No Larocco´s leap for the MXDN

Motofinne
8/10/2018 3:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:
So, at the MXoN, are they racing the REAL Red Bud Track?

Answer: No, Maybe or Yes..?
Motofinne wrote:
What would you like more?

Racing the "real" track or seeing a rider getting landed on?
TeamGreen wrote:
I'd like to see "The World Gran Prix" riders ride...at the very least....the same track as our "National" riders...
I'm absolutely amazed if you are unable to see the issue with 250s and 450s on the same track if the majority of the 250s aren't able to make it.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
8/10/2018 3:26pm
What is the replacement? Two smaller step ups? Lower the takeoff and make it only possible to double? I'm curious..
ruy
8/10/2018 3:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
I'd like to see "The World Gran Prix" riders ride...at the very least....the same track as our "National" riders...
Go to a MXGP round in USA.
aeffertz
8/10/2018 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 3:52pm
ruy wrote:
I take it out because it is a sample of how big a mouth you have, accusing the Euros of not jumping, when precisely your best...
I take it out because it is a sample of how big a mouth you have, accusing the Euros of not jumping, when precisely your best USA rider does not jump and a Euro passes it.
Never once did I say Euros don't jump, in fact I was giving them credit saying they are professionals and can handle a step up.

The Shop

Robgvx
8/10/2018 3:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
The problem isn’t the ‘World Gran Prix’ riders. The problem is the riders from places like Hong Kong.
TeamGreen
8/10/2018 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 3:48pm
Motofinne wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
I'm absolutely amazed if you are unable to see the issue with 250s and 450s on the same track [u]if[/u] the majority of the 250s aren't...
I'm absolutely amazed if you are unable to see the issue with 250s and 450s on the same track if the majority of the 250s aren't able to make it.
Wasn't a problem a few weeks ago when we had practice and qualifying for a 40 rider program that included MANY privateers in the 250s. Also, for those of us that've read the entire thread...

There are pictures in this thread that show people jumping/not jumping at the very same time.

Here, in the USA, there are waaaay more than 40 riders attempting to qualify for the program at a National...
86 in the 250 class at Red Bud...from what I can find on the web.
That means EIGHTY SIX 250 riders of various levels of skill maneged to get thru a weekend of racing each-other over this jump.

I would HOPE "The World's BEST" could handle it.

And, let's get this VERY straight...

If they can't handle it, they shouldn't be there.

PERIOD.
TeamGreen
8/10/2018 3:38pm
Motofinne wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
ruy wrote:
Go to a MXGP round in USA.
Been there, Done that, worked the events.
plowboy
8/10/2018 3:44pm
aeffertz wrote:
So we’ve had confirmations from legit sources that it’s included yet some of you believe the broken English first post with no source. Okay... Besides, his...
So we’ve had confirmations from legit sources that it’s included yet some of you believe the broken English first post with no source.

Okay...

Besides, his logic is bunk. In both classes at the national, not everyone was jumping the entire thing and they were fine. In fact it was a prime spot for passing or making up time on someone who wasn’t doing it. It’s a big but relatively safe jump. Give these guys some credit.
kb228 wrote:
I also believe theres milfs in my area ready to meet me
Hey buddy, that MILFs thing is bunk...don't get suckered in like I...er...others have. Now this Nigerian deal seems legit. Just gotta send him a few more details and I'm sittin' pretty. I already told the boss to get f@$ked and quit. Thank you internets.
mwr
8/10/2018 3:45pm
Motofinne wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
I'm absolutely amazed if you are unable to see the issue with 250s and 450s on the same track [u]if[/u] the majority of the 250s aren't...
You already have people jumping it and not jumping it in the 250s without anyone getting landed on. There was another example of it just weeks ago. This just sounds like weird Euro-grumbling.
Motofinne
8/10/2018 3:45pm
What ever. I have zero interest in arguing about a topic like that, have a good day.
Motofinne
8/10/2018 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 3:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
mwr wrote:
You already have people jumping it and not jumping it in the 250s without anyone getting landed on. There was another example of it just weeks...
You already have people jumping it and not jumping it in the 250s without anyone getting landed on. There was another example of it just weeks ago. This just sounds like weird Euro-grumbling.
Yeah what ever. I hope we see the leap, they should be able to make the run safe enough for both displacements. That would be the best for everyone involved.
mwr
8/10/2018 3:48pm
Motofinne wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
The problem isn’t the ‘World Gran Prix’ riders. The problem is the riders from places like Hong Kong.
That's a great point. Having teams on the track that are not up to par just to be 'inclusive' is dangerous.
8/10/2018 4:03pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wasn't a problem a few weeks ago when we had practice and qualifying for a 40 rider program that included MANY privateers in the 250s. Also...
Wasn't a problem a few weeks ago when we had practice and qualifying for a 40 rider program that included MANY privateers in the 250s. Also, for those of us that've read the entire thread...

There are pictures in this thread that show people jumping/not jumping at the very same time.

Here, in the USA, there are waaaay more than 40 riders attempting to qualify for the program at a National...
That means EIGHTY SIX 250 riders of various levels of skill maneged to get thru a weekend of racing each-other over this jump.

PERIOD.
You have to tell your riders to clear the finish jump at the end of the race to prevent a head landing by a „world‘s best“.Whistling
Robgvx
8/10/2018 4:08pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
mwr wrote:
That's a great point. Having teams on the track that are not up to par just to be 'inclusive' is dangerous.
It’s how it’s always been. Not all the best guys are there unfortunately, because the strongest MX countries can only send three riders, but there are teams from weaker countries whose riders are vastly different in pace.

