Nico Izzi has lost it

akillerwombat
7/30/2015 11:08am
Doctors prescribe people a shit load of opiates to help them deal with pain then people blame them for getting addicted to opiates.
7/30/2015 11:30am
I took a look at his Twitter just now... its amazing how moronic someone can be.

Dude, you aren't a fucking O.G.... you are a dropout from Michigan with zero class.

Typical black sock wearing 909 d-bag. Who cares if he can ride a motorcycle fast... life is going to reach up and bitch slap him.
Atmos
7/30/2015 11:37am
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love thefactorypilot.
Spot on JW.
500guy
7/30/2015 11:46am
I'm a believer in 2nd chances or even 3 and 4th chances but I'm also a believer in not tolerating or supporting bad actions.

if people jumped off this kids nuts like they were rotten , He would bottom out and have maybe a real chance.

The Shop

Suns_PSD
7/30/2015 11:53am
Due to some pretty large injuries in my life, I have been physically addicted many times but with absolutely no mental addiction at all. Who would want to live like that? Hell, I'm too cheap to do drugs! I won't even buy myself a soda or tea when I eat out! I just quit and dealt with the pain of withdrawal from the injuries.

I've tried to be really understanding towards addicts, with this understanding that it's a disease and not their fault but I can longer play that game. Even having watching my Aunt kill herself with the drugs, many friends at the brink, and a wife that is self medicating with alcohol, I just don't buy the 'disease' angle. I believe that many people have poor pain tolerance and poor self control and I guess that they can not control that part of their genetics. But it all comes back to self control in the end.
Sandberm
7/30/2015 11:53am
The worst thing that can happen in a persons life is to take that first drink of alcohol/drug etc., AND FIND OUT YOU LIKE IT. It relieves a pain that has been felt for a lifetime prior that you couldnt cure till you took THAT drink or THAT hit/puff etc. From there on, for the rest of your life it is there, you think about it every day and want to do it every day to a certain degree.

Thats what people without addiction issues fail to understand. The person with the addiction cant choose to not think about it, not desire it. Its there every damn day eating at you.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
7/30/2015 11:54am
Camp332 wrote:
Opiate addiction doesn't discriminate. No drug or alcohol addiction does. Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians(you know, the people we hold to a higher standard) are not exempt from...
Opiate addiction doesn't discriminate. No drug or alcohol addiction does. Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians(you know, the people we hold to a higher standard) are not exempt from being addicts.

There is a lot of ignorance in this thread, and for you people, I hope nobody in your family, or you suffer from addiction later on in life. If it does, I assure you, you will change your tune.

We've confronted it in this family.

Every single last one of those addicts made the choice, at some point, to cross that line. Nobody did it for them. And, I would dare say, every single one of them had been warned, cautioned, counseled about the consequences. They chose to ignore them.

And, to get clean, every single last one will have to make the choice at some point in the future to put it down and get better.

The rehab/12 step process all place the notion of 'free will' and proper choices as paramount and being the foundation of finding a healthy life. The last thing they would teach is treating the addict as a 'victim'. That it is a disease does not relieve them of responsibility. Accepting responsibility and eliminating denial is crucial to the process. That's why removing all enabling support and hastening the arrival of 'rock bottom' is such an important concept in recovery therapies.
davistld01
7/30/2015 12:40pm
So this is Nico Izzi "training" shirtless, without any protective gear on except a helmet zooming around a track? Is that supposed to be impressive? I think the title of the vid should be "Nico Izzi June 2015 Looking Like An Idiot".
Tpog496
7/30/2015 12:48pm
Suns_PSD wrote:
Due to some pretty large injuries in my life, I have been physically addicted many times but with absolutely no mental addiction at all. Who would...
Due to some pretty large injuries in my life, I have been physically addicted many times but with absolutely no mental addiction at all. Who would want to live like that? Hell, I'm too cheap to do drugs! I won't even buy myself a soda or tea when I eat out! I just quit and dealt with the pain of withdrawal from the injuries.

I've tried to be really understanding towards addicts, with this understanding that it's a disease and not their fault but I can longer play that game. Even having watching my Aunt kill herself with the drugs, many friends at the brink, and a wife that is self medicating with alcohol, I just don't buy the 'disease' angle. I believe that many people have poor pain tolerance and poor self control and I guess that they can not control that part of their genetics. But it all comes back to self control in the end.
I agree 100% other than the soda thing, I always get a soda.
Insider347
7/30/2015 12:49pm
There is no excuse for throwing it away. Up until recently I was a "health care professional" in a high stress environment. I had a lot...
There is no excuse for throwing it away.
Up until recently I was a "health care professional" in a high stress environment. I had a lot of patients with drug issues, PTSD, life changing physical injuries etc.
Some guys can deal with it and the weaker ones can't. I know people living without limbs that are super positive about their outlooks and continue to excel, and some guys with fairly minor injuries that just can't man up and come up with every excuse in the book to make people feel sorry for them.
Same thing with PTSD, I know people with "severe" PTSD for practically no reason, and I know guys that have seen and experienced some horrible stuff and they are totally fine. (In fact, I myself have been exposed to some not so awesome things and I just decided that it's life and it won't bother me).
I see people stuck on drugs, and no matter how hard you try to show them what it's doing to their lives, they just won't get off that train, and I find them selfish. Not only are they hurting themselves but everyone else around them that cares.
I understand addictions, but I just can't understand the "victim" mindset that goes along with it. If you REALLY want to be free, you will be. Yes, we are all different and things affect each of us differently, but I see it as weak when you have so much to lose.

I can say this stuff from experience... Aside from a life altering physical injury.
I fought in Afghanistan as a dismounted medic, I've experienced more than enough things that I could use as excuses to have PTSD, a chemical dependency problem etc.
I had surgery last year, and for the first time I was taking an opiate (I rarely drink, I've never done any type of rec drug, even weed) and it didn't take me long to realize how easily I could get addicted. So I stopped, I just dealt with the pain and carried on. So yeah, I see it as weak for people to just give up, especially when they have so much promise.

Those "scum" that don't have much going on in life to begin with, I understand it is their escape from a crappy life, but no, I don't feel sorry for them. Everyone has low points in their life, and sometimes people need help, but unless you put in the effort and a real dedication, I don't have the time.

Really sucks to see someone with so much talent just let it fade away.
Health care professional??
You seem to need alot more education in addiction. I have the real experience and some of your beliefs are way off!! You can have your opinions but they aren't factual.
Cygnus
7/30/2015 12:50pm
davistld01 wrote:
So this is Nico Izzi "training" shirtless, without any protective gear on except a helmet zooming around a track? Is that supposed to be impressive? I...
So this is Nico Izzi "training" shirtless, without any protective gear on except a helmet zooming around a track? Is that supposed to be impressive? I think the title of the vid should be "Nico Izzi June 2015 Looking Like An Idiot".
If that is actually Nico he might As well hang up the boots. I'm faster than that.
The Rock
7/30/2015 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 1:07pm
Doctors prescribe people a shit load of opiates to help them deal with pain then people blame them for getting addicted to opiates.
The amount of painkillers since the early 2000s prescribed went up exponentially between now and today. The state of Florida filled enough prescriptions one year to medicate EVERYONE in the other 49 states. Big pharm and big medicine working hard to make sure we have plenty of drug offenders to keep our privatized prisons at over capacity and making money for their shareholders.

US is 5% of the world's population but we have 25% of the world's inmates. It was Nixon's war of drugs that saw the incarceration rate go slightly up after being level for years but in 1981 the influx of cocaine (amount of cocaine seized in the 80s went up exponentially) and subsequent crack epidemic has kept our prisons have been bursting at the seems ever since and is why we have these idiotic early release programs to reduce overcrowding.

Keep the non violent offenders out of the system as much as possible so the violent offenders don't get released early. The financial and human cost on our society of this warped incarceration rate is incalculable in my opinion.

The Rock
7/30/2015 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 2:26pm
Camp332 wrote:
Opiate addiction doesn't discriminate. No drug or alcohol addiction does. Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians(you know, the people we hold to a higher standard) are not exempt from...
Opiate addiction doesn't discriminate. No drug or alcohol addiction does. Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians(you know, the people we hold to a higher standard) are not exempt from being addicts.

There is a lot of ignorance in this thread, and for you people, I hope nobody in your family, or you suffer from addiction later on in life. If it does, I assure you, you will change your tune.

We've confronted it in this family. Every single last one of those addicts made the choice, at some point, to cross that line. Nobody did it...
We've confronted it in this family.

Every single last one of those addicts made the choice, at some point, to cross that line. Nobody did it for them. And, I would dare say, every single one of them had been warned, cautioned, counseled about the consequences. They chose to ignore them.

And, to get clean, every single last one will have to make the choice at some point in the future to put it down and get better.

The rehab/12 step process all place the notion of 'free will' and proper choices as paramount and being the foundation of finding a healthy life. The last thing they would teach is treating the addict as a 'victim'. That it is a disease does not relieve them of responsibility. Accepting responsibility and eliminating denial is crucial to the process. That's why removing all enabling support and hastening the arrival of 'rock bottom' is such an important concept in recovery therapies.
Sandberm wrote: Thats what people without addiction issues fail to understand. The person with the addiction cant choose to not think about it, not desire it. Its there every damn day eating at you.

Camp332 and Sandberm-Great posts

WhipMeister-I agree with one clarification. In my experience people's free will is often influenced by the disease but from I also know you cannot save someone from themselves. I tried for years to help Phil Alderton (he received three recovery assists instead of the only one I promised him the day I picked him up at Warm Springs 3/30/06) before I finally realized I couldn't help him.

The one realization I had towards the end was as much as I was not liking having to deal with the drama around Phil's stuff it was even less fun for him. I'm still affected by his passing and is why his memorial shirt is taking so long. I know he's gone but doing this shirt is the exclamation point on his passing. Guess there is still some denial in me and possibly some guilt left over even though I did everything and then some to help Phil.
The Rock
7/30/2015 1:14pm
Cygnus wrote:
If that is actually Nico he might As well hang up the boots. I'm faster than that.
Speaking of boots that rider ISN'T WEARING ANY! Wonder if this individual has any health insurance?

In the early 70s a guy Butch Ditmeir showed up at our killer gravel pit on the south side of Dayton and proceed to rip around the track in shoes. He was fast right up until the point his foot slip off the peg and he literally almost ripped his foot off. I didn't go over to look unlike Randy Richardson who did and returned white as a sheet. Butch's ankle was shattered and his foot was being held on my tendons and skin.

Needless to say Butch was permanently affected by his poor decision and had limited mobility and an external brace hinge thing from that day forward.

7/30/2015 1:52pm
davistld01 wrote:
So this is Nico Izzi "training" shirtless, without any protective gear on except a helmet zooming around a track? Is that supposed to be impressive? I...
Cygnus wrote:
Nico 2008 - This is your brain

Nico 2015 - This is your brain on drugs

agn5009
7/30/2015 1:57pm
Suns_PSD wrote:
Due to some pretty large injuries in my life, I have been physically addicted many times but with absolutely no mental addiction at all. Who would...

Best response in here. It's all about self control and being strong enough to believe you don't have to be susceptible to anything. Anyone who can sit here and blame anyone else or anything else for Izzi's shitty lifestyle is a boner.
7/30/2015 2:04pm
I just wish more struggling pros came on Vital to get career advice from us. Think of how much better their lives would be......
The Rock
7/30/2015 2:10pm
agn5009 wrote:
Best response in here. It's all about self control and being strong enough to believe you don't have to be susceptible to anything. Anyone who can...
Best response in here. It's all about self control and being strong enough to believe you don't have to be susceptible to anything. Anyone who can sit here and blame anyone else or anything else for Izzi's shitty lifestyle is a boner.
Thanks for so succinctly solving the millions of people's problems with drugs and alcohol. Got it......all they need is more self control.

Seriously it is obvious you don't know much about alcoholism and drug addiction. Not saying there isn't a personal choice component but this is much more than a self control issue IMHO.

7/30/2015 2:22pm
Here's some stats for you. The medical community, the pharm companies, and the government share a role in the increase of opiates. It's nothing more than business. Do we really think Americans have so much more pain than other countries? No- our "health care" system hands them out like candy.

the total number of opioid pain relievers prescribed in the United States has skyrocketed in the past 25 years (Fig. 1).[4] The number of prescriptions for opioids (like hydrocodone and oxycodone products) have escalated from around 76 million in 1991 to nearly 207 million in 2013, with the United States their biggest consumer globally, accounting for almost 100 percent of the world total for hydrocodone (e.g., Vicodin) and 81 percent for oxycodone (e.g., Percocet)

MXD
7/30/2015 2:24pm
I'm not sure anyone chooses addiction. I have been prescribed pain meds many many times in my life and I never once thought "I can't wait to get hooked on these things". Luckily for me, I never did get hooked but I can tell you that addiction was the furthest thing from my mind when I took them. I just wanted to feel better and they worked. I imagine that by the time you realize you're hooked, it's too late and the addiction has taken hold. So the initial "decision" all you guys are referencing, your reference is a bit skewed. You're assuming they are deciding to use knowing they will be addicted. That's simply, most often, not the case. They take that initial pill assuming that it will just kill the pain. The rest catches them by surprise.
agn5009
7/30/2015 2:38pm
agn5009 wrote:
Best response in here. It's all about self control and being strong enough to believe you don't have to be susceptible to anything. Anyone who can...
The Rock wrote:
Thanks for so succinctly solving the millions of people's problems with drugs and alcohol. Got it......all they need is more self control. Seriously it is obvious...
Thanks for so succinctly solving the millions of people's problems with drugs and alcohol. Got it......all they need is more self control.

Seriously it is obvious you don't know much about alcoholism and drug addiction. Not saying there isn't a personal choice component but this is much more than a self control issue IMHO.

Obviously you don't know much either. Go ahead, blame everyone else for an addicts choices and problems. Blame the doctors because they gave them a prescribed drug to ease pain when they were injured then the person isn't intelligent enough to only take the prescribed amount. Blame the parents because they didnt give enough hugs and kisses. Blame the teachers because they didn't notice their behaviors young enough. Blame the police because they didn't arrest them soon enough. Blame the community they live in. Blame their friends for the choices they make. Go ahead, keep blaming everyone except the one person that needs all the blame. I never said Izzi is a bad person for doing drugs. I'm saying place the damn blame on the person who is doing this shit.
Spartacus
7/30/2015 2:48pm
agn5009 wrote:
Obviously you don't know much either. Go ahead, blame everyone else for an addicts choices and problems. Blame the doctors because they gave them a prescribed...
Obviously you don't know much either. Go ahead, blame everyone else for an addicts choices and problems. Blame the doctors because they gave them a prescribed drug to ease pain when they were injured then the person isn't intelligent enough to only take the prescribed amount. Blame the parents because they didnt give enough hugs and kisses. Blame the teachers because they didn't notice their behaviors young enough. Blame the police because they didn't arrest them soon enough. Blame the community they live in. Blame their friends for the choices they make. Go ahead, keep blaming everyone except the one person that needs all the blame. I never said Izzi is a bad person for doing drugs. I'm saying place the damn blame on the person who is doing this shit.
In many cases it's not as easy as that. Be nice if it was though, that way we could keep people in a box that's easy to understand.
Suns_PSD
7/30/2015 3:20pm
MXD wrote:
I'm not sure anyone chooses addiction. I have been prescribed pain meds many many times in my life and I never once thought "I can't wait...
I'm not sure anyone chooses addiction. I have been prescribed pain meds many many times in my life and I never once thought "I can't wait to get hooked on these things". Luckily for me, I never did get hooked but I can tell you that addiction was the furthest thing from my mind when I took them. I just wanted to feel better and they worked. I imagine that by the time you realize you're hooked, it's too late and the addiction has taken hold. So the initial "decision" all you guys are referencing, your reference is a bit skewed. You're assuming they are deciding to use knowing they will be addicted. That's simply, most often, not the case. They take that initial pill assuming that it will just kill the pain. The rest catches them by surprise.
Your statement implies that once you are 'hooked' due to long term use, that you somehow are unable to still quit. Like once your body gets hooked, it's just impossible to suffer any withdrawal symtoms.

2 of my biggies: I crashed a streetbike at about 80 mph with no shirt on, I shattered two hands and lost massive amounts of flesh that took many months to grow back. I was a 23 then. More recently, in 2010 I disintegrated my L1 vertebrae in an MX accident at 38 years of age. Both times my body was completely and totally hooked on the drugs from 2 months of solid use. As soon as I quit feeding it pain pills it hurt all over. So both times I took exactly 1 pill and one pill only at about 14 hours out to take the edge off the pain and then I suffered thru the rest, which frankly ain't that bad. It's like 2 days after the hardest workout you ever did and then you have the flu also. Yah it sucks but so does being a drug addict.

The Rock
7/30/2015 3:27pm
Becoming addicted to pain medication is a disease Taking the painkillers causes a change in one's brain chemistry that is not under the individual's control. It is absolutely not anyone's fault. Addiction is a chemical, physical disease, one that requires expert medical treatment in a safe, humane environment.

How pain killers can actually increase chronic pain.
mj731
7/30/2015 3:31pm
I think if you listen to any addiction medical specialists they will tell you that there is a genetic factor for becoming an addict. Some people can use legal or illegal substances with no problem and others will end up addicted guaranteed. I'm not defending anyone or talking about anyone specific, just stating what I have heard.
The Rock
7/30/2015 3:33pm
Camp332 wrote:

newmann wrote:
Can't argue with any of that. It can start out innocent enough and once you are there it seems to consume them to a point they...
Can't argue with any of that. It can start out innocent enough and once you are there it seems to consume them to a point they have zero fucking idea what they are doing. Ten years ago here in Southeast Texas people were dropping like flies. Still are, but not to the extent back then. Pill mill pain management clinics offering free office visits and prescriptions if you brought in a new victim...um I mean patient. College kids were packing in by the carload driving from one clinic to another and from one pharmacy to another getting scripts filled. Pharmacies couldn't keep enough oxy, vicodin and soma on the shelves and when they wised up to what was going on and started rationing it out they were all getting broken into at night and robbed at gunpoint during the day. Crazy stuff. One funeral I went to one of the young people there mentioned it was the ninth funeral for him to attend for classmates he had gone to school with that had od'd.
For those who are interested here is the smoking gun that explains how the big drug companies conspired to get doctors to increase the amount of painkiller prescriptions.

Here is a mindblower: A buddy of mine that has a Percocet prescription is required by Ohio law to be drug tested to make sure he is taking the Percocets and not selling them. I had never heard of drug testing to make sure you were taking drugs.
The Rock
7/30/2015 3:35pm
excerpt from smoking gun link By 2010, the United States, with about five per cent of the world’s population, was consuming ninety-nine per cent of the world’s hydrocodone (the narcotic in Vicodin), along with eighty per cent of the oxycodone (in Percocet and OxyContin), and sixty-five per cent of the hydromorphone (in Dilaudid).
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
7/30/2015 3:37pm
MXD wrote:
I'm not sure anyone chooses addiction. I have been prescribed pain meds many many times in my life and I never once thought "I can't wait...
Personally, I see quite a distinction between those who start on recreational drugs and make their way to opiates, and those who get there via prescriptions and serious injuries. I have no sympathy for the former. For the latter, IMO, the medical profession has been overly aggressive in prescribing opiate based painkillers, and lax in warning of their dangers.

For me, the last time I was on opiate based painkillers for an injury, I kept a log of how often I was supposed to take a pill and tried to push the intervals farther and farther out. That stuff is scary.
The Rock
7/30/2015 3:43pm
I am not defending addicts just don't buy into (nor do medical professionals) that your simple solution of self control is the answer. Regarding "since you clearly don't care enough to want him to quit" nothing could be further from the truth. I know my update won't impact your agenda since "clearly" you've got this whole addiction thing figured out eh.

BTW was that your sarcasm in the other thread about the guy's sponsor saying it was okay to take the meds and keep the clean date?

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi has lost it

The Latest