01.07 SVEMO Uddevalla Sweden
29.07 FMB Tba Belgium
05.08 ACCR Loket Czech Republic
19.08 ACU Matterley Basin Great Britain
02.09 KNMV Lierop The Netherlands
09.09 FFM Ernée France
07.10 BMF Sevlievo Bulgaria
14.10 FMI tba Italy
http://www.mxlarge.com/news/5269-fim-motocross-world-championships-2012…
|
Mstock
7/7/2011 6:52am
Do you blame them? The US fans and media did it to themselves. Lierop is back though.
mom241
7/7/2011 6:53am
Good. No angry 15 page annual gripe.
Overdrive
7/7/2011 6:54am
So will Glen Helen try to get its national back?
jamma10
7/7/2011 6:54am
mom241 wrote:
Don't speak too soon! Grinning

The Shop

Overdrive
7/7/2011 6:57am
mom241 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Don't speak too soon! Grinning
This one will be good for at least 10 pages of moaning....lol
500guy
7/7/2011 7:03am
I think past History has taught us that the GP schedule is more of a suggestion and very subject to change.

I will use the Mexico GP for example where in the heck would that be ?

The USGP was nothing more than an attempted slap in the face to MXsports by the two most unlikely partners ever that backfired miserably
Ashleymx
7/7/2011 7:03am
WOW I thought they invested allot of money into local infrastructure and had long term plans. That sux. I had hopes that it would attract the odd top USA rider in the near future.
Skinnly
7/7/2011 7:05am
If you want a successful USGP you must invite US riders.If they would of even got kdub for instance,15000 more would of showed up.
jamma10
7/7/2011 7:08am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2011 7:10am
500guy wrote:
I think past History has taught us that the GP schedule is more of a suggestion and very subject to change. I will use the Mexico...
I think past History has taught us that the GP schedule is more of a suggestion and very subject to change.

The USGP was nothing more than an attempted slap in the face to MXsports by the two most unlikely partners ever that backfired miserably
So why is Davey Coombes happy to keep visiting GP's and doing business with Youthstream? You would think he would distance himself from them if it was indeed, a slap in the face'. Why are you always so cynical?
DL
7/7/2011 7:08am
It's a bummer. Hope it will be back on the schedule for 2013.
7/7/2011 7:09am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2011 7:13am
who cares about the USGP?! (the american public obviously dont!) the important thing is- LIEROP IS BACK!!!!! best gp of the year by far, nothing compares to lierop!!!! Smile

im disappointed to see la baneza back on there again- the track is awful! bring back talavera! or bellpuig

also- belgium TBA? normally at lommel, would we see genk back on the calendar?!

think i will be visiting lierop gp, valkenswaard, matterly and possibly the belgian one (depending where it is) next year then! any excuse to go to belgium/ holland, we love it over there!!!
500guy
7/7/2011 7:13am
500guy wrote:
I think past History has taught us that the GP schedule is more of a suggestion and very subject to change. I will use the Mexico...

jamma10 wrote:
So why is Davey Coombes happy to keep visiting GP's and doing business with Youthstream? You would think he would distance himself from them if it...
So why is Davey Coombes happy to keep visiting GP's and doing business with Youthstream? You would think he would distance himself from them if it was indeed, a slap in the face'. Why are you always so cynical?
Because DC is a good business man ,

not because he would walk across the street to piss on them if they were on fire.
Whitey
7/7/2011 7:20am
2 rounds in October also. which is strange as the Des Nations are usually in September...
7/7/2011 7:23am
Some of the toughest riders on the planet head to Lierop in Holland knowing that what they are about to take part in is a race which will leave them battered and bruised for days.

No man has fully mastered the toughest track on the planet, many have tried including one of the greatest sand riders in history Stefan Everts, but he will fully admit it takes total commitment to win in Benelux.

Sit back and watch today’s stars ride what could be called a motocross version of hell.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/7/2011 7:35am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2011 7:36am
500guy wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
So why is Davey Coombes happy to keep visiting GP's and doing business with Youthstream? You would think he would distance himself from them if it...
Jay can be pretty cynical, but that post is pretty spot on with respect to both the contingent nature of the calendar over the last couple years and the characterization of how the USGP came to pass. It may be that the way the race played out has as much as anything to do with any rapprochement between MXSports and YS.

