Nico Izzi sat by Star for not putting in the effort

rallendude
6/29/2010 11:59am
I've always been one to shun pain meds. I never liked the way they made me feel groggy. I'd rather hurt and maybe eat some ibuprophen than fee like that. Plus, I was terrified I'd get addicted after knowing about all the mxers who fall victim to addiction. It's a personality type I think.

Anyway, I got busted up really bad this time last year and spent two months on dilaudid and percosets. I decided after a month or so that it was time to quit. I got the awfulest feelings like my insides were trying to crawl out. Jitters, aches, pains, head aches, depression. Luckily, my wife recognized it all and had me go back to taking small doses and come off slowly.

I never liked taking them but the feelings when coming off were hard to get away from. I started on dilaudid and my wife said I was very irritable so I switched to percocet. I took two every four hours for weeks. I'm so glad to have been able to get off them cleanly. I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through it, especially fellow mxers.
6/29/2010 1:15pm
There is definitely a mental aspect to serious injury that exacerbates the addiction problem. You can't ride, you're laying around in bed bored out of your mind, and you're usually a little depressed (or a lot depressed). It becomes a lot more than pain management.
j100
6/29/2010 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2010 1:19pm
i say Mitch picks up Izzi, he gets his shit straight and wins some races next year. if not Mitch, i say TLD.
agency399
6/29/2010 1:39pm
j100 wrote:
i say Mitch picks up Izzi, he gets his shit straight and wins some races next year. if not Mitch, i say TLD.
That would be cool to see.......

I have always been an Izzi fan. Not sure why but just always have been.

When they tied my ACL back together they had me on the pain meds. And I can see where they would be hard to kick. The thing is, when your hurt, they make you feel better and they are easy to get. Well after a few months of that, the next thing you know you have a problem.

I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy how they made me feel during the recovery time.

Not sure what Nico's deal is.......but I hope he gets it worked out and comes back strong

The Shop

Lightning78
6/29/2010 2:36pm
I gotta post this again.....this would help 100% of the epidemic of riders/racers on painkillers......some of you that lurk that involved with these riders or know them personally.....please please look into this stuff.... I sent an email to matthes and he is going to be doing a show about this problem and ways to help.....this is the best way I can thinnk of and you can do it off the radar

About:

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/suboxone/

FAQ's This should explain everything someone needs to know about suboxone

http://www.suboxone.com/...s/suboxone/faqs.aspx

Comments: Please read user comments they are all true statements!!!

http://www.drugs.com/...iate-dependence.html

Lightning78
6/29/2010 2:37pm
And I dont even know if that is his problem or not but this info needs to be out there for those that are unaware ....maybe help a friend or family member.
-eagle-
6/30/2010 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2010 12:09pm
Back to the heel injury:

Ferry's Retirement Podcast really put into perspective what it does to a rider. I wasn't aware that it is basically an athletes death kiss.

Hope he can salvage something from all this. His limp at high point was HEAVY.

chrisbuehler
6/30/2010 12:54pm
And I dont even know if that is his problem or not but this info needs to be out there for those that are unaware ....maybe...
And I dont even know if that is his problem or not but this info needs to be out there for those that are unaware ....maybe help a friend or family member.
X2. Solid info right there. Suboxone IS a miracle drug, not like that crap methodone which can be as bad to come off as opiates themselves
adamdf
6/30/2010 1:31pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Going with Izzi is on the same wave length as what I posted.....read the interview.

Maniac? HAHA!....okey-Dokey!
disbanded wrote:
I read the interview and it was from May of 09. He was very honest in that interview. Do you believe he is lying now about...
I read the interview and it was from May of 09.

He was very honest in that interview. Do you believe he is lying now about being sick? He gives me absolutely no reason to not believe him.
sheesh, finally someone got it right! it was in freakin May of 09 when the injury was still new, people can be so ridiculous with the bullshit, if you dont effin know then dont jump to the crap i've been reading in this thread, your damaging someones name for what? To increase your post count? Or to sound like you know something? its just ridiculous can't say that enough.
Lightning78
6/30/2010 2:44pm
-eagle- wrote:
Back to the heel injury: Ferry's Retirement Podcast really put into perspective what it does to a rider. I wasn't aware that it is basically an...
Back to the heel injury:

Ferry's Retirement Podcast really put into perspective what it does to a rider. I wasn't aware that it is basically an athletes death kiss.

Hope he can salvage something from all this. His limp at high point was HEAVY.

I wouldn't call it a death kiss I conpletely shattered mine to pieces and while it took about a year to get back up to speed and no more movement problems or pain as a result of casing a jump I do realize they are at a different level but I am 100% and it has been over 10 years since I did it aside from my back injury last year I was riding really well till I hurt my back I think Nico Needs to take next year off fully rehad it and come back swinging at 100% just MO
sxf138
6/30/2010 4:50pm
Has anyone found proof that the pain meds are his CURRENT problem. This is getting blown out of porportion
SMITH201
6/30/2010 5:04pm
I'm telling you. This can possibly be a career ending injury. You need to take however long it takes to heal 100%. Because of the lack of blood flow it can be over a year. That bone can even die in some cases. If he was limping heavy at high point, then he needs significant more time to stay off his foot and let it heal. If he doesn't he will be doing the same thing Ferry is doing now Sad
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
6/30/2010 5:35pm
Just to clarify what Weege said during the broadcast regarding Nico

At 23:10 - during moto 1 of the 250's, Weege says "that was the report I got from the folks at Racer X."
VEGAS711
6/30/2010 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2010 5:40pm
SMITH201 wrote:
I'm telling you. This can possibly be a career ending injury. You need to take however long it takes to heal 100%. Because of the lack...
I'm telling you. This can possibly be a career ending injury. You need to take however long it takes to heal 100%. Because of the lack of blood flow it can be over a year. That bone can even die in some cases. If he was limping heavy at high point, then he needs significant more time to stay off his foot and let it heal. If he doesn't he will be doing the same thing Ferry is doing now Sad
Ferry is retiring after a long dstinguished career. One of the oldest guys to retire. Are you comparing Izzies future to what Ferry has accomplished?
7/18/2010 6:32pm
First off.....the feet are horrible......injury wise. Ask Devil1NJ.....I had a heel spur from favoring my right side too much after breaking my leg in high school. What a mother.....it took arch supports and heel spacers to sort of straighten it out after a year. Foot injuries are dificult because they rarely recive 1))% of the time needed to heel and when they do immediate pressure goes to the area non stop. ......second off.....pain killers are bad but.....you shouldn't take them more than the initial dose as they block feeling. They don't let you feel things you should feel sometimes allowing you to injure yourself more because of this. Lastly.....live by these words....they will make you stronger......."pain is mental"....."pain is weakness leaving the body"........
7/18/2010 6:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Riiiiggghht! They would know more than anyone one this friggin' site. And being "sick" can mean different things......such as withdrawals. Riders , teams , sponsors and...
Riiiiggghht! They would know more than anyone one this friggin' site. And being "sick" can mean different things......such as withdrawals. Riders , teams , sponsors and so forth do so much to put a curtain over all the bullshit that happens behind the scenes it's unreal.

Maybe he's whacked out on pain pills and maybe he's not.....I hope he isn't. But Izzi has "Never" been known to be a hard worker and that's a proven fact. The team obviously benched him for unknown reasons , so it'll come out sooner or later.

Besides....even if he did have a pain pill addiction....it aint like he's shooting heroin or something. It can be a terrible thing to go through , but the bottom line is it's all up to him to get away from them.....and nobody else.

Honestly I could give a shit less.
gnarwhip wrote:
"it ain't like he's shooting heroin..." Actually, the pain meds he was talking about were Percocet, which are one step below Oxycontin, which is commonly referred...
"it ain't like he's shooting heroin..."

Actually, the pain meds he was talking about were Percocet, which are one step below Oxycontin, which is commonly referred to as "hillbilly heroin."

As far as Weege mentioning that "apparently" nonsense, that's very irresponsible and not cool.
You got no fucking idea what you are talking about. Percocet and Oxycontin are the EXACT SAME CHEMICAL...OXYCODONE.

The only difference is the oxycontin has a time-release component included in the formulation, and oxycontin tablets come in much stronger dosages than percocets come with. Additionally, oxycontin does not contain the APAP like percocet does. I fucking hate it when people chime in about shit they don't know dick about.
BobbyM
7/18/2010 7:09pm
so many experts on here...afuckingmazing
gnarwhip
7/18/2010 8:13pm
You got no fucking idea what you are talking about. Percocet and Oxycontin are the EXACT SAME CHEMICAL...OXYCODONE. The only difference is the oxycontin has a...
You got no fucking idea what you are talking about. Percocet and Oxycontin are the EXACT SAME CHEMICAL...OXYCODONE.

The only difference is the oxycontin has a time-release component included in the formulation, and oxycontin tablets come in much stronger dosages than percocets come with. Additionally, oxycontin does not contain the APAP like percocet does. I fucking hate it when people chime in about shit they don't know dick about.
Where in my post did I say they were different chemicals? Here's YOUR quote: "...oxycontin tablets come in much stronger dosages than percocets..." Thanks for proving my point, prick.
Rizzo
7/18/2010 9:38pm
Holy shit, look at all the pharmacists on here that are into moto......who knew. What a loser, this Izzi kid, slammin drugs and eating narcotics for breakfast lunch and dinner and avoiding his dirt bike career, NOT.

Did anyone take into account that he and his girl were expecting their first child around the same time he missed a week? Perhaps he took some time to put family first, Jesus. Anyone that takes pain meds for an injury is at risk of having an issue stopping, he spoke about his, SO WHAT. Pat him on the back, not kick him in the nuts.
7/19/2010 6:38am
You got no fucking idea what you are talking about. Percocet and Oxycontin are the EXACT SAME CHEMICAL...OXYCODONE. The only difference is the oxycontin has a...

gnarwhip wrote:
Where in my post did I say they were different chemicals? Here's YOUR quote: "...oxycontin tablets come in much stronger dosages than percocets..." Thanks for proving...
Where in my post did I say they were different chemicals? Here's YOUR quote: "...oxycontin tablets come in much stronger dosages than percocets..." Thanks for proving my point, prick.
My apologies bro... I have friends who's lives are ruined because of this stuff. I get a but sensitive about it. Didn't mean to lash out to you.
7/19/2010 6:40am
Rizzo wrote:
Holy shit, look at all the pharmacists on here that are into moto......who knew. What a loser, this Izzi kid, slammin drugs and eating narcotics for...
Holy shit, look at all the pharmacists on here that are into moto......who knew. What a loser, this Izzi kid, slammin drugs and eating narcotics for breakfast lunch and dinner and avoiding his dirt bike career, NOT.

Did anyone take into account that he and his girl were expecting their first child around the same time he missed a week? Perhaps he took some time to put family first, Jesus. Anyone that takes pain meds for an injury is at risk of having an issue stopping, he spoke about his, SO WHAT. Pat him on the back, not kick him in the nuts.
actually one of my best friends is a pharmacist and I've helped her study all through her 8 years of college. And I never said Izzy was a piece. I like the dude as a rider and was originally inquiring as to why he was riding below his capability this season.
SMITH201
7/19/2010 6:50am
SMITH201 wrote:
I'm telling you. This can possibly be a career ending injury. You need to take however long it takes to heal 100%. Because of the lack...
VEGAS711 wrote:
Ferry is retiring after a long dstinguished career. One of the oldest guys to retire. Are you comparing Izzies future to what Ferry has accomplished?
No, Ferry called it quits due to the same injury. I was simply saying that if Nico doesnt sit and take the necessary time to heal, then he will be calling it quits way before he wants to.
7/19/2010 7:19am
SMITH201 wrote:
VEGAS711 wrote:
Vegas,

You're a goof.

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi sat by Star for not putting in the effort

The Latest