No Vurb, no 2 Stankin?

Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 10:18am
I know the nationals are still a little ways off but I was just re-watching a few stankdog videos on youtube when I had a heartbreaking realization... since Vurb folded does that mean we wont get 2017 2 Stankin videos? I really hope someone steps up and continues that series. Sad
|
ti473
3/9/2017 9:39am
One can only hope...
3/9/2017 10:43am
One can only hope...

his bikes would be more reliable this time around.
aeffertz
3/9/2017 10:59am
Is he racing a 125 again this year?
3/9/2017 11:00am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2017 11:05am
Just from the way they talk on the pulp show I assume he is but I don't know it for a fact. Also on the privateer island podcasts Cade Clason mentioned if he doesn't get a ride this summer he is going to get his 250 2 stroke out and hit a few rounds with Stankdog. I'm not sure if he is just speculating or if he knows Steinke is doing it for sure.

The Shop

305FC250
3/9/2017 11:12am
I hope he races a 125 again and I hope someone continues the video series.
sam hain
3/9/2017 11:18am
He's doing the AX series right now on a Kawi I believe. I've seen a couple interviews with him but he never mentions '17 nationals.
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
3/9/2017 11:18am
Has anyone ever heard a 2 stroke back to back with a 4 stroke and actually preferred the 4 stroke sound?

You can call me bias but I can't wrap my head around it. The 2 strokes sound awesome!
zehn
3/9/2017 11:25am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2017 11:25am
kott0n wrote:
Has anyone ever heard a 2 stroke back to back with a 4 stroke and actually preferred the 4 stroke sound? You can call me bias...
Has anyone ever heard a 2 stroke back to back with a 4 stroke and actually preferred the 4 stroke sound?

You can call me bias but I can't wrap my head around it. The 2 strokes sound awesome!
Two strokes obviously sound great but so does a wrung-out 250F bouncing off the rev limiter. IMO
JBecker 72
3/9/2017 11:39am
The 2 stankin videos were awesome. Loved the music selection they used as well. Men At Work playing in a riding video? Hell yeah!
3/9/2017 11:43am
JBecker 72 wrote:
The 2 stankin videos were awesome. Loved the music selection they used as well. Men At Work playing in a riding video? Hell yeah!
Couldn't agree more! To me those videos showed what motocross is supposed to be about. Get a 2 stroke, go race it, and above all else have a damn good time doing it.
JBecker 72
3/9/2017 12:00pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
Couldn't agree more! To me those videos showed what motocross is supposed to be about. Get a 2 stroke, go race it, and above all else...
Couldn't agree more! To me those videos showed what motocross is supposed to be about. Get a 2 stroke, go race it, and above all else have a damn good time doing it.
Yeah, a throwback to the days when your local fast guy showed up on a regular bike in the back of his pickup and was competitive.

There's also Robby Marshall who qualified for Southwick in 5th place and finished inside the top 20 on a KTM 250SX.
moto711
3/9/2017 12:51pm
So bummed! Was a good time watching the behind the scenes life of Stank! The guys at Vurb really had a awesome thing going. Always liked watching the different stories of these privateers traveling the country.

Actually am pretty bummed we never got to officially release the T-shirt design we had designed to go along with the series. Have a handful of samples left if anybody is interested in a Vurb/Stankdog limited shirt?

JBecker 72
3/9/2017 12:55pm
moto711 wrote:
So bummed! Was a good time watching the behind the scenes life of Stank! The guys at Vurb really had a awesome thing going. Always liked...
So bummed! Was a good time watching the behind the scenes life of Stank! The guys at Vurb really had a awesome thing going. Always liked watching the different stories of these privateers traveling the country.

Actually am pretty bummed we never got to officially release the T-shirt design we had designed to go along with the series. Have a handful of samples left if anybody is interested in a Vurb/Stankdog limited shirt?

I'd buy one
3/9/2017 12:56pm
moto711 wrote:
So bummed! Was a good time watching the behind the scenes life of Stank! The guys at Vurb really had a awesome thing going. Always liked...

JBecker 72 wrote:
I'd buy one
X2
Rockinar
3/9/2017 4:31pm
Husky should give him a spot in the big rig on a 125 for Nationals. He would create more buzz for Husky than money can buy.

