No endurox tracks?

dirtmike86
11/14/2017 11:28am
Ive been wondering and sorry if this has been brought up before, but here in southern california ive only seen one facility have a endurox track. GH has or had one and its always kinda torn apart. Milestone had a arenacross track for a bit and now a flat track that ive yet to see anyone during the week riding it. A lot of tracks have sx tracks which you see mostly pros riding. I have no idea from a buisness stand point if it would even make sense. Maybe its different in the mid west or east coast.
|
tiddlermx23
11/14/2017 11:35am
I know of no enduro cross track in my tri-state area. We just ride in the woods alot.
dirtmike86
11/14/2017 11:43am
I know of no enduro cross track in my tri-state area. We just ride in the woods alot.
Yeah we dont have much woods out here. Just dusty hills.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/14/2017 11:45am
I wouldn’t imagine too many people want to ride edurocross if they go to the track. I would because I find it fun and really challenging, but for the most part, if you’re going to the track it’s to do motos and not ride endurocross. That’s my thought behind it
flopper12
Fantasy
2247th
11/14/2017 11:47am
Endurocross is HARD on a bike. Rotors, pipes and chain guides are common carnage when riding EX. It’s hard to justify the cost of building the track when no one can afford to maintain a bike after one practice session.

The Shop

dirtmike86
11/14/2017 12:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I wouldn’t imagine too many people want to ride edurocross if they go to the track. I would because I find it fun and really challenging...
I wouldn’t imagine too many people want to ride edurocross if they go to the track. I would because I find it fun and really challenging, but for the most part, if you’re going to the track it’s to do motos and not ride endurocross. That’s my thought behind it
True
dirtmike86
11/14/2017 12:07pm
flopper12 wrote:
Endurocross is HARD on a bike. Rotors, pipes and chain guides are common carnage when riding EX. It’s hard to justify the cost of building the...
Endurocross is HARD on a bike. Rotors, pipes and chain guides are common carnage when riding EX. It’s hard to justify the cost of building the track when no one can afford to maintain a bike after one practice session.
Never thought about it that way, but i guess you are right. Guess ill have to buy a couple acres and build one myself.
JM485
11/14/2017 12:45pm
I have this same problem in NorCal, no track to practice on. I wish someone would build one because it sucks showing up to race when you haven't ridden an EX track since you raced the event last year.
The Candyman
11/14/2017 12:49pm
Why don't I ride the endurocross track? Everytime I see one I imagine a hole in my case
dirtmike86
11/14/2017 1:03pm
I wouldnt even expect a full scale EX track. Just a few tractor tires, some concrete pipe, some logs, rock pit. Sure a couple broken levers and a dinged up pipe. Ive damaged bikes way worse on a mx track.
endurox
11/14/2017 4:12pm
Rotor guards work good..A partial or non pro level EX would get me to join local MX club where each member has to flag and pull weeds.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
11/14/2017 5:44pm
endurox wrote:
Rotor guards work good..A partial or non pro level EX would get me to join local MX club where each member has to flag and pull...
Rotor guards work good..A partial or non pro level EX would get me to join local MX club where each member has to flag and pull weeds.
Don't forget the SXS slideplate. The one thing I would like to get is a way to protect the bottom of my swing arm from bashing into rocks. Going to be building a little Endurocross style track at a friends house to see what I think of it.
JM485
11/14/2017 7:02pm
endurox wrote:
Rotor guards work good..A partial or non pro level EX would get me to join local MX club where each member has to flag and pull...
mx510 wrote:
Don't forget the SXS slideplate. The one thing I would like to get is a way to protect the bottom of my swing arm from bashing...
Don't forget the SXS slideplate. The one thing I would like to get is a way to protect the bottom of my swing arm from bashing into rocks. Going to be building a little Endurocross style track at a friends house to see what I think of it.
X2 on the SXS slide plate, one of the best parts I ever bought. Someone makes relatively cheap swingarm protectors, polisport I think, so those might be worth a Google search.
tcallahan707
11/14/2017 8:41pm
We had one here at Thunder Valley a couple years ago. It was basically Geoff Aaron’s playground. Very few people would utilize it. Not sure if it was a lack of interest or a self/bike preservation thing. We have an EX round so I think the interest is there, but most guys can just go ride in the mountains.
dirtmike86
11/14/2017 8:53pm
I agree with what everyone is saying. Just seems like an easy, cheap, low maintnence thing to build that might draw in a few more riders. I mean they fit them in arenas... I could build one in my back yard if i had an alta.
ccullins76
11/14/2017 10:00pm
It's a big issue we have here in SoCal. My son rides pro EX, but gets almost no practice on one. We don't have the property to build one. The only tracks are private and getting an invite now and then is hard.
We used to use Glen Helen's a couple years ago, but then it stopped getting maintained and just fell apart to a few obstacles here and there. Now it's totally gone. About 5 years ago when it was maintained it got a lot of use. Guys would come to just ride it.
The only public ex tracks I know of are in AZ.
dirtmike86
11/15/2017 4:39am
ccullins76 wrote:
It's a big issue we have here in SoCal. My son rides pro EX, but gets almost no practice on one. We don't have the property...
It's a big issue we have here in SoCal. My son rides pro EX, but gets almost no practice on one. We don't have the property to build one. The only tracks are private and getting an invite now and then is hard.
We used to use Glen Helen's a couple years ago, but then it stopped getting maintained and just fell apart to a few obstacles here and there. Now it's totally gone. About 5 years ago when it was maintained it got a lot of use. Guys would come to just ride it.
I should email all the local tracks and see what it would take to get one going. Id be willing to donate obstacles and my time. I mean they built bmx jumps at milestone and dont even charge to ride them...
BAMX
11/15/2017 6:24am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2017 6:29am
ccullins76 wrote:
It's a big issue we have here in SoCal. My son rides pro EX, but gets almost no practice on one. We don't have the property...
dirtmike86 wrote:
I should email all the local tracks and see what it would take to get one going. Id be willing to donate obstacles and my time...
I should email all the local tracks and see what it would take to get one going. Id be willing to donate obstacles and my time. I mean they built bmx jumps at milestone and dont even charge to ride them...
Glen Helen would be your best bet. In the past, they have used parts of what they had in events like Last Dog Standing. It's either that or buy some cheap land out in Johnson Valley.
11/15/2017 6:37am
Do you or any on your buddies have a decent amount of land to use? you could make one for yourself. Also with the circle/flat track thing, I see more opening up at motocross tracks but I never see anyone using them.
dirtmike86
11/15/2017 7:37am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2017 7:46am
ccullins76 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
I should email all the local tracks and see what it would take to get one going. Id be willing to donate obstacles and my time...
BAMX wrote:
Glen Helen would be your best bet. In the past, they have used parts of what they had in events like Last Dog Standing. It's either...
Glen Helen would be your best bet. In the past, they have used parts of what they had in events like Last Dog Standing. It's either that or buy some cheap land out in Johnson Valley.
Johnson valley is too far to keep maintained. Ive been looking in beaumont and banning. I rode the one at Glen Helen a while back, but it was just bits and pieces. Which in reality is fine as long as its some kind of practice.
dirtmike86
11/15/2017 7:42am
Do you or any on your buddies have a decent amount of land to use? you could make one for yourself. Also with the circle/flat track...
Do you or any on your buddies have a decent amount of land to use? you could make one for yourself. Also with the circle/flat track thing, I see more opening up at motocross tracks but I never see anyone using them.
I do have land in reche canyon i could possible use but very little of it is level. There is a closed down landfill near me also which would be perfect. I ride there all the time but id be pissed if i did all the work and then it got shut down.

Post a reply to: No endurox tracks?

The Latest