No fullsize kx 2 strokes for 2015

chump6784
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2014 3:58pm
Kawasaki have quashed rumours of a full size 2 stroke line up for 2015

Can you give us your thoughts on the resurgence of two-stroke machinery of late?

It’s certainly been a hot topic. Obviously there’s a place for two-strokes. There were some rumours going around that even Kawasaki was bringing back two-strokes into the mix, but I can tell you categorically we’re not. That’s been discussed. People obviously took some comments out of context at some stage but that’s all okay. With the resurgence of two-strokes in that regard, well, maybe it’s a cost factor, maybe it’s an operational factor, we’re not too sure. The promoter and brands have all had some discussions and you’ll probably see a separation of the two-strokes in the 250s going forward.

http://www.motoonline.com.au/2014/06/10/industry-insight-kawasaki-motors-robert-walker/

So not only are Kawasaki not bringing in a two stroke line but it looks like the mfg's that stopped building 2 strokes are now complaining that they are getting beaten by them.
I think promoters of mx series worldwide need to get together and sort out a capacity that works. I have known from when I raced my 250sx against 250f's that people would complain. If mx were done in a time trial format I think everyone would be on a four stroke, but the fact is, the advantage the 250 2 strokes have off the line carries through the rest of the race.
If KTM were to build a 200 sx I think that would be a pretty fair comparison to a 250f
|
VET176
6/10/2014 2:07am
Well none of my dollars will be going Kawasaki's way then.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/10/2014 2:11am
it will be interesting to see what Kevin Williams does here, the 250 two strokes fill his fields, will he drop them in hope some of the teams bring back more riders on 250f's, or will they have two seperate championships?

chump6784
6/10/2014 2:33am
scott_nz wrote:
it will be interesting to see what Kevin Williams does here, the 250 two strokes fill his fields, will he drop them in hope some of...
it will be interesting to see what Kevin Williams does here, the 250 two strokes fill his fields, will he drop them in hope some of the teams bring back more riders on 250f's, or will they have two seperate championships?

He is kind of screwed either way. If he drops the 250 2 strokes then he may lose some of the privateers entering, if he keeps the 250 2 strokes he runs the risk of the other mfg's pulling sponsorship dollars in protest.
Will be interesting
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
6/10/2014 2:39am
It will be interesting Scott though looking at it he would probably be better off taking the two strokes out of the class in one way.

Pretty much Husqvarna and KTM the two manufactures that are supporting riders on two strokes in both under 19s and MX2, only rider with support for a 250F is Long in MX2 who is currently out of action so only one rider gaining support on a 250F.

Kawasaki have no lites program, Suzuki just two bikes supported with raceline, Honda only have three bikes supported, (Cachia and the two Wilson racing bikes) Yamaha with Serco Yamaha.

If the two strokes are dropped, I am sure KTM and Husqvarna are not going to pull their support from the class, the riders just jump over to four strokes, Kawi may come back?

So would be fair to say the actual factory support would be the same or slightly better.

As for the privateers that might make a difference, but like every year in Aus, the numbers are still slowly dropping the class as the year goes on, I don't think bike cost is everything when keeping full gates in Aus, finding the funding for privateers to travel across this huge country for 10 rounds is a massive factor.

The other solution could be a new class, maybe drop the MXD class back to a four round rookies class for under 17s then introduce a "MX3" class for 250 two strokes and 350 Four strokes, full championship status and get back to the old days of three championship classes.

The Shop

nytsmaC
6/10/2014 2:56am
What I read is "We are well aware of the 2-stroke resurgence and rather than give the people what they want, we are doing everything we can to squash it before it gains too much momentum."

"Maybe it's a cost factor, maybe it's an operational factor, we're not too sure." Really? They're that stupid that they really don't get it, or they just don't want to admit the truth? Give me a break.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/10/2014 3:05am
aaryn #234 wrote:
It will be interesting Scott though looking at it he would probably be better off taking the two strokes out of the class in one way...
It will be interesting Scott though looking at it he would probably be better off taking the two strokes out of the class in one way.

