'm not dying to try it so to speak. That and I'm obviously not a pro athlete looking for peak physical condition. Hopefully someday soon though. I know lots of people have had major success with it.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
7/7/2014 3:00am
Fine with me as long as there is enough beer on the menu. Besides, you can't remember what you ate after a few anyway so fire up that barbie and toss a cheese burger on there
davistld01
7/7/2014 7:02am
DownSouth wrote:
That's doable. I have pretty much "cleaned up" my diet in the last month or so...no red meat, no fried foods, no simple carbs, lots of fresh veggies & fruit...and a TON of water. I feel better than I have in years. Now, if I could only get my 55-year old "feeling better than I have in years" lazy butt into the gym and train...that would be a different story.
Mr. G
7/7/2014 7:10am
c_dub wrote:
See Gary Taubes book "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It". Wheat Belly is another good one. Sounds like Aldon is prescribing some...
See Gary Taubes book "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It". Wheat Belly is another good one.

Sounds like Aldon is prescribing some variation of the paleo/low carb diet. IMO, good for him. I'd love to give that diet a serious attempt at some point, but I love me some gluten and dairy. I'm at a healthy weight and in relatively good shape (I think I lucked out in the gene dept. That I had was a very active child which set a tone for the rest of my life) so I'm not dying to try it so to speak. That and I'm obviously not a pro athlete looking for peak physical condition. Hopefully someday soon though. I know lots of people have had major success with it.
Fruit and vegetables would be an all carb diet.
kev472
7/7/2014 7:17am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 10:41am
AS64 wrote:
If it fits your macros..
Yes please I would go nuts on a diet Where foods are excluded, the link below is a great example

http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/how-clean-eating-made-me-fat-b…
People are so easy to forget the mental aspect of a diet
Extreme measures often lead to eating disorders and binge eating

I'm not saying Aldon is wrong,he obviously produces or trains a lot of champions
But what you have to wonder is how much of roczen's performance increase is due to a better training program
Where before he was surfing etc
And how much is due to diet

Just my 2 cents anyway

Post a reply to: No gluten, no dairy, and only meat once a week?

The Latest