Nissan Stadium was not ready for us.

WW444
Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 6:44pm
I got in the stadium around 1245 and qualifying was starting and I noticed no one had a drink of any kind. Maybe the stadium didn’t realize this is an all day event? No vendor was open. Then they opened 1 vendor on each side of the stadium and the lines looked like this till around 5 o’clock when they started opening the rest up. If you exited and re entered everyone had to enter the same gate and re show tour ticket and stamp and go through security as you did the first time. It was a mess. I enjoyed the race and I hope they come back for years to come but Nissan is going to have to be more prepared next year. I’ve only been to Atlanta the past 10 years and it’s never been like this.
|
JLM#144
4/7/2019 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 2:36pm
Seems like I remember the same thing happening at Tampa last year, they also ran out of food at some places. Maybe the stadium staff just doesn't know how to judge the crowd for their first event.
level
4/7/2019 2:48pm
That stadium was packed. That had to be a record crowd. Moto is big in the south or redneck country. We love our motors.
Racer111
4/7/2019 2:59pm
WW444 wrote:
I got in the stadium around 1245 and qualifying was starting and I noticed no one had a drink of any kind. Maybe the stadium didn’t...
I got in the stadium around 1245 and qualifying was starting and I noticed no one had a drink of any kind. Maybe the stadium didn’t realize this is an all day event? No vendor was open. Then they opened 1 vendor on each side of the stadium and the lines looked like this till around 5 o’clock when they started opening the rest up. If you exited and re entered everyone had to enter the same gate and re show tour ticket and stamp and go through security as you did the first time. It was a mess. I enjoyed the race and I hope they come back for years to come but Nissan is going to have to be more prepared next year. I’ve only been to Atlanta the past 10 years and it’s never been like this.
Had to do the same thing in Atlanta. It was ridiculous.
Texas Built
4/7/2019 3:06pm
That sucks. Someone dropped the ball. All vendors open in Houston right from the start.

The Shop

wwoberg
4/7/2019 3:40pm
level wrote:
That stadium was packed. That had to be a record crowd. Moto is big in the south or redneck country. We love our motors.
Far from packed. One entire side of the upper level was empty/closed.
canciaro
4/7/2019 3:48pm
Maybe if Atlanta gets booted from the schedule this will take its place as a popular southern state round? I think ATL needs to stay on the schedule but with the security and pit area issues JT talks about the last couple years I hope Nashville stays on. Nice to see a crowd like that.
dimetime
4/7/2019 4:01pm
There is never anything open when you first walk into Anaheim Stadium during first practice either.

It's always annoying but this crap started about 5-6 years ago when there was the heavy handed crack down on tailgating. I think it's another attempt to limit booze consumption a little too.

Personally, l think the stadiums hate the fact that we all come early even though they have batting practice open for the Angels when they're playing at home. The workers always seem a little bitter at first.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/7/2019 4:06pm
dimetime wrote:
There is never anything open when you first walk into Anaheim Stadium during first practice either. It's always annoying but this crap started about 5-6 years...
There is never anything open when you first walk into Anaheim Stadium during first practice either.

It's always annoying but this crap started about 5-6 years ago when there was the heavy handed crack down on tailgating. I think it's another attempt to limit booze consumption a little too.

Personally, l think the stadiums hate the fact that we all come early even though they have batting practice open for the Angels when they're playing at home. The workers always seem a little bitter at first.
I went to the Angels game yesterday, and the service staff was 100% nicer then during the SX's. Then again, it's a 100% different crowd. Oh yeah, the lot attendant gave us free preferred parking because I was wearing a Dodgers hat. Laughing

Parking was only $10 bucks if you had to pay. SX? $25.
ledger
4/7/2019 4:46pm
Hopefully Nashville stays on the schedule, but more importantly to learn from mistakes and mishaps to make next year better. They can start with better dirt, less rock and trash.
hillbilly
4/7/2019 5:04pm
I stuffed 2 monsters,free ones lol,water and a rpotbeer,3 oranges,2 bars,2 packs of nabs into my cargo pants,

Tied a flannel around my waste and went in.

Best SX I been to in long time

Parked at the pit entrance ear?y ,traffic right out,awsome
iplaybmx
4/7/2019 5:16pm
2017 Minneapolis had only 2 stands open and long lines throughout practice. 18 and 19 most of the stands were open and never had an issue getting food
hillbilly
4/7/2019 5:56pm
If I whined as much as some on here I'd take a vacuum hose to my exhaust on the truck ,throw it thru the winder and fire it up.
WW444
4/7/2019 6:07pm
hillbilly wrote:
I stuffed 2 monsters,free ones lol,water and a rpotbeer,3 oranges,2 bars,2 packs of nabs into my cargo pants, Tied a flannel around my waste and went...
I stuffed 2 monsters,free ones lol,water and a rpotbeer,3 oranges,2 bars,2 packs of nabs into my cargo pants,

If I lacked in the pants area, I’d sneak a 5 course meal in too.
4/7/2019 6:14pm
hillbilly wrote:
I stuffed 2 monsters,free ones lol,water and a rpotbeer,3 oranges,2 bars,2 packs of nabs into my cargo pants, Tied a flannel around my waste and went...

Classic
HusqFan3
4/7/2019 6:34pm
level wrote:
Record crowd? There were easily 10k fewer people in attendance than Seattle just 2 weeks earlier...

Still a good crowd, especially given it was held at same time as Final Four.
S_hagan77
4/7/2019 6:36pm
I said the same thing, hour and 45 min in line for food sucked. Great racing, got burned... I will remember sun screen next time!
4/7/2019 7:17pm
I disagree with basically everything the OP listen except the food line. There was only stand open most of the day and it was a pain in the ass. We planned on leaving and coming back anyway, so it was a non issue for us.

Not sure about the pass in/out comment. We got our stamp on the way out and came back through a completely different gate. Showed the stamp and walked right in. That was a little after 4 and every food vendor in the building was open. The stadium wasn't completely full, but it was a good crowd.

Overall, it was a great venue. I've been going to supercross for close to 25 years and have been to probably 50% of the locations on the schedule. The day was exactly as expected. The entrance to the stadium for practice was actually more fluid than some years at Indy.

THE KING KNOCKED DOWN A NACNAC, I GOT ZERO COMPLAINTS!!
kawasa84
4/7/2019 7:19pm
Luckily, there was no line to my fridge. Oh.......and the beer was cold
cjg23307
4/7/2019 7:59pm
WW444 wrote:
I got in the stadium around 1245 and qualifying was starting and I noticed no one had a drink of any kind. Maybe the stadium didn’t...
They do this at most venues. It was the same way at minneapolis this year because about only 5,000-8,000 show up to watch practice. With the staff those places would lose a lot of money with a stadium that holds 60,000
offroad44b
4/8/2019 4:49am
I was getting ready to start a similar tread, glad im not the only one that noticed the ridiculous preparation and operation job by the stadium. TERRIBLE!

They had one gate open, that was directly adjacent to the pit gate, and one concession stand open that was directly inside the only gate open. I truly couldn't believe what I was seeing........... hahah

Did FIM/AMA not give them a heads up? did they not check the weather and figure ppl would be out in droves? that's the first thing I said when we saw the storms were holding off, that attendance will be up and ppl will be out early......

over all cool venue, awesome city, easy to get in and out the stadium area, awesome pit party, great racing, cool track, but damn I hope they learned a big lesson and took good notes for next year.....................
offroad44b
4/8/2019 4:53am
level wrote:
wwoberg wrote:
Far from packed. One entire side of the upper level was empty/closed.
it was PACKED for how prepared the stadium was. it was packed regardless, let alone having one gate open and one concession stand open for the first 5 hours of gates being open...... BAD!
Alex814
4/8/2019 6:09am
Same deal at Minneapolis in 2017. I won't be back, but I hope it's gotten better since.
bam530
4/8/2019 7:37am
My son entered the gates he was 3 by the time I got my food and back to our seats he was 4 and Eli was riding a Honda and the defending SX champ was Webb. ?

Great city but growing pains on the venue being new to SX.
biscuit11
4/8/2019 7:42am
JLM#144 wrote:
Seems like I remember the same thing happening at Tampa last year, they also ran out of food at some places. Maybe the stadium staff just...
Seems like I remember the same thing happening at Tampa last year, they also ran out of food at some places. Maybe the stadium staff just doesn't know how to judge the crowd for their first event.
I was at the Tampa race yeah it was bad they completely ran out of everything lol
JAC
4/8/2019 8:14am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 8:19am
I've been to a lot of Supercross races and the lack of food and drink concessions during the day is always the same.......terrible. It was really bad in Nashville.

The entry process varies from race to race. In Nashville it changed a few times during the day. I had a mechanic's pass, which confused several workers. And I also had an Industry Seating ticket, which also confused them. Sometimes they let me avoid the crowds and walk right in, and other times they almost did a strip search.

Overall it was a great weekend. The weather was great, the pits were in a good place, the racing was crazy, it was close to my home 3 hours away, and my son made the 250 main event and survived to race another day.

Nashville SX attendance was 54,703.

Joey
hillbilly
4/8/2019 8:57am
hillbilly wrote:

WW444 wrote:
If I lacked in the pants area, I’d sneak a 5 course meal in too.
What I lack in pants I make up in brains,big ole brain.
rbspecial138
Fantasy
955th
4/8/2019 11:39am
yzken250x wrote:
Was like that at Oakland SX this year too.
I had the same experience there this year, out of almost all the food at multiple vendors before opening ceremonies started. seemed like only a few of the people behind the counter even understood English. pitiful.
SethGator
4/8/2019 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 12:09pm
I thought it was awesome and can't wait for next year. A bonus I got to meet Troy Lee and Andrea Dovizioso and sit next to Jakub Kornfeil and Filip Salac.

Only downfall was I missed meeting Marc Marquez.

Post a reply to: Nissan Stadium was not ready for us.

The Latest