No JS7 at the Wick

kongols
8/8/2012 12:21pm
Up until about a day ago.... Now do you want to get back on topic?
GuyB wrote:
According to who?
According to NateDawg122.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/8/2012 12:22pm
BobbyM wrote:
lmao...sperm bearded pecker pilots ripping on an injured rider from the comforts of the always comfortable vital mx couch. get a grip on yer douchbaggery will...
lmao...sperm bearded pecker pilots ripping on an injured rider from the comforts of the always comfortable vital mx couch.

get a grip on yer douchbaggery will ya?
Sorry, Bobby. There's no couch in our offices.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/8/2012 12:23pm
kongols wrote:
Okay, let me rephrase. According to which reliable source?
kongols
8/8/2012 12:24pm
kongols wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I got nothing.

The Shop

DownSouth
8/8/2012 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2012 12:40pm
kongols wrote:
GuyB wrote:
kongols wrote:
I got nothing.
What about a quote straight from the team manger in a Suzuki PR? "...The plan is to stay off the bike for a couple weeks and then ride and test and come back strong for Southwick [Massachusetts, July 11]."

I know it was a forecast but if they (Suzuki) did not know for sure it is probably best not to say anything on the record until JS return was certain.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/8/2012 12:43pm
GuyB wrote:
kongols wrote:
I got nothing.
DownSouth wrote:
[url=http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/supercross_motocross/2012/07/12/motocross-james-stewart-out-until-southwick/]What about a quote straight from the team manger in a Suzuki PR?[/url] [b]"...The plan is to stay off the bike for a couple weeks and...
What about a quote straight from the team manger in a Suzuki PR? "...The plan is to stay off the bike for a couple weeks and then ride and test and come back strong for Southwick [Massachusetts, July 11]."

I know it was a forecast but if they (Suzuki) did not know for sure it is probably best not to say anything on the record until JS return was certain.
That works.

Plans change. (And you believe the PR stuff?) Wink

Mike also said over a week ago that they weren't in for Southwick...and he'd been out watching James ride earlier that day.

They've also got some upcoming tests of next year's stuff. My guess is if the opportunity had been there to go for a title, they sure wouldn't have been shying away from it, but that once he got hurt, there was no reason to rush coming back...and that includes this weekend.
8/8/2012 12:44pm
GuyB wrote:
kongols wrote:
I got nothing.
DownSouth wrote:
[url=http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/supercross_motocross/2012/07/12/motocross-james-stewart-out-until-southwick/]What about a quote straight from the team manger in a Suzuki PR?[/url] [b]"...The plan is to stay off the bike for a couple weeks and...

There you go. Waiting on a response from Kongols...
8/8/2012 2:45pm
kongols wrote:
I got nothing.
DownSouth wrote:

GuyB wrote:
That works. Plans change. (And you believe the PR stuff?) ;) Mike also said over a week ago that they weren't in for Southwick...and he'd been...
That works.

Plans change. (And you believe the PR stuff?) Wink

Mike also said over a week ago that they weren't in for Southwick...and he'd been out watching James ride earlier that day.

They've also got some upcoming tests of next year's stuff. My guess is if the opportunity had been there to go for a title, they sure wouldn't have been shying away from it, but that once he got hurt, there was no reason to rush coming back...and that includes this weekend.
Your guess uses logic and common sense neither of which seems to be very common for some. It is easier to bitch.
tobz
8/8/2012 2:59pm
tobz wrote:
I just don't understand how he's not ready to race, i would have thought something would be wrong in order for him to not be at...
I just don't understand how he's not ready to race, i would have thought something would be wrong in order for him to not be at the gate.
IceMan446 wrote:
Think about it for a second. Didnt Suzuki just have a new bike come out? And didn't James JUST join the team a few months back...
Think about it for a second.

Didnt Suzuki just have a new bike come out? And didn't James JUST join the team a few months back.

And didnt he say his MAIN focus was 2013?

So who would be testing the '13 bike for SX? Because Metty is hurt. And James more then likely hasnt had much time on that bike for SX, If any at all.

So I am guessing that they want a little testing in before the end of the Nats and then he can ride the last few, test some more and be ready to go by A1.

