No MXoN for Kawasaki

mxb2
8/9/2019 5:25am
JMX82 wrote:
The MXON definitely hasn't lost it's magic. I was at Maggiora in 2016 and Red bud last year and I can tell you that atmosphere at...
The MXON definitely hasn't lost it's magic. I was at Maggiora in 2016 and Red bud last year and I can tell you that atmosphere at MXON something really magical and other races can't even be compared to it.

MEC is just basically a Kawasaki/Monster exhibition race for US audience compared to world wide exposure that MXON has. It's really shame that Kawasaki doesn't see that way.
They have millions of reasons .
Rupert X
8/9/2019 5:32am
Hell no, I shan’t be so childish as to Boycott Kawasaki. I’m MANcotting Kawasaki. I’ve already damn well chosen Eli, Adam & Zach to go, ain’t no Team Green gonna **** up my plans. Morans!

The Shop

Rupert X
8/9/2019 5:38am
Kawasaki, Eli, Adam; Here’s the main problem with you NOT going to Assen and NOT competing in the MXDN. IT IS UnAmerican.
280driver
8/9/2019 6:20am
I think it’s pretty simple. AC needs the time to get up to speed on the 450 and ET wants the time to prep of SX.
Premix
8/9/2019 7:17am
I would think as a rider, one of the notches I would want to have in my belt is a MXDN win.

As Kawasaki, I would want redemption for the poor performance at Red Bud

Clement Desalle will be there. You're telling me the MXGP Kawi team can't have two bikes prepped for ET and AC? That they couldn't support them? There's plenty of room under that tent.

It's just a lame excuse, it's a slap in the face to American moto fan and a black eye for American Kawi
mxb2
8/9/2019 7:22am
Premix wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/09/365403/s1200_67D24AE7_668E_4ABA_B7C7_81EB0F894112.jpg[/img]

Is that the same reed that doesnt race outdoors?
Premix
8/9/2019 7:28am
mxb2 wrote:
That’s the same 37 year old Reedy who is still lining up, raising 3 kids, and still has the drive to compete.

That’s the same RV that dominated with Kawi.

What’s ET and AC doing? Working on shaving some strokes off their golf game?
mxb2
8/9/2019 7:32am
mxb2 wrote:
Premix wrote:
That’s the same 37 year old Reedy who is still lining up, raising 3 kids, and still has the drive to compete. That’s the same RV...
That’s the same 37 year old Reedy who is still lining up, raising 3 kids, and still has the drive to compete.

Nothing stopping reed from racing outdoors. Then he could get picked for mxon. Looks like ac and eli working on winning a title to me.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/9/2019 7:33am
Falcon wrote:
Whatever the real reason is, I have an issue with it. Go race, you traitor cowards!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, just kidding. But I really...
Whatever the real reason is, I have an issue with it. Go race, you traitor cowards!!!!

GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning OK, just kidding. But I really do have a problem with all the excuses. "He needs time to prepare for the MEC," "There are too many races in the offseason," "He has to get ready for A1," "He's on a new bike..."
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's job is to race motocross, and the fact that they have to work 30 weeks out of the year doesn't make me feel sorry for them. 3) Any rider can continue to get ready for A1 while he races the MXDN; it's called multitasking. And 4) Ask Ryan Sipes about getting used to a new bike, because he's riding his 3rd one of the day right now.
kaptkaos wrote:
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's...
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's job is to race motocross, and the fact that they have to work 30 weeks out of the year doesn't make me feel sorry for them. 3) Any rider can continue to get ready for A1 while he races the MXDN; it's called multitasking. And 4) Ask Ryan Sipes about getting used to a new bike, because he's riding his 3rd one of the day right now.

X100!!!!

Boohoo they work 30 weeks a year! Lol.

They train hard for sure, and they take risks but active soldiers do way more and make peanuts. I worked at UPS as a driver and it was the worst, hardest thing I ever did and it was 50-60 hours a week 52 weeks a year and a full day was just as grueling on the body as training for moto, if not more.
kb228 wrote:
Multitasking doesnt work in competition. If you have a cycling race coming up where you could win $1,000,000 are you going to run to prepare to...
Multitasking doesnt work in competition. If you have a cycling race coming up where you could win $1,000,000 are you going to run to prepare to win it? Hell no youre going to cycle your ass off.

