No MXoN for Kawasaki

Press516
Fantasy
126th
8/8/2019 2:15pm
I don't like it, but they don't give a damn what I think....

I'll take the teams and riders that both want to go.
jcp411
8/8/2019 2:40pm
I enjoy the people on here saying it’s the riders that don’t want to go and the team is covering for them! Make shit up much??? Were you in the room when this was said? Do you have a mic attached to Tomac and Adam?
8/8/2019 2:49pm
I think Tomac has as much to do with the decision as Kawasaki did.
Disagree. If Kawasaki truly saw value in the event they wouldn’t keep AC back just because Tomac doesn’t want to go.
steed 2.0
8/8/2019 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2019 2:55pm
GuyB wrote:
I don’t think anyone has to necessarily like Monster Energy Kawasaki’s position, but I certainly understand it. Eli probably should have won the last two SX...
I don’t think anyone has to necessarily like Monster Energy Kawasaki’s position, but I certainly understand it.

Eli probably should have won the last two SX series. I get the full focus there. Adam moving to the 450 class? He’ll need the time and focus...especially if he’s racing the Monster Energy Cup.

Boycotts? C’mon...

Instead of sniveling about who’s not going, how about getting behind the guys who are?
My gut feeling... Team Germany, Great Britain, France and USA all in the same boat... With Holland as favorites of course but, Osbourne and Anderson ain't B class in the sand...there is more than enough sand around the Bakers Factory 🤐

The Shop

kaptkaos
8/8/2019 3:08pm
Falcon wrote:
Whatever the real reason is, I have an issue with it. Go race, you traitor cowards!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, just kidding. But I really...
Whatever the real reason is, I have an issue with it. Go race, you traitor cowards!!!!

GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning OK, just kidding. But I really do have a problem with all the excuses. "He needs time to prepare for the MEC," "There are too many races in the offseason," "He has to get ready for A1," "He's on a new bike..."
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's job is to race motocross, and the fact that they have to work 30 weeks out of the year doesn't make me feel sorry for them. 3) Any rider can continue to get ready for A1 while he races the MXDN; it's called multitasking. And 4) Ask Ryan Sipes about getting used to a new bike, because he's riding his 3rd one of the day right now.
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's job is to race motocross, and the fact that they have to work 30 weeks out of the year doesn't make me feel sorry for them. 3) Any rider can continue to get ready for A1 while he races the MXDN; it's called multitasking. And 4) Ask Ryan Sipes about getting used to a new bike, because he's riding his 3rd one of the day right now.

X100!!!!

Boohoo they work 30 weeks a year! Lol.

They train hard for sure, and they take risks but active soldiers do way more and make peanuts. I worked at UPS as a driver and it was the worst, hardest thing I ever did and it was 50-60 hours a week 52 weeks a year and a full day was just as grueling on the body as training for moto, if not more.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/8/2019 3:09pm
Falcon wrote:
Whatever the real reason is, I have an issue with it. Go race, you traitor cowards!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, just kidding. But I really...
Whatever the real reason is, I have an issue with it. Go race, you traitor cowards!!!!

GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning OK, just kidding. But I really do have a problem with all the excuses. "He needs time to prepare for the MEC," "There are too many races in the offseason," "He has to get ready for A1," "He's on a new bike..."
dirtdog36 wrote:
You obviously don’t own your own business
You're correct, I do not. And I fully understand the importance of getting a return on one's investment, that I am playing fast and loose with someone else's budget, and that going to Europe to race is an expensive proposition.

So be it. I think Kawasaki USA has the budget if they wanted to spend it.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/8/2019 3:10pm
GuyB wrote:
I don’t think anyone has to necessarily like Monster Energy Kawasaki’s position, but I certainly understand it. Eli probably should have won the last two SX...
I don’t think anyone has to necessarily like Monster Energy Kawasaki’s position, but I certainly understand it.

Eli probably should have won the last two SX series. I get the full focus there. Adam moving to the 450 class? He’ll need the time and focus...especially if he’s racing the Monster Energy Cup.

Boycotts? C’mon...

Instead of sniveling about who’s not going, how about getting behind the guys who are?
This. Go Ando! Go Zacho! Go Future!
(I'm guessing)
8/8/2019 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2019 6:37pm
TeamGreen wrote:
An open question looking for honest consideration and open-minded discusion: The Promoter(s) of MXON makes money. Looks like tickets and parking ain't cheap...not at all. Who...
An open question looking for honest consideration and open-minded discusion:

The Promoter(s) of MXON makes money. Looks like tickets and parking ain't cheap...not at all.

Who else makes money at this event?

Is it unreasonable for a race team/team sponsors/riders to decide that the cost and risk isn't worth it?
The costs and risks have always been there, so that idea doesn't really hold water. Didn't seem to be a problem when the U.S.A. was winning. Tomac could gave a injury at the MEC, but he's going anyway, so clearly taking a risk is not the main issue.

