No bike - No problem. The fraternity of MX

A side of the sport that we often overlook.......Today a family with a 6 year old arrived in Las Vegas to compete in the amateur Arenacross event. Although they shipped their bike early last week, unfortunately the motorcycle never showed up. As you can imagine the parents were distraught and were at a loss in how to break it to their son. At this point he would not be able to race at an event that he qualified for and traveled across the country to attend. However, in steps Lindsey Alkire to save the day. Lindsey reached out to myself and we put the word out that we needed help. Within an hour numerous Facebook friends(some we had met and some we hadn't) we're in the process of saving the day. A 50 dad from Vegas that wasn't even racing in the event loaded his sons bike up and delivered it to this family. Jeff Page being a dad himself didn't even hesitate when he got word of the situation. Back to my original point.... All to often we overlook all the good that happens everyday in this sport. We are not just racers but we are a fraternity.

Thanks for reminding me of that today Jeff.
|
Bultaco
5/6/2017 5:16pm
Thanks for a good story. I agree with you that the day to day good gets drowned out or over shadowed the drama.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
5/6/2017 5:48pm
Awesome, Jeff! YOU are teaching every person you come into contact with what this sport and good human nature are all about! Cannot praise you enough, but proud to call you a Moto brother!!!
5/6/2017 5:57pm
People helping people is always a beautiful thing. So glad that concept is so prevalent in our sport. Thanks for sharing this most recent example. Good on ya for putting out the bat signal

The Shop

ga_pike
5/6/2017 5:59pm
Great story... thanks for sharing
observer
5/6/2017 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2017 6:02pm
That's just GREAT!
Love that....;-)
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
5/6/2017 6:47pm
Great story!!
BobbyM
5/6/2017 6:49pm
A side of the sport that we often overlook.......Today a family with a 6 year old arrived in Las Vegas to compete in the amateur Arenacross...
A side of the sport that we often overlook.......Today a family with a 6 year old arrived in Las Vegas to compete in the amateur Arenacross event. Although they shipped their bike early last week, unfortunately the motorcycle never showed up. As you can imagine the parents were distraught and were at a loss in how to break it to their son. At this point he would not be able to race at an event that he qualified for and traveled across the country to attend. However, in steps Lindsey Alkire to save the day. Lindsey reached out to myself and we put the word out that we needed help. Within an hour numerous Facebook friends(some we had met and some we hadn't) we're in the process of saving the day. A 50 dad from Vegas that wasn't even racing in the event loaded his sons bike up and delivered it to this family. Jeff Page being a dad himself didn't even hesitate when he got word of the situation. Back to my original point.... All to often we overlook all the good that happens everyday in this sport. We are not just racers but we are a fraternity.

Awesome... Was he for tomac or Dungey?
bad juju
5/6/2017 6:57pm
A side of the sport that we often overlook.......Today a family with a 6 year old arrived in Las Vegas to compete in the amateur Arenacross...

BobbyM wrote:
Awesome... Was he for tomac or Dungey?
Tomac, of course!
tuggy450
5/6/2017 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2017 7:53pm
I had a senior loan me his cr500 one year when i crunched my trans. I ended up going one one on his stocker in my class. I had to avoid all of the bumps to avoid ending up on my head , gnarly sand track . Made me wonder? wtf I beat guys by avoiding the bumps? Longer way around but faster i guess anyway thanks john

Post a reply to: No bike - No problem. The fraternity of MX

The Latest