May be unpopular opinion but racing MXDN isnt that big of a deal anymore. Choose a million dollars or race basically for free and risk ruining your upcoming supercross season(which is more important anyway).

Be thankful the talent in the USA allows us to have a damn good B team. I dont think any other country can field 2 teams at the same level as our top guys.
Racing a dirt bike on a motocross track vs. racing one on a supercrossy motocross track is barely any different. Not even as different as running vs. cycling.
Furthermore, the riders we are talking about can and should be able to "switch gears" pretty quickly between disciplines. They do it in two weeks between the SX and MX seasons. You don't think November and December are enough time to dial in the SX settings?
mxb2
8/9/2019 7:34am
mxb2 wrote:
Premix wrote:
That’s the same 37 year old Reedy who is still lining up, raising 3 kids, and still has the drive to compete. That’s the same RV...

Yea they can golf with webb musquin kroc and ferrandis also not going by choice.
Premix
8/9/2019 7:38am
mxb2 wrote:
Nothing stopping reed from racing outdoors. Then he could get picked for mxon. Looks like ac and eli working on winning a title to me.
He’s 37 fucking years old, not in the prime of his career like those other two. You honestly think Reedy at the peak of his career would of ever turned this down?

If Kawi needs that much time to get a bike right, then their current model must be a dud.

And as far as them winning a title indoors, I would have them focus on building a bike that makes all the night shows first
kb228
8/9/2019 7:39am
kaptkaos wrote:
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's...

X100!!!!

They train hard for sure, and they take risks but active soldiers do way more and make peanuts. I worked at UPS as a driver and it was the worst, hardest thing I ever did and it was 50-60 hours a week 52 weeks a year and a full day was just as grueling on the body as training for moto, if not more.
kb228 wrote:
Multitasking doesnt work in competition. If you have a cycling race coming up where you could win $1,000,000 are you going to run to prepare to...
Multitasking doesnt work in competition. If you have a cycling race coming up where you could win $1,000,000 are you going to run to prepare to win it? Hell no youre going to cycle your ass off.

May be unpopular opinion but racing MXDN isnt that big of a deal anymore. Choose a million dollars or race basically for free and risk ruining your upcoming supercross season(which is more important anyway).

Be thankful the talent in the USA allows us to have a damn good B team. I dont think any other country can field 2 teams at the same level as our top guys.
Falcon wrote:
Racing a dirt bike on a motocross track vs. racing one on a supercrossy motocross track is barely any different. Not even as different as running...
Racing a dirt bike on a motocross track vs. racing one on a supercrossy motocross track is barely any different. Not even as different as running vs. cycling.
Furthermore, the riders we are talking about can and should be able to "switch gears" pretty quickly between disciplines. They do it in two weeks between the SX and MX seasons. You don't think November and December are enough time to dial in the SX settings?
If they arent different explain to me why MXGP guys can ride MX but cant ride SX?
mxb2
8/9/2019 7:46am
mxb2 wrote:
Premix wrote:
He’s 37 fucking years old, not in the prime of his career like those other two. You honestly think Reedy at the peak of his career...
He’s 37 fucking years old, not in the prime of his career like those other two. You honestly think Reedy at the peak of his career would of ever turned this down?

If Kawi needs that much time to get a bike right, then their current model must be a dud.

And as far as them winning a title indoors, I would have them focus on building a bike that makes all the night shows first
You just proved my point. Sx is more important to kawy than a non contracted race in europe. Yea that kawy sucks 40 mins in the heat. Compared to 16 minute main event. Lol. Ok. You mad at the other guys that turned it down?
.kyle
8/9/2019 7:53am
kb228 wrote:
If they arent different explain to me why MXGP guys can ride MX but cant ride SX?
Perhaps because the euro riders prefer to race the fastest riders in the world?

Perhaps because they don't like the utter snooze fest that is stupid cross?
Premix
8/9/2019 8:02am
mxb2 wrote:
You just proved my point. Sx is more important to kawy than a non contracted race in europe. Yea that kawy sucks 40 mins in the...
You just proved my point. Sx is more important to kawy than a non contracted race in europe. Yea that kawy sucks 40 mins in the heat. Compared to 16 minute main event. Lol. Ok. You mad at the other guys that turned it down?
I want to best riders we have to go. And I think you’ll agree that ET and AC are two of our best shots.

