No consequences for Barcia take out moves...where is Duke Finch?

joevdenne
Edited Date/Time 1/11/2022 6:47am
I get it rubbing is racing. But, even Duke Finch would only give someone so much rope before reigning him in a bit. Barcia has been doing this for years without any consequences. So, Barcia's strategy is to take out faster riders after they pass him. Seems like a pretty low thing to do. JA can ride dirty too. He slowed Barcia a bit in the corner before, but he did not push him off the track. Why do all the other riders tip toe around Barcia? When they ride near him they seem to be afraid of him. A good old punch in the mouth would cure this nonsense. No respect for 51! Does he care about my opinion? No...but the boy is a weasel.
|
Crush
1/9/2022 7:33am
I kinda get more frustrated with the riders that operate like Bam won’t do it… it almost feels automatic at this point so you kinda have to ask why they don’t defend more and shut it down so he doesn’t get the opportunity to drop them.
gt80rider
1/9/2022 7:34am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2022 7:35am
Freezy just took his shirt off.... btw... bet the 450 guys are Stoked vince is back down in the 250s again! Lol

The Shop

motomike137
1/9/2022 7:36am
gt80rider wrote:
Freezy just took his shirt off.... btw... bet the 450 guys are Stoked vince is back down in the 250s again! Lol
The 250 guys are thinking about how they are going to have to deal with him every week lol!
Johnny Ringo
1/9/2022 7:37am
Well it’s a good thing for Barcia Duke Finch isn’t in charge anymore…
kage173
1/9/2022 7:39am
I don't mind Barcias aggression when he's at the front. I hate it when guys just let people by. This is a 450 Supercross Main Event and everyone should fight like hell for every position. I only pull out the bad names for him when he's in the back pulling that stuff on guys like ARay for 15th place.

If the 51 can keep it on two wheels after the collision, then I'm good.
motomike137
1/9/2022 7:45am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2022 7:45am
kage173 wrote:
I don't mind Barcias aggression when he's at the front. I hate it when guys just let people by. This is a 450 Supercross Main Event...
I don't mind Barcias aggression when he's at the front. I hate it when guys just let people by. This is a 450 Supercross Main Event and everyone should fight like hell for every position. I only pull out the bad names for him when he's in the back pulling that stuff on guys like ARay for 15th place.

If the 51 can keep it on two wheels after the collision, then I'm good.
A lot of folks on here want it both ways. Many will go bonkers when Justin turns into Bam Bam but not when their guy does something questionable. Besides Anderson has just as much history as Barcia when it comes to trading paint Wink
Kenny Lingus
1/9/2022 8:02am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2022 8:42am
Lost me at Duke Finch 😖.

I guess you missed Marv torpedoing guys.
DA498
1/9/2022 8:32am
Go high with Barcia behind you is a total rookie move. It’s on Ando IMO. He barely got touched if at all. Go home and sell some hoodies
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/9/2022 10:15am
I’ll say this, if you pass Bam in the whoops, and you’re not smart enough to protect the inside, you deserve to get hit.

I do love Anderson’s response tho, very cool.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
1/9/2022 10:22am
joevdenne wrote:
I get it rubbing is racing. But, even Duke Finch would only give someone so much rope before reigning him in a bit. Barcia has been...
I get it rubbing is racing. But, even Duke Finch would only give someone so much rope before reigning him in a bit. Barcia has been doing this for years without any consequences. So, Barcia's strategy is to take out faster riders after they pass him. Seems like a pretty low thing to do. JA can ride dirty too. He slowed Barcia a bit in the corner before, but he did not push him off the track. Why do all the other riders tip toe around Barcia? When they ride near him they seem to be afraid of him. A good old punch in the mouth would cure this nonsense. No respect for 51! Does he care about my opinion? No...but the boy is a weasel.
Relax. You don’t seem bothered by the 50 other block passes last night that weren’t even for podium positions. Go find a safe space to cry in
TeamGreen
1/9/2022 10:33am
UpTiTe wrote:
I’ll say this, if you pass Bam in the whoops, and you’re not smart enough to protect the inside, you deserve to get hit. I do...
I’ll say this, if you pass Bam in the whoops, and you’re not smart enough to protect the inside, you deserve to get hit.

Grinning Yup

I'm kinda pissed at EL Hombré! I mean, Who TF leaves the door open for BamBam?
RF145
1/9/2022 10:45am
UpTiTe wrote:
I’ll say this, if you pass Bam in the whoops, and you’re not smart enough to protect the inside, you deserve to get hit. I do...

TeamGreen wrote:
Grinning Yup

I'm kinda pissed at EL Hombré! I mean, Who TF leaves the door open for BamBam?
^ This exactly what everyone I have been talking to has said. And most like me saw it happening long before contact was made.
Good thing Marv is on the west coast with DV. Or Florida might have a storm brewing.
Richy
1/9/2022 10:50am
It wasn't an overly aggressive pass imo, it was just unfortunate that Anderson hooked the front wheel over the top of the berm, he'd have carried on fine otherwise just a spot down... which would have been his own doing for leaving the door open.

