No Glen Helen this year?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2018 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 1:28 PM

What is the deal? Hearing some rumors. Washougal date change? Pala back? Fake news?

|

11/21/2018 1:52 PM

I would Love to see Pala Back

|

11/21/2018 1:58 PM

if Glen Helen is gone it’s ok cause then another track gets to experience the excitement and rewards of having the event. Right now rumors are flying around and until DC confirms it that’s all it is a rumor.
If it comes back I know what my jobs are and will get them done. If not I get vacation days to do what I want. I hope wherever it is it’s a success.
Life is to short to cry over spilt milk ? Life is to short and there is no trial run.

|

11/21/2018 2:09 PM

ob wrote:

What is the deal? Hearing some rumors. Washougal date change? Pala back? Fake news?

Could they do Hangtown to Washougal to Thunder Valley?

NW in May could be muddy though.

|

11/21/2018 2:12 PM

ob wrote:

What is the deal? Hearing some rumors. Washougal date change? Pala back? Fake news?

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Could they do Hangtown to Washougal to Thunder Valley?

NW in May could be muddy though.

You know it Joe, most likely cold and wet still. I can’t see that happening.

|

11/21/2018 2:16 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

if Glen Helen is gone it’s ok cause then another track gets to experience the excitement and rewards of having the event. Right now rumors are flying around and until DC confirms it that’s all it is a rumor.
If it comes back I know what my jobs are and will get them done. If not I get vacation days to do what I want. I hope wherever it is it’s a success.
Life is to short to cry over spilt milk ? Life is to short and there is no trial run.

Ok if I can read between the lines you guys at GH are getting prepared to have some time off.

|

11/21/2018 2:21 PM

You can read all you want. I don't know anything going on. I am not going to start or spread a rumor that has to come from MX Sports or Glen Helen. I am just saying if we have it I know what my job is and if we don't I get a weeks vacation back to enjoy for myself. That's pretty much it.
You can spread it all you want but you did not hear it from either party yet so its just a rumor.

|

11/21/2018 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 2:28 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

You can read all you want. I don't know anything going on. I am not going to start or spread a rumor that has to come from MX Sports or Glen Helen. I am just saying if we have it I know what my job is and if we don't I get a weeks vacation back to enjoy for myself. That's pretty much it.
You can spread it all you want but you did not hear it from either party yet so its just a rumor.

Slow down bud, I said I heard a rumor nothing more than that. I didn’t start the rumor. It’s kinda big news to me living here.

|

11/21/2018 2:32 PM

2018 was the last year of a 5 year contract. They have been talking but again this is a business deal and they are trying to reach what is best for each business. Cost go up every year and they have to find a balance to make everyone happy. Its not just a simple contract it involves quite a bit and involves a lot of money spent by both sides. If it comes back they figured it out and if not its still a good deal because like I have said for years they need to move around and change things up.
Its all good. But rumors just stir shit up. And repeating a rumor is just about as bad as starting it if no one knows who started it but heard it first from you. Live and learn I still do. Happy Thanksgiving.

|

11/21/2018 2:35 PM

I truly love Glen Helen races with the legendary hills and the huge jumps so i hope Mx sport don't kick this one out !

I'm sorry but how can you even compared Glen Helen and Pala ? Pala is a great track but Glen Helen is a f..ing MAN track !

|

11/21/2018 2:40 PM

First off thanks for the info, Mr Info. And a big Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. But besides that aren’t these forums for discussing this stuff? If not and it’s just a bunch of info everybody knows as fact already then it would just be a waste of time. So my bad ?

|

11/21/2018 2:46 PM

Photo
|

11/21/2018 2:48 PM

ob wrote:

What is the deal? Hearing some rumors. Washougal date change? Pala back? Fake news?

From the little bit I've heard, unless something very big has changed in the last week or so, I wouldn't expect to be back at GH this summer.

A Washougal date change would be cool, and would save teams and privateers a ton of dough in fuel traveling all the way across the country...and all the way back. I approve of that message. But I don't see it happening in '19.

Pala wouldn't be a bad bet.