It’s not about what’s contracted. It’s not about the money. It’s about having pride in your countries moto culture and showcasing that ours is one of the best. That the talent we produce here is unrivaled. That the teams and people they employ are top notch.

The moment riders and teams stop racing because of corporate greed is the day moto has lost its soul. Which very well may of just happened.
biscuit11
8/9/2019 8:06am
kb228 wrote:
.kyle wrote:
Perhaps because the euro riders prefer to race the fastest riders in the world? Perhaps because they don't like the utter snooze fest that is stupid...
Perhaps because the euro riders prefer to race the fastest riders in the world?

Perhaps because they don't like the utter snooze fest that is stupid cross?
Well, there are more foreigners who come to America to race then there are non-european riders moving to europe to race the GPs. Lets be real the mxgp series is a full european circle jerk that sets up a track 2 times a year in a construction site in Indonesia so they can call it a "world" championship. Kinda a joke really when there are more people in trees outside the track watching the race then in the stands. But thats mxgp at its finest...
kkawboy14
8/9/2019 8:26am
kaptkaos wrote:

X100!!!!

kb228 wrote:

Falcon wrote:
Racing a dirt bike on a motocross track vs. racing one on a supercrossy motocross track is barely any different. Not even as different as running...
You have never raced indoor and outdoor have you?
.kyle
8/9/2019 8:36am
biscuit11 wrote:
Well, there are more foreigners who come to America to race then there are non-european riders moving to europe to race the GPs. Lets be real...
Well, there are more foreigners who come to America to race then there are non-european riders moving to europe to race the GPs. Lets be real the mxgp series is a full european circle jerk that sets up a track 2 times a year in a construction site in Indonesia so they can call it a "world" championship. Kinda a joke really when there are more people in trees outside the track watching the race then in the stands. But thats mxgp at its finest...
In no way I am saying MXGP is run well or the person who runs it is a saint, because he's not. He does drag people to some shit locations!

The reason more Euro riders ride in America could well be down to finance. Or maybe they are braver and more confident in their speed than American riders? European riders seem to do pretty darn well when they go over to America, whereas the Americans that have gone to Europe haven't met with the same successes. (Believe me, I REALLY wanted to see RV do well).

Not bashing America/Americans, but regarding MX I really do think you are too insular and don't believe anyone or anything else exists or is important enough to bother with.
Mr. Info
8/9/2019 8:39am
Huck how many NBA played are getting millions and could cover the cost themselves. Why not go. How many NBA, NFL, players are under contract and holding out for millions more and are getting millions now. Bad analogy to compare the 2. But it’s an opinion that should be thrown out there.
Ranman68
8/9/2019 8:39am
Ranman68 wrote:
Tomac and AC both have both stated (with a certain amount of enthusiam) that they would race the mxon if selected for the team. So you're...
Tomac and AC both have both stated (with a certain amount of enthusiam) that they would race the mxon if selected for the team. So you're saying that you know otherwise, that they are both straight up liars who were selected, and that Kawasaki simply helped them weasel their way out of doing what they said they'd do.
I don't agree with you one iota, and that's a shitty accusation to make with no proof. Since it involves negativity regarding Tomac and America, I knew there'd be a thumbs up from soy boy Richard Loots, and of course there was.
You should take Tomac and AC at their word unless you have a valid reason to not take them at their word.
hamncheeze wrote:
I think both riders are smart enough and/or have been coached enough by Kawasaki PR team to say what the public wants to hear "I'm all...
I think both riders are smart enough and/or have been coached enough by Kawasaki PR team to say what the public wants to hear "I'm all in if I'm selected" and "Of course I'd want to go if they want me". Something along those lines have been the words out of them when asked about MXoN this year. By doing this, Kawasaki is basically protecting their investments. They know if the riders come out and say "I'm not going because I'm focusing on SX" or "It's a big year because it's my rookie 450 season" they will be roasted by the fans. And if they go and lose, they'll be destroyed by the fans and in some cases, the media. Eli got to experience that in 2018. So Kawasaki saying they are not going gives the riders protection.