I just wish there was some honesty in the discussion, and that honesty is that certain riders don't want to get beat on the world stage. And if you know you're probably not going to win, well, then I guess you could argue that cost and risk are not worth it. But supposedly, it was never about the money to begin with.

Whoever does go will get my support, not only for the mxon, but for the upcoming 2020 season.
hamncheeze
8/8/2019 4:33pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Tomac and AC both have both stated (with a certain amount of enthusiam) that they would race the mxon if selected for the team. So you're...
Tomac and AC both have both stated (with a certain amount of enthusiam) that they would race the mxon if selected for the team. So you're saying that you know otherwise, that they are both straight up liars who were selected, and that Kawasaki simply helped them weasel their way out of doing what they said they'd do.
I don't agree with you one iota, and that's a shitty accusation to make with no proof. Since it involves negativity regarding Tomac and America, I knew there'd be a thumbs up from soy boy Richard Loots, and of course there was.
You should take Tomac and AC at their word unless you have a valid reason to not take them at their word.
I think both riders are smart enough and/or have been coached enough by Kawasaki PR team to say what the public wants to hear "I'm all in if I'm selected" and "Of course I'd want to go if they want me". Something along those lines have been the words out of them when asked about MXoN this year. By doing this, Kawasaki is basically protecting their investments. They know if the riders come out and say "I'm not going because I'm focusing on SX" or "It's a big year because it's my rookie 450 season" they will be roasted by the fans. And if they go and lose, they'll be destroyed by the fans and in some cases, the media. Eli got to experience that in 2018. So Kawasaki saying they are not going gives the riders protection.

Call this a crazy theory, a shitty accusation, whatever you want but if you don't think it's a possibility then you have your head in the ground.
Excaliburbmx
8/8/2019 4:45pm
I am not going to dislike a rider or company who doesn’t want to go race a one off race in a foreign country.
This isn’t 1995 anymore there is way more training and cost involved.
Seem Kawasaki has priorities they want to achieve and they are focusing on that.
Heck Dungey didn’t race once I never heard bs about that.
Mit12
8/8/2019 5:07pm
The money it cost to send a team vs the return on investment does not make it worth it.
8/8/2019 5:42pm
Props to the Mcf that steps up and takes kawis place for the USA at this event moving forward. None of them are from the usa lol. Remember that murica chest pounders.
kb228
8/8/2019 5:59pm
Falcon wrote:

kaptkaos wrote:
Guess what? 1) Your favorite rider is already 95% prepared for the MEC by using the settings he won on last year. 2) A motocross rider's...

X100!!!!

Boohoo they work 30 weeks a year! Lol.

They train hard for sure, and they take risks but active soldiers do way more and make peanuts. I worked at UPS as a driver and it was the worst, hardest thing I ever did and it was 50-60 hours a week 52 weeks a year and a full day was just as grueling on the body as training for moto, if not more.
Multitasking doesnt work in competition. If you have a cycling race coming up where you could win $1,000,000 are you going to run to prepare to win it? Hell no youre going to cycle your ass off.

May be unpopular opinion but racing MXDN isnt that big of a deal anymore. Choose a million dollars or race basically for free and risk ruining your upcoming supercross season(which is more important anyway).

Be thankful the talent in the USA allows us to have a damn good B team. I dont think any other country can field 2 teams at the same level as our top guys.
JM485
8/8/2019 8:29pm
If the riders really don't want to go then fine, but if Kawi is denying ET and AC the opportunity then they can get fucked.

Youthstream can also get fucked for leveraging these teams and riders for their own gain. If you're not going to pay make the event a charity race.
8/8/2019 9:50pm
DonM wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B06oS2mh8I8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Could this be a dig at his former employer.....
Still salty like a jilted ex-lover.
I'm convinced he got the boot now, he's made a few snide remarks at Kawi since his departure through his own IG and through comments on other posts (wanting KR to beat ET etc) he's not hiding his disdain very well honestly
8/8/2019 11:42pm
I think if it was a normal track AC would be pushing to go. (This could be his only chance for a while)
Being that it is a DEEP sand track and he is heavier than most 250 pilots he wouldn’t do as well.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
8/8/2019 11:50pm
Mit12 wrote:
The money it cost to send a team vs the return on investment does not make it worth it.
Yeah right, it's all about the money...

Good thing the majority of the other countries has a different opinion and sees others values in participating in this event.
8/9/2019 12:05am
Mit12 wrote:
mxmasta wrote:
Yeah right, it's all about the money... Good thing the majority of the other countries has a different opinion and sees others values in participating in...
Yeah right, it's all about the money...