Pretty much Husqvarna and KTM the two manufactures that are supporting riders on two strokes in both under 19s and MX2, only rider with support for a 250F is Long in MX2 who is currently out of action so only one rider gaining support on a 250F.

Kawasaki have no lites program, Suzuki just two bikes supported with raceline, Honda only have three bikes supported, (Cachia and the two Wilson racing bikes) Yamaha with Serco Yamaha.

If the two strokes are dropped, I am sure KTM and Husqvarna are not going to pull their support from the class, the riders just jump over to four strokes, Kawi may come back?

So would be fair to say the actual factory support would be the same or slightly better.

As for the privateers that might make a difference, but like every year in Aus, the numbers are still slowly dropping the class as the year goes on, I don't think bike cost is everything when keeping full gates in Aus, finding the funding for privateers to travel across this huge country for 10 rounds is a massive factor.

The other solution could be a new class, maybe drop the MXD class back to a four round rookies class for under 17s then introduce a "MX3" class for 250 two strokes and 350 Four strokes, full championship status and get back to the old days of three championship classes.

I think its more the other way, if he drops the 2 stokes out of MX2 and MXD he will lose rider numbers, the cost of racing and practicing on a 250F will make the difference to some people, i dont think SUzuki.Yam, Honda will support more teams, and Kawi coming back in with 1 or 2 bikes is not going to make up the losses of loosing 5 or more riders for the series,

Kawasaki is not listed as a sponsor but all the other manufactures are, , http://www.mxnationals.com.au/about-mxn/sponsors/

i think their are too many rounds, and that makes if difficult for the priviteers, but the two half series has not seemed to have made a difference,
mehow2g
6/10/2014 3:54am
I was brought up on KX's 60-125cc's they are still the best bike for me as a brand, If they released 2 stroke's I'd be on that quick.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
6/10/2014 4:01am
scott_nz wrote:
I think its more the other way, if he drops the 2 stokes out of MX2 and MXD he will lose rider numbers, the cost of...
I think its more the other way, if he drops the 2 stokes out of MX2 and MXD he will lose rider numbers, the cost of racing and practicing on a 250F will make the difference to some people, i dont think SUzuki.Yam, Honda will support more teams, and Kawi coming back in with 1 or 2 bikes is not going to make up the losses of loosing 5 or more riders for the series,

Kawasaki is not listed as a sponsor but all the other manufactures are, , http://www.mxnationals.com.au/about-mxn/sponsors/

i think their are too many rounds, and that makes if difficult for the priviteers, but the two half series has not seemed to have made a difference,
The other thing to remember also is that Kevin / WEM does not actually make the rules for class capacities, the rules are set by MA and the MX Commission.

I wrote an article about the two v four debate that is in the current issue of Dirt Action, spoke to pretty much everyone to capture their thoughts on it, from the MX commission chair, Kevin, a couple of manufactures that were willing to discuss the topic and some top and lower ranked privateers on both two and four strokes.

A lot of different opinions.

newmann
6/10/2014 4:23am
nytsmaC wrote:
What I read is "We are well aware of the 2-stroke resurgence and rather than give the people what they want, we are doing everything we...
What I read is "We are well aware of the 2-stroke resurgence and rather than give the people what they want, we are doing everything we can to squash it before it gains too much momentum."

"Maybe it's a cost factor, maybe it's an operational factor, we're not too sure." Really? They're that stupid that they really don't get it, or they just don't want to admit the truth? Give me a break.
Yep, the level of stupidity was thick.
ATKpilot99
6/10/2014 4:29am
I thought 2 strokes werd dinosaurs and not competitive ... hmmm
hellion
6/10/2014 4:38am
Yeah, nice job Kawi. Just keep doing what's good for you and don't worry about the health of the sport. That statement just put you at the same level as Honda in my eyes. Now there are two manufacturers who will never see another dollar of mine.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
6/10/2014 5:23am
KTM, Husqvarna, Yamaha, TM all make two stroke motorcycles, I really don't know why the two stroke lovers continue to complain, they are there if you want to buy them. From what I understand in the Amateur ranks in the U.S 250F race against 250 two strokes (please correct me if I am wrong)

The option is there for people that want to buy them and race them.

