No James For MEC

HuskyEd
Edited Date/Time 10/17/2012 2:27pm
As per his twitter: Doesn't look like I'll be at MC. Not going to rush it. Have a goal & a plan & we're sticking to it. A goal without a plan is just a wish!

Bummer. Was really hoping to have James there.Angry
|
Cook441
10/15/2012 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2012 7:17pm
Bummer for sure-
GHR
10/15/2012 7:19pm
Dangis Kahn
IWreckALot
10/15/2012 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2012 7:27pm
Any word on where he is with his recovery?

I'm not all that surprised. It would have been nice to have him back but I agree that they need to focus on getting him to all the races this SX season.
10/15/2012 7:28pm
Not surprised but I don't hold anything against him, he is the one twisting the throttle....

In my opinion, I think everyone including James himself and his competition are expecting him to be buttery on the RMZ, and if he came out to MEC and did not impress, he would lose that mental edge going into A1. Might not seem like much but at that level it can make a huge difference.

Would love to see him get some good starts this year, and keep it on two wheels !

The Shop

tvo314
10/15/2012 7:44pm
Good for him. I want to see him as strong as possible for A1. What a comeback it would be if he takes this championship. Anyway it should be a killer season.
Adam43
10/15/2012 7:47pm
Not racing rarely amounts to good preparation.

Dungey and crew did the race last year, and they were hardly 100% ready. They got smoked, but it gave them an idea of where they were at and what needed to be improved.

How many more laps does James have to blaze around his backyard before he feels good about himself?
NeWskoolmxer
10/15/2012 7:47pm
Reed has ridden less than James this year and he is giving it a go.........Whistling
newmann
10/15/2012 7:48pm
I think his plan is total SX domination. His skills plus that bike.....

Has the makings for a good season. Hoping everyone stays safe through it all.
Cook441
10/15/2012 8:03pm
Adam43 wrote:
Not racing rarely amounts to good preparation. Dungey and crew did the race last year, and they were hardly 100% ready. They got smoked, but it...

Dungey and crew did the race last year, and they were hardly 100% ready. They got smoked, but it gave them an idea of where they were at and what needed to be improved.

How many more laps does James have to blaze around his backyard before he feels good about himself?
I know I initally wrote the same but changed it because I thought I was being harsh- It's gotta be hard to set your ego aside and test the bike out in a SX style race situation- Dungey coul;d teach us all a lot about setting a plan to achieve a goal and executing it to perfection.

I am pretty sure Reed is getting as many gate drops as he can before A1 for a reason as well-
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
10/15/2012 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2012 9:43pm
So disappointing. But I guess you have to look at it from his perspective and mindset to really understand.
10/15/2012 9:36pm
I knew he wouldn't show up.Typical for him.This is why I am a Reed and Dunge fan.Go for it and sort it out,if it don't work out then you have something to work off of.RACING.
bents
Fantasy
909th
10/15/2012 9:37pm
Adam43 wrote:
Not racing rarely amounts to good preparation. Dungey and crew did the race last year, and they were hardly 100% ready. They got smoked, but it...

Exactly. Reed and RV are lining up at the gate, and as others have stated, Reed is heading to Oz to get a few more gate drops. I mean how many more practice laps do these guys have to do before they are ready to race?? Dungey was awesome last year. 2 weeks on the KTM, and he goes racing-fuck it-pulls the pin and lines up regardless of the outcome. Waiting till A1 just puts more pressure and expectation on the guy. You guys might not believe this, but I'm no James Stewart, and this is only one Joe Schmo's opinion....
djc
10/15/2012 9:41pm
I agree With the fact that this is a total bummer. But at the same time he must not be up to speed otherwise he would be doing the race or like others have said maybe he is saving himself from injury for sx.

I think this season is going to be amazing with the new guys in there it will only add more depth to the field. G
dboivin
10/15/2012 9:46pm
considering the odds of him grenading at this race and screwing up his 2013 contract...not surprised he chose to wait.
jeffro503
10/15/2012 10:31pm
Boils down to what is good for yourself. If James doesn't feel ready.....why go? We'll see him soon enough come A1. Besides.....I want to see him 100% healthy.....and let the cards fall where they may......either good or bad.
julienmark
10/15/2012 11:47pm
HuskyEd wrote:
As per his twitter: [i]Doesn't look like I'll be at MC. Not going to rush it. Have a goal & a plan & we're sticking to...
As per his twitter: Doesn't look like I'll be at MC. Not going to rush it. Have a goal & a plan & we're sticking to it. A goal without a plan is just a wish!

Yes, and that wish is that he could keep it on two wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Braaap14
10/16/2012 12:23am
It's for the best.

Time to ease into the right settings from testing and get his speed consistent is the best move for 13'
10/16/2012 3:10am
good and intelligent move on his/his team part IMO.