But that’s how it is, and that's how it should remain, in my opinion. It’s the Motocross of Nations. Every nation should be entitled to take part, just like the Olympics. That’s why common sense has to prevail in terms of track design. If that upsets people, tough. It’s sad if a country’s prospects of success hinge on the inclusion of massive jumps. There’s more to motocross than that.

TeamGreen
8/10/2018 4:09pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wasn't a problem a few weeks ago when we had practice and qualifying for a 40 rider program that included MANY privateers in the 250s. Also...

PERIOD.
Bonanza69 wrote:
You have to tell your riders to clear the finish jump at the end of the race to prevent a head landing by a „world‘s best“.Whistling
This is true and Jason NOW knows this!

Laughing

mwr
8/10/2018 4:16pm
"That’s why common sense has to prevail in terms of track design. If that upsets people, tough."

Amateurs race on that track just as it is. If that upsets the Jamaican bobsled team or whatever, then tough to them.

"It’s sad if a country’s prospects of success hinge on the inclusion of massive jumps. There’s more to motocross than that"

I's sad when you have to resort to a straw man argument like that. It is highly doubtful that Larocco's Leap will decide the race, and as many Euros have sometimes angrily pointed out, they have big jumps and they can jump too. Just ask ruy.
TeamGreen
8/10/2018 4:25pm
mwr wrote:
"That’s why common sense has to prevail in terms of track design. If that upsets people, tough." Amateurs race on that track just as it is...
"That’s why common sense has to prevail in terms of track design. If that upsets people, tough."

Amateurs race on that track just as it is. If that upsets the Jamaican bobsled team or whatever, then tough to them.

"It’s sad if a country’s prospects of success hinge on the inclusion of massive jumps. There’s more to motocross than that"

I's sad when you have to resort to a straw man argument like that. It is highly doubtful that Larocco's Leap will decide the race, and as many Euros have sometimes angrily pointed out, they have big jumps and they can jump too. Just ask ruy.
I laughed.

Classic!
Robgvx wrote:
mwr wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
It’s how it’s always been. Not all the best guys are there unfortunately, because the strongest MX countries can only send three riders, but there are...
It’s how it’s always been. Not all the best guys are there unfortunately, because the strongest MX countries can only send three riders, but there are teams from weaker countries whose riders are vastly different in pace.

But that’s how it is, and that's how it should remain, in my opinion. It’s the Motocross of Nations. Every nation should be entitled to take part, just like the Olympics. That’s why common sense has to prevail in terms of track design. If that upsets people, tough. It’s sad if a country’s prospects of success hinge on the inclusion of massive jumps. There’s more to motocross than that.

Are you really trying to suggest that a jump could make the difference in if a team wins or not? I don't remember any complaints like this about the big uphill quad at Matterly. Obviously it ended up being muddy and I don't believe anyone was jumping the whole thing but I have to believe the expectation was that some would be jumping it while others weren't.

If there's a jump to complain about at Red Bud I'd have to say it's the other uphill triple on the other side of the track.
jeffro503
Robgvx wrote:
mwr wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
It’s how it’s always been. Not all the best guys are there unfortunately, because the strongest MX countries can only send three riders, but there are...

That's true Rob and I get your point. But like many have already stated..Even during a national , many guys don't jump it as well. Side by side....some clear it and some don't. It really hasn't been an issue. Some of those slower countries are like out C and B practice groups at the national. Most all the fast guy's will be in the " A " main as well.

ATKpilot99
8/10/2018 4:42pm
But I thought the riders from 30th on back in an AMA national didn't belong on the same track . Whats different about this ? No matter . All indications are the jump is staying as it should.
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
8/10/2018 4:44pm
Robgvx wrote:
Who won't make it out of the B final, so that's a moot point.
8/11/2018 1:29am
BroFoSho wrote:
Incorrect. Every single American jumped it. But not a single Euro [img]https://newtheory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/brian-williams-feature-meme.jpg[/img]
Incorrect. Every single American jumped it. But not a single Euro

troll alert TongueTongue
SidewayzMike
Fantasy
237th
9/2/2018 11:08am
How can you guys even argue this, it’s red bud of course loroccos leap will be there. It took Jake Nichols half a moto to jump it and remember him saying something about wanting to ride MXDN at red bud so he just had to force himself to do it. If they want to safety it up, than they can always have a table top safety deck in case of someone coming up short. Loroccos leap is still small potatoes compared to that uphill quad they had in 2010 at thunder valley. Riders were scared of that jump too, but if I believe right it was Cairoli on a 350 who hit it first and right away Dungey jumped it. It was huge and they wasted no time getting over it
9/2/2018 12:46pm
How can you guys even argue this, it’s red bud of course loroccos leap will be there. It took Jake Nichols half a moto to jump...
How can you guys even argue this, it’s red bud of course loroccos leap will be there. It took Jake Nichols half a moto to jump it and remember him saying something about wanting to ride MXDN at red bud so he just had to force himself to do it. If they want to safety it up, than they can always have a table top safety deck in case of someone coming up short. Loroccos leap is still small potatoes compared to that uphill quad they had in 2010 at thunder valley. Riders were scared of that jump too, but if I believe right it was Cairoli on a 350 who hit it first and right away Dungey jumped it. It was huge and they wasted no time getting over it
Cairoli had problems to clear that quad with his 350.

Post a reply to: No Larocco´s leap for the MXDN

The Latest