So Kawasaki and Honda don't want to build them, go buy another colour!
ChrisB10
6/10/2014 5:38am
How do you get "complaining that they are getting beat by 2 strokes now" from what he said???? He didn't say that at all.
ChrisB10
6/10/2014 5:45am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2014 5:46am
Did you really think Kawasaki was bringing back 2 strokes? It's now June, we haven't heard a single peep out of Kawasaki about it besides bullshit rumors started by people who don't work for Kawi, and you were thinking that just magically they were going to announce hey folks 2 strokes are back they'll be in stores soon? I don't mean to be a jerk but you 2 stroke guys got to let this pipe dream (no pun) die
Spartacus
6/10/2014 5:45am
ChrisB10 wrote:
How do you get "complaining that they are getting beat by 2 strokes now" from what he said???? He didn't say that at all.
"…The promoter and brands have all had some discussions and you’ll probably see a separation of the two-strokes in the 250s going forward…."

They must wanna separate them because the 4T riders don't like the sound of a 2T.

[ahead of them]
nytsmaC
6/10/2014 5:46am
aaryn #234 wrote:
KTM, Husqvarna, Yamaha, TM all make two stroke motorcycles, I really don't know why the two stroke lovers continue to complain, they are there if you...
KTM, Husqvarna, Yamaha, TM all make two stroke motorcycles, I really don't know why the two stroke lovers continue to complain, they are there if you want to buy them. From what I understand in the Amateur ranks in the U.S 250F race against 250 two strokes (please correct me if I am wrong)

I did. Bought 2 new Husky's in 2010 and 2 new TM's in 2014. I don't care if Kawi builds a 2-stroke or not, I've had a bunch of their 2-strokes in the past and let's just say there were major quality issues and I'll never buy green again due to their refusal to stand behind their shitty product.

What pisses me off is how they insult our intelligence when they make claims such as the one about not understanding the 2stroke resurgence. That and inferring that they are collectively working to ban them from racing in the class that they belong in, because their 250 foopter is at a power disadvantage to a 20 year old 250 2stroke of any color. They know their product js inferior so their solution is to strongarm the sanctioning bodies into forcing an unfair displacement advantage.

Stick it up your ass, Kawasaki. The resurgence of the 2stroke is the best thing to happen to this sport in the last 15 years and they just want to put a stop to it.
Paul B
6/10/2014 5:48am
Wasn't it Honda a few years ago that said they would pull their factory riders from the line if the AMA allowed 250 2 strokes to race with 250 4 strokes at the pro level?

Not too far fetched to think manufacturers that no longer make 2 strokes would have the same opinion. A 250 2 stroke in the hands of the elite riders would be too much of an advantage over 4 stroke 250's.
Jack mehoff
6/10/2014 5:48am
You would think they would be the first with there armature program , they make a 100 , why not. A 125 . It's a crime that they are throwing these kids off 85s onto 250f s , I hope they don't bow to the mfgs down there and ban the 250 2stk ,
Jaze
6/10/2014 5:49am
nytsmaC wrote:
What I read is "We are well aware of the 2-stroke resurgence and rather than give the people what they want, we are doing everything we...

+1
ChrisB10
6/10/2014 5:53am
Think about it. Do you really think a business venture as big as Kawasaki diving back into the 2 stroke market would have NO official mention? LOL HELLLOOO. Cmon on people. You guys are searching the internet and trying to interpret things when if it was true Kawi would be doing commercials and press releases and official statements ..................
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/10/2014 6:24am
Paul B wrote:
Wasn't it Honda a few years ago that said they would pull their factory riders from the line if the AMA allowed 250 2 strokes to...
Wasn't it Honda a few years ago that said they would pull their factory riders from the line if the AMA allowed 250 2 strokes to race with 250 4 strokes at the pro level?

