No budds on 2019 sch? Moving to englishishtown nj

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2018 9:39 AM

Heard steve say something about that on the pulp mx show. Any idea if its true? The new raceway park track doesnt seem like it has enough spectator area to host a national.

|

6/6/2018 10:11 AM

I have not heard much good about the new Englishtown track, The previous track looked epic. I’d hate to see budds see the chopping block, Lots of history there... on the other hand, I don’t see much value in muddy creek. I’d like to see them use the “south east” in a better way, Maybe check out one of the motovateds sports complex tracks in the Carolinas.

|

6/6/2018 10:26 AM

Jack_4196 wrote:

I have not heard much good about the new Englishtown track, The previous track looked epic. I’d hate to see budds see the chopping block, Lots of history there... on the other hand, I don’t see much value in muddy creek. I’d like to see them use the “south east” in a better way, Maybe check out one of the motovateds sports complex tracks in the Carolinas.

Motovated does a great job but they don't have the facilities for a National. The new Motovated 101 would be the closest to that level but I haven't seen what they've done with the place yet, the land looks promising though.

Me personally I would love to see Monster Mountain get a national, they would have to do some work on the entry way to the track to facilitate semis getting back there and definitely would need more camping/pit area.

|

6/6/2018 10:27 AM

Etowns a joke for the national lol

|

6/6/2018 10:50 AM

Flying Iron Horse Ranch, bro

|

6/6/2018 10:54 AM

Jack_4196 wrote:

I have not heard much good about the new Englishtown track, The previous track looked epic. I’d hate to see budds see the chopping block, Lots of history there... on the other hand, I don’t see much value in muddy creek. I’d like to see them use the “south east” in a better way, Maybe check out one of the motovateds sports complex tracks in the Carolinas.

English town is far from “epic”. The track was a blast to ride, but it was still built in a parking lot. It is a top notch facility, but lacks the elevation change to become a national track IMO.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

6/6/2018 10:56 AM

peelout wrote:

Flying Iron Horse Ranch, bro

They gotta get out from under their legal troubles first.

|

6/6/2018 10:59 AM

BobPA wrote:

English town is far from “epic”. The track was a blast to ride, but it was still built in a parking lot. It is a top notch facility, but lacks the elevation change to become a national track IMO.

This. There is absolutely zero natural elevation change. Spectating would also suck because you're essentially looking at the track from the ground floor. It's not like a Unadilla for instance where you can go to the top of the hill in the back and see 75% of the track.

|

6/6/2018 11:03 AM

SCOTTIMX203 wrote:

Heard steve say something about that on the pulp mx show. Any idea if its true? The new raceway park track doesnt seem like it has enough spectator area to host a national.

It's very true. Budd's Creek owner Jonathan Beasley posted a long post on facebook not long ago about it, voicing his displeasure with "the first family of motocross". Make of that what you will.

|

6/6/2018 11:05 AM

SCOTTIMX203 wrote:

Heard steve say something about that on the pulp mx show. Any idea if its true? The new raceway park track doesnt seem like it has enough spectator area to host a national.

woodsryder wrote:

It's very true. Budd's Creek owner Jonathan Beasley posted a long post on facebook not long ago about it, voicing his displeasure with "the first family of motocross". Make of that what you will.

Didn’t he also go on begging people to come to a practice so he could pay off his tax debt from MXoN?

|

6/6/2018 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 11:40 AM

Budds must stay. I use it for "training wheels" for first time National MX attendees. Then I drag 'em to High Point the next year to see how the other half of America lives. I've wondered for years how in the fuck the team semis get into High Point with those bass-ackward one lined "roads".

Budds is so accessible, less than two hour drive from base, and a fabulous layout with some shade trees. Newbies we a' bringing will be 10+ this year.

EDIT: Also, to the mental cripples in the white Tundra that feebly tried to roost our Budds campsite in 2017... We have decided to let our behemoth "Olaf" open your truck with an axe in a manner akin to a sardine can if you try that stunt in 2018. We held him back last year.

|

.

