Nico Izzi getting in "race shape" for Nationals

1/10/2018 9:49am
kzizok wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/07/236708/s1200_8701E012_DB57_4D38_B7C8_63EF9D7A9FCE.jpg[/img] [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank]“lean”[/url]
Good eye. He got lean off dat LEAN!

So this is what a Motocross racer looks like who races the “toughest sport in the world”...
Well, not exactly.

He's a guy with tons of talent who can't find a place in the "toughest sport in the world" due to lack of discipline or professionalism. I am sure you can find similar examples in every other sport.
Katoomey
1/10/2018 11:57am
Spagina767 wrote:
Hey bud, you might want to re-think the way you are viewing things. I've had long hair before, have a lot of tattoos, and just like...
Hey bud, you might want to re-think the way you are viewing things.

I've had long hair before, have a lot of tattoos, and just like him I've actually had 2-4 things laying on my bedroom floor before. I'm not, nor have I ever been, strung out. I really just don't see this picture as any indictor of someone's current status regarding drugs.
fair enough, but he sure doesn't look like a professional person. I wouldn't hire someone who lives their life like that.

When I interview someone applying for a job, I surprise them by going out to look at their car. You can tell a lot about how professional, organized, and together someone is by the environment they create for themselves. I would never hire someone who doesn't take care of their car and keep both the inside and outside clean.

maybe you can't ultimately judge a book by it's cover, but you can definitely get a vibe from the liner notes, and in Izzi's case, the dust cover is off, laying in the corner of a dirty hotel room, liner notes exposed...and in bold print.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
1/10/2018 1:16pm
kzizok wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/07/236708/s1200_8701E012_DB57_4D38_B7C8_63EF9D7A9FCE.jpg[/img] [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank]“lean”[/url]
Good eye. He got lean off dat LEAN!

So this is what a Motocross racer looks like who races the “toughest sport in the world”...
Well, not exactly. He's a guy with tons of talent who can't find a place in the "toughest sport in the world" due to lack of...
Well, not exactly.

He's a guy with tons of talent who can't find a place in the "toughest sport in the world" due to lack of discipline or professionalism. I am sure you can find similar examples in every other sport.
I know, I was just being sarcastic. Smile
peelout
1/10/2018 1:28pm
is this a hotel room?

who the fuck lets a mirror get that dirty?

wtf

The Shop

1/26/2018 6:34am
Reminds me so much of the movie Encino Man, when Brendan Fraiser is the cave man and they clean him up Laughing

mx317
1/26/2018 7:00am
Much ado about nothing. I hope the best for him.
Tracktor
1/26/2018 8:53am
This thread remains in the Moto Forum yet a serious discussion about TBI's hits the dungeon. Interesting priorities?......
jbomx363
1/26/2018 9:07am
People have short memories. He tried a comeback last year and.. it didn't go so well. The guy ponying up for him said.. if he stays clean and what not, he'd pay forever. Not sure what really happened to his deal, but he was out before midway I think.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/26/2018 9:15am
Tracktor wrote:
Christ on a crutch. A bunch of grown men critiquing a dudes fucking selfie..............
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/26/2018 9:16am
Reminds me so much of the movie Encino Man, when Brendan Fraiser is the cave man and they clean him up :laugh: [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BYmE0NjhiZmItODczNy00YTY2LTg0N2YtMmE2ODE1ZDJjYmE0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_.jpg[/img]
Reminds me so much of the movie Encino Man, when Brendan Fraiser is the cave man and they clean him up Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
BobPA
1/26/2018 9:18am
jbomx363 wrote:
People have short memories. He tried a comeback last year and.. it didn't go so well. The guy ponying up for him said.. if he stays...
People have short memories. He tried a comeback last year and.. it didn't go so well. The guy ponying up for him said.. if he stays clean and what not, he'd pay forever. Not sure what really happened to his deal, but he was out before midway I think.
Easy with the facts. You will be labeled a hater...
mac3-d
1/26/2018 9:41am
peelout wrote:
is this a hotel room?

who the fuck lets a mirror get that dirty?

wtf
Never mind the mirror, make your bed young man Dry
NorCal 50+
1/26/2018 9:43am
The kid's career was on rails until he stepped off that RMZ and broke his feet! He said nobody from Suzuki even called him in the hospital, and it's been downhill since then. I still hold out hope, if he quit people would just give him more shit.
racerx217
1/26/2018 9:52am
Well if it doesnt work out he can go back to cutting lawns in MI.
Forty
1/26/2018 9:54am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
The kid's career was on rails until he stepped off that RMZ and broke his feet! He said nobody from Suzuki even called him in the...
The kid's career was on rails until he stepped off that RMZ and broke his feet! He said nobody from Suzuki even called him in the hospital, and it's been downhill since then. I still hold out hope, if he quit people would just give him more shit.
This..I'd like to see him do well and then leave on his terms.

We should all get to leave this sport on our terms...
mxb2
1/26/2018 10:04am
jbomx363 wrote:
People have short memories. He tried a comeback last year and.. it didn't go so well. The guy ponying up for him said.. if he stays...
BobPA wrote:
Easy with the facts. You will be labeled a hater...
X2, some on here dont like facts or truth.
Rhody
1/26/2018 10:09am
Katoomey wrote:
fair enough, but he sure doesn't look like a professional person. I wouldn't hire someone who lives their life like that. When I interview someone applying...
fair enough, but he sure doesn't look like a professional person. I wouldn't hire someone who lives their life like that.

When I interview someone applying for a job, I surprise them by going out to look at their car. You can tell a lot about how professional, organized, and together someone is by the environment they create for themselves. I would never hire someone who doesn't take care of their car and keep both the inside and outside clean.

maybe you can't ultimately judge a book by it's cover, but you can definitely get a vibe from the liner notes, and in Izzi's case, the dust cover is off, laying in the corner of a dirty hotel room, liner notes exposed...and in bold print.
I get a bit of a laugh out of this one. There is a line here for me. If the person showed up in a car that would cause me to do a double take going down the freeway, I probably wouldn't hire them, but I sure would not do an inspection. I have had plenty of neat freaks work for me, and aside from everything looking great in there workspace, they were useless. I do expect work spaces to be decently clean, but some of the best engineers I know have to be reminded to pick up the trash every couple of days. You can build a small block chevy from the parts in the back seat of my truck, that doesn't mean I can't run a project, it just means don't hire me as your cleaning lady. For a motocross racer, I wouldn't worry about it. His job is to be fast, more people can clean an apartment than can run the pace on a supercross track.
Donovan759
1/26/2018 10:11am
Tracktor wrote:
This thread remains in the Moto Forum yet a serious discussion about TBI's hits the dungeon. Interesting priorities?......
One jabroni always ruins it for the bunch. That was a good discussion. Shame it got tanked...
web mx
1/26/2018 10:27am
Tracktor wrote:
What was the TBI thread called? I looked for it in dungeon
MC752
1/26/2018 10:38am
Not sure how to post the direct video. And not that I approve of what he has done. But damn. Pretty sure this was the crash that started the spiral. Bad deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKHRX1ZIhng watch at the 43:45 mark.
NorCal 50+
1/26/2018 11:09am
MC752 wrote:
Not sure how to post the direct video. And not that I approve of what he has done. But damn. Pretty sure this was the crash...
Not sure how to post the direct video. And not that I approve of what he has done. But damn. Pretty sure this was the crash that started the spiral. Bad deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKHRX1ZIhng watch at the 43:45 mark.
I think you posted the 450 race. Here it is, around 43 minute mark. I think he was running third in the main in the last SX of the year. Just faced right into the triple.

https://youtu.be/l6GSblOEqiw
moto284
1/26/2018 11:16am
jbomx363 wrote:
people also dont know everything that happens, I know a few guys who rode for 3d and supposed to have things paid for but......
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
1/26/2018 11:29am
MC752 wrote:
Not sure how to post the direct video. And not that I approve of what he has done. But damn. Pretty sure this was the crash...
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I think you posted the 450 race. Here it is, around 43 minute mark. I think he was running third in the main in the last...
I think you posted the 450 race. Here it is, around 43 minute mark. I think he was running third in the main in the last SX of the year. Just faced right into the triple.

https://youtu.be/l6GSblOEqiw
It's crazy that Tickle and Friese are the only ones still racing today out of those guys...
Tracktor
1/26/2018 12:13pm
Tracktor wrote:
web mx wrote:
What was the TBI thread called? I looked for it in dungeon
"Should AC92 been allowed to race".................
2/11/2018 8:51pm
The Guy has never won a race in Either pro class. I am not sure why people get all excited about him making a come back. Stroupe, JLaw I get. They (especially Stroupe) has so much talent and used it for a bit. I get Izzi was a great amateur. However I see nothing in pro to think he would of been more than a podium guy in regional supercross's
mb60
2/11/2018 10:26pm
Dam talking about a guy that is trying to get off the floor. Who cares if someone wants to cheer for this guy. I have always thought the guy had talent and then he wasted it away. But good for anybody that battles every day addiction and has the courage to try and stand on two feet again. More power to him and hope it works out for him. Maybe his story will help just one person not walk down the same path as him in the future.

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi getting in "race shape" for Nationals

The Latest