GuyB said it was a TEAM decision and that would mean whats best for the Team in 2013. Has nothing to do with him not being ready to go.
I just figured that he won how many motos in a row at the start of the season? The bike was fine.

He crashed, tried to ride, and still "wasn't right"

And the pr also says that they want to stay off the bike, sounded like he was trying to recover from something...
8/8/2012 3:42pm
Who cares we are not missing anything

By that i mean points dont matter at this point so the only reason for him to show up would be to win. If he is not there then he doesnt think he can run with RD5 right now. So there is no point in complaining about it he wont be up front with RD5 even if he was there with the injury.
8/8/2012 4:06pm
bruiser624 wrote:
Who cares we are not missing anything By that i mean points dont matter at this point so the only reason for him to show up...
Who cares we are not missing anything

By that i mean points dont matter at this point so the only reason for him to show up would be to win. If he is not there then he doesnt think he can run with RD5 right now. So there is no point in complaining about it he wont be up front with RD5 even if he was there with the injury.
Not missing anything? See my post about common sense.
MxPro318
8/8/2012 4:15pm
Bummed for him but don't blame him, a wrist injury is nothing to play around with at all. Hopefully he will make it back for at least one or two but I'm confindent he won't be back til he is actually 100% hence the delay. At 100% even as good as Dungey is riding I know he can come back out and win, period. Looked like he coasted to 4 wins in the first few races with no time on a new bike.
8/8/2012 4:27pm
Commen sense says if the wrist is still not 100% and you dont think you can run down RD5 then why take the risk? If he thinks can win he would be there. Thats all i am saying.
tobz
8/8/2012 5:20pm
bruiser624 wrote:
Commen sense says if the wrist is still not 100% and you dont think you can run down RD5 then why take the risk? If he...
Commen sense says if the wrist is still not 100% and you dont think you can run down RD5 then why take the risk? If he thinks can win he would be there. Thats all i am saying.
well see now that's contradicting to what everyone else is saying. His wrist is fine, it's the bike. But now it's his wrist, what exactly is wrong with it? I've never seen any PR saying it was broken.

It's no big deal, just weird that he came out dominating, had a get off, now the team is saying they're not ready, without a specific reason as to why, and now they keep pushing the date back.
chrisbuehler
8/8/2012 5:28pm
bruiser624 wrote:
Commen sense says if the wrist is still not 100% and you dont think you can run down RD5 then why take the risk? If he...
Yeah he was coasting to his couple second wins over Dungey. If he had more he would have won my more, simple as that.
FARANG
8/8/2012 6:09pm
GuyB wrote:
kongols wrote:
I got nothing.
DownSouth wrote:

Exactly, his own team said it - is that not supposed to be a reliable source? You'd have to be incredibly naive to believe it though, once he was out of the championship his return was always going to get pushed back and pushed back again until it all just fizzled out.

Given that Stewart said he was just riding the outdoors 'for fun' and 'for the fans' you'd think he come out and ride given that he was capable of a decent finish several weeks ago and has been riding since then. Instead we get another vague statement and a no-show. Ah well, par for the course I guess (and widely predicted on here).
Scotty
8/8/2012 9:45pm
kongols wrote:
GuyB wrote:
kongols wrote:
I got nothing.
You're the reliable source? Silly
jeffro503
8/8/2012 10:17pm
When James originally went to the doctor after his crash in the first moto at Thunder valley.....he said the X-rays didn't show anything. ( Via twitter ) But that doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong.

I have seen some people throw out the little suggestion / rumor that compares it to a possible "Rick Johnson" type injury.......it is not that at all. Johnson's wrist was destroyed along with the navicular bone. And it is was inevitably ruined his career.

This is just me speaking from experience , but I have jammed my wrist pretty bad a few different times in the past 30+ years of doing this sport. And I can say first hand that it hurt for a good 4 - 6 months.....and the X-rays didn't show anything....But I knew it hurt like hell.

Whatever the case......I don't think he would be riding unless it was feeling 100% again....or close to it. He just got back on the bike , so I can understand why he would miss this next weekend. Hopefully we'll see him at the last 3 rounds.....but honestly , it wouldn't bug me if he sat out until MEC or A1 to make sure "100%" he'll be fine.

Post a reply to: No JS7 at the Wick

The Latest