Good thing the majority of the other countries has a different opinion and sees others values in participating in this event.
This isn't coming from a country, though. This is the decision of a race team whose only goal is to win US Supercross and Motocross championships. Participating in the MXdN will do nothing to help them achieve those goals.
BobbyM
8/9/2019 12:11am
Freddie wrote:
Looks like Kawi just sent out a release stating that they have decided as a team to not attend the MXoN with any of its riders...
Looks like Kawi just sent out a release stating that they have decided as a team to not attend the MXoN with any of its riders. Can't say that I blame them, the event is awesome and the country pride is fun to be a part of but none of it pays the bills. I wonder if the European promoter will ever consider helping cover costs to get the US teams involved? I am sure more teams will follow suit in the future. Or since we are more of a Supercross oriented sport now a days is it even a relevant event? What about a Supercross of Nations??
Cant blame em the way tomac got spanked last time.
8/9/2019 12:42am
BigDaddyG wrote:
I don't blame Kawi or the riders at all....ET3 needs that SX title to cement his legacy and he is obviously the fastest dude out there...
I don't blame Kawi or the riders at all....ET3 needs that SX title to cement his legacy and he is obviously the fastest dude out there just need to work out a few bugs.

AC.....I am going stir some shit here, but I feel like for the first time in a long time we have a rookie who can win races and a title in SX his first year in the big boy class. I feel like his size, style, dedication and heart will have him as the best rookie since Dungey's rookie season.

While the MXDN (I am old school) is a cool race, I understand that business side of it. The FIM needs to re-evaluate the schedule to make it friendlier to the US.
You make some interesting points here. None of which I agree with.

Eli’s legacy- he’ll forever be remembered as the fastest guy at the time who refused to lead his country to the MXON.

Adam’s rookie season win- I don’t know what races you’ve been watching, but to say he’s a chance of winning races and TITLE in his rookie season in the big boy class is a stretch! If he’s got that kind of form, why didn’t he nail down a title in his (sixth?) year in the ‘little’ boy class??

I predict Adam’s first season to be a similar one to Savatgy’s.
.kyle
8/9/2019 1:25am
TeamGreen wrote:
An open question looking for honest consideration and open-minded discusion: The Promoter(s) of MXON makes money. Looks like tickets and parking ain't cheap...not at all. Who...
An open question looking for honest consideration and open-minded discusion:

The Promoter(s) of MXON makes money. Looks like tickets and parking ain't cheap...not at all.

Who else makes money at this event?

Is it unreasonable for a race team/team sponsors/riders to decide that the cost and risk isn't worth it?
The costs and risks have always been there, so that idea doesn't really hold water. Didn't seem to be a problem when the U.S.A. was winning...
The costs and risks have always been there, so that idea doesn't really hold water. Didn't seem to be a problem when the U.S.A. was winning. Tomac could gave a injury at the MEC, but he's going anyway, so clearly taking a risk is not the main issue.

I just wish there was some honesty in the discussion, and that honesty is that certain riders don't want to get beat on the world stage. And if you know you're probably not going to win, well, then I guess you could argue that cost and risk are not worth it. But supposedly, it was never about the money to begin with.

Whoever does go will get my support, not only for the mxon, but for the upcoming 2020 season.
Your middle paragraph about riders not wanting to get beaten on the world stage is the thing that really bugs me with some riders.

Rather than try and get faster and beat EVERYONE, they'd rather not go because they may lose. Why not TRY? Try to get faster. Try to get the win. If you know your series doesn't make you faster, move to Europe and improve.

While I may get flamed by people for this, it does sometimes seem that some American riders are happy not being the fastest in the world (apart from at SX). Although from Dylan Ferrandis' response, it could also apply to him as well. I'm not taking anything away from them in terms of their skill, but where is their desire to be the best in the whole world at MX?
ledger
8/9/2019 1:49am
Titan1 wrote:
I don’t care much for the MXDN...but I care even less for the MEC...so it sucks that it is a reason that riders won’t go. What...
I don’t care much for the MXDN...but I care even less for the MEC...so it sucks that it is a reason that riders won’t go.

What if rather than move the MXDN to better suit the US schedule...why don’t they move the MEC to accommodate the MXDN? Have it after the MXDN or right before SX starts.

Or Cancel the MEC all together? If Monster wants to give a million bucks away to some dirt bike riders...add it to the purse money of supercross...or give it to the winning team at the MXDN.
Amen to adding the million to Supercross for the guy's that make the show.
8/9/2019 2:10am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 2:19am
.kyle wrote:
Your middle paragraph about riders not wanting to get beaten on the world stage is the thing that really bugs me with some riders. Rather than...
Your middle paragraph about riders not wanting to get beaten on the world stage is the thing that really bugs me with some riders.

Rather than try and get faster and beat EVERYONE, they'd rather not go because they may lose. Why not TRY? Try to get faster. Try to get the win. If you know your series doesn't make you faster, move to Europe and improve.

