Nihilo Frame Tape WTF

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2020 8:30 PM

2019 KX450-Anyone else's Nihilo Frame grip tape lasting 3 or 4 twenty minute motos before its torn to shit? Left side is worn all the way through after 4 solid motos and the right side is half way worn through. Go a different route or keep putting 20 bones on the chopping block for new grip tape every practice.......

|

9/8/2020 8:41 PM

Quit squeezing the bike so tight!

|

9/8/2020 8:58 PM

Sounds about right. I use the paper backing as templates and buy a roll of 3M grip/anti slip tape and cut my own. It is cheaper and will last about the same amount of time. I haven't seen any 1 brand or tape type last very long.

|

9/9/2020 4:21 AM

Swapped over to core grip which seem slightly better but still replacing them often

|

9/9/2020 4:30 AM

Buy a roll of skateboard grip tape. Boots are too expensive for me to justify running that stuff though.

|

9/9/2020 5:08 AM

It’s tape

|

9/9/2020 5:14 AM

mx216 wrote:

Quit squeezing the bike so tight!

That is what she said

|

9/9/2020 5:52 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Buy a roll of skateboard grip tape. Boots are too expensive for me to justify running that stuff though.

Went this route once, wore right through the ankles on my Tech 7's in a month. Decided to try the anti-slip tape from Ace Hardware and never looked back. The skateboard grip tape is like taking 100 grit sandpaper to your boots.

|

9/9/2020 11:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 11:03 AM

Lay a piece of paper over your frame rails and other areas you want tape on. Air box, shrouds, side panels. Take a crayon and lay it sideways. Lightly rub up and down on the paper while holding it in place. After you finish this, cut it out and use as a template.
I usually use the Factory FX tape. Like anything, it will wear out but, this is cheaper and the template’s are reusable.

|

9/9/2020 11:21 AM

crowe660 wrote:

after seeing Pastrana put it all over his RM125 i put the clear skate grip tape on my frame, side panels, shrouds, etc. went through a pair of pants in one moto. my dad was not impressed, i pulled it off before the 2nd moto.

|

9/9/2020 2:02 PM

HungryHungryMoto wrote:

2019 KX450-Anyone else's Nihilo Frame grip tape lasting 3 or 4 twenty minute motos before its torn to shit? Left side is worn all the way through after 4 solid motos and the right side is half way worn through. Go a different route or keep putting 20 bones on the chopping block for new grip tape every practice.......

Sounds about right. I had a pattern I would use to make my own out of a roll of quality 3M Grip Tape for my old Honda. I found the grey to last the longest and provide the correct grip.

I use the Acerbis rubberized protectors now on my KTM - even though it widens the bike 2mm's

|

9/9/2020 4:40 PM

Ive been Photousing some new skateboard griptape from DKLSkateboarding. It's been holding up good, grips like normal sandpaper, and no noticable extra wear on the riding gear!

|

9/9/2020 5:12 PM

RGaede wrote:

Ive been Photousing some new skateboard griptape from DKLSkateboarding. It's been holding up good, grips like normal sandpaper, and no noticable extra wear on the riding gear!

what pegs are those?

|

9/9/2020 5:20 PM

Those are the Fly Racing Gator pegs.

|

9/9/2020 10:45 PM

The Attack Graphics frame tape are just as bad, don't waste your money on those.

|

2020 KTM 350 SXF

9/9/2020 11:35 PM

ITS. JUST. A. FAD.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

9/10/2020 1:22 AM

HungryHungryMoto wrote:

I purchased it and it barely lasted 2 times riding! Just got a lot of glue all over my boots!

|

9/10/2020 2:01 AM

Anyone tried Vibram rubber tape like MXGP Honda is using?

|

9/10/2020 2:37 AM

I’ve been using this stuff. It’s cheap and rubberized. I cut my own and they last maybe 2 rides. Photo
Photo

|

9/10/2020 2:57 AM

Photo
|

9/10/2020 6:30 AM

Skateboard grip tape Bruh!

|

United States of America

9/10/2020 8:04 AM

Spa griptape from Lowes is the longest lasting in my experience. I got tired of redoing it so I just use the Acerbis X-grips.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

9/10/2020 8:21 AM

It's hard to keep the frame tape looking good. I just get the cheap stuff and cut it up into smaller sections. When it peels off.....it's not part of a cosmetic look. A couple of strips is good enough. You can customize this a little but it looks crappy.

|

9/10/2020 8:40 AM

peelout wrote:

after seeing Pastrana put it all over his RM125 i put the clear skate grip tape on my frame, side panels, shrouds, etc. went through a pair of pants in one moto. my dad was not impressed, i pulled it off before the 2nd moto.

Pretty similar experience here, my old man said "you ain't doing that shit again until you beat every guy on the track that don't have that on his bike"

Only difference being I put it on before a 100 mile desert race and it pretty much ruined a set of boots too sad

|

9/10/2020 10:56 AM

I have never tried Nihilo's version, but I have used the Attack from RMATVMC, and it looks to be somewhat similar. I was not a fan of how abrasive it was, and the same thing with MotoTape. I use the P3 brand for my frame, and then clear skateboard tape from Amazon on my side panels. I am not a fan of how bulky feeling the stock or aftermarket fram guards are.

|