Fake news?
Roger D is racing again next year.

|

11/21/2018 2:52 PM

Yeah it’s a long way away, lots of stuff can happen and we know that as fact for sure.

|

11/21/2018 2:57 PM

ob if I knew I would not say anything anyway or either way its not any of my business or not my business. There will be a race somewhere I can bet that for sure and it could be in Southern California or Not and I will put money on that. Lol

|

11/21/2018 2:58 PM

Bud Feldkamp is apparently quite the personality and doesn't want to flex to certain requests necessary to host a National. Last time we had this issue and it looked like Glen Helen was done forever Tom White swooped in and mediated everyone to the bigger picture. It would suck to see it go as it's a legendary track. Blame the track owner.

They are talking about moving Washougal to after Hangtown so that way they aren't criss-crossing the country in the middle of the summer. Would be the biggest help to privateers.

|

2009 CRF450X
Instagram @dougmcgilll

11/21/2018 3:24 PM

Oh that would be a bummer. Glen Helen is one of the better tracks for spectators and is great on TV. Pala would be a very poor replacement IMO. Someone needs to buy Bud out of his lease, let San Bernardino County find someone else to run the track. Not that he has not done some good things down there, just this drama every 5 years is ridiculous....

|

11/21/2018 3:42 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

ob if I knew I would not say anything anyway or either way its not any of my business or not my business. There will be a race somewhere I can bet that for sure and it could be in Southern California or Not and I will put money on that. Lol

Oh no worries man, I don’t think anybody would expect you to share anything that isn’t a done deal. It’s just speculation. I would miss the GH national. But I would be ok going to Pala for a couple years or whatever. They have been making lots of facility improvements at Fox lately that would probably be needed for a big event like a Pro National.

|

11/21/2018 4:11 PM

Never been to GH but it's my favorite track to watch on TV ha, and seems to be one of the better regarded tracks in SoCal. I remember a few years back when GH was replaced by Pala and then Elsinore, it seemed like there was bad blood between GH ownership and MX Sports. Hopefully they can work it out and keep the national there.

|

11/21/2018 4:13 PM

Just an observation, but i'm betting that its gonna be Pala due to them doing some pretty hefty renovations lately , including what appears to be widening the entrance, or at least preparing to.

|

11/21/2018 4:52 PM

Glen Helen needs a revamp in morale. Place has the potential and history to be an epic place. Track prep is just not what it used to be. My .2

|

11/21/2018 5:00 PM

This makes complete sense because the best little burger joint in the world is right down the road from Pala and they have been building a new structure to handle larger crowds.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

11/21/2018 5:21 PM

If it’s at Pala, do they build a new track or combine the main and AM tracks? At any rate the current tracks are on a pretty flat piece of ground. I would assume that spectating would suck unless you were lucky/early enough to cop a spot on the fence.

|

11/21/2018 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 5:29 PM

brocster wrote:

If it’s at Pala, do they build a new track or combine the main and AM tracks? At any rate the current tracks are on a pretty flat piece of ground. I would assume that spectating would suck unless you were lucky/early enough to cop a spot on the fence.

though i'm glad a national is coming to the southeast via WW/Florida, it will be much the same deal there as well.

|

11/21/2018 5:32 PM

Pala is now fox raceway
You guys get that, sweet deals

|

11/21/2018 5:48 PM

Well this is disappointing. Glen Helen is one of the races I look forward to watching every year.

|

11/21/2018 5:58 PM

Let’s bring back Kenworthys so I only have to drive 45 minutes instead of 3 hours to RedBud & Ironman lol. Kidding. But for real losing Glen Helen would suck. I feel like it’s such a iconic track in Pro Mx

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

11/21/2018 6:02 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

You can read all you want. I don't know anything going on. I am not going to start or spread a rumor that has to come from MX Sports or Glen Helen. I am just saying if we have it I know what my job is and if we don't I get a weeks vacation back to enjoy for myself. That's pretty much it.
You can spread it all you want but you did not hear it from either party yet so its just a rumor.

ob wrote:

Slow down bud, I said I heard a rumor nothing more than that. I didn’t start the rumor. It’s kinda big news to me living here.

Those who posts hearings on vital usually get a shit storm piled on them. Good luck.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/21/2018 6:19 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

This makes complete sense because the best little burger joint in the world is right down the road from Pala and they have been building a new structure to handle larger crowds.

Good deals on avocados on side of road too!

|

11/21/2018 6:23 PM

Who cares, its almost SX season Jan 5th is right around the corner. cool

|

Ed Johnson