Nico Izzi Back on Track

iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2016 8:29am
Glad to see him back on a solid program and more importantly striving to be a better person. Hope he can get some top 15's this summer.
|
Dezerted
5/4/2016 2:20pm
Good for him...

Results can be whatever but I hope he becomes a championship caliber father
hvaughn88
5/4/2016 2:28pm
That's awesome to hear. Anytime can overcome their issues, it's a positive for themselves and everyone they come into contact with. One question I have (and I really do mean question, please don't take this as criticism because that's not my intention): how do recovering addicts approach the issue of future injuries? I know so many of the horror stories of racers that become addicts usually stems from pain pills due to an injury. Injuries are unfortunately an inherent part of this sport, so I could see where it could be quite the obstacle for someone who's recovering and/or sober. Does anyone have any insight as to how this is handled?

And again, congratulations to Nico for making this decision. I've never met you, but anyone that wants to turn their life around has my support.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/4/2016 2:29pm
This is awesome.

I don't care if he's running 39th and battling to stay in the moto, I'll be waving my towel cheering him on as if he was battling for 1st. This is what motocross is about. It's guys and girls of very different speeds coming together around dirt bikes. Whether it's an amateur vet who races just to stay in shape, or a family who races to spend time together, or someone like Nico who races to give him a way out of a dark place, it shows how cool moto is and why we should all take the time to give him a pat on the back and encourage him.

The Shop

MXMattii
5/4/2016 2:32pm
Dezerted wrote:
Good for him...

Great quote! Indeed I hope he enjoys racing and hopefully he can use motocross to keep it on the right track, so he can be the best father possible for his daughter! Of course we will all enjoy his talent on the track, because he can ride a dirtbike for sure!
bsharkey
5/4/2016 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 2:36pm
good for him. thumbs up. he just needs to have fun with it and stay positive
Huey497
5/4/2016 3:07pm
Dezerted wrote:
Good for him...

I second this. I hope he stays on track for his daughters sake. That's what matters most.
mx836
5/4/2016 3:39pm
I wish him luck in his recovery. I hope he can stick with it this time.
Claerhout
Fantasy
363rd
5/4/2016 3:48pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
That's awesome to hear. Anytime can overcome their issues, it's a positive for themselves and everyone they come into contact with. One question I have (and...
That's awesome to hear. Anytime can overcome their issues, it's a positive for themselves and everyone they come into contact with. One question I have (and I really do mean question, please don't take this as criticism because that's not my intention): how do recovering addicts approach the issue of future injuries? I know so many of the horror stories of racers that become addicts usually stems from pain pills due to an injury. Injuries are unfortunately an inherent part of this sport, so I could see where it could be quite the obstacle for someone who's recovering and/or sober. Does anyone have any insight as to how this is handled?

And again, congratulations to Nico for making this decision. I've never met you, but anyone that wants to turn their life around has my support.
Have someone close handle it, and control the doses is what would be smart.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
5/4/2016 3:49pm
Glad to see him get on track. MX as a career is a longshot at this point though, IMO.
jmx411
5/4/2016 3:49pm
Man what 450s would been like right now if Izzi, Stroupe and Jlaw wouldn't have got caught up in the party scene.
davistld01
5/4/2016 4:13pm
Dezerted wrote:
Good for him...

^^^Totally this!^^^

Camp332
5/4/2016 4:36pm
Prayers, and positive vibes for Nico's positive journey.
Starcrossed
5/4/2016 5:54pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
That's awesome to hear. Anytime can overcome their issues, it's a positive for themselves and everyone they come into contact with. One question I have (and...

Many will use a non narcotic pain reliever such as Ultram, but if it is necessary to use an opiate, the patient will be monitored closely, and possibly receive some type of counseling to help decrease the chances of relapsing. Taking more of the medicine than is prescribed, or taking it sooner than prescribed, constitutes a relapse.
usp4u
5/4/2016 6:14pm
Good for Nico, I hope he stays on the bike.

It wasn't very long ago I found myself in a place I never imagined because of some back luck. I turned to booze instead of turning my head towards the problems. Every person's 'bottom' is subjective, and like Izzi, I hadn't burned all my bridges. There definitely is a way back, a way out...it just takes mad work.

