No Championship for Stewart?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2010 1:08 PM

Nobody on the supercross preview show picked James to win the Championship.

Emig, McGrath, Carmichael picked Dungey and Stanton picked Canard.

|

12/26/2010 1:13 PM

Some people have short memories. I'm looking forward to this season...a lot. smile

|

12/26/2010 1:13 PM

If Big Lenny was on the panel Stewart would have gotten at least one vote.

|

12/26/2010 1:18 PM

This is true but the leader of the show, Ralphie, you know picked " The fastest man on the planet" Ziiiiiiiiing

|

I do it for the appreciation of Ddavis!

12/26/2010 1:41 PM

Thanks for spoiling it!

Nah, i really dont care. But for most people it doesnt start for 20min.

|

12/26/2010 1:46 PM

I was wondering the same thing. It was on at 11 here by the way.

|

12/26/2010 1:58 PM

How can anyone know...?

Hell, the way K-Dub's been getttin' more relaxed & confident in the past coupl'a "Off-Season's"...who's to say HE doesn't come to A1 and lay-down some smokin' laps?

Virtually NO-ONE picked Dungey before last season...and let's NOT FORGET: He took it to James at A-1...Before all the Drama.

I'm jus' sayin'...

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/26/2010 2:07 PM

All I know is I feel bad for anyone trying to beat Bubba.

|

12/26/2010 2:10 PM

I still think the only one to beat JS is his arch nemesis Bubba.

|

I do it for the appreciation of Ddavis!

12/26/2010 2:10 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

How can anyone know...?

Hell, the way K-Dub's been getttin' more relaxed & confident in the past coupl'a ...more

And RV took it to Dungey. But in your other thread, you think RV will be "surprised".

Hmm

|

12/26/2010 2:12 PM

tripod wrote:

I still think the only one to beat JS is his arch nemesis Bubba.

yup.

|

12/26/2010 2:17 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

How can anyone know...?

Hell, the way K-Dub's been getttin' more relaxed & confident in the past coupl'a ...more

Outsider wrote:

And RV took it to Dungey. But in your other thread, you think RV will be "surprised".

Hmm

yup yup.

That said. I think Dungey is a big title threat no matter who is out there.

RV seemed to be able to handle Dungey before he flamed out. Stewart beat Dungey when they went heads up lap for lap. Not many people have passed a healthy Stewart in SX. This could be the year for more of that. Maybe.

Consistency is the name of the game. Dungey/Reed have it. Stewart/RV have shown it in the past.

|

12/26/2010 2:47 PM

I think it's crazy how everyone forgot how fast Stewart is. I mean he is really one of the only riders to straight up beat Carmichael. He had 1 bad season where he was out all year. He came back for 1 national and got beat, but I don't think he was really prepared. He will show everyone in 2011 that he is still the best rider out there, and everyone will jump back on the band wagon.

|

12/26/2010 3:16 PM

bowser97 wrote:

I think it's crazy how everyone forgot how fast Stewart is. I mean he is really one of the only riders to straight up beat ...more

Yea what he said

|

12/26/2010 3:19 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]
:
"Psychcle the Psychic... say's "soon your fortune will be told" ;-)
|

∆©˚

12/26/2010 3:24 PM

Said it before and I'll saying it again. Don't really care who takes it, just hope we have close weekly battles, multiple winners and they come into Vegas with a minimum of 3 riders with a legitimate shot.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

12/26/2010 3:33 PM

Everybody is counting out THE CEDRIC. Bad move.

He's spotting the crew ANAHEIMLICH and intends on sweeping the rest,

spewing fumes of combusted BEL-RAY and making a mockery of the

field of imposters.

RUN AND TELL BRAAAP , Homeboys.
|

12/26/2010 4:34 PM

GuyB wrote:

Some people have short memories. I'm looking forward to this season...a lot. smile

I hardly have a memory w00t

I was surprised nobody picked Stewart, until I see someone beat him, I wouldn't bet against him.

|

12/26/2010 4:39 PM

GuyB wrote:

88sdad wrote:

I hardly have a memory w00t

I was surprised nobody picked Stewart, until I see someone beat him, I wouldn't bet against him.