Not too far fetched to think manufacturers that no longer make 2 strokes would have the same opinion. A 250 2 stroke in the hands of the elite riders would be too much of an advantage over 4 stroke 250's.
250Fs routinely set the faster lap times than 450s.
nytsmaC
6/10/2014 6:25am
burn1986 wrote:
250Fs routinely set the faster lap times than 450s.
Useless data if they are not on the track at the same time.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/10/2014 6:32am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2014 6:33am
Well, the point is that the manufacturers and promoters use the useless argument that 250 2-strokes are too dominant over 250 4-strokes. Yet lap times are the same, or even faster for the 250F.

Even pros have attested to the fact that they can go faster on a 4-stroke of equal displacement. So, there's no reason to eliminate/ handicap the 2-stroke.
newmann
6/10/2014 6:37am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Think about it. Do you really think a business venture as big as Kawasaki diving back into the 2 stroke market would have NO official mention...
Think about it. Do you really think a business venture as big as Kawasaki diving back into the 2 stroke market would have NO official mention? LOL HELLLOOO. Cmon on people. You guys are searching the internet and trying to interpret things when if it was true Kawi would be doing commercials and press releases and official statements ..................
You sure are devoting a lot of time to what you consider a useless thread.Laughing
newmann
6/10/2014 6:39am
Paul B wrote:
Wasn't it Honda a few years ago that said they would pull their factory riders from the line if the AMA allowed 250 2 strokes to...

The "official" press release just stated oem's and certain teams. Some people can read between the lines, others are just a little slow.
Fearo
6/10/2014 6:40am
Dear Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki:

newmann
6/10/2014 6:42am
Fearo wrote:
Dear Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki: [img]https://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/fuck-you-gifs-26.gif[/img]
Dear Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki:

LaughingLaughingLaughing
MotoX85
6/10/2014 7:10am
We own a YZ125, YZ250 and a YZ250F After 2 months of owning them:

The 125 has 15 hours
The 250 has 22 hours

The 250F has 3.3 hours

Can you guess which one I have to force my 13 yr old son to practice on. Could give a shit about Kawasaki bringing back 2strokes but there is something to be said about their increasing popularity.
Frodad78
6/10/2014 7:14am
nytsmaC wrote:
I did. Bought 2 new Husky's in 2010 and 2 new TM's in 2014. I don't care if Kawi builds a 2-stroke or not, I've had...
I did. Bought 2 new Husky's in 2010 and 2 new TM's in 2014. I don't care if Kawi builds a 2-stroke or not, I've had a bunch of their 2-strokes in the past and let's just say there were major quality issues and I'll never buy green again due to their refusal to stand behind their shitty product.

What pisses me off is how they insult our intelligence when they make claims such as the one about not understanding the 2stroke resurgence. That and inferring that they are collectively working to ban them from racing in the class that they belong in, because their 250 foopter is at a power disadvantage to a 20 year old 250 2stroke of any color. They know their product js inferior so their solution is to strongarm the sanctioning bodies into forcing an unfair displacement advantage.

Stick it up your ass, Kawasaki. The resurgence of the 2stroke is the best thing to happen to this sport in the last 15 years and they just want to put a stop to it.
Hell yeah! Best post I've read on here in a while!!
mxb2
6/10/2014 7:27am
aaryn #234 wrote:
KTM, Husqvarna, Yamaha, TM all make two stroke motorcycles, I really don't know why the two stroke lovers continue to complain, they are there if you...

x2, and most that complain ride old smokers, but some true 2 stroke dudes actually buy new current, and least speak with their $$ not complain about factories building new smokers. plenty of choices buy 1 if u are so hard core 2 stroke. just ride, ,2 or 4 stroke. wgaf.

Post a reply to: No fullsize kx 2 strokes for 2015

The Latest