Keep your head down, Nico. Stay on that dirtbike. Stay. On. That. Dirt. Bike. That is your way out. Alotta people can't find the way out, or have no one pushing them out. Having a way, and folks who want to see you succeed is immeasurable. The enemy of the addict is idle hands...dirtbikes require busy hands and mind.....
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
5/4/2016 7:15pm
People that want to kick a guy down who's trying to get back up need to stay the fuck out of this thread. Dominic you got this! This is something that hits home for me and I am pulling for you and will be screaming from the fences for you my man
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
5/4/2016 7:16pm
hvaughn88 wrote:

Nubain. Digital or other blocks after surgery. Some choose OTC NSAID's and deal with it. A lot of times you will hear them say that they lost the privilege of being able to take pain meds when they started the abuse.

Like mentioned, some are able to use them under some sort of self imposed managment system.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
5/4/2016 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 7:20pm
jhansen510 wrote:
People that want to kick a guy down who's trying to get back up need to stay the fuck out of this thread. Dominic you got...
People that want to kick a guy down who's trying to get back up need to stay the fuck out of this thread. Dominic you got this! This is something that hits home for me and I am pulling for you and will be screaming from the fences for you my man
Looks like he is really making a go of it. Personally, I think the fact that he looks like hes got more meat on his bones, says way more than his mouth. In other words, his actions are speaking louder than his words.
hvaughn88
5/4/2016 7:26pm
jhansen510 wrote:
People that want to kick a guy down who's trying to get back up need to stay the fuck out of this thread. Dominic you got...
I hope you weren't referring to my post. If so, I can assure you that's not what I was trying to do
NHtoWA421
5/4/2016 7:33pm
From The Facebook page it sounds like Pastrana is helping out with this as well. That is very good on him, and I hope that this program can provide an Avenue for a lot of riders who have gone down the wrong path.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
5/4/2016 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 7:45pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I hope you weren't referring to my post. If so, I can assure you that's not what I was trying to do
I know you weren't asking me but I didnt take your post as negative at all. Appears jhansen was making a proactive comment so that, hopefully, there doesnt have to be reactive ones. Just my interpretation though.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
5/4/2016 7:48pm
He'll be the top finishing Suzuki. Stamp it....
hvaughn88
5/4/2016 8:03pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
kzizok wrote:
I know you weren't asking me but I didnt take your post as negative at all. Appears jhansen was making a proactive comment so that, hopefully...
I know you weren't asking me but I didnt take your post as negative at all. Appears jhansen was making a proactive comment so that, hopefully, there doesnt have to be reactive ones. Just my interpretation though.
Oh ok good deal. Just wanted to make sure
mb60
5/4/2016 8:17pm
When you can own up to the fact you were a junkie. You are headed in the right direction. Good luck to Nico and I will be cheering him on this summer as well.
TallonT911
5/4/2016 8:34pm
NHtoWA421 wrote:
From The Facebook page it sounds like Pastrana is helping out with this as well. That is very good on him, and I hope that this...
From The Facebook page it sounds like Pastrana is helping out with this as well. That is very good on him, and I hope that this program can provide an Avenue for a lot of riders who have gone down the wrong path.
I was producing the Pulp show a few weeks ago when Steve had the guy behind Sick Recovery Racing on, He called Travis and told him what he was planning and Travis wrote a check for 5 or $10,000, can't remember the exact number, but Travis stepped up no questions asked from what I remember.
ledger
5/4/2016 9:21pm
Good on Nico ! This thread is much better than the last Nico thread. I hope he continues to make the right decisions and stay on the right track, props to everyone that supports him, as that's what addict's need most imo. Oh, TP is one helluva genuine good dude.
jk367
5/4/2016 9:51pm
As a recovering opiate addict myself I am pulling for him. It's a long road and seems hard to see the light at the end of he tunnel but it def gets better . As for future injuries, it's something I worry about because there's no way even monitored that I would be able to use opiate pain killers. Give me a taste and I'll want more . Here's to a bright future Mr Izzi go get em

Post a reply to: Nico Izzi Back on Track

The Latest