Nico Izzi getting in "race shape" for Nationals

KMC440
1/8/2018 3:32pm
Nico still is as smooth on a bike as ever, pro national speed, not quite yet but those inate God given skills are just under the surface. Sure he's had his problems, unfortunately his have been more publicized. If he was working at a body shop in Boca none of you would care. While some of us have challenged those demons few of us actually know the day-to-day struggles. I bumped into him last summer and he was quiet, reserved and respectful. I know we love to tear people down here but I'm pulling for him, nice to see I'm not the only one.
KMC440
1/8/2018 3:39pm
davistld01 wrote:
In my opinion...since I have a past that includes chemical addiction...Nico needs to get clean, learn to LIVE REAL LIFE clean and sober, and reinvent himself...
In my opinion...since I have a past that includes chemical addiction...Nico needs to get clean, learn to LIVE REAL LIFE clean and sober, and reinvent himself rather than to just go back to the "only thing he knows" and that is racing dirt bikes. It could be that one of the things that's a trigger for his using is the pressure that comes with that profession and having to "prove something" to the naysayers. Screw that! If I were him, I'd get the hell away from the people, places and things that surrounded me when I was in my addiction...and that's professional motocross and all that's in it, and try to live a "normal life". Being clean isn't being "sober". Being clean can just be not putting chemicals into your body...which may or not have anything to do with living life & making healthy life choices without having to get high.

Sorry to preach, but although I'm supportive of anybody who wants to get clean...I hope Nico gets on with his life to be a sober and productive human being rather than just a successful pro racer.

Nico's been living in a po-dunk little town away from everything trying to get it all back together. When I asked what the hell he was doing living there he said it was a place away from all the bad distractions.
Hope this helps Davist.
Forty
1/8/2018 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 3:57pm
I saw him race the outdoor in CO...he was out of shape and endo'd heavily in the first moto however he did finish and like someone said, he's got talent that cannot be taught...this may be something he has to do for himself as a way of letting go on his terms...

all the best to Nico.
1/8/2018 4:58pm
Showing support for a fellow Michigan rider.

The Shop

Forty
1/8/2018 6:01pm
Somewhere there is a GoPro of Darryn Durham that has Izzi in it. Pretty good.
1/8/2018 6:18pm
8686 wrote:
Showing support for a fellow Michigan rider. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/08/236861/s1200_DEF9E5A9_33EA_4864_89AD_2C76724BDF85.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/08/236862/s1200_CBD37B6C_AFA6_497C_BEA2_F22BE53FE489.jpg[/img]
Showing support for a fellow Michigan rider.

Izzi, Lawrence, Tomac. Georke(eyes closed). Whose the short blonde kid ? I don’t rememebwr him.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/8/2018 6:26pm
Izzi, Lawrence, Tomac. Georke(eyes closed). Whose the short blonde kid ? I don’t rememebwr him.
Trettel?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/8/2018 6:36pm
Frank wrote:
Who all posting in this thread are making a run at the 2018 AMA 450 Pro Nationals? Just asking.
Probably about as many people named nico izzi that are truly making a run at the 2018 ama pro nationals
Sully
1/8/2018 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 8:22pm
Here's some highlights of the first 85 12 - 13 mod moto from that year where Izzi damn near ran down Trey Canard after a mid-pack start. The kids' talent level was/is way up there. Trey was a bad dude on a mini bike, too

TymeMoto
1/8/2018 8:25pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Trettel?
Yep, Ian Trettel.

Suzuki had a very solid amateur team back in those days. Davi Millsaps was on that team a year earlier but had just turned pro.
mxb2
1/8/2018 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 8:33pm
Saw him.at steel City get a 3rd on the factory Suzuki, he was rippin, and was a pretty cool guy to talk to.
mxb2
1/8/2018 8:58pm
mxb2 wrote:
Saw him.at steel City get a 3rd on the factory Suzuki, he was rippin, and was a pretty cool guy to talk to.
Correction, 2nd overall behind dungey.
Chains
1/8/2018 11:30pm
Sully wrote:
Here's some highlights of the first 85 12 - 13 mod moto from that year where Izzi damn near ran down Trey Canard after a mid-pack...
Here's some highlights of the first 85 12 - 13 mod moto from that year where Izzi damn near ran down Trey Canard after a mid-pack start. The kids' talent level was/is way up there. Trey was a bad dude on a mini bike, too

Holy shit. LL's looks to be an actual motocross track. Nothing like the slot racing we have now.
Spagina767
1/9/2018 5:45am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Trettel?
TymeMoto wrote:
Yep, Ian Trettel. Suzuki had a very solid amateur team back in those days. Davi Millsaps was on that team a year earlier but had just...
Yep, Ian Trettel.

Suzuki had a very solid amateur team back in those days. Davi Millsaps was on that team a year earlier but had just turned pro.
You sure? That sure looks like Eli Tomac, who was a Suzuki superstar back then...
Spagina767
1/9/2018 5:49am
Supercross may of just started, but Nico Izzi looks to be preparing for another shot at The Great Outdoors. Hopefully he's equally dedicated to keeping his...
Supercross may of just started, but Nico Izzi looks to be preparing for another shot at The Great Outdoors. Hopefully he's equally dedicated to keeping his nose clean; though I question the thought process behind deciding to post this photo..

TannerMxer wrote:
I haven't read through all of this... but everything about this photo, hair, tats, condition of his room, etc... just scream someone who is strung out...
I haven't read through all of this... but everything about this photo, hair, tats, condition of his room, etc... just scream someone who is strung out still.

I really hope he gets his life in order, not even in reference to moto, just get healthy and sober. That's all I want.

My favorite memory was watching him destroy the 85 class at the 2003 US Open.
Hey bud, you might want to re-think the way you are viewing things.

I've had long hair before, have a lot of tattoos, and just like him I've actually had 2-4 things laying on my bedroom floor before. I'm not, nor have I ever been, strung out. I really just don't see this picture as any indictor of someone's current status regarding drugs.
Kkawi
1/9/2018 5:58am
Supercross may of just started, but Nico Izzi looks to be preparing for another shot at The Great Outdoors. Hopefully he's equally dedicated to keeping his...
Supercross may of just started, but Nico Izzi looks to be preparing for another shot at The Great Outdoors. Hopefully he's equally dedicated to keeping his nose clean; though I question the thought process behind deciding to post this photo..

TannerMxer wrote:
I haven't read through all of this... but everything about this photo, hair, tats, condition of his room, etc... just scream someone who is strung out...
I haven't read through all of this... but everything about this photo, hair, tats, condition of his room, etc... just scream someone who is strung out still.

I really hope he gets his life in order, not even in reference to moto, just get healthy and sober. That's all I want.

Spagina767 wrote:
Hey bud, you might want to re-think the way you are viewing things. I've had long hair before, have a lot of tattoos, and just like...

I've had long hair before, have a lot of tattoos, and just like him I've actually had 2-4 things laying on my bedroom floor before. I'm not, nor have I ever been, strung out. I really just don't see this picture as any indictor of someone's current status regarding drugs.
Didnt you know tattoos just disappear once you get your life together???
Spagina767
1/9/2018 7:02am
TannerMxer wrote:

Spagina767 wrote:
Hey bud, you might want to re-think the way you are viewing things. I've had long hair before, have a lot of tattoos, and just like...

Kkawi wrote:
Didnt you know tattoos just disappear once you get your life together???
I had heard that but mine aren't going away. Must have used the wrong ink!
jk367
1/9/2018 7:05am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Trettel?
TymeMoto wrote:
Yep, Ian Trettel. Suzuki had a very solid amateur team back in those days. Davi Millsaps was on that team a year earlier but had just...
Yep, Ian Trettel.