I'd bet the autograph line for Stanky would be longer than for Ozzy.
3/10/2017 7:57am
Rockinar wrote:
Husky should give him a spot in the big rig on a 125 for Nationals. He would create more buzz for Husky than money can buy...
Husky should give him a spot in the big rig on a 125 for Nationals. He would create more buzz for Husky than money can buy.

He made so many fans the last couple years that you would think he would be extremely valuable for marketing for someone like Husky. Or think of companies like FMF, Bill's, or Pro Circuit. If one of them would support him and be a big time sponsor that would be huge for their company. I watched the series last year and all I could think of was dang, I need a 125! So I bought one and proceeded to purchase products from FMF and Moto Tassinari. And I bet I'm not the only one who had that kind of reaction. If a company that supports 2 strokes would step up and be a main sponsor for him I bet the consumer support for said company would be huge!
sam hain
3/10/2017 8:03am
I think Fly and Alpinestars gave him free gear, one episode he mentioned FMF giving him a pipe/silencer if memory serves me correct. I teased my dad asking if stank was my long lost brother, he could pass for my dad's twin from the 80's.
3/10/2017 8:31am
I believe the pipes were from Pro Circuit. You would think a company like that could justify a deal like "we will pay all your expenses and get you to the races, but that bike is going to be one big ass pro circuit logo." IF they do a video series again that would be a massive amount of advertising!
3/10/2017 8:34am
moto711 wrote:

x3 Definitely need that shirt
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
3/10/2017 8:39am
kott0n wrote:
Has anyone ever heard a 2 stroke back to back with a 4 stroke and actually preferred the 4 stroke sound? You can call me bias...

What appealed to some people early on was the sound of 30-40 450 4 strokes off the start at outdoor races all thundering towards the first corner. One on one I think most those same people would say a 2 stroke sounds better than a 4 stroke though.
JRT812
3/10/2017 8:43am
moto711 wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:
I'd buy one
I will purchase one!
3/10/2017 9:16am
Hey everyone sell your four stroke then buy a two stroke and parts for it. Then watch what happens. Novel concept.
JSmith
3/10/2017 10:27am
JBecker 72 wrote:
Couldn't agree more! To me those videos showed what motocross is supposed to be about. Get a 2 stroke, go race it, and above all else...
JBecker 72 wrote:
Yeah, a throwback to the days when your local fast guy showed up on a regular bike in the back of his pickup and was competitive...
Yeah, a throwback to the days when your local fast guy showed up on a regular bike in the back of his pickup and was competitive.

There's also Robby Marshall who qualified for Southwick in 5th place and finished inside the top 20 on a KTM 250SX.
I'm right there with you guys! Those videos were awesome! The first one with the Men at Work song was very well put together. I pull it up every now and then and re-watch it. Hell I'm going to link it right here, right now, LOL.

Zaugg
3/10/2017 11:06am
Seems like very year someone races the nationals on a 2 stroke, gets his ass handed to him, and then fades away.

He had the Vurb guys helping him with the videos but now with Vurb closing their doors to focus on META full time, I wouldn't expect to see much support for this type of effort unless self funded or self produced.

Good luck if it happens again this year. Always cool hearing a 2 stroke at the Nationals.

holverson34
3/10/2017 10:13pm
Rockinar wrote:
Husky should give him a spot in the big rig on a 125 for Nationals. He would create more buzz for Husky than money can buy...

That'd be awesome. Husky and their sponsors get exposure and Steinke gets to go have a good time with a little more luxury. Would be cool to see
Starcrossed
3/10/2017 10:26pm
I believe the pipes were from Pro Circuit. You would think a company like that could justify a deal like "we will pay all your expenses...
I believe the pipes were from Pro Circuit. You would think a company like that could justify a deal like "we will pay all your expenses and get you to the races, but that bike is going to be one big ass pro circuit logo." IF they do a video series again that would be a massive amount of advertising!
They were from Pro Circuit. I was hanging around his pit when FedEx delivered three pipes from PC to Southwick. Unfortunately they didn't fit, and an all out search had to be conducted on the grounds to find a suitable pipe. The unit he had on the bike was severely dented and unusable.
JRT812
3/13/2017 10:38am
moto711 wrote:

Shirt was delivered today and I am looking forward to seeing it when I get off of work. Thanks again for sending it!
Skidaddle
3/13/2017 11:07am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2017 11:09am
I believe the pipes were from Pro Circuit. You would think a company like that could justify a deal like "we will pay all your expenses...
Mitch started with Husky.

Post a reply to: No Vurb, no 2 Stankin?

The Latest