No More Muddy Creek Pro National...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2018 9:07 AM

Photo
|

10/3/2018 9:12 AM

Just saw this. Was surprised there wasn’t a thread about this before yours. That’s interesting

|

10/3/2018 9:21 AM

WW is cool...but I don't think its National worthy. Just my .02. Roast me.

|

10/3/2018 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2018 9:22 AM

Where is the Jacksonville FL national Going to be held at?

edit: I just read WW from TJ above

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

10/3/2018 9:22 AM

bvm111 wrote:

Where is the Jacksonville FL national Going to be held at?

edit: I just read WW from TJ above

I think WW Ranch.

|

10/3/2018 9:22 AM

orange_44 wrote:

Just saw this. Was surprised there wasn’t a thread about this before yours. That’s interesting

There may have been, I might have missed it.

|

10/3/2018 9:25 AM

Wasnt there supposed to be some new places?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/3/2018 9:27 AM

orange_44 wrote:

twotwosix wrote:

There may have been, I might have missed it.

This was the first thread bud! Mav just posted a 2019 national schedule thread but yours was first.

|

10/3/2018 9:32 AM

Makes sense if you think geographically. Muddy Creek was what they considered southeast. This brings a national back to Florida. I wonder if this is a one shot deal to see if turnout warrants a continued event there? It's possible they move the SE event around until they can identify the most suitable location?

|

10/3/2018 9:33 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

That's exactly how I'd say it too. I was kind of disappointed with the viewing at the USGP.

|

10/3/2018 9:36 AM

From a racers perspective I’d rather do WW than Muddy Creek. More passing opportunity and I prefer sand over sawdust.

|

10/3/2018 9:36 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

That's exactly how I'd say it too. I was kind of disappointed with the viewing at the USGP.

Yeah me too.. was hoping Gatorback got it..

|

10/3/2018 9:51 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

I personally think there are better tracks. I haven't been to WW to attest to the venue as a whole but I know I love Monster Mountain and what they did for the ATV national there made the track even better.

When I think of tracks on the National Schedule I picture Icons of American Motocross lore, not a man made track in the flattest state in the country that only as huge jumps.

For the record I didn't think it was worthy of an MXGP either (nor was the Charlotte track).

|

10/3/2018 9:53 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

Well, hopefully they took good notes and will make improvements to viewing for spectators. A "little bit" of new dirt could go a long way there.

|

10/3/2018 9:55 AM

Does this track have an actual name, or is it really dubya dubya (WW). It's ridiculous that it's not even on their home page.

|

10/3/2018 9:57 AM

Should've been gatorback. Gnarly track.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

10/3/2018 10:01 AM

And Budds is back again. Seems like it's supposed to have been the last national there for the last 3 years

|

10/3/2018 12:50 PM

The usa outdoor season is to short. Should of just added FL and kept TN.

|

10/3/2018 1:50 PM

Why don't they do the SE national at monster mtn?

|

10/3/2018 2:03 PM

They can make a track into a national caliber track, it just takes hard work and $$. Thunder Valley use to be called Lakerock because it was a nasty dusty rocky waste of land with no place to park or pit but now look at it. Never been to WW but give it a chance and I am sure they can make it a national track.

|

Ed Johnson

10/3/2018 2:15 PM

WW in late june is going to be nasty. Heat, humidity, crappy view. Why monster mountain isnt on the list i will never know. TN at least had decent views and elevation change

|

10/3/2018 3:14 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Should've been gatorback. Gnarly track.

Wasn't the owners moving the track or something about Gatorback closing?

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

10/3/2018 3:20 PM

I really just think the southeast is worthy of more than one National race in a season. Just not enough tracks to do that.

|

10/3/2018 3:22 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

They can make a track into a national caliber track, it just takes hard work and $$. Thunder Valley use to be called Lakerock ...more

Thunder valley is on the side of a large hill so that’s a natural benefit this place doesn’t have no matter how much money you spend.

|

10/3/2018 3:48 PM

AZRider wrote:

WW in late june is going to be nasty. Heat, humidity, crappy view. Why monster mountain isnt on the list i will never know. TN ...more

Monster Mountain is a great track. But getting everyone in there would be a nightmare.
There's not near enough parking and I'm not sure they even have the infrastructure needed for a National.

And yeah I know, they did a quad national there. But comparing that to a MX national is laughable.

I wasn't there, but on TV it looked like WW did a nice job on the MXGP last year.

|

10/3/2018 4:52 PM

What about Chicken Licks Racewy

|

10/3/2018 5:25 PM

Frank wrote:

The usa outdoor season is to short. Should of just added FL and kept TN.

X2

|

10/3/2018 5:33 PM

AZRider wrote:

WW in late june is going to be nasty. Heat, humidity, crappy view. Why monster mountain isnt on the list i will never know. TN ...more

Agreed. MM with infrastructure upgrades is THE venue for late May. Scrub 2 SX early and move to MX,

|

10/3/2018 5:34 PM

WW does have a perfectly round pond. Ideal for drone shots wink

|

10/3/2018 5:39 PM

lisenbyjacob wrote:

I really just think the southeast is worthy of more than one National race in a season. Just not enough tracks to do that.

Yes based on team relocation base. Common sense peeps.

|