6/6/2018 11:27 AM

|

6/6/2018 11:33 AM

SCOTTIMX203 wrote:

Heard steve say something about that on the pulp mx show. Any idea if its true? The new raceway park track doesnt seem like it has enough spectator area to host a national.

woodsryder wrote:

It's very true. Budd's Creek owner Jonathan Beasley posted a long post on facebook not long ago about it, voicing his displeasure with "the first family of motocross". Make of that what you will.

ML512 wrote:

Didn’t he also go on begging people to come to a practice so he could pay off his tax debt from MXoN?

Yes

|

6/6/2018 11:33 AM

I would hate to see Budds go. Great viewing from almost anywhere on the track and ample amounts of shade trees. Really is a great track.

|

6/6/2018 11:51 AM

Does this mean that metlife will be back on for sx? Was bummed that it was off. Any idea why?

|

6/6/2018 12:04 PM

SCOTTIMX203 wrote:

Heard steve say something about that on the pulp mx show. Any idea if its true? The new raceway park track doesnt seem like it has enough spectator area to host a national.

woodsryder wrote:

It's very true. Budd's Creek owner Jonathan Beasley posted a long post on facebook not long ago about it, voicing his displeasure with "the first family of motocross". Make of that what you will.

ML512 wrote:

Didn’t he also go on begging people to come to a practice so he could pay off his tax debt from MXoN?

He could sell.some of his property and classic cars, free up some debt.

|

6/6/2018 12:11 PM

That would truly suck. Budds is a fantastic track, not just for the Nat but it is an awesome local facility.
Beasley will likely be in trouble if he loses the Nat, because like some have said he was saying on FB that he was broke. It sucks- the guy has put blood, sweat and tears into that track for decades. He practically lives on an ATV and tractor. It's hard to match those off-cambers, hills and prime dirt.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

6/6/2018 12:15 PM

SCOTTIMX203 wrote:

Does this mean that metlife will be back on for sx? Was bummed that it was off. Any idea why?

They flip flop from MetLife to Gillette each year.

|

6/6/2018 12:21 PM

It feels like we've been on the X annual (insert number here) last race at Budds for a few years now.

After some of the stuff that was happening this year at Glen Helen (Bud wanted Eli to do a victory lap of the track and high five the VIP crowd...TV be damned), I also wonder if we see a return there.

|

6/6/2018 12:25 PM

The old track wouldn’t have made for a good national and that one was 10 times better then the new one. I have yet to hear anyone say it’s good even people who work for them.

|

6/6/2018 1:04 PM

woodsryder wrote:

It's very true. Budd's Creek owner Jonathan Beasley posted a long post on facebook not long ago about it, voicing his displeasure with "the first family of motocross". Make of that what you will.

He didn't say it was a done deal. Like GuyB said, he's been saying it for a couple years now. This is the quote from Facebook.




Jonathan Beasley

May 17 at 8:53am
...

We are less than 100 day from the August 18th National, Amateur Days, Fri & Sun. We have heard the rumors every year that it's my last National, this year it may be true. Englishtown has been sold, they are rebuilding their MX track and using the drag strip grandstands, a National can have up to 25,000 permanent seats and they are 45 minutes from NYC.
I have been open insolent to the 1st family of MX telling them to take my National, I'll run a GP. Now they control both series!

Please plan on attending this National, last year was the 1st year it turned a profit since they took Father's Day. The crowd dropped in 1/2 since then, it is only one Degree hotter the third week in August than June. We need to have the biggest crowd every this year, let them take someone else's National.

Plan to come to the Budds Creek National, bring your enemies and just say NO to Stadium Motocross in America. PLEASE SHARE for the future of Natural Motocross, look at the Swiss GP.

Thank you, Jonathan Beasley

|

6/6/2018 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 1:44 PM

Man I would be genuinely sad to see Budds lose the National. Beasley can make that track great and its awesome for the spectators. Good dude too, he thanked me for coming to ride there almost every time I was riding there. Beasley puts some solid sweat equity into that place. It has basically been raining cats and dogs here in Maryland for the last month and I rode Budds the other weekend and the track was amazing, probably some of the best conditions I have seen there. But as others have said it has been said it will be the last one for a few years now, hopefully it isnt true.

|

6/6/2018 1:56 PM

SCOTTIMX203 wrote:

Heard steve say something about that on the pulp mx show. Any idea if its true? The new raceway park track doesnt seem like it has enough spectator area to host a national.

woodsryder wrote:

It's very true. Budd's Creek owner Jonathan Beasley posted a long post on facebook not long ago about it, voicing his displeasure with "the first family of motocross". Make of that what you will.