While I may get flamed by people for this, it does sometimes seem that some American riders are happy not being the fastest in the world (apart from at SX). Although from Dylan Ferrandis' response, it could also apply to him as well. I'm not taking anything away from them in terms of their skill, but where is their desire to be the best in the whole world at MX?
MX in the US isn‘t as important than SX today!We have to accept this fact.Only Mxdn held on US soil will be recognized as an important event like last year in Red Bud with all the top riders from the AMA.Sad
Paul333
8/9/2019 2:44am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Ridiculous and embarrassing.
I could not agree more.

It’s treasonous to American motocross fans.

An embarrassment.
teamddr
8/9/2019 2:54am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 3:26am
Last year the MXON was a marketing disaster for Kawasaki especially US Kawasaki.
Biggest race weekend in the year with the largest attendance and viewers and what happens.

Race one
A Dutch guy with a big mouth in a KTM falls in the first corner gets up danders into the pits shaking himself off and gets some googles, rejoins and catches their latest bike (19 model ).
The only thing worse than getting reeled in was the bike expiring prior to getting passed
Meanwhile the guy running in front of you in the previous model stock bike has mechanical issues as well.

Next the the bike runs without any issues and gets smoked by a 17 year old Spanish kid on a 250

All this with one of the worlds best riders in the saddle ( this is not sarcasm Eli is one of the best ).

Yeah Kawasaki go ahead and take a rain check but any patriotic American who wants a new dirk bike should not be considering a company that denies its best riders an opportunity to represent their country.

Ask RJ,Ward,Bailey,dogger,O Meara any of the them what was the highlight of their career and the majority will say representing their country at MXON because when you get older your personal net worth pales into insignificance compared to what you have achieved.

Hope this latest cop out hurts Kawasaki in the pocket.
8/9/2019 3:27am
Freddie wrote:
I agree the riders no longer want to race the event, there is nothing in it for them but the national pride, which yes is important...
I agree the riders no longer want to race the event, there is nothing in it for them but the national pride, which yes is important to some, but in the big picture it just doesn't fit anymore into the riders schedules who race Supercross. I also agree the team is helping make the decision for the riders but I don't blame them. It is a 100% expense for the team and riders I would have to assume. Until the European promoters decide to compensate the US teams who bear the majority of the cost to travel over and abide by the Euro racing rules (which also costs the US teams money and puts them at a significant disadvantage to start) why would a US team even consider it? The exposure isn't as big as it seems.
You do realise that the USA is not the only team that has to travel. Not all other competitors are from Europe. Brazil, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Philipines all have just as far to travel to this event, to name a few. Most of these countries have multiple fund raisers throughout the year so they can get to this event. Yes the promoter makes money, but that is what they are in the business for.

This race is about pride to ride for your country, try to beat the best in the world. Pick your best 3 available riders, tell them they can bring two people max, all pit together and that will bring the costs down. I was in Italy in 2016 and Team USA was swamped with people all wearing USA jackets/tops. No need for that many people.

Team USA draws lots of fans yes and they are they team most people look forward to seeing ride but, USA is not the center of the universe. Life will still go on if USA decide not to send a team. This coming from someone who only watches AMA, no interest in MXGP.

My two cents.

David934
8/9/2019 3:59am
Knobbyjake wrote:
I've loved the MXdN since the 70s. But like Ozzy said it lost it's magic. Even if we were still on a streak it's just not...
I've loved the MXdN since the 70s. But like Ozzy said it lost it's magic. Even if we were still on a streak it's just not the same. Sad
Have you ever participated in this event?
mxb2
8/9/2019 4:31am
Freddie wrote:
Looks like Kawi just sent out a release stating that they have decided as a team to not attend the MXoN with any of its riders...
Looks like Kawi just sent out a release stating that they have decided as a team to not attend the MXoN with any of its riders. Can't say that I blame them, the event is awesome and the country pride is fun to be a part of but none of it pays the bills. I wonder if the European promoter will ever consider helping cover costs to get the US teams involved? I am sure more teams will follow suit in the future. Or since we are more of a Supercross oriented sport now a days is it even a relevant event? What about a Supercross of Nations??
BobbyM wrote:
Cant blame em the way tomac got spanked last time.
Yea 4-7 he got spanked lol, best usa finisher. Where did you guy kroc finish? Hmmm,. . Is he racing in assen? I ll wait.
JMX82
8/9/2019 5:21am
The MXON definitely hasn't lost it's magic. I was at Maggiora in 2016 and Red bud last year and I can tell you that atmosphere at MXON something really magical and other races can't even be compared to it.

MEC is just basically a Kawasaki/Monster exhibition race for US audience compared to world wide exposure that MXON has. It's really shame that Kawasaki doesn't see that way.

Post a reply to: No MXoN for Kawasaki

The Latest