Call this a crazy theory, a shitty accusation, whatever you want but if you don't think it's a possibility then you have your head in the ground.
Whatever the case is, only Tomac and AC know. Anyone else is just speculating. Both of those guys have a history of being straight up, humble, honest, non excuse makers, and non braggers. Because of that, it's my opinion that people should just believe whatever they say unless there's a justified reason not to. That's my only point. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I'm going to go believe what AC and Tomac say until proven otherwise.
peltier626
8/9/2019 8:45am
Speak with the wallet. Don't show up for the MEC or watch it. Don't purchase kawi products.
Doddy
8/9/2019 8:51am
Screw Kawasaki. It is Insulting, embarrassing, cowardly, and just un-American.
mxb2
8/9/2019 8:57am
mxb2 wrote:
You just proved my point. Sx is more important to kawy than a non contracted race in europe. Yea that kawy sucks 40 mins in the...
Premix wrote:
I want to best riders we have to go. And I think you’ll agree that ET and AC are two of our best shots. It’s not...
I want to best riders we have to go. And I think you’ll agree that ET and AC are two of our best shots.

It’s not about what’s contracted. It’s not about the money. It’s about having pride in your countries moto culture and showcasing that ours is one of the best. That the talent we produce here is unrivaled. That the teams and people they employ are top notch.

The moment riders and teams stop racing because of corporate greed is the day moto has lost its soul. Which very well may of just happened.
Of course i want them to go, but i also dont pay them. Send the guys that wanna go, see what happens. New era now, like all sports. $$$
Ranman68
8/9/2019 9:09am
biscuit11 wrote:
Well, there are more foreigners who come to America to race then there are non-european riders moving to europe to race the GPs. Lets be real...
.kyle wrote:
In no way I am saying MXGP is run well or the person who runs it is a saint, because he's not. He does drag people...
In no way I am saying MXGP is run well or the person who runs it is a saint, because he's not. He does drag people to some shit locations!

The reason more Euro riders ride in America could well be down to finance. Or maybe they are braver and more confident in their speed than American riders? European riders seem to do pretty darn well when they go over to America, whereas the Americans that have gone to Europe haven't met with the same successes. (Believe me, I REALLY wanted to see RV do well).

Not bashing America/Americans, but regarding MX I really do think you are too insular and don't believe anyone or anything else exists or is important enough to bother with.
There's a reason why the euros that come here do better than the Americans who go to Europe. It's almost always world champions, former world champions, or top championship contenders from Europe that come to America to race ama. Mitchell Harrison going there isn't the same thing as Roczen coming here.
The American champions and championship contenders do not stay in America out of "fear" that they can't win in Europe. It's amazing how often I see that ridiculous assumption. It's about money and homeland. Why would a top American want to go to a foreign land they don't know, make way less money, and struggle for a year or two in order to adapt enough to start getting top results again? Why not just stay here where you're at home and where the money is bigger? Trust me if top Americans knew they could make bigger money in the GP series, you'd see top Americans lined up in mxgp.
The notion that RV got his butt kicked is bogus. Despite the bike dying on the starting line, setup way off, and the lackluster finish at Qatar, RV was 4th in points when he got injured, and with one decisive GP overall win logged. An overall win within the first 4 races of a series he was knew to and struggling to adapt to. That's not bad at all. It's actually impressive as hell. Especially when RV hadn't raced an outdoor event in two years before going to Europe. Anyone who knows motocross and watched RV knows full well that had he not gotten injured, he would have gotten his bike setup better and his results would have gotten better as the series progressed. There's no doubt in my mind that there are GP tracks he would have been wicked fast on and would have won on as he did in past mxon events.
You really ought to give the American riders more credit and not make unfair comparisons. RV didn't get hurt because he wasn't good enough to win in Europe or win the mxgp title. He got hurt because he crashed and it's part of the sport. The same way Dasalle, Cairoli, and others wound up injured in the following weeks. It happens to the best riders everywhere.
Top American riders are not afraid. Trust me. They stay here because there's no logical reason for them to go to Europe and race the GPs. There are valid reasons and great opportunities for GP elites in America, and therefore some come here. It's about opportunity and big money. Nothing more.
kkawboy14
8/9/2019 9:29am
Doddy wrote:
Screw Kawasaki. It is Insulting, embarrassing, cowardly, and just un-American.
They are a Japanese company!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/9/2019 9:38am
kb228 wrote:

Falcon wrote:
kb228 wrote:
I never said they aren't different; only that they are very closely related. Also, we're talking about U.S. riders who can ride MX and SX, quite well, not GP riders who do not train nor practice for SX.

Post a reply to: No MXoN for Kawasaki

The Latest