Agreed .

The situations are rare and few, when ANYONE has passed James.

RC was one of the rare and few.

And even HE - wasn't very good at passing Stewie in SX.

Any discounting of #7 is just bulletin-board material.
|

12/26/2010 4:50 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

All I know is I feel bad for anyone trying to beat Bubba.

RV will smoke Stewart come A1. Stewart will crash again trying to catch RV and RD.

|

12/26/2010 4:56 PM

bowser97 wrote:

I think it's crazy how everyone forgot how fast Stewart is. I mean he is really one of the only riders to straight up beat ...more

yeah Stewart(2x sx champion) beat RC(5x sx champion) after his prime. besides the fastest rider is outdoors and the last year RC raced about 4 rounds he smoked Stewart each race.

|

12/26/2010 6:59 PM

if stewart comes in prepared with a proper bike setup ( which seems to be tough last few years) he will be tough to beat...........i dont think we will see a reed or stewart domination anymore..........if stewart cant walk away he usually doesnt win or finish a series

|

12/26/2010 8:45 PM

Why do people think stewart is still as fast as he USED to be a few years ago?

|

12/26/2010 8:48 PM

I would never bet against JS7, thats for sure. I don't think that he will win the title, but he will win races, for sure. Im going with Reed for the title, although I don't think he will win many races, but I think he will be the most consistent. And with a lineup like this coming year, I think it will be hard for any of the guys to come through the pack with a bad start.

|

12/26/2010 9:00 PM

Yes championship for Stewart.

|

12/26/2010 9:48 PM

GuyB wrote:

emig, stanton, rc, mc...short memories? nope, time for the next generation, its enevatible...

|

wiskey bent and hell bound

12/26/2010 10:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2010 10:37 PM

James will be the quickest, but look at what Dungey did at A-1 last year. He has only gotten better and more confident out front since then, and he ran with James for 17 laps back then. Since then, James hasnt been racing. Scratch that, he raced once and got beat by two guys and then quit. I think James will be James. He'll be fast and win when he stays up, and also on the ground alot. That will cost him the title. I think the new crop smells blood in the water, and this is the year they really take over from James and Chad.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

12/26/2010 10:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2010 10:40 PM

Last January, Stanton said Millsaps was "done" during a podcast, then Millsaps won the San Diego SX the next weekend. They use to say the same crap about Windham. None of these guys are "done" until they hang up their leathers. Until Bubba loses straight up in SX, he's the favorite to win.

|

12/26/2010 10:52 PM

mrquick wrote:

Why do people think stewart is still as fast as he USED to be a few years ago?

You mean a year ago....or 2 years ago?
If I remember correctly last year at A1 he rode a bit reserved and then pulled the trigger on Dungey and beat him straight up.
That race looked to me like he just wanted to get through it,due to the luck he had at A1 in past years. 09 he won the championship and his speed was great.

One would think coming into this 2011 season he has been doing nothing but preparing for this coming year.Training hard during the day and studying tapes & stuff at night.

We have seen the speed that he is capable of in the past....and it is godly like.
And if he has that same speed with more bike control,it could be bad news for the other championship contenders.

Stewart is my pick to win this thing.

|

12/27/2010 12:04 AM

I'm not going to put myself out on a limb and even pick one this year. But i do agree with you Eddy....when Stewart is on....he is on!

I'll know more ( we all will ) after we see A1......but for right now....i still think it's going to be tough to make a logical pick.

Some guys keep saying only 4 guys....Stewart , RD , RV and Reed. I think it should be 6.....and add in Trey and Kevin.

I honestly think any one of these 6 could win a main! I also think Josh Grant has the speed to win one or two as well.

man....I really hope all these guys stay healthy. Can you imagine how cool the series would be if they did?

BTW.....It really stinks that CP isn't going to be there this year ( I think ) , because i would throw him in that first group and make it 7 possible guys who could win a main!

Unbelievable!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja