Nike Boots and an Island trip

Big Money
1/6/2010 11:27pm
86honda wrote:
We are holding out for the "Chuck Taylor" Allstar boots.
Im with you on that one....however with a little twist....i'm holding out for the 2011 release of the "REEBOK DOUBLE TONGUE MX BOOTY", heard they even have a pair with attached leg warmers for all the woods riders! Gonna be sik!

1/6/2010 11:29pm
Loose wrote:
751 did you know that you have an Australian native bird as your avatar?
Haha! funny, no I did not, lol, this is one of my pets, my parakeet, I have had it for about 15 years, He has the best life ever, he is not caged, has a custom tropical cage with no walls or roof, and he flies and goes as he pleases and is super tame. He flies down and sits on my laptop facing me when he sees me on it. Thanks for noticing the little guy!
41NDT
1/6/2010 11:29pm
Just when the industry got over the Scott boots Nike go and bring these turds to life.
If i was Fox and Answer i would be pissed @ how they make there gear look all wrong, like two men in bed together
Loose
1/6/2010 11:39pm
Loose wrote:
751 did you know that you have an Australian native bird as your avatar?
751 wrote:
Haha! funny, no I did not, lol, this is one of my pets, my parakeet, I have had it for about 15 years, He has the...
Haha! funny, no I did not, lol, this is one of my pets, my parakeet, I have had it for about 15 years, He has the best life ever, he is not caged, has a custom tropical cage with no walls or roof, and he flies and goes as he pleases and is super tame. He flies down and sits on my laptop facing me when he sees me on it. Thanks for noticing the little guy!
Not a parakeet but a Budgerigar,

I shit you not

You may need to dye his feathers green this year unless you're betting on ReardonGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning

The Shop

worcsracer808
1/7/2010 12:50am
Im waiting for the ones with the air pump on it so you can pump up your kicks before you hit the mx track :p
Pat327
1/7/2010 1:31am
DownSouth wrote:
I think the Nike bashing comes from the fact that they are a HUGE company who is already a billion dollar business who wants to come...
I think the Nike bashing comes from the fact that they are a HUGE company who is already a billion dollar business who wants to come in and take a chunk of cash from small companies who have been in the sport for years. MX is not a very big business in the grand scheme so I see it as Nike trying to get a cash grab in a small market who does not need a behemoth shoe company with endless resources to compete with. MXers always talk about being 'core' and Nike is about as far from that as you can get with regard to MX.

What is the big money sponsor Nike going to do for the sport? They will stuff the already full pockets of Stewart with even more cash while siphoning off sales and market share from companies who derive most or all their business from motocross. I would be more impressed if they started sponsoring privateers who actually need the help but they just seem to want to buy there way in at the top.

As far as the boots go I think they look kind of cheesey, especially the red/white/black ones which are obviously styled after the old Air Jordans.

Spot on, DownSouth.
Shocker
1/7/2010 2:59am
Don't think the Moto Vs. Air Jordan thing is working at all... YUCK!
patmine
1/7/2010 5:46am
GuyB wrote:
I don't think James will be the only rider in the boots on Saturday night.
You are right about that sir!!!
Cygnus
1/7/2010 6:14am
Nike shoes suck. Why would the boots be any better?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/7/2010 6:46am
DownSouth wrote:
I think the Nike bashing comes from the fact that they are a HUGE company who is already a billion dollar business who wants to come...
I think the Nike bashing comes from the fact that they are a HUGE company who is already a billion dollar business who wants to come in and take a chunk of cash from small companies who have been in the sport for years. MX is not a very big business in the grand scheme so I see it as Nike trying to get a cash grab in a small market who does not need a behemoth shoe company with endless resources to compete with. MXers always talk about being 'core' and Nike is about as far from that as you can get with regard to MX.

What is the big money sponsor Nike going to do for the sport? They will stuff the already full pockets of Stewart with even more cash while siphoning off sales and market share from companies who derive most or all their business from motocross. I would be more impressed if they started sponsoring privateers who actually need the help but they just seem to want to buy there way in at the top.

As far as the boots go I think they look kind of cheesey, especially the red/white/black ones which are obviously styled after the old Air Jordans.

Pat327 wrote:
Spot on, DownSouth.
So much for this. Transworld says they are not going to be for sale.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/7/2010 6:48am
Another James Stewart one-off............
Dungey designed them.
Cygnus
1/7/2010 6:54am
Yaya wrote:
Ok I just saw a another photo of Dungey wearing them. I must saw the first thing that popped into my head, was damn they honestly...
Ok I just saw a another photo of Dungey wearing them. I must saw the first thing that popped into my head, was damn they honestly look like clown boots. See for yourself

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/more-on-the-nike-60-mx-boot/
Now I want an egg mc muffin.
spd721
1/7/2010 6:58am
those are fucking ugly
roomtofly
1/7/2010 7:19am
nike is to the athletic apparel market like kanye west is to the radio market.
always in the news, lots of cash, nothing of value to offer a culture (or subculture in our case), watered down to appeal to a broad audience, and only interested in themselves. these boots will be available to public soon and i will not spend a single cent with motosport, locomx, or any other company that carries this boot (or the gear line that will be next). anybody who thinks this is good for the sport is delusional. the only people this is good for is JS, RD, and phil knight. there is an army of privateers out there that could use the support, but that's not how nike runs.
Brtp4
1/7/2010 7:46am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:50pm
Brtp4 wrote:
CHIP JONES!!!!!
swap wrote:
Chip is a bad ass!

Sounds like they are not planning on selling the boots at all.... only for JS and RD.
Hey DM!!

Was CJ part of this project?

BP
SMITH201
1/7/2010 8:23am
MeyerLarry wrote:
Do you really think JS and RD would compromise their feet for a dollar at their level?
Dsigner wrote:
hmmmmm would they? [img]http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Media/News/berikracing.JPG_0.jpg[/img]
hmmmmm would they?
Hey, Berik OVS RC boots were really good boots. I miss mine. Good at breaking in, protected very well, and held up great. If I find a place that has the OVS RC in size 11 somewhere I will purchase a couple pairs.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
1/7/2010 9:17am
Jordan421 wrote:
There arent any, thats why we need to make some that are dumb ass. Why are paying out the ass for shit that is made for...
There arent any, thats why we need to make some that are dumb ass.
Why are paying out the ass for shit that is made for what a third of what it cost?
751 wrote:
Probably alot less than a 1/3, it would make everyone sick what this stuff is done for. Its not right for the USA. Everyday more companies...
Probably alot less than a 1/3, it would make everyone sick what this stuff is done for. Its not right for the USA. Everyday more companies close and have operations moved to other locations where there are no epa regulations and costs. Its greed and it is wrecking the country.
easy_e wrote:
You don't support nike then, do you?
No I dont.
I try to buy stuff that is either made in America or anywhere besides China.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
1/7/2010 9:19am
GuyB wrote:
Red Bull hooked us up with a cool opportunity to visit with their athletes in an unusual location today, and we'll have more from that, soon...
Red Bull hooked us up with a cool opportunity to visit with their athletes in an unusual location today, and we'll have more from that, soon. In the meantime, we know you want to see them, and here are a couple peeks at the Nike boots that San Manuel / Yamaha / JSE's James Stewart was wearing today.

Check back later for much more from today's festivities on Vital MX.
hahaha, Best way to put it I guess.
TerryB
1/7/2010 10:02am
Cygnus wrote:
Nike shoes suck. Why would the boots be any better?
Wow, I would have to disagree with you 100% on that one Cyg. I've been a runner most of my life and have worn alot of shoes out. Hands down, Nike is the best athletic shoe maker there is. Did I say hands down?

Fit is a personal preference based on your foot shape, and Nike runs a little narrower than most, so they fit me great, but durability and quality of materials are second to none.

I would absolutely consider a Nike MX boot, but I think I'll wait to see how the looks evolve with the second generation.
SMITH201
1/7/2010 10:03am
Based on looks and and quality(made in china) I would feel much better and safer with Alpinestars Tech 3s or Gaerne Fastbacks.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/7/2010 10:20am
I guess it helps to get facts before we complain.
manering
1/7/2010 1:39pm
Yaya wrote:
Ok I just saw a another photo of Dungey wearing them. I must saw the first thing that popped into my head, was damn they honestly...
Ok I just saw a another photo of Dungey wearing them. I must saw the first thing that popped into my head, was damn they honestly look like clown boots. See for yourself

thanks nike....for making 2 of the top riders in our sport look like clowns.

its almost like a dare. ok we'll pay you this much money to wear these clown boots and pretend your for real.Sick
JW381
1/7/2010 1:48pm
Ok, these are just my opinions. I have a pair of Beriks and they do just fine for me. They've also held up for over 2 years now. Granted I don't ride daily, but I ride and race often enough.

The NIKE's look cool to me. I may not buy any of this first line. I'd consider the all blacks, or an all white pair.

Basketball is my second favorite sport, so of course I'm going to be drawn to something that resembles an AIRM(a)X Basketball shoe.
1/7/2010 1:49pm
Big Lenny wrote:
[img]http://www.supercross.com/images/stories/features/2010/red-bull-supercross-010610/nike-boot-stewart-3.jpg[/img]
those dont even look that bed the red ones on the other hand look horrible they need better colors i think they could end up next year with the second generation being a nice boot as of now no
manering
1/7/2010 1:57pm
i bet james and ryan are gonna be saying to nike... please can i wear the black ones, i don't wanna run the red toe ones, my buddies are gonna laugh. nike will be like... no we paid u good $ to run the airclowns.
Dsigner
1/7/2010 2:27pm
Yaya wrote:

Somewhere Ronald McDonald is gathering his Lawyers for a Copyrights case.

Post a reply to: Nike Boots and an Island trip

The Latest