Nitro Arenacross event update....

MX Culture
Edited Date/Time 11/7/2018 11:44am
The second stop of the tour was this weekend in Jackson, MS.
I got asked to announce and had a blast. Here’s what went down.
1. Recently married Jesse Wentland made a return to racing after retirement last year and he looked great on Saturday. No, he’s not making a full comeback. Says he just missed racing and the intensity that comes with it and will do a few more of these and if he could find something up north, maybe race Canada next summer.
2. Remember this name, Zane Marrett. I posted on insta that I was going to this race and Kyle Regal messaged me to watch for Zane. I didn’t need to look far. This kid (20) was up front all weekend. He set fastest qualifiers and won the 250 Pro main on Friday. Made the podium in several others and I interviewed him a few times too. Only one of a few to try the quad. Says he’s more Into outdoors and plans on turning Pro at Hangtown. Very impressive!
3. Michael Hicks. Won Friday’s 450 main and was in the mix in the the others. Rides a YZ so I liked him alreaady. From Fenton, MO (Forkner). Told me we met before at Red Bud. I felt like an idiot. Very smooth and great at passing. Only 17. Has a bright future!
4. Some guys that race drones came in and started filming the races. They would fly the drone behind the riders and low to the ground and basically race with the bikes. The footage is unreal. There is a clip on my IG. I can see this as a future feature on Supercross and other moto TV. It is very cool.
5. Overall the event was cool. This one wasn’t his biggest but it wasn’t his worst either. Very local down home feeling but with the mix of some national pros and some point chasing amateurs, it gives it a more national series feeling. Check out the website and social media @nitroArenacross for their upcoming schedule. I’m only doing a few more, Wes Kain is doing a bunch and they still have their longtime announcer Don as well so we’ll be switching it up. They have a live Facebook video feed from each event also.
Make sure to check it out if it’s near your area. Overall I had a great time and hope to do more. Maybe see you at one down the road.
DD

|
lukaitis9
11/4/2018 5:53pm
Thanks for the update Dave.

We signed on to be the official coolant of the series and I'm looking forward to checking out a couple in the coming months.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
11/4/2018 7:19pm
just watched the drone footage. thats pretty awesome actually, feels similar to a helmet came but better angles
huck
11/5/2018 5:33am
Looks like decent rider turn out, but not much of a crowd? I wonder if hunting season in the south has anything to do with that?
500guy
11/5/2018 6:12am
Thanks for the info, I had no idea it was even going on.

The Shop

mister2dt
11/5/2018 7:08am
huck wrote:
Looks like decent rider turn out, but not much of a crowd? I wonder if hunting season in the south has anything to do with that?
Closest track to Jackson is almost 2 hours away. Riding and racing is all but dead here. Maybe 20-25 of us that ride moto around the metro area. Another 30-40 that woods ride. Out of 300k people.... one shop in town that carries bikes and one shop in town that carries parts and service. This is a mud quad and SxS area now, sadly... hopefully with Golden Pines Raceway reopening, it will grow again.
Homey55
11/5/2018 10:32am
I was there! I took the wife and kids on Friday night to watch.

Zane was pretty fast, awesome corner speed! There was no quad that I saw, though...looked like he was the only one to triple into the rhythm and double out. He was complaining about someone riding rough in the main, but I didn't see it?

The drones were cool, but it looked like they had quite a few close calls and I'm not sure those things buzzing a riders back is the best idea.

The full gates on the 250/450 mains were the best racing of the night and quite impressive to see that many people on such a small track.

The 80cc class was great to watch as well. Looks like another up and comer in that class, too.
MX Culture
11/7/2018 11:44am
Do you know anyone who took pictures other than Jeff Cox
He was the only one I saw, and he had some awesome shots!
Hit him up.
11/7/2018 12:15pm
I would but it’s $60 for a day. To me that’s just too much, even though they are awesome shots.
MX Culture
11/7/2018 4:40pm
I would but it’s $60 for a day. To me that’s just too much, even though they are awesome shots.
He did a package for my buddy that was $100 for both days and like 88 pics! Communication is key.

Post a reply to: Nitro Arenacross event update....

The Latest