Spagina767 wrote:
You sure? That sure looks like Eli Tomac, who was a Suzuki superstar back then...
Eli is on the left and trettel in the middle
Camp332
1/9/2018 7:30am
I'm a fan of Nico, and I truly hope he keeps on the good path.

(He never asked for my advice on how to take a selfie Bro, so I'm not going to give it)
TannerMxer
1/9/2018 7:31am

TannerMxer wrote:

Spagina767 wrote:

Well, it is all about perspective, because most of the people I've come across in my life that look like that are using something: heroin, painkillers, etc. I don't roll with these crowds, but I know people in that world and for me, this is quintessential strung out dude.

We're both not wrong here, we've both just had different perspectives.
Fourth_Floor
1/9/2018 7:53am
TannerMxer wrote:

Spagina767 wrote:

TannerMxer wrote:
Well, it is all about perspective, because most of the people I've come across in my life that look like that are using something: heroin, painkillers...
Well, it is all about perspective, because most of the people I've come across in my life that look like that are using something: heroin, painkillers, etc. I don't roll with these crowds, but I know people in that world and for me, this is quintessential strung out dude.

We're both not wrong here, we've both just had different perspectives.

brocster
1/9/2018 7:56am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 7:57am
There are people that don’t have long hair, tattoos and a few thing on the floor that are strung out ...

If you judge people by their appearance alone you are selling yourself short of meeting good people.

Back on track. Good luck Nicco!

I have long hair, tattoos and occasionally have a few things on the floor but I am not strung out, never failed a drug screen, never had a dui, have two successful kids and worked for a major oil company for 27 years. I would say not bad for someone you would’t even give a chance. Don’t be so shallow...
iBobbyb
1/9/2018 8:08am
agn5009 wrote:
Love when people say this. Racing dirt bikes isn't my job. It's not how I make a living. I can guarantee you I'm not going to...
Love when people say this. Racing dirt bikes isn't my job. It's not how I make a living. I can guarantee you I'm not going to get addicted to heroin and lose my job which results in a rough life for my child.
im sure nico would have guaranteed the same thing.. but life happens.. hopefully you never experience an injury so bad that it leaves you in tremendous pain for months, while they prescribe you strong as drugs to cope, then pull the plug on said drugs leaving you in withdrawals. but lucky for you your old and wise, and not a young kid with no actual life experience other then being at a track.
1/9/2018 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 6:37pm
TannerMxer wrote:

#76 wrote:
Was he really that fast?, is there a video for said race anywhere you know of please?, would love to see.
Was he really that fast?, is there a video for said race anywhere you know of please?, would love to see.
Yes, he used to work the A class in practice back home at BajaMX on his supermini and Michigan has some very fast guys. Nico has always been mad fast.
1/10/2018 5:06am
KMC440 wrote:
Nico still is as smooth on a bike as ever, pro national speed, not quite yet but those inate God given skills are just under the...
Nico still is as smooth on a bike as ever, pro national speed, not quite yet but those inate God given skills are just under the surface. Sure he's had his problems, unfortunately his have been more publicized. If he was working at a body shop in Boca none of you would care. While some of us have challenged those demons few of us actually know the day-to-day struggles. I bumped into him last summer and he was quiet, reserved and respectful. I know we love to tear people down here but I'm pulling for him, nice to see I'm not the only one.
I wonder if this was the race where he was going to kill the other kid if he didn't get out of his way next time? and let him know to his face.
Tracktor
1/10/2018 9:18am
Christ on a crutch. A bunch of grown men critiquing a dudes fucking selfie..............
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
1/10/2018 9:35am
kzizok wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/07/236708/s1200_8701E012_DB57_4D38_B7C8_63EF9D7A9FCE.jpg[/img] [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank]“lean”[/url]
Good eye. He got lean off dat LEAN!

So this is what a Motocross racer looks like who races the “toughest sport in the world”...

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi getting in "race shape" for Nationals

The Latest