He looked good on the Kawi for the most part though, hope he has a good season.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/9/2022 10:55am
What I don’t understand is why the other guys don’t just park him when they go by. He’s not gonna give you space, why give him any? If Anderson had put a hard pass on him in the corner before Barcia wouldn’t have had the chance to punt him in the next corner. At some point you have to be pre emotive with the guy.
spimx
1/9/2022 10:59am
If it's for the podium I say let them battle. Anderson could have anticipated that move. Cooper Webb got by. McGrath always got by Emig.
Bigjimmyd
1/9/2022 11:01am
joevdenne wrote:
I get it rubbing is racing. But, even Duke Finch would only give someone so much rope before reigning him in a bit. Barcia has been...
You gonna talk about Barcia in last nights race? You should be talking about Marvin! His take out of Mookie was 10x’s worse than Barcia’s little love tap.
Nighttrain
1/9/2022 11:02am
The 45 years of watching SX tells me that these things have a way of working themselves out on the track over the course of a season. It adds to the spectacle of it all.
Tumic
1/9/2022 12:27pm
Bigjimmyd wrote:
You gonna talk about Barcia in last nights race? You should be talking about Marvin! His take out of Mookie was 10x’s worse than Barcia’s little...
You gonna talk about Barcia in last nights race? You should be talking about Marvin! His take out of Mookie was 10x’s worse than Barcia’s little love tap.
Or can it be that Barcia always pull this crap and Marv dont?
Jaybird67k
1/9/2022 12:33pm
I absolutely loved it.....lol. When JA slowed him up I knew it was coming. Good ole racing.
TeamGreen
1/9/2022 8:33pm
Jaybird67k wrote:
I absolutely loved it.....lol. When JA slowed him up I knew it was coming. Good ole racing.
I've been watching Jason for a long, long time and everyone around knows I want him to win alllll of this stuff; but, damn...when you're racing a dude named "BamBam"? Well, ya gotta play hard.
GangGreen
1/10/2022 4:11am
DA498 stated, ”Go high with Barcia behind you is a total rookie move”.

Team Greem stated, ”Who TF leaves the door open for BamBam?”

Heck, Eli Tomac 5 years ago said,” When you pass Barcia, you need to gap him, or you're getting laid out”.
tingo
1/10/2022 6:08am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2022 6:35am
To the OP’s point, nearly all of the replies here are to the tune of “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with Barcia.” That is exactly the problem: he predictably takes people out. There is a blurry line between rubbing is racing and just being a dick. Someone will pass him clean, and then he dives to the inside in the next corner, frequently putting the other rider on the ground. A faster rider shouldn’t have to contemplate the risky move of trying to put Barcia down while passing him just to avoid him doing the same to them in the next corner. It’s the same shit every year: no mutual respect shown.

Edited to add this from the post-race presser. “I didn’t hit him too hard; we barely touched. And I went on with my way… and honestly, he probably would have gapped me if I didn’t get him at that spot there cause he was riding a lot better than me.”

Down vote away. Barcia will never change. Takes out guys that are faster than him. How many weeks till we see him crying about someone returning the favor?
piscokid
1/10/2022 6:31am
tingo wrote:
To the OP’s point, nearly all of the replies here are to the tune of “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with...
To the OP’s point, nearly all of the replies here are to the tune of “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with Barcia.” That is exactly the problem: he predictably takes people out. There is a blurry line between rubbing is racing and just being a dick. Someone will pass him clean, and then he dives to the inside in the next corner, frequently putting the other rider on the ground. A faster rider shouldn’t have to contemplate the risky move of trying to put Barcia down while passing him just to avoid him doing the same to them in the next corner. It’s the same shit every year: no mutual respect shown.

Edited to add this from the post-race presser. “I didn’t hit him too hard; we barely touched. And I went on with my way… and honestly, he probably would have gapped me if I didn’t get him at that spot there cause he was riding a lot better than me.”

Down vote away. Barcia will never change. Takes out guys that are faster than him. How many weeks till we see him crying about someone returning the favor?
This is the pro's, your statement should read “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with....anybody." especially after making a pass on someone the corner before, regardless of who it is. In this case, it's Barcia, whose reputation leads to the comments above.
TeamGreen
1/10/2022 7:51am
tingo wrote:
To the OP’s point, nearly all of the replies here are to the tune of “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with...

piscokid wrote:
This is the pro's, your statement should read “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with....anybody." especially after making a pass on someone...
This is the pro's, your statement should read “everyone should know better than to leave the inside open with....anybody." especially after making a pass on someone the corner before, regardless of who it is. In this case, it's Barcia, whose reputation leads to the comments above.
I’m kinda stoked that Jason has a fan base that says “Dude! You gotta out BamBam that dude!” versus the usual fan boy BS.

I’d call it “an El Hombre fan thing” & it’s pretty damn cool.

Note: it looks to me like Jason went hi & his front wheel washed over the top of the berm. That still makes the point that he -WOULD NOT- have had to go up that high IF he’d closed the door harder, earlier, before that point.

Post a reply to: No consequences for Barcia take out moves...where is Duke Finch?

The Latest