Let's not forget that from the start they said he isn't even contracted to race until 2013 (if i remember right) and anything extra was purely fun and time on the bike.
Crush
10/16/2012 3:33am
HuskyEd wrote:
As per his twitter: [i]Doesn't look like I'll be at MC. Not going to rush it. Have a goal & a plan & we're sticking to...

Sux but on the other hand i'm neither suprised nor question it... He has a habit of waiting till he is ready to win or has something to work too...

If he was ready and thought he could win though I think putting a hurting on his comp could be hard work for the other guys... but that goes for all of them... With maybe the exception of Reedy cause he's still coming off the couch... Seems RV and James might have been going for longer...
FARANG
10/16/2012 4:30am
Maybe he has a few sponsors waiting to sign? No need to get his ass smoked before another round of suckers put pen to paper...
10/16/2012 4:33am
Racers.....race. James...well...

That being said, I will be the first to cheer him on, when, and if, he gets back on track. But I will stick to my belief that he is effectively done in pro racing as far as long term series and titles goes. I don't think he will finish the SX season. It's sad but he has proven himself to NOT be the guy that can stay healthy long term anymore. Ego?...maybe too much. Fear of injury?...probably a bit, it's natural.

When he was far faster than 99.9% of his competition (see GOAT mentioned here) he won titles. When everyone figured out how to run with him enough to put pressure on...the ego thing gets in his way, plus the opinion of people far more intelligent and knowledgeable than me that his bike setup skills suck....

I've got my flame suit on, but if anyone wants to maturely discuss, I am game. I will not engage in flame wars though, it's counterproductive and stupid.
10/16/2012 4:34am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2012 4:35am
FARANG wrote:
Maybe he has a few sponsors waiting to sign? No need to get his ass smoked before another round of suckers put pen to paper...
because winning is all that sponsors care about - and do you honestly think that JS does not sell products he is associated with regardless of his position on or off the podium?

he does massive amounts of promo vids is all i am saying - figure the rest out for yourself.
tvo314
10/16/2012 4:36am
He was injured. Maybe, just maybe he wants to take it easy until it counts. He did pretty well at the first two rounds of the outdoors without a "warm up" race to see where he's at. If he came back for the MEC and didn't dominate, there would be plenty to complain about too. He just can't win with some people.
10/16/2012 4:38am
thephoenix wrote:
Racers.....race. James...well... That being said, I will be the first to cheer him on, when, and if, he gets back on track. But I will stick...
Racers.....race. James...well...

That being said, I will be the first to cheer him on, when, and if, he gets back on track. But I will stick to my belief that he is effectively done in pro racing as far as long term series and titles goes. I don't think he will finish the SX season. It's sad but he has proven himself to NOT be the guy that can stay healthy long term anymore. Ego?...maybe too much. Fear of injury?...probably a bit, it's natural.

When he was far faster than 99.9% of his competition (see GOAT mentioned here) he won titles. When everyone figured out how to run with him enough to put pressure on...the ego thing gets in his way, plus the opinion of people far more intelligent and knowledgeable than me that his bike setup skills suck....

I've got my flame suit on, but if anyone wants to maturely discuss, I am game. I will not engage in flame wars though, it's counterproductive and stupid.
I believe we will see a different guy in 2013, we are already seeing decisions based on a longer game and I think the only way we won't have a full season is if he gets wounded.

the kid is always going to get jip regardless of actions - fact is the sport is better for him in it than out.
10/16/2012 4:42am
I believe we will see a different guy in 2013, we are already seeing decisions based on a longer game and I think the only way...
I believe we will see a different guy in 2013, we are already seeing decisions based on a longer game and I think the only way we won't have a full season is if he gets wounded.

the kid is always going to get jip regardless of actions - fact is the sport is better for him in it than out.
I sincerely hope we do see him make an about face. I just don't think many expect him to pull it off.

And part of the reason he gets so much hate/love is because of his own actions/words. I seem to remember him talking about making a run at Jeremy's record?

And for sure the sport has been better with him, he brought (still does) a lot of attention, some good some bad, and publicity to the sport.
10/16/2012 4:46am
He should stay away from "record" talk for sure - anybody doing that is open for a fall from afar, silly move IMO also but hey.
BobbyM
10/16/2012 4:52am
maybe one of you assclowns can take his place...i'd love to see that.
IWreckALot
10/16/2012 4:57am
I believe we will see a different guy in 2013, we are already seeing decisions based on a longer game and I think the only way...

I sure hope we see a different guy but I'm as skeptical as thephoenix.

I wish Suzuki would focus more on his fan base than his stats. Winning isn't all that sells in MX and with a full gate, you need to have some other areas to get exposure for your sponsors or you'll lose your fan base and your sponsors target market. Windham has this figured out and Allessi is figuring it out.

I just think it would be cool for JS7 to at least make an appearance at the MEC even if he isn't racing. Sign some autographs for fans. Sit in the stands and cheer for good racing and share some cinnammon twists with his fans. How many cool stories would we hear of if he were to do this.

Post a reply to: No James For MEC

The Latest