JBlain619 wrote:

He didn't say it was a done deal. Like GuyB said, he's been saying it for a couple years now. This is the quote from Facebook.




Jonathan Beasley

May 17 at 8:53am
...

We are less than 100 day from the August 18th National, Amateur Days, Fri & Sun. We have heard the rumors every year that it's my last National, this year it may be true. Englishtown has been sold, they are rebuilding their MX track and using the drag strip grandstands, a National can have up to 25,000 permanent seats and they are 45 minutes from NYC.
I have been open insolent to the 1st family of MX telling them to take my National, I'll run a GP. Now they control both series!

Please plan on attending this National, last year was the 1st year it turned a profit since they took Father's Day. The crowd dropped in 1/2 since then, it is only one Degree hotter the third week in August than June. We need to have the biggest crowd every this year, let them take someone else's National.

Plan to come to the Budds Creek National, bring your enemies and just say NO to Stadium Motocross in America. PLEASE SHARE for the future of Natural Motocross, look at the Swiss GP.

Thank you, Jonathan Beasley

I may be wrong but I assume by "the 1st family of MX" he means the Combs' which don't control the GP's at all.. or am I missing something?

I remember last year Davey said most other tracks take pride in having a national and clean the place up beforehand.. Budds Creek on the other hand just lets MX Sports do the work. Tracks like Red Bud, Millville, Washougal all seem to have a cemented spot in the series. Maybe Mr. Beasley should take a look around and realize what other tracks are doing right.

|

6/6/2018 2:43 PM

Long live budds creek. English town would be wack no elevation

|

6/6/2018 3:11 PM

GuyB wrote:

It feels like we've been on the X annual (insert number here) last race at Budds for a few years now.

After some of the stuff that was happening this year at Glen Helen (Bud wanted Eli to do a victory lap of the track and high five the VIP crowd...TV be damned), I also wonder if we see a return there.

Was he also going to kick Eli a cut of the VIP crowd entry $?

|

6/6/2018 3:13 PM

Long live budds , great event.

|

6/6/2018 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 6:13 PM

Beasley isn't swimming in money or collectibles like you guys think he is. Ive heard some things at practice days, and had a couple short talks with him. The guy may have some issues, but he is basically a one man show putting in 5-6 days a week and lives for moto. Keep in mind he has to be ~60 years old.

Budds is a great track, great layout, very spectator friendly. ANYTHING etown puts together will be a serious downgrade as far as true motocross and spectator viewing.

|

6/6/2018 5:42 PM

If Budds is gonna shut down, every racer who has ever roosted that sweet Maryland loam should kick in a few hundred bucks when it's needed and keep the flame lit, unless you want to see the crown jewel of Mid-Atlantic motocross fade into oblivion. I think it was the USGP that turned the tide for Beasley. It wasn't the wisest business decision, especially since he got slammed for cutting down too many trees or something (Likely due to some bullshit GP requirement). He got screwed in a few ways on that deal, from what I heard, like people selling out space without telling him. This industry can grind you up quick.
The man has his flaws, but he's put it all on the line for Maryland motocross.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

6/6/2018 7:53 PM

I can't tell if Buds Creek just needs a big crowd so He can financially make it or what the deal is.

Johnathan needs a PR person those rambling posts are hard to figure out.

|

6/6/2018 8:02 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

Motovated does a great job but they don't have the facilities for a National. The new Motovated 101 would be the closest to that level but I haven't seen what they've done with the place yet, the land looks promising though.

Me personally I would love to see Monster Mountain get a national, they would have to do some work on the entry way to the track to facilitate semis getting back there and definitely would need more camping/pit area.

I've heard that about Monster for 10+ years. They've done a lot of work to the facility over that time, is the issue more to do with roads leading to Monster Mountain? That last section of rural county road doesn't look tractor-trailer friendly. That may be what you were talking about though.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto