Night show complaints

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2018 10:40 PM

Dumb ass make up to mud segment every week.

No real mention of military night no checking out the bikes and gear up close.

Milsaaps a great rider is retiring suddenly and unexpectedly (relatively yes weve known but it wasnt planned to go this way) and he gets time to answer one question before cut off and back to some dumb ass segment.

Main event is going on and we're watching bikes in the pits and on the side and the same replay for like 3 minutes straight. Its a 20 minute race save the replays for the hours of downtime for the love of god.

I hate the program more and more. Love the racing but its almost dreadful how bad the show is.

|

2/10/2018 10:47 PM

My only big beef was the stretch with Roczen and Webb, they were away from the racing for too long there and on those early laps that is when the best action is happening. I actually thought Fro and Ralph were much better.

Now the freakin' livestream....that's another story. I pelted some people with angry tweets tonight as we missed pretty much all of the heat races.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/10/2018 10:47 PM

yz133rider wrote:

...more

I can't argue with most of what you said. I'll add one.

they always follow bubble boy, in the heat races/lcq, no matter what, even if he's on a damn island, and no one is around. The guy winning the race deserves the camera unless there is action somewhere else...but no matter what, you have to give the camera to the guy crossing the finish line.

and you're right, they should be showing the bikes and hardware more. it's half the reason we're all fans of the sport.

|

2/10/2018 11:06 PM

Insane to me seriously how bad they are making the program. Huge fan and its borderline painful to watch.

|

2/10/2018 11:10 PM

Photo

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

2/11/2018 8:18 AM

Seriously nobody else agrees?

|

2/11/2018 8:40 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Seriously nobody else agrees?

I just don’t pay attention to the rest of the program. I watch the races and usually cruise Twitter or Vital while the fluff is on. I’ve given up on them giving hardcore fans any useful segments.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/11/2018 8:42 AM

Unfortunately SX is a show, we know there’s racing going on and the guys are insane talents, but it’s sold as entertainment more than a race. I agree with the OP. Bring on the outdoors and GPs.

|

2/11/2018 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 8:42 AM

While I really wanted to find out what happened to Kenny , just seeing the one replay should of been enough.....they could talk about it more after the race. There was a lot happening out there in those few minutes , and we only get about 22 of them to watch it. I was also pretty bummed on the Davi segment. After all those years , and great racing that guy gave us.....he got asked one question , see ya later , bye. Could have been a great couple minute fair well type thing in between some of the heat races. And don't get me wrong....the racing has been crazy good this year.....but the broadcast of the actual race that's going on , could use some help.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/11/2018 8:46 AM

Picture in picture was well used ... one thing though ... get rid of the ridiculous border and get rid of the rider board on the left !!! Or at a minimum go back to a transparent ticker across the top of the screen please please please please please please !!!

|

2/11/2018 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 8:48 AM

yz133rider wrote:

...more

For the OP
Maybe record it and fast forward. ??

|

2/11/2018 8:57 AM

KMC440 wrote:

Picture in picture was well used ... one thing though ... get rid of the ridiculous border and get rid of the rider board on ...more

I like the rider board on the left so much better than a ticker. I wish they would just show 1-22 the whole race instead of of a random riders photo and their BPM.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/11/2018 9:11 AM

I agree, so much BS between the racing and i cannot stand the commentary during. Science of SX is designed for non-riders i'm convinced, make-up to mud is just dumb and i can only stand the Toyota Weston Pieck commercial so many times in one sitting. I usually just wait till the next day and YouTube the heats and mains.

|

2/11/2018 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 9:30 AM

The ratings are not that great-so I think they are grabbing at straws. The social media stuff is a sign "we will try anything to get viewers".

|

2/11/2018 9:25 AM

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I will forward this to Duke Finch to see what we can do to meet your demands.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/11/2018 9:44 AM

Can the same network that covers NASCAR and gives a full report on why any back marker drops out of a race not tell the viewing audience why one of the most high profile athletes in our sport pulled out of the race??? Total BS!

|

2/11/2018 9:50 AM

KMC440 wrote:

Picture in picture was well used ... one thing though ... get rid of the ridiculous border and get rid of the rider board on ...more

BobPA wrote:

I like the rider board on the left so much better than a ticker. I wish they would just show 1-22 the whole race instead of of ...more

I was referring to during picture in picture.

|

2/11/2018 9:58 AM

I'm not complaining, but I'd much rather see something like this between the races than another puff piece segment. Let's listen to experts discuss the heat races we just saw.

Photo

|

2/11/2018 10:00 AM

They mentioned Pit Beirer from KTM being there....would have been pretty obvious to mention..."Pit must be happy to see 4 of the top 5 450 finishers on KTM product"

I think the makeup to mud segments are fine....they are not very long..and trying to help the ladies visualize themselves riding bikes.

The social media stuff is just painful to watch.

The ridiculously short segment with Davi was embarrassing....20+ years as a major part of the sport and he gets mere seconds on screen...

I'd like to see much more of the racehaulers, bikes, pits etc.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

2/11/2018 10:49 AM

They just miss so much
Barcia passed Marvin for 2nd, and they battled for the spot. Then after a few laps, he was dropping like an anchor, for only 20 minutes or so. It didn't just happen over a lap or two, so it was obvious something was up. Guys were catching him and immediately putting huge gaps on him. It went unnoticed, not even a comment, until the end when Fro comes up with he must be having a mental issue, or some shit, seriously!
Do they have spotters or people relaying them info during the race, how hard would that be? Then Kaitlyn or Daniel could of went to the mechanic for an update.
I understand they are probably watching tv screens or have some sort of production limits on what they can focus on in the booth but: to not have any clue what happened, then speculate on some bullshit mental collapse is weak! WTF Fro!

|

2/11/2018 10:53 AM

stiksandstones wrote:

The ratings are not that great-so I think they are grabbing at straws. The social media stuff is a sign "we will try anything ...more

Hope we aren't going to see a Caitlyn jenner rides dirt bikes segment, when they became in, yrs ago he/she rode for a while

|

2/11/2018 11:24 AM

Trav138 wrote:

They just miss so much
Barcia passed Marvin for 2nd, and they battled for the spot. Then after a few laps, he was dropping ...more

I was thinking the same, a mental issue??

dropped anchor because he couldn't concentrate, talk about bullshit commentary from someone who should know better.

|

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms

2/11/2018 11:26 AM

It's really easy to nitpick. How about some props for the realtime heart rate telemetry? That was cool.

|

2/11/2018 12:12 PM

WhipMeister wrote:

It's really easy to nitpick. How about some props for the realtime heart rate telemetry? That was cool.

Yes...that was cool

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

2/11/2018 12:22 PM

TropicPilot wrote:

I'm not complaining, but I'd much rather see something like this between the races than another puff piece segment. Let's ...more

Not enough $$ in the budget. I really wish we had a REAL PIT REPORTER ! ! !
I've only been hoping for 35 years why would it change now ... right?

|

2/11/2018 1:22 PM

Let you guys in on a little secret: the show is NOT produced with y’all in mind.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/11/2018 1:31 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Let you guys in on a little secret: the show is NOT produced with y’all in mind.

And thats a shame. Moto gp formula one mxgp all cater to actual racing fans not mister joe blow never ridden a bike ever. Or better yet miss suzy q never ridden anything but lets cater to her?

|

2/11/2018 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2018 1:52 PM

yz133rider wrote:

And thats a shame. Moto gp formula one mxgp all cater to actual racing fans not mister joe blow never ridden a bike ever. Or ...more

Everyone thinks they can drive a car and many think they could ride a bike on the road. Only kids and fools think they could or want to huck a huge triple, so theres no 'connect'..

|

2/11/2018 1:52 PM

If they are producing this stuff with people that know little to nothing about the sport in mind, they failed hugely in my household. I have been told, "I am new, not stupid"...

ie. Talking about riders on the color of bike rather than the number. Sure Tomac is on a green bike, but there are 3 green bikes on the screen......or how Anderson is on "the new bike". Someone asked me..."aren't they all new bikes? I don't get it.."

Don't care to get into much more and add unneeded negativity to this, only express some frustration on my part trying to get others to watch this stuff with me. I do agree with most of the complaints though. Everyone seems to agree though, that the racing itself(if they could cover it better) has been more entertaining this season so far, so that leaves me with a little hope.

Note: Emig seemed to really pick it up this week. That was brought up and was appreciated.

|

2/11/2018 2:07 PM

We need triple crown to fix nights like this.

|