No Villopoto '16, Herlings stays MX2, Desalle to KRT and Everts to HRC?

KlootZak
Edited Date/Time 7/10/2015 5:30am
Read it all here

The article basically states that Kawasaki is looking for new riders. Most likely RV will have given an answer about not wanting to do the GPs in 2016, and therefore KRT is looking further on. Therefore they try to sign Desalle who is in his last year contract with Suzuki and is the only rider with championship hopes and is available for next year. Besides Desalle, Shaun Simpson is also linked to KRT

It looks like Herlings is also going to stay in the MX2 class because it would weaken KTM's goal to win MXGP and MX2 class (which frankly is bollocks as Jonass is rock solid during his debut year).

And finally HRC might sign Stefan Everts to run their team. Everts lost his position as team manager due to Herlings debacle of last year. Now he's running the youth division of KTM (= step down the ladder)

|
kkawboy14
6/20/2015 12:07pm
.....speculation is better than what we get out of many, silence!

The Shop

Paul333
6/20/2015 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 4:45pm
I just read it, seems like 99% pure common sense based on the riders who do have deals in place verses riders who will be available. If Desalle & Febvre dont have 2016 deals it only makes sense KRT w/Monster money are going after them heavy.

I personally don’t believe Jeffrey Herlings will stay in MX2. I think it would be a PR nightmare and it’s not the push over class for him like it used to be. Plenty of riders are catching and beating him now. Maybe not consistently enough this year to top him in points, but next year could be very different. He needs to move up before he gets beaten in MX2.
kkawboy14
6/20/2015 12:19pm
SPECULATION
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

But it is still something!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/20/2015 12:20pm
I have always defended Herlings for not moving up but it's starting to seriously getting ridiculous.
He's not only making no progress, he's actually getting worse. He was better than now 2 years ago already...

In a recent interview he said there's nothing decided and they decide in mid August or September.

This whole thing just makes me dislike KTM even more. Hopefully Febvre can pull off this title (nothing against Cairoli at all)
6/20/2015 12:21pm
Paul333 wrote:
I just read it, seems like 99% pure common sense based on the riders who do have deals in place verses riders who will be available...
I just read it, seems like 99% pure common sense based on the riders who do have deals in place verses riders who will be available. If Desalle & Febvre dont have 2016 deals it only makes sense KRT w/Monster money are going after them heavy.

I personally don’t believe Jeffrey Herlings will stay in MX2. I think it would be a PR nightmare and it’s not the push over class for him like it used to be. Plenty of riders are catching and beating him now. Maybe not consistently enough this year to top him in points, but next year could be very different. He needs to move up before he gets beaten in MX2.
..Febvre' just resigned with Yamaha...
kongols
6/20/2015 12:22pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I have always defended Herlings for not moving up but it's starting to seriously getting ridiculous. He's not only making no progress, he's actually getting worse...
I have always defended Herlings for not moving up but it's starting to seriously getting ridiculous.
He's not only making no progress, he's actually getting worse. He was better than now 2 years ago already...

In a recent interview he said there's nothing decided and they decide in mid August or September.

This whole thing just makes me dislike KTM even more. Hopefully Febvre can pull off this title (nothing against Cairoli at all)
Never been a fan of KTM. While I understand what they are doing, it`s so stupid to us, fans.
6/20/2015 12:27pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I have always defended Herlings for not moving up but it's starting to seriously getting ridiculous. He's not only making no progress, he's actually getting worse...

totally agree , if he wins this year he has 3 worldtitles ... time to move up , Everts wanted him to move up last year but KTM didnt want to let him race the 450 class.... looks like he has to leave KTM in order to move up to MXGP , like Roczen did ....

Febvre just signed a 2 year deal with Yamaha ... so its Desalle who could make a switch
Sandberm
6/20/2015 12:34pm
What was the Herlings debacle last year that caused Everts to get demoted? If it was his broken leg from riding the 80, why was that Everts fault?

Herlings appears to be getting complacent/lazy in the 250 class, no?
KlootZak
6/20/2015 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 12:52pm
Sandberm wrote:
What was the Herlings debacle last year that caused Everts to get demoted? If it was his broken leg from riding the 80, why was that...
What was the Herlings debacle last year that caused Everts to get demoted? If it was his broken leg from riding the 80, why was that Everts fault?

Yes 85cc charity race, because it was Everts event and he asked him to race the event. He also said Herlings should miss the GP of Thailand (I think) at the beginning of the series because Herlings had a problem with his shoulder (or something) and he should better rest and recover because he will probably clinch the title anyway. In hindsight, he could have raced there (because it was not an injury) and ultimately have wrapped up the title even with the crash ... In my opinion, it was Herlings responsibility and decision (to race either GP of Thailand and charity race) but yeah ...
6/20/2015 12:52pm
Sandberm wrote:
What was the Herlings debacle last year that caused Everts to get demoted? If it was his broken leg from riding the 80, why was that...

Everts wanted him to move up last year , but clashed with KTM as they wanted him to stay in MX2 .... that decision was made before his injury last year .... Herlings isnt getting any better with another year in MX2 ....
PastranaWho
6/20/2015 1:10pm
Would love too see ktm and AC not win mxgp championship this year. I think the herlings ktm situation staying mx2 is pure shit. GO FEVBRE!!!!
pmcc
6/20/2015 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 3:21pm
I think the Herlings staying in Mx2 idea has changed this week, with cairoli getting hurt last week it shows MXGP title isn't a given like KTM seemed to think before. During the week they abruptly moved Davy Pootjes out of emx250 and put him in mx2 for the rest of this year, I assume to get as much experience as possible because if Herlings moves up KTM need him as the 2nd guy in Mx2 next year
Flatliner
6/20/2015 3:37pm
You'd think herlings would like to come to America and race the nats.... He's young, seems to have the personality to want to do it.
Mit12
6/20/2015 3:50pm
Flatliner wrote:
You'd think herlings would like to come to America and race the nats.... He's young, seems to have the personality to want to do it.
I read an interview with Herlings and it seems that he wants nothing to do with SX.
Paul333
6/20/2015 4:47pm
pmcc wrote:
I think the Herlings staying in Mx2 idea has changed this week, with cairoli getting hurt last week it shows MXGP title isn't a given like...
I think the Herlings staying in Mx2 idea has changed this week, with cairoli getting hurt last week it shows MXGP title isn't a given like KTM seemed to think before. During the week they abruptly moved Davy Pootjes out of emx250 and put him in mx2 for the rest of this year, I assume to get as much experience as possible because if Herlings moves up KTM need him as the 2nd guy in Mx2 next year
Good info
6/20/2015 9:40pm
He's 20. Younger than Jeremy Martin and over 5 years younger than Marvin Musquin.
JB479
6/20/2015 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 9:55pm
Flatliner wrote:
Mit12 wrote:
I read an interview with Herlings and it seems that he wants nothing to do with SX.
I saw in moto 3, Herlings said his Dream/goal was to go to america? It was his dream to race supercross and be in the spotlight. This was maybe 2/3 years ago now.
jeffro503
6/20/2015 10:03pm
Sandberm wrote:

KlootZak wrote:
Yes 85cc charity race, because it was Everts event and he asked him to race the event. He also said Herlings should miss the GP of...
Yes 85cc charity race, because it was Everts event and he asked him to race the event. He also said Herlings should miss the GP of Thailand (I think) at the beginning of the series because Herlings had a problem with his shoulder (or something) and he should better rest and recover because he will probably clinch the title anyway. In hindsight, he could have raced there (because it was not an injury) and ultimately have wrapped up the title even with the crash ... In my opinion, it was Herlings responsibility and decision (to race either GP of Thailand and charity race) but yeah ...
I think that's a bullshit move on KTM's part. Stefan is / should be a leader with whatever team he decides to be with. The guy is a legend and extremely knowledgeable about the sport. So he takes it in the shorts because Herlings wrecks? Crazy. Who the hell knew he was going to wreck? They must of thought Stefan;s crystal ball was working correctly , when it wasn't.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/20/2015 11:02pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
.....speculation is better than what we get out of many, silence!
Others don't know when to shut up.Smile
Crush
6/20/2015 11:31pm
Why would you go after Desalle?
steed 2.0
6/20/2015 11:34pm
pmcc wrote:
I think the Herlings staying in Mx2 idea has changed this week, with cairoli getting hurt last week it shows MXGP title isn't a given like...
Cairoli is key whether he wins or loses the Championship
Seamorbutts
6/20/2015 11:41pm
crusty_xx wrote:

totally agree , if he wins this year he has 3 worldtitles ... time to move up , Everts wanted him to move up last year...
totally agree , if he wins this year he has 3 worldtitles ... time to move up , Everts wanted him to move up last year but KTM didnt want to let him race the 450 class.... looks like he has to leave KTM in order to move up to MXGP , like Roczen did ....

Febvre just signed a 2 year deal with Yamaha ... so its Desalle who could make a switch
If he really wanted to move up he could have. KTM would not make him stay in MX2 if he threaten to leave, no way.
Crush
6/20/2015 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 11:43pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Why wouldn't you?
Not sure who else is available, but he's pretty consistently shown he gets injured a lot and can't finish a season. Nagl too. It's all good to cross your fingers for that one maybe possible season where it all goes right–say Canard 2010... BUT it's a good enough reason to look elsewhere IMO. Especially if he's your number one guy.

kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
6/20/2015 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 11:47pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Why wouldn't you?
Crush wrote:
Not sure who else is available, but he's pretty consistently shown he gets injured a lot and can't finish a season. Nagl too. It's all good...
Not sure who else is available, but he's pretty consistently shown he gets injured a lot and can't finish a season. Nagl too. It's all good to cross your fingers for that one maybe possible season where it all goes right–say Canard 2010... BUT it's a good enough reason to look elsewhere IMO. Especially if he's your number one guy.

Kinda seems like they did look elsewhere, which is why RV2 was riding for them. However, who else are they gonna get? Everyone else is locked up. Taking a shot on Desalle is better than bringing back Rattray to ride around in 10th.

Post a reply to: No Villopoto '16, Herlings stays MX2, Desalle to KRT and Everts to HRC?

The Latest