If it's gone, that's a shame; I wonder who pulled the plug.
7/7/2011 7:40am
steedmills wrote:
Some of the toughest riders on the planet head to Lierop in Holland knowing that what they are about to take part in is a race...
Some of the toughest riders on the planet head to Lierop in Holland knowing that what they are about to take part in is a race which will leave them battered and bruised for days.

No man has fully mastered the toughest track on the planet, many have tried including one of the greatest sand riders in history Stefan Everts, but he will fully admit it takes total commitment to win in Benelux.

Sit back and watch today’s stars ride what could be called a motocross version of hell.
i cant wait to see herlings at lierop! he was injured last year- roczen and cairoli were very impressive there though
rileymx
7/7/2011 7:41am
congratulations to all the american rednecks out there, now you all can go to your 4 stroke world championship and be world champions and be the worlds best all over again....!!!!!!
i know that a lot of american mx fans didn't deserve this and that it is a loss for the sport, but then again it look like you were just a few that couldn't even fill half a track.
so i agree that there are other places where people love the sport and the possibility to see some of the best race live.
there was a thinking that a true world championship had to go to usa also, just no one tought that it would be the americans that dont feel part of planet earth and have their ilusion of a world of their own........
i bet that anyhere else in the mx world fans won't miss a chance to see a mxgp race as they won't a ama outdoor, anywhere but in usa.......
a
so i agree with youthstream, leave them to their national racism and move on......after all i get to see the american races on my tv and in my pc as i do the mxgp ones, and i am sure all the motocross fans in american can do the same.......and by the knowlage we get of the sport worldwide we can, we the mx fans, always come here and exchange ideas and views of it all learning more about our loved sport.....
ayearinmx
7/7/2011 7:42am
big gap in september..... MXDN then me thinks.... would also explain why the Belgian race is TBA, don't want two races there in a month
Hanaa80
7/7/2011 7:46am
500guy wrote:

This
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/7/2011 7:48am
rileymx wrote:
congratulations to all the american rednecks out there, now you all can go to your 4 stroke world championship and be world champions and be the...
congratulations to all the american rednecks out there, now you all can go to your 4 stroke world championship and be world champions and be the worlds best all over again....!!!!!!
i know that a lot of american mx fans didn't deserve this and that it is a loss for the sport, but then again it look like you were just a few that couldn't even fill half a track.
so i agree that there are other places where people love the sport and the possibility to see some of the best race live.
there was a thinking that a true world championship had to go to usa also, just no one tought that it would be the americans that dont feel part of planet earth and have their ilusion of a world of their own........
i bet that anyhere else in the mx world fans won't miss a chance to see a mxgp race as they won't a ama outdoor, anywhere but in usa.......
a
so i agree with youthstream, leave them to their national racism and move on......after all i get to see the american races on my tv and in my pc as i do the mxgp ones, and i am sure all the motocross fans in american can do the same.......and by the knowlage we get of the sport worldwide we can, we the mx fans, always come here and exchange ideas and views of it all learning more about our loved sport.....
Blame your promoters. Maybe the race would have done better if even an ounce of effort had gone into promoting the race locally, it was on TV here, and choosing something other than by far the stupidest date possible for the race.
kongols
7/7/2011 7:50am
Who didn`t see this coming? I was saying all along- it has no future if it`s not joint effort of FIM and MxSports.
rileymx
7/7/2011 7:51am
if they put the mxdn before 2 mxgp races they are killing it too.....
like what is happening in enduro with the isde, where all major racers and teams are bailling out due to having wec races after and not wanting to take riscks in a prestige race
mom241
7/7/2011 7:52am
Do they have rednecks in Europe? Just asking
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
7/7/2011 8:00am
rileymx wrote:
congratulations to all the american rednecks out there, now you all can go to your 4 stroke world championship and be world champions and be the...
a
kongols
7/7/2011 8:02am
Strange date for GP of Latvia too. 23-24 of june is a national holiday here, when whole country is partying. It`s been latvian celebration day for more than 800 years. That will cut attendance by half. Dumb move.

Post a reply